˒ĕlōhı̂m: Plural Persons, or Majesty?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How can unitarianism be destroyed when Jesus of Nazareth is, by definition, himself a unitarian?

Reactions: Wrangler

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can unitarianism be destroyed when Jesus of Nazareth is, by definition, himself a unitarian?

In the Old Testament, it is clear that Jesus Christ is "Mighty God" (Isaiah 9:6), exactly as the Father is "Mighty God" (Isaiah 10:21). Even the Jehovah's Witnesses version, reads "Mighty God", https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/isaiah/9/ TWO distinct Persons Who are MIGHTY GOD.

John 1:1, is also clear, "the Word (Jesus Christ) was WITH (distinct from) God [the Father), and the Word was God". This reading is also found in the Unitarian New Testament by Dr George Noyes, The New Testament: : George Rapall Noyes , Ezra Abbot , Constantin von Tischendorf : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive Clearly again TWO distinct Persons Who are equally GOD

John 1:18, in the best textual evidence reads, "No one has ever seen God. The uniquely existing God, who is close to the Father’s side, has revealed him". Again, the Unitarian Noyes reads, "Only begotten God", The New Testament: : George Rapall Noyes , Ezra Abbot , Constantin von Tischendorf : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

In John 8:58, Jesus Christ says that He is the Great I AM in Exodus 3:14, which is Spoken by The Messanger of Yahweh.

In John 20:28, Thomas tells the Risen Lord Jesus, "Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God", to which Jesus does not rebuke him.

In Hebrews 1:6, God the Father tells the angels to WORSHIP Jesus Christ. In verse 8, the Father addresses Jesus Christ as, Your throne O God". In verses 10-12, the Father continues to address Jesus Christ, and apply the passage from Psalm 102:24-27, to Jesus Christ as THE CREATOR.

In the Gospels, John the Baptist quotes from Isaiah 40:3, and directly applies it to the Coming of Jesus Christ, as Yahweh, in Matthew 3:3, etc.

In Matthew 11:10, Jesus changes the Greek pronoun, so as to make Himself the Speaker, Yahweh of Hosts in Malachi 3:1.

This, and MANY other passages in the Bible, are clear that Jesus Christ is ALMIGHTY GOD, the Great I AM. But YET, the DENIERS of Bible Truth, will continue to attrack what the Word of God Teaches!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In the Old Testament, it is clear that Jesus Christ is "Mighty God" (Isaiah 9:6), exactly as the Father is "Mighty God" (Isaiah 10:21). Even the Jehovah's Witnesses version, reads "Mighty God", https://www.jw.org/en/library/bible/nwt/books/isaiah/9/ TWO distinct Persons Who are MIGHTY GOD.

John 1:1, is also clear, "the Word (Jesus Christ) was WITH (distinct from) God [the Father), and the Word was God". This reading is also found in the Unitarian New Testament by Dr George Noyes, The New Testament: : George Rapall Noyes , Ezra Abbot , Constantin von Tischendorf : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive Clearly again TWO distinct Persons Who are equally GOD

John 1:18, in the best textual evidence reads, "No one has ever seen God. The uniquely existing God, who is close to the Father’s side, has revealed him". Again, the Unitarian Noyes reads, "Only begotten God", The New Testament: : George Rapall Noyes , Ezra Abbot , Constantin von Tischendorf : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

In John 8:58, Jesus Christ says that He is the Great I AM in Exodus 3:14, which is Spoken by The Messanger of Yahweh.

In John 20:28, Thomas tells the Risen Lord Jesus, "Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God", to which Jesus does not rebuke him.

In Hebrews 1:6, God the Father tells the angels to WORSHIP Jesus Christ. In verse 8, the Father addresses Jesus Christ as, Your throne O God". In verses 10-12, the Father continues to address Jesus Christ, and apply the passage from Psalm 102:24-27, to Jesus Christ as THE CREATOR.

In the Gospels, John the Baptist quotes from Isaiah 40:3, and directly applies it to the Coming of Jesus Christ, as Yahweh, in Matthew 3:3, etc.

In Matthew 11:10, Jesus changes the Greek pronoun, so as to make Himself the Speaker, Yahweh of Hosts in Malachi 3:1.

This, and MANY other passages in the Bible, are clear that Jesus Christ is ALMIGHTY GOD, the Great I AM. But YET, the DENIERS of Bible Truth, will continue to attrack what the Word of God Teaches!

It’s an elementary fact that Jesus is a unitarian. How does your understanding of the passages you referred to destroy his unitarianism?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s an elementary fact that Jesus is a unitarian. How does your understanding of the passages you referred to destroy his unitarianism?

Can you not grasp this? Jesus Christ, Who is "the Word", in John 1:1, is WITH God the Father. The Greek "pros" (with) means "someone besides". How can Jesus be the Father Who is God, when He is DISTINCT from Him? the same is in John 1:1. Unitarianism is a heresy and totally unbiblical

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can you not grasp this? Jesus Christ, Who is "the Word", in John 1:1, is WITH God the Father. The Greek "pros" (with) means "someone besides". How can Jesus be the Father Who is God, when He is DISTINCT from Him? the same is in John 1:1. Unitarianism is a heresy and totally unbiblical

Yes, I can grasp that.

Jesus isn’t the Father. Jesus is the Son.

The Father is God. The Father is the Son’s God.

My question though is in regard to how your understanding of scripture destroys the unitarian faith of Jesus.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Unitarianism is heresy, it has been said.

Jesus is unitarian.

If it’s true that unitarianism is heresy then Jesus is a heretic.

Unitarianism is totally unbiblical, it has been said.

If it’s true that unitarianism is totally unbiblical then there is no place in the Bible for Jews and Judaism.

Jesus is a Jew. His religion is Judaism.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it is clear that the Bible says there is only One God, and yet at the same time we have more than One Who is God, any idea of Unitarianism is destroyed.

LOL. I've noticed lately the over-use of the term 'it is clear' when trying to advance a doctrine that goes against explicit teachings in Scripture. In John 17:1-3, Jesus explicitly says the Father is the only true God. Unitarianism affirmed.

Verse 4 of Genesis 1 is the 1st explicit words debunking a triune God; he (singular) separated the light from the darkness. Trinitarians are fond of invoking the use of plural pronouns in verse 26 in ‘us’ making man in ‘our’ image (and in your case, feeling refuge in a different language for heavenly beings). However, this is dicta, assuming who he (singular) is talking to and cannot supersede the 1,000’s of times God is referred to using singular pronouns. Moreover, a command of God recognizing himself in the singular must be more highly regarded.

The 1C is so important, God put it first. It commands us to have no other gods before him (singular), which includes the trinitarian god. The most important commandment, the Sh’ma, begins Deut 6:4 (VOICE) The Eternal is our True God—He alone. Other translations say God is one (singular) – and no translation says God is 3-in-one. Also, consider:

… I alone am the Eternal, the only God. Isaiah 45:6 (VOICE)

… I, the Eternal One, am your God and there is no other. Joel 2:27

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I can grasp that.

Jesus isn’t the Father. Jesus is the Son.

The Father is God. The Father is the Son’s God.

My question though is in regard to how your understanding of scripture destroys the unitarian faith of Jesus.

I have said this MANY times, The Father also calles Jesus Christ GOD, in Hebrews 1:8-9!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL. I've noticed lately the over-use of the term 'it is clear' when trying to advance a doctrine that goes against explicit teachings in Scripture. In John 17:1-3, Jesus explicitly says the Father is the only true God. Unitarianism affirmed.

Verse 4 of Genesis 1 is the 1st explicit words debunking a triune God; he (singular) separated the light from the darkness. Trinitarians are fond of invoking the use of plural pronouns in verse 26 in ‘us’ making man in ‘our’ image (and in your case, feeling refuge in a different language for heavenly beings). However, this is dicta, assuming who he (singular) is talking to and cannot supersede the 1,000’s of times God is referred to using singular pronouns. Moreover, a command of God recognizing himself in the singular must be more highly regarded.

The 1C is so important, God put it first. It commands us to have no other gods before him (singular), which includes the trinitarian god. The most important commandment, the Sh’ma, begins Deut 6:4 (VOICE) The Eternal is our True God—He alone. Other translations say God is one (singular) – and no translation says God is 3-in-one. Also, consider:

If you can read, it says very clearly in Deut 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD"

NOT One GOD, but ONE LORD! The Hebrew for ONE is also UNIQUE

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, but you still haven’t explained how your understanding of scripture destroys the unitarian faith of Jesus.

The Father is YHWH, and He is DISTINCT from Jesus Christ, Who is also YHWH, The Holy Spirit is YHWH, and He is DISTINCT from the Father and Jesus Christ. There is One Godhead. This CANNOT be Unitarianism!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Deuteronomy 6:4

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Father is YHWH, and He is DISTINCT from Jesus Christ, Who is also YHWH, The Holy Spirit is YHWH, and He is DISTINCT from the Father and Jesus Christ. There is One Godhead. This CANNOT be Unitarianism!

It isn’t unitarianism. Jesus is unitarian.

How does what you believe destroy his unitarian belief?

Reactions: Wrangler

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Look, John 1:1 is very clear, Jesus Christ is GOD, the Father is GOD, both 100% COEQUAL!

It should be obvious to you by now, if it wasn’t already, that your understanding of scripture doesn’t destroy the unitarianism of Jesus.

Last edited: