“Welcome Holy Spirit”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 20390
Be ye being filled . . .

Much love!

Did you see that chart? It can't be right when it refers to the act of getting drunk as unsaving thus I can see their error for believing a filling of the holy Spirit as if the believer is not saved yet.

Did you check to see if the source was done by believers that did not believe they were saved yet? It would explain a lot of they did as it can be seen in that chart.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see that chart? It can't be right when it refers to the act of getting drunk as unsaving thus I can see their error for believing a filling of the holy Spirit as if the believer is not saved yet.

Did you check to see if the source was done by believers that did not believe they were saved yet? It would explain a lot of they did as it can be seen in that chart.
That was just an interlinear translation. It's just showing the Greek words and their basic translations.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"asotia" doesn't mean removing saving, it's just not saving. There is that which saves and that which does not. Being filled with the Spirit saves, being drunk does not.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I don't know a specific translation that reads that way. I'm sorry!

Much love!
That's okay - I've been looking for ages, he's gone now so I can't ask him which version it was from but it was one of his favourite sayings.

Reactions: marks

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like what?

Much love!

@Pearl

Pearl said "Any assembly without the Holy Spirit is just a social gathering."

marks said "He can be present in, and work in both large and small groups, I think. I've been in some pretty big groups when I don't think you could have convinced any of us that the Holy Spirit wasn't filling us."

There can be no such assembly of believers without the Holy Spirit for He dwells in us always.

And since there is an apostate movement of feeling the Holy Spirit in the worship place which is in according to the apostle John is the spirit of the antichrist in 1 John 4:1-4 and they testify to a supernatural filling of what they believe is the holy Spirit when it is not since He has been in them since salvation, then believers should not be referring to anything that refers to that apostasy since they too can refer to this supernatural filling as an emotional feeling as those in Khundalini will testify as some wayward believers do of feeling love, peace, & joy when they are being filled.

Anyway, be on alert because that is why the late David Wilkerson was puzzled about those who seek a supernatural phenomenon to fall on them, were getting disappointed in coming to his services but it is only because he testifies to feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit in the worship place & even invite the Holy Spirit to come. Hence the title of the thread "Welcome holy Spirit". Not going to find that in the Bible of believers thanking or welcoming the Holy Spirit but thanking the Father in Jesus's name or/and thanking Jesus Himself for the forever indwelling Holy Spirit in them since salvation for how Jesus Christ is in us and with us always as our Good Shepherd & Friend since we are married to the Bridegroom for why all our eyes should be on the Son since He will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ and have our focus not even for a moment on the Holy Spirit nor any supernatural visitation either.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl

marks said "He can be present in, and work in both large and small groups, I think. I've been in some pretty big groups when I don't think you could have convinced any of us that the Holy Spirit wasn't filling us."

There can be no such assembly of believers without the Holy Spirit for He dwells in us always.

And since there is an apostate movement of feeling the Holy Spirit in the worship place which is in according to the apostle John is the spirit of the antichrist in 1 John 4:1-4 and they testify to a supernatural filling of what they believe is the holy Spirit when it is not since He has been in them since salvation, then believers should not be referring to anything that refers to that apostasy since they too can refer to this supernatural filling as an emotional feeling as those in Khundalini will testify as some wayward believers do of feeling love, peace, & joy when they are being filled.

Anyway, be on alert because that is why the late David Wilkerson was puzzled about those who seek a supernatural phenomenon to fall on them, were getting disappointed in coming to his services but it is only because he testifies to feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit in the worship place & even invite the Holy Spirit to come. Hence the title of the thread "Welcome holy Spirit". Not going to find that in the Bible of believers thanking or welcoming the Holy Spirit but thanking the Father in Jesus's name or/and thanking Jesus Himself for the forever indwelling Holy Spirit in them since salvation for how Jesus Christ is in us and with us always as our Good Shepherd & Friend since we are married to the Bridegroom for why all our eyes should be on him since he will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ and not on the Holy Spirit nor any supernatural visitation either.
You are adding a lot of baggage onto what I've said.

Much love!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"asotia" doesn't mean removing saving, it's just not saving. There is that which saves and that which does not. Being filled with the Spirit saves, being drunk does not.

Much love!

Being filled with the holy Spirit saves which means at our born again of the Spirit moment when we believe in Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:18 is instructing already saved believers not to drink wine wherein there is excess but remain filled with the Spirit.

So that chart you had referenced is wrong in its translation.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are adding a lot of baggage onto what I've said.

Much love!

Do not be surprise if those wayward believers are flocking to you, thinking you mean that when you don't.

There really is no reason to say what you had said unless you picked it up from other people and some of them may be meaning that apostasy.

Just saying. In regards to our faith, there is no scriptural reason to say anything like that, brother, because there is no continual filling of the Spirit to note.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Of course there can be assemblies which lack the presence of the Holy Spirit. Not all who assemble together are Christians. Some churches actively choose to deny him. I know of a lively church led by a born again Spirit filled man. When he retired those responsible chose to appoint a man who was neither born again nor Spirit filled because the majority of the electing committee preferred to do things in the old traditional way. Needless to say that church lost its life.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not be surprise if those wayward believers are flocking to you, thinking you mean that when you don't.

There really is no reason to say what you had said unless you picked it up from other people and some of them may be meaning that apostasy.

Just saying. In regards to our faith, there is no scriptural reason to say anything like that, brother, because there is no continual filling of the Spirit to note.
Nonsense. I'll let you continue my part of the conversation yourself. I think you'll get more out of it that way.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:18 is instructing already saved believers not to drink wine wherein there is excess but remain filled with the Spirit.
The word there is, "Be ye being filled". You now have a choice. Either change the Bible or change your understanding. It's up to you, and no one can force you. But that's your choice.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course there can be assemblies which lack the presence of the Holy Spirit. Not all who assemble together are Christians.

Now how can you judge that?

Some churches actively choose to deny him.

Deny who? The Holy Spirit? How us doing what the holy Spirit has been sent to do which is to testify of the Son to glorify the Son thru us is denying the Holy Spirit? We are led by the holy Spirit & scripture to do that.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

I know of a lively church led by a born again Spirit filled man. When he retired those responsible chose to appoint a man who was neither born again nor Spirit filled because the majority of the electing committee preferred to do things in the old traditional way. Needless to say that church lost its life.

Describe the man who is born again or Spirit-filled from a man that is not and yet the church hired him to do it the "traditional way".

@marks Pay attention.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now how can you judge that?

Deny who? The Holy Spirit? How us doing what the holy Spirit has been sent to do which is to testify of the Son to glorify the Son thru us is denying the Holy Spirit? We are led by the holy Spirit & scripture to do that.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Describe the man who is born again or Spirit-filled from a man that is not and yet the church hired him to do it the "traditional way".

@marks Pay attention.
Sorry @Christ4Me but I think if you are a spiritually renewed Christian you should be able to understand what i said.

Reactions: amadeus

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word there is, "Be ye being filled". You now have a choice. Either change the Bible or change your understanding. It's up to you, and no one can force you. But that's your choice.

Much love!

Brother... remember how you said that for why those who seek a supernatural filling are saying that same thing.

I believe I am always Spirit-filled since salvation as I believe the Bible here in Matthew 9:17 & John 6:35.

I believe I am called to remain sober as that is filled with the Spirit; not seek to be filled with the Spirit, but remain filled with the Spirit with the fruit temperance which is self control as opposing getting drunk with wine wherein there is excess.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brother... remember how you said that for why those who seek a supernatural filling are saying that same thing.
As spiritually renewed Christians all our dealings with God are in the supernatural realm as opposed to the natural realm.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry @Christ4Me but I think if you are a spiritually renewed Christian you should be able to understand what i said.

@marks See that? I am not implying she is not a Christian or unsaved for what she is saying. I am judging what she is saying as not Biblical.

She compared that guy with the guy that replaced him and something is off because she is not explaining her judgment Biblically between the 2.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As spiritually renewed Christians all our dealings with God are in the supernatural realm as opposed to the natural realm.

Are you referring to a supernatural filling of the Holy Spirit apart from salvation?

How do you judge between the former pastor as Spirit-filled and the one the church hired that was more traditional as if not Spirit-filled?

@marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe try to keep separate what I say and what others say?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to a supernatural filling of the Holy Spirit apart from salvation?

How do you judge between the former pastor as Spirit-filled and the one the church hired that was more traditional as if not Spirit-filled?

@marks
"be ye being filled"

Is this a correct translation or no?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks See that? I am not implying she is not a Christian or unsaved for what she is saying. I am judging what she is saying as not Biblical.

She compared that guy with the guy that replaced him and something is off because she is not explaining her judgment Biblically between the 2.
Post 39