12 reasons why hell is not eternal conscious torment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

newbirth

May 23, 2015
@ ATP I noticed you did not mention Spirit of Truth... is it because Jesus is the Truth and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth...which would make the Holy Spirit the Spirit of Jesus...
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:16-18King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
The Father's deity is in the Son, similar to how my dad's blood is in mine. Doesn't mean I'm my own Father.
perhaps you misunderstand scripture...Jesus says HE(the Father doeth the works) is your father dwelling in you doing the works???
John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
which would make the Holy Spirit the Spirit of Jesus...
Correct, Jesus had the Holy Spirit in Him but the Holy Spirit came from the Father. Jesus is not the Holy Spirit himself, no.

newbirth said:
perhaps you misunderstand scripture...Jesus says HE(the Father doeth the works) is your father dwelling in you doing the works???
John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
This refers to the deity newbirth.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
Correct, Jesus had the Holy Spirit in Him but the Holy Spirit came from the Father. Jesus is not the Holy Spirit himself, no.
So where did Jesus come from...
John 16:28
I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

This refers to the deity newbirth.
what refers to the deity??...just say what the word says....
do you not believe the Father is in Jesus and Jesus in the Father

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
So where did Jesus come from...
John 16:28
I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Correct, he came from, that doesn't mean He is.

newbirth said:
what refers to the deity??...just say what the word says....
do you not believe the Father is in Jesus and Jesus in the Father
When it says they are one, it is referring to deity newbirth.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
newbirth said:
then you do not believe ...

Hebrews 10:5
Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

who is in that body...??? or....

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

what one has to consider is ...are there three kingdoms??? are there two kingdoms ???or is there one kingdom???
1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

from these scriptures we know (1) it is a spiritual kingdom...(2) it is the kingdom of Christ and of God....so we can safely conclude it is one kingdom...

1 Corinthians 15:25-28King James Version (KJV)
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Why do you emphasizing the distinction when I agree with you. 'To us there is one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. I do believe Hebrews 10:5. the word begotten of the Father, became man. However, that doesn't mean He is didn't come from the Father.

Did God beget a Son from Himself?

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
Correct, he came from, that doesn't mean He is.

When it says they are one, it is referring to deity newbirth.
and how many deities are there....? you are in fact saying the Word was not God..since God is the Father....and the Word was made flesh...scripture says the Word was God...and the word was made flesh.....and there is one God the Father

newbirth

May 23, 2015
Butch5 said:
Why do you emphasizing the distinction when I agree with you. 'To us there is one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. I do believe Hebrews 10:5. the word begotten of the Father, became man. However, that doesn't mean He is didn't come from the Father.

Did God beget a Son from Himself?
God begat a son for his Spirit to dwell in...

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

1 Corinthians 2:7-9King James Version (KJV)
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Ephesians 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

if these are two separate entities,,,,,the Father of Glory can be the Father of the Lord of Glory.....but the Lord of Glory cannot be Lord of the Father of Glory
So the Son in relation to the Father are one as in the relation of arms are one with the body....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
and how many deities are there....? you are in fact saying the Word was not God..since God is the Father....and the Word was made flesh...scripture says the Word was God...and the word was made flesh.....and there is one God the Father
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are of one deity. One deity, three persons.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
newbirth said:
God begat a son for his Spirit to dwell in...

1 Corinthians 2:7-9King James Version (KJV)
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Ephesians 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

if these are two separate entities,,,,,the Father of Glory can be the Father of the Lord of Glory.....but the Lord of Glory cannot be Lord of the Father of Glory
So the Son in relation to the Father are one as in the relation of arms are one with the body....
That's not what the Scriptures teach. The Son was begotten before time. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: (Heb 10:5 KJV)

When He cometh into the world. That is the word, the Son, Jesus. He says a body "thou" hast prepared for men. We have two different entities here, the one coming into the world and the one who prepared a body for the one coming into the world. That is the Father and the Son, not the Father and a body for His Spirit.

From what you've said here I have to conclude that you are saying that the Holy Spirit took on flesh and dwelt among us. That's not what Scripture says, it says the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are of one deity. One deity, three persons.
who are the three persons??? what are their names and status?

what is the name of the one deity???

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
who are the three persons??? what are their names and status?

what is the name of the one deity???
The three persons are the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The Father is the creator, the Son is the intercessor and the HS is the comforter.
Deity is not a name, it's a characteristic.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
The three persons are the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
The Father is the creator, the Son is the intercessor and the HS is the comforter.
Deity is not a name, it's a characteristic.
never said deity was a name...I asked what is the name of the one deity? so he has no name...

so one characteristic ...three persons...so we still have three persons...so where is God??? or are you telling me God the Father is just a person in the trinity???

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
never said deity was a name...I asked what is the name of the one deity? so he has no name...
Correct, deity has no name. It is rather a characteristic.

newbirth said:
so one characteristic ...three persons...so we still have three persons...so where is God??? or are you telling me God the Father is just a person in the trinity???
Yes, God the Father is a person in the trinity.

newbirth

May 23, 2015
ATP said:
Correct, deity has no name. It is rather a characteristic.

Yes, God the Father is a person in the trinity.
scripture says there is one God ,the Father....and God is one...Scripture also describes God as ...One God Father of all who is above all...
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Galatians 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

can you show me in scripture where it says..."God the Father is a person in the trinity."

You say the deity has no name...in essence you are saying God has no name....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
newbirth said:
Of course the Father has a name. What you're not understanding is that the Father is not the Son. The trinity consists of three persons but with the same deity. Can you accept that there is three persons in the trinity?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newbirth said:
scripture says there is one God ,the Father....and God is one...Scripture also describes God as ...One God Father of all who is above all...
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Galatians 3:20
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

can you show me in scripture where it says..."God the Father is a person in the trinity."

Yes that is what the scripture says, but as you DON'T understand the connotation of one, when used in the Shema, then you falsely assert it contradicts the triune nature of God.
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus said:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I and the Father are one.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Jesus said:[/SIZE] If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
newbirth said:
The Father's name is Jesus. John 17:26 says,

26 and I have made Your name known to them, and will make
it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in
them, and I in them.”

What name did Jesus the person make known to the people? "Jesus the Father" gave "Jesus the
person" a name that was above every name, and whatsoever you do in word or deed do all in
the name of JESUS .

God enrobed Himself in flesh and dwelt among us. In other words, God is Spirit and that Spirit's
name was Jesus. That Spirit became a man and the Spirit gave the man, which is made up of
spirit, soul, and body, the name JESUS.

The devil knows his name and trembles.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe