Israel and Satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28 shows us the Trinity. Why would Christ tell anyone to baptize them in the NAME of a thing or a force? This is the personhood of God here described.

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go [a]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” [b]Amen.
Every thing sent in Gods name does it all in Gods name.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just saved anyone here who thought to research your claims a lot of time.

Thank you.
How is that?
The broad and spacious path is the easy way-those will be destroyed= many are on that path. The narrow gate=Few are on this path leading to life. Because it takes great effort in a satan ruled system. These-make sure of all things.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did not do that.

And

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"... in 381, which would become known as the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, the Trinity as generally understood today became the official belief and teaching concerning the nature of God."

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord" (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"... in 381, which would become known as the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, the Trinity as generally understood today became the official belief and teaching concerning the nature of God."

So you do not believe Christ is divinely God then?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God and Jesus were one.

Maybe look at it like this.
A woman.
She's a mother and a medical professional. Is that three separate and distinct persons? Or is she one woman who is capable of many things?
Yes one God, but also distinct persons.
Think, who gave all authority and power to Christ?

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Of course. He appears as a man. A Jewish male. He was God in flesh. He spoke to his contemporaries and behaved as a Jewish male would. He prayed,he ate,etc...

Every atom that manifest his human form was of and from God because he was God. That's not separate.Thats one.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course. He appears as a man. A Jewish male. He was God in flesh. He spoke to his contemporaries and behaved as a Jewish male would. He prayed,he ate,etc...

Every atom that manifest his human form was of and from God because he was God. That's not separate.Thats one.

Consider Hebrews 5 about Christ, how did Christ learn obedience if He is God who created all things and is all knowing?

To whom was Christ praying? To whom did Christ learn obedience towards?

The only answers that fit the scriptures without creating a lot of nonsense is Christ is God the Son, God is God the Father who is in heaven.

And Christ in the flesh was diminished from the glory He had earlier in Heaven with the Father.

A Priest Forever​

5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”
6 As He also says in another place:

“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek”;
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All the above makes Christ worthy to be our savior and our High Priest to God the Father.
If Christ had not suffered in the flesh, we and He could not be brothers, nor could we be joined together with God the Father who is in heaven. His work gave us eternal life together with God.

Romans 8 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has loads of power! Temporarily. He is the fourth most powerful creature in the universe-after God. He was the anointed cherub. He is going to empower his son the antichrist to perform lying signs and wonders.
That doesn't sound correct. 4th most powerful being? I think your ideas of what the antichrist is and the signs and wonders is wrong. God has power over nature because he created it and has an all encompassing spirit. God kills, wounds, heals and makes alive and there is no other god beside him. He made that clear in the bible. You must be interpreting the dragon and his power wrong.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Archangel Michael is extremely powerful and contends with Satan. He is now more powerful than Satan was.
Satan has been diminished, being cast down.
But Satan is still powerful.

Revelation 12
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they [a]did not prevail, nor was a place found for [b]them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Consider Hebrews 5 about Christ, how did Christ learn obedience if He is God who created all things and is all knowing?

To whom was Christ praying? To whom did Christ learn obedience towards?

The only answers that fit the scriptures without creating a lot of nonsense is Christ is God the Son, God is God the Father who is in heaven.

And Christ in the flesh was diminished from the glory He had earlier in Heaven with the Father.

A Priest Forever​

5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”
6 As He also says in another place:

“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek”;
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” 11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
I've already addressed the majority of your post.

Do we ignore Jesus telling us he was God the Father?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I've already addressed the majority of your post.

Do we ignore Jesus telling us he was God the Father?
What I wrote is real and is the truth. Just the scripture, as is How Jesus tells us If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father. And I and the Father are one. I can see and believe all the scripture that talks about the oneness of God and about how they are also distinct persons. Why not you?

John 17
Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [a]should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I wrote is real and is the truth. Just the scripture, as is How Jesus tells us If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father. And I and the Father are one. I can see and believe all the scripture that talks about the oneness of God and about how they are also distinct persons. Why not you?
The Old Testament tells us God is one .

Jesus said he and the Father are one. Jesus said,when you have seen me you have seen the Father.

We are told, in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God...and the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

All scripture. Why don't you believe it?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and Jesus were one.

Maybe look at it like this.
A woman.
She's a mother and a medical professional. Is that three separate and distinct persons? Or is she one woman who is capable of many things?
One in purpose.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One. I and the Father are one. Changing scripture is a man made act. Not of God's word. You should stop that.
Jesus Father was in Heaven when he said that. thus not 1in being, but one in purpose. All true followers are one in purpose= living to do the Fathers will( Matt 7:21) just as Jesus does.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Father was in Heaven when he said that. thus not 1in being, but one in purpose. All true followers are one in purpose= living to do the Fathers will( Matt 7:21) just as Jesus does.
Your doctrine is deeply flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.