‘a witness of the sufferings of Christ’

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering this morning ‘a witness of the sufferings of Christ.’

Is there ‘a witness of the sufferings of Christ’ today? Witness...does this only include an eye witness there physically Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

The word says: God left us not without witness. The passage that brought up the thought of ‘a witness of the sufferings of Christ’ was 1 Peter 5:1-4 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: [2] Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; [3] Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. [4] And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Many more passages to consider, sure there are many other but only bring them up for us all to consider what is ‘a witness of the sufferings of Christ’.

Philippians 3:7-10 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [8] Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [9] And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: [10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

1 Peter 4:12-14 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: [13] But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. [14] If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye ; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

Romans 8:14-18 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. [15] For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. [16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: [17] And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. [18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

2 Corinthians 1:3-7 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; [4] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. [5] For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. [6] And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. [7] And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers (a witness?)of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
basically suffering is enduring patiently, kind a like suffering the cold weather to fix the car.

Jesus is some one who was there in the beginning how long does He allow human nature to prevail on the face of the earth. as long as it takes therefore suffers the presence of men in their own nature and judgement. when Satan was permitted to attempt to tempt Him He suffered it to be so for our sakes. Jesus didn't need to be saved. those who are born again have no more need to be saved because they are saved but they suffer the same thing Jesus did for the sake of those who might be saved. though one is supposed to be a light in the darkness there is still darkness that won't let there be light.

Job 1:8  And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth (deliberately avoid using; abstain from) evil? 

the constant pressure to give in to sin is everywhere all the time 24/7, and one suffers that environment for the sake of the yet to be saved, as in making the Gospel available to whom He may see yo to do so.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as long as it takes therefore suffers the presence of men in their own nature and judgement. when Satan was permitted to attempt to tempt

Yes...let this the stone be made bread gets me. when satan tempted Jesus Christ to make bread out of a stone to feed himself. Talk about a fast. No different than Matthew 27:42-43 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. [43] He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

the devil quoting the word but never considering Jesus Christ as the chief corner stone of ‘I am the Living bread’ which the Father gives to feed the poor.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes...let this the stone be made bread gets me. when satan tempted Jesus Christ to make bread out of a stone to feed himself. Talk about a fast. No different than Matthew 27:42-43 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. [43] He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

the devil quoting the word but never considering Jesus Christ as the chief corner stone of ‘I am the Living bread’ which the Father gives to feed the poor.
@VictoryinJesus Shows how we are not to pay attention to misquoted Scripture and skewed interpretations.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the "devil" knows who and what Jesus Christ is, make no mistake about that. what is the evil is he deceives man knowing what the truth is. there's a statement in where Jesus says something to the effect that there's no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Spirit. should God make His Presence known to you as in reveal and you reject Him that is unforgiveable to know the Truth and deny it. Jesus also said something to the effect that Satan was cast out of heaven like a bolt of lightning. which tells you Satan and his friends have seen God and know who and what God is which is why there's no salvation for Satan and friends.

you must remember that Jesus came into the world like any other man, and had to abide by man's limitations to be where man is with man. which is now under the full attack of deception without the full revelation of the Truth. so as a man, Jesus had to suffer or tolerate the presence of what men experience. because if He decided to say the heck with this mess our salvation would be domed according to the Father's will.

but in the case of Satan's temptations during the Lord Jesus' fast, Satan was only trying to plant doubt in Jesus that He is the true Son of God. Jesus didn't entertain that possibility if you noticed. which shows you that when such things come to mind you may not be able to prevent but you are responsible for whether you entertain it or not. because you are the one who will suffer the consequence . hence what Jesus is talking about when He speaks of you've done it in your hearts already.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the "devil" knows who and what Jesus Christ is, make no mistake about that. what is the evil is he deceives man knowing what the truth is. there's a statement in where Jesus says something to the effect that there's no forgiveness for blaspheming the Holy Spirit. should God make His Presence known to you as in reveal and you reject Him that is unforgiveable to know the Truth and deny it. Jesus also said something to the effect that Satan was cast out of heaven like a bolt of lightning. which tells you Satan and his friends have seen God and know who and what God is which is why there's no salvation for Satan and friends.

you must remember that Jesus came into the world like any other man, and had to abide by man's limitations to be where man is with man. which is now under the full attack of deception without the full revelation of the Truth. so as a man, Jesus had to suffer or tolerate the presence of what men experience. because if He decided to say the heck with this mess our salvation would be domed according to the Father's will.

but in the case of Satan's temptations during the Lord Jesus' fast, Satan was only trying to plant doubt in Jesus that He is the true Son of God. Jesus didn't entertain that possibility if you noticed. which shows you that when such things come to mind you may not be able to prevent but you are responsible for whether you entertain it or not. because you are the one who will suffer the consequence . hence what Jesus is talking about when He speaks of you've done it in your hearts already.

was mainly asking if you are a witness of the sufferings of Christ?

Reactions: amadeus