12 reasons why hell is not eternal conscious torment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

newbirth

May 23, 2015
StanJ said:
Yes that is what the scripture says, but as you DON'T understand the connotation of one, when used in the Shema, then you falsely assert it contradicts the triune nature of God.
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus said:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I and the Father are one.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus said:[/SIZE] If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
sorry just missed the triune in there....

newbirth

May 23, 2015
logabe said:
The Father's name is Jesus. John 17:26 says,

26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make
it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in
them, and I in them.”

What name did Jesus the person make known to the people? "Jesus the Father" gave "Jesus the
person" a name that was above every name, and whatsoever you do in word or deed do all in
the name of JESUS .

God enrobed Himself in flesh and dwelt among us. In other words, God is Spirit and that Spirit's
name was Jesus. That Spirit became a man and the Spirit gave the man, which is made up of
spirit, soul, and body, the name JESUS.

The devil knows his name and trembles.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe
Don't see a trinity in there either...

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
Of course the Father has a name. What you're not understanding is that the Father is not the Son. The trinity consists of three persons but with the same deity. Can you accept that there is three persons in the trinity?
what is a deity??? you are very confusing....a deity is a god....you are saying the trinity consist of the Father who scripture says is the one God above all with two other persons with the same deity /God....I cannot accept anything you say without scripture reference

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
newbirth said:
Don't see a trinity in there either...
Who said it was a trinity... not me... Hear O Israel, the Lord Jesus our God is ONE. The very God of the
universe became flesh or a man, and Isaiah called the man Emanuel, which means GOD WITH US.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
what is a deity??? a deity is a god....
Correct, a deity is a god, but not God himself. The Son is not the Father. Deity is divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity. Jesus is deity of the Father, but Jesus is not the Father himself. The Holy Trinity clearly speaks of three separate persons in one God. "Beget and begotten" simply means "offspring". John 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
Correct, a deity is a god, but not God himself. The Son is not the Father. Deity is divine character or nature, especially that of the Supreme Being; divinity. Jesus is deity of the Father, but Jesus is not the Father himself. The Holy Trinity clearly speaks of three separate persons in one God. "Beget and begotten" simply means "offspring". John 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
so you are saying Jesus is the God of the Father..(red).???? Now you are telling me the trinity speaks...where in scripture do you find the trinity saying anything???as a matter of fact where in scripture do you find a trinity...

newbirth

May 23, 2015
logabe said:
Who said it was a trinity... not me... Hear O Israel, the Lord Jesus our God is ONE. The very God of the
universe became flesh or a man, and Isaiah called the man Emanuel, which means GOD WITH US.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe
I am glad you did not...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
so you are saying Jesus is the God of the Father..(red).???? Now you are telling me the trinity speaks...where in scripture do you find the trinity saying anything???as a matter of fact where in scripture do you find a trinity...
I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to prove the Son is also the Father, and your doctrine will fall and crash every time. No wonder you're confused. It is impossible to discuss the trinity without these words. So focus on these words first.......

1. deity / offspring / begot
2. three persons

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
newbirth said:
Why are you discussing the Trinity at all when the topic is: '12 reasons why hell is not eternal conscious torment'.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to prove the Son is also the Father, and your doctrine will fall and crash every time. No wonder you're confused. It is impossible to discuss the trinity without these words. So focus on these words first.......

2. three persons
I an not trying to prove anything....just trying to understand what you are posting...(1) I can find in scripture (2 ) I cannot find in scripture...

newbirth

May 23, 2015
OzSpen said:
Why are you discussing the Trinity at all when the topic is: '12 reasons why hell is not eternal conscious torment'.
I suppose the trinity may be one of the 12 reasons

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
I an not trying to prove anything....just trying to understand what you are posting...(1) I can find in scripture (2 ) I cannot find in scripture...
Start with the word "begot or begotten" in John 3:16 KJV. Keep it simple. So what does begotten mean?

2. three persons

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
Start with the word "begot or begotten" in John 3:16 KJV. Keep it simple. So what does begotten mean?

2. three persons
we have derailed this thread long enough...start a trinity thread if you want to discuss further

logabe

Aug 28, 2008

Has anyone seen God before? God is invisible and we can see him through his son. The
son came from the bosom of the Father. (John 1:18)

We have to recognize that Jesus was God's Word before the Spirit lowered him a little
lower than the angels and he became a man for the purpose of being a perfect sacrifice
for the whole creation. (Hebrews 2:9)

In other words, Jesus (the man) went back to the bosom of the Father when he ascended
back to the Father on the day of Pentecost. In essence, Jesus came from the heart of the
Father and he went back until the time of restitution.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Classic Rider,

Congratulations in taking the time to do a thorough study of this subject. Praise God! that you have been enabled to articulate it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: logabe

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 reasons why hell is not eternal conscious torment
^ OP.

1 reason.

Their spirits never became eternally born of Gods Seed.

Glory to God,

Taken

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Has anyone seen God before? God is invisible and we can see him through his son. The
son came from the bosom of the Father. (John 1:18)

We have to recognize that Jesus was God's Word before the Spirit lowered him a little
lower than the angels and he became a man for the purpose of being a perfect sacrifice
for the whole creation. (Hebrews 2:9)

In other words, Jesus (the man) went back to the bosom of the Father when he ascended
back to the Father on the day of Pentecost. In essence, Jesus came from the heart of the
Father and he went back until the time of restitution.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

Why are you reviving this thread that finished in 2015?