“I am Through With Sin!”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
“Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh, And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them”—Ezekiel 36: 25-27

A few months back, when the light of the above scriptures and other scriptures entered my spirit, I went about declaring—I am through with sin all my life.

I declared it to my best friend. To my sister in-laws that came visiting; and then finally as I got to school, I went about announcing to everyone I could get across to that “I’m through with sin!”

As I made this declaration to people, some couldn’t understand why I could make such a seemingly absurd statement. I even shared the scriptures I am basing my faith on with my best friend, but he just couldn’t accept the fact that anyone—including believer—can ever be through with sin.

But personally, by the illumination of scriptures—such as the opening scriptures—by the Holy Spirit in my heart, I totally believe that I am through forever with sin. And I’m already walking in the reality of a life above the dominion of any sin.
And this article, shares my scriptural insight on exactly why I believe I am through with sin. To the intent that God will also illuminate you with it. And deliver you forever from any besetting sin in your life in Jesus Precious Name!

So Why Do I Believe I am Through With Sin?

The scriptural facts in which I base my faith of living forever above sin are as follows:
  1. The New Covenant: In the new covenant of God’s grace, as can be seen in the book of Ezekiel 36: 25-27 and Hebrews 8: 7-12, God says he will Sprinkle clean water upon us ( a type of the blood of Jesus) and make us clean.

Then he also promises to take away our hearts of stone and give us a heart of flesh—which I believe he has already given me—then he will put his Spirit within me and cause me to keep his statutes. And of course, I know I have the Holy Spirit within me who is always working righteousness in me.

So therefore, with this covenant, I don’t see how sin can ever dominate me. Then in the final part of the covenant in Hebrews 8:12, God promises to be merciful to all our unrighteousness, and that all our errors (sins) he will remember no more.

So as I walk with the Lord in Holiness, if I stumble, there is forgiveness for me, no matter the gravity of the fall. And as he forgives me, he will strengthen me by his grace, never to do it again (Hebrews 4:12).

2. Other Scriptures: Other scriptures that guarantee that I can never come under the dominion of sin are:

[SIZE=14pt]Romans 6:13-14[/SIZE];

“Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU (me): for you are not under the Law, but under grace”

[SIZE=14pt]1John 3:9;[/SIZE]

“Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin, for his nature remains in him: and HE CANNOT SIN, because he is born of God”
The first scripture says that as we yield ourselves unto God (The Holy Spirit) and our members (that is, our bodies) as instruments of righteousness unto God, sin shall not have dominion over us.

The second scripture says anyone that is born of God does not commit sin—that is, does not make a practice of sin— because his nature (God’s nature) remains in him. And he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

And because I know I have new heart. Because I know the word of God is engraved in my heart. Because I have the nature of God in me (Love). Because I know the fear of God is in my heart. Because I know I’m a vessel of mercy. Because I’m under grace and not under the Law... My eternal conclusion is...

“I AM FOREVER THROUGH WITH SIN!”
And dear friend, you have to believe that too, because God cannot lie. He says what he means and means everything he says. This revelation I just shared with you, is the ultimate cure for sin. It is the only way to live above sin.

To live above besetting sin, you need to believe what I have just shared with you and start walking in this consciousness. This is what the Apostle Paul meant when he said; “Awake to righteousness and sin not” (see 1 Corinthians 15:34). In other words, he was telling us to be righteousness conscious...

Because we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21). Let this consciousness inform your actions; your choice of words; and your behavior. Let this consciousness guide your every thought. And as the devil ministers vain imaginations to your mind, jettison them off in the name of Jesus. Hence, we are told to fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12).

Then finally, as you walk in this consciousness and gain mastery over sin, if you do err—no matter how many times and gravity—remember you’re a vessel of mercy; and that God’s mercy is for those who fear him. Remember that Jesus has promised never to turn his back on you for any error. Just ask for forgiveness, receive it by faith, repent immediately and carry on with the Holy life.

Right now, I declare you a master over sin in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!

I pray that the very God of peace sanctify you wholly. And I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calls you, who also will do it—1 Thessalonians 5:23-24.

There are certain people who can never have dominion over sin. If you are not yet born again, there is no way you can ever gain dominion over sin. So if you are tired of living in sin and you want to receive grace from God to live above sin, you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and Personal Savior.

To receive salvation by faith, please place your hand on your chest and say out this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I agree I’m a sinner. But today, I repent totally of my sins. And I accept you into my heart as my Lord and Personal Savior. Wash me clean with your precious blood. Write my name in the book of Life. Thank you Father for saving me. In Jesus Name!

If you said that prayer, Congratulations! You’re finally on your way to paradise, and have received eternal dominion over sin. You’re finally through with sin forever!

Remain Blessed!
Emeke Odili

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Right now, I declare you a master over sin in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
That is teh sort of thing a pastor would say, wont change the flesh, it is only a walk with Jesus that can do that, be changed from Glory to Glory, it is His doing not ours.

nto my heart as my
And that is foolishness we dont excpet him into our hearts its christiam gobly gook. It must from our own hearts we speak, God isnt interested in Parots.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
whip-clipart-rg-cartoon-1c.png

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hey, you're talking about sin here, what do you expect? I didn't bother looking for "death" this time, but i bet it's in there...they go together, lol.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I'm knee deep in sin.. We ain't never through with sin, but thank goodness the atoning blood of Christ is perpetual.

Reactions: bbyrd009

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you my bretheren... Father I pray blessings and strength upon these men in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 1:15PM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0m4k2i3Dc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Dan57 said:
Unfortunately, I'm knee deep in sin.. We ain't never through with sin, but thank goodness the atoning blood of Christ is perpetual.
fortunately, you can stop this preoccupation with sin and death, and give no more thought to "missing the mark" than a well-placed apology, and go right back to creating again. Unless your desire is to re-lay the foundation, over and over. And over.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
fortunately, you can stop this preoccupation with sin and death, and give no more thought to "missing the mark" than a well-placed apology, and go right back to creating again. Unless your desire is to re-lay the foundation, over and over. And over.
Rom 8:38-39 neither death nor life

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, and yet we are swimming in sin, too; Dan makes a good point. The "bad" guy on your off shoulder does not ever go away; he just gets more inventive. But this does not mean that one cannot be creation centered, rather than focused on sin and death; it just means that one has to be more humble as knowledge is gained, when the very knowledge can easily cause pride. Becoming Creation~centered does not mean that you will suddenly stop missing the mark, sometimes; but the foundation has been laid already, you know what to do. There is no reason to hold clinics on what to do after missing the mark every day; except to new seekers, perhaps.

So, i am through with sin, too, and i am more often convicted, now, of little ways to remove little life stresses, or whatever, that i am not even accountable for, iow, no sin would be attributed to me for not doing this little whatever...except in my conscience, which would convict me for not doing it once i saw that it would be a good thing to do in the moment.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
Becoming Creation~centered does not mean that you will suddenly stop missing the mark,
What "mark" are you striving for?? The false doctrine of sinless perfection?

Reactions: Dan57

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well said
So, i am through with sin, too, and i am more often convicted, now, of little ways to remove little life stresses, or whatever, that i am not even accountable for, iow, no sin would be attributed to me for not doing this little whatever...except in my conscience, which would convict me for not doing it once i saw that it would be a good thing to do in the moment.
amen

1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Heb 13:8 said:
What "mark" are you striving for?? The false doctrine of sinless perfection?
no, exactly not that, in fact. Recognizing that creating something always manifests a little chaff to be burned, or branches to be pruned, whereas perfectionism basically suggests/necessitates that i remain frozen in place, so as not to commit a "sin." So no, i fully expect for some future arrows to miss their marks somewhat, sometimes, although hopefully not in such obviously self-serving ways as i have already recognized harm others in the past. So the mark i strive for is an improvement over the last arrow, if any is even needed, which it may not be for the next 3 shots or whatever, and then all the sudden an adjustment presents itself, right? So now we aren't even thinking "sin" or "missing the mark" at all, now, the other arrows seemed fine, until Suzy mentioned that whenever that arrow gets shot, her whatever gets all sideways, no biggie though, really, because she has seen that a new thing was being attempted, and she knows when to overlook a matter, a small thing, or maybe even something that was due for a pruning anyway, and next thing you know, you have an improved direction for your next arrow, a new mark to not miss, so to speak.

By all means shoot some arrows, already. IRL, i mean. If i happen to be in the vicinity, if i get hurt in the process, i'll say something. Creation can be somewhat messy, and creating some new, better thing necessitates tearing down some old thing, and some mis-steps, perhaps, or even correct steps that are perceived differently, by different people. We recognize that all that "God was sorry..." stuff is just a way to relate this principle, really, and that poetic license is being used to anthropomorphize God to illustrate it.

We characterize omniscience as knowing that it will rain, when God knows that it might rain, iow.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
no, exactly not that, in fact. Recognizing that creating something always manifests a little chaff to be burned, or branches to be pruned, whereas perfectionism basically suggests/necessitates that i remain frozen in place, so as not to commit a "sin." So no, i fully expect for some future arrows to miss their marks somewhat, sometimes, although hopefully not in such obviously self-serving ways as i have already recognized harm others in the past. So the mark i strive for is an improvement over the last arrow, if any is even needed, which it may not be for the next 3 shots or whatever, and then all the sudden an adjustment presents itself, right? So now we aren't even thinking "sin" or "missing the mark" at all, now, the other arrows seemed fine, until Suzy mentioned that whenever that arrow gets shot, her whatever gets all sideways, no biggie though, really, because she has seen that a new thing was being attempted, and she knows when to overlook a matter, a small thing, or maybe even something that was due for a pruning anyway, and next thing you know, you have an improved direction for your next arrow, a new mark to not miss, so to speak.

By all means shoot some arrows, already. IRL, i mean. If i happen to be in the vicinity, if i get hurt in the process, i'll say something. Creation can be somewhat messy, and creating some new, better thing necessitates tearing down some old thing, and some mis-steps, perhaps, or even correct steps that are perceived differently, by different people. We recognize that all that "God was sorry..." stuff is just a way to relate this principle, really, and that poetic license is being used to anthropomorphize God to illustrate it.

We characterize omniscience as knowing that it will rain, when God knows that it might rain, iow.
I think missing the mark is not believing in the finished work of the cross. wut duz that mean to you "finished work of the cross:"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Heb 13:8 said:
I think missing the mark is not believing in the finished work of the cross. wut duz that mean to you "finished work of the cross:"
well, prolly something slightly different to you, or anyone else, for that matter. We are all groping our way along, after all. There is a foundation, faith, that future works must be built upon, and there is an obvious tension between the concepts, both sides get pretty much equal Billing, right, so what that means to me, today, is that when i accept Christ as my Passover, i leave Egypt a Free Man, with some gold, even, and it is up to me to characterize whether i am now in the Promised Land, or dwell in a tent in the Wilderness as i change my mind, and contemplate the other comparisons and contrasts.

And the allusion is not a comfortable one even for me, ok. In one, i am assured of some stuff, and i know some things, and in the other i am called to question, and all of the sudden i do not know, but i still have the Two Pillars, the Fire and the Cloud which i don't even have to make the allusions, you already know what they are.

And so, to agree with you, something that just...came to mind, there is really nothing much that i am going to do in my life to help accomplish "step by step" for God here; God does not need me to do anything to forward the kingdom here on earth. A little leaven leavens the whole lump, and i would also not be slowing down the manifestation of the kingdom any if i went and spent the rest of my life seeking profit, for personal gain. The work of the Cross is finished, iow. Yet i am still advised to "pick up my cross, and follow," so there is a sudden monkey wrench there in that model, as soon as one goes too far in the "faith only" direction, and starts discounting works imo.

No, you cannot go and make a public confession of Jesus in the societally accepted manner, with all the right things said over your ritual "baptism," if you have taken these to be the evidence of the real thing some kind of way, like Constantine did, waiting until his death-bed to do them, lol (which is a huge pointer, right there, the guy who "legitimized" Christianity doing exactly what you are kind of intimating that he should have done, that that was all that was necessary, right?), or doing them in any other dead way, so that some other similar agenda may be served, which is just what we do, as people, we seek to have our cake and eat it, too, "sit on a fence," which i'm sure now that you might qualify your question, since i have taken liberties here that do not apply to you, but that is what seems to often happen, generally speaking.

We can acknowledge that Constantine was wrong, at this remove, but it is somewhat more difficult to recognize how we might be maneuvered into the same practice.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Dan57 said:
Sin is very habit forming. Break your habit's first then sin will be easier to manage.

biotheist

Dec 28, 2016
Personally, I think that running around exclaiming

"I'm done with sin!"

Is the fastest way to fall flat on your face.

Anyway brother, what does your sins and how you deal with them our business. Have you sinned against any of us? Then keep it between you and God.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
biotheist said:
Personally, I think that running around exclaiming

"I'm done with sin!"

Is the fastest way to fall flat on your face.

Anyway brother, what does your sins and how you deal with them our business. Have you sinned against any of us? Then keep it between you and God.
Great post sir.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
man, i find new ways to be God like every, single day. I amaze myself with the creative ways that i am able to ooze into positions of perceived authoritay, lol.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
man, i find new ways to be God like every, single day. I amaze myself with the creative ways that i am able to ooze into positions of perceived authoritay, lol.
w already know

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha. best way to find a wolf? Fake an injury; show a weakness. To a lamb this makes you human, humanizes you, makes you one of them. To a wolf, it makes you meat, they smell blood. This is how God's strength is manifest in weakness, as counter-intuitive as that seems. I can hardly get me mind around that, and i am looking at it, right now. (not you, whomever--Heb? speaking generally, now)