“I am Through With Sin!”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
emekrus said:
To receive salvation by faith, please place your hand on your chest and say out this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I agree I’m a sinner. But today, I repent totally of my sins. And I accept you into my heart as my Lord and Personal Savior. Wash me clean with your precious blood. Write my name in the book of Life. Thank you Father for saving me. In Jesus Name!

If you said that prayer, Congratulations! You’re finally on your way to paradise, and have received eternal dominion over sin. You’re finally through with sin forever!

Remain Blessed!
Emeke Odili
Just out of curiosity - can you tell me where the Bible says that this is how you are saved??
By putting your hands on your chest and saying this prayer??

Just curious . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
hey, the faith to have that belief comes from God, it is as good a place to start as any imo.
Absolutely. It is a good place to START.
Then comes obedience - not rebellion . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, see that that presupposes "obedience" to some ideal that has been interpreted into earthly terms, which i understand, but disagree with. And you would, too, when faced with any one of a number of dichotomies that the RCC has been observed to have backed up on, over the centuries. I mean, surely you do not still believe that the sun orbits the earth, etc. I still really like the current Pope though :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
well, see that that presupposes "obedience" to some ideal that has been interpreted into earthly terms, which i understand, but disagree with. And you would, too, when faced with any one of a number of dichotomies that the RCC has been observed to have backed up on, over the centuries. I mean, surely you do not still believe that the sun orbits the earth, etc. I still really like the current Pope though :)
Heliocentrism vs geocentrism is not a matter of doctrine so it really doesn't matter which side you fall on that subject.

As for the current Pope - I think a LOT of non-Catholics like him because they misinterpret what he says.
If they understood that he is NOT the pro-gay, pro-abortion, non-conformist Catholic that they THINK he is - they wouldn't like him.