2 Months and 1/2 Are Left Until the Two Witnesses of Revelation Appear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it all wrong. And when the two witnesses appear you will also not recognize them, because of your own confusion. The two witnesses are not going to emerge saying, "we are the two witnesses", they will just appear in two different cities and will begin their work, with great power.
Just speculating. They won't be inconspicuous though. They should be on the news. With all their supernatural miraculous powers, who wouldn't distinqhish them out of the bunch. That is their point, to get everyone's attention right and specifically preach Jesus to the Jews.

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am confident I am not incorrect, because the year 6,000 is in 2026, using the genealogies and timelines of the scriptures. Which implies the two witnesses must appear in a few more days from now.

Really, when I have previously shown in another thread that your calculations were hogwash to say the least. The end of this present age is in around 20-25 years from now. The two witnesses of Revelation 11 will appear in Jerusalem after Satan, the beasts and the judged kings of the earth are released from the Bottomless Pit 1,000 years after they are judged at the end of this present age or at the very beginning of the seventh age.

A thousand is a corruption of "those hands" where the maximum number that can be countered on "those hands" is actually greater than 1,000.

I am afraid that your confidence is misplaced.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Just speculating. They won't be inconspicuous though. They should be on the news. With all their supernatural miraculous powers, who wouldn't distinqhish them out of the bunch. That is their point, to get everyone's attention right and specifically preach Jesus to the Jews.

Indeed, but it will be their message and what they will do that will confuse many people. Because they dont understand the truth. They will teach people to get rid of money. They will teach obedience to the Torah. They will appear in two different cities. They will destroy the Dome of the Rock. And they will build the third temple. They will bring a global drought. And they will strike the world with plagues. All these factors will confuse many people.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, but it will be their message and what they will do that will confuse many people. Because they dont understand the truth. They will teach people to get rid of money. They will teach obedience to the Torah. They will appear in two different cities. They will destroy the Dome of the Rock. And they will build the third temple. They will bring a global drought. And they will strike the world with plagues. All these factors will confuse many people.
Of course the Jews are confused about Jesus. As prophets, they will speak the word of God, Old and New Testament and I can imagine new prophecy, specific things that will happen during these times. Who knows, maybe we will finally hear what those seven thunderous messages to Daniel were that were sealed up?
Lots of strife over there now, a good time for them to show up. I suspected a war would happen soon between ten Islamic nations attacking Israel, but then after the carnage and death, who would the two witnesses preach to? I do think something will happen soon.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews, in all their confidence regarding the scriptures-- the Law and the Prophets which they knew better than anyone, got it wrong.

They knew the scriptures but missed the Lord. How? They knew the appointed times. So many of them were anticipating the arrival of the messiah in those days, yet still-- they missed his coming. Why?

They thought they knew what to look for, but what they got wasn't what they expected-- so they rejected him, mocked him and ultimately murdered him. The point is that their confidence was misguided and their expectations were presumptuous. It's no different today. When Christ returns it will be as in times past-- a spiritual descending upon man. But people don't know what that will look like. They think they do-- but they don't. They think all sorts of things, as is evident in this thread... but Christians are no different than Jews in that they are as easily misguided as were the Jews. And they are equally confident in their beliefs. That's not to their credit.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Of course the Jews are confused about Jesus. As prophets, they will speak the word of God, Old and New Testament and I can imagine new prophecy, specific things that will happen during these times. Who knows, maybe we will finally hear what those seven thunderous messages to Daniel were that were sealed up?
Lots of strife over there now, a good time for them to show up. I suspected a war would happen soon between ten Islamic nations attacking Israel, but then after the carnage and death, who would the two witnesses preach to? I do think something will happen soon.

The ten horns are not Islamic nations, but 10 nations that descend from the Roman empire, which today is Europe.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
The Jews, in all their confidence regarding the scriptures-- the Law and the Prophets which they knew better than anyone, got it wrong.

They knew the scriptures but missed the Lord. How? They knew the appointed times. So many of them were anticipating the arrival of the messiah in those days, yet still-- they missed his coming. Why?

They thought they knew what to look for, but what they got wasn't what they expected-- so they rejected him, mocked him and ultimately murdered him. The point is that their confidence was misguided and their expectations were presumptuous. It's no different today. When Christ returns it will be as in times past-- a spiritual descending upon man. But people don't know what that will look like. They think they do-- but they don't. They think all sorts of things, as is evident in this thread... but Christians are no different than Jews in that they are as easily misguided as were the Jews. And they are equally confident in their beliefs. That's not to their credit.

The Jews fell short because they disbelieved in Yeshua, although they had the Torah. Whereas you people fall short people you discard the Torah, although you have belief in Yeshua. Obedience to the Torah and belief in Yeshua are both required.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten horns are not Islamic nations, but 10 nations that descend from the Roman empire, which today is Europe.
Oh yes ... the Revised Roman Empire theory. I don't agree with that. The Eastern Roman Empire contined to the 15th century. That was the 6th empire. The 7th was the Ottoman Empire.
"The Ottoman Empire officially ended in 1922 when the title of Ottoman Sultan was eliminated. Turkey was declared a republic on October 29, 1923."
So the death of the 7th horn apparently has come back to life and becomes the 8th.
Besides that, who has been foes of Israel since it became a nation? Islamic countries surround it. Iran wants it annihilated and likely has nukes already.
Where was the throne of Satan? PERGAMOS, an ancient town in present day Turkey.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, what will you do when they do appear? Continue rejecting the truth, and wishing for the death of the two witnesses, for telling you to obey the Torah of Moses and to get rid of money? They will be telling you the same things I am telling you. But because you people are so deceived their message and your money will be a stumbling block to you.
Well we are down to less than two months. According to your timetable. I know they won't show fore the bible shows many things that must take place first before they make the scene.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the death of the 7th horn apparently has come back to life and becomes the 8th.
It is the head that was wounded by the sword and did live....that becomes the 8th. Not a horn.

Revelation 13:3
I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:

Revelation 13:1
a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crown

The horns are not revived. One of the 7 head's that was wounded is revived.

Revelation 17:11
And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth

The beast was not, because the beast with 7 heads and crowns on its heads had the wound by the sword. When the beast with 7 heads is revived, the heads no longer wear 7 crowns, but the crowns will be on the 10 horns.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@gaviria.christian let's talk about a game plan for when nothing happens next week.

You can say-- "I made a slight miscalculation..... forgot to carry a one when adding up dates" --or something like that.

You could say-- "I need another 50 days for my anointing, like with Pentacost... please stand by."

You could say-- "I've decided to hold off on the global drought until a time of my choosing"

You could say-- "I have to wait for my partner- the other witness to show up, and I'm worried about him because he's late."

But you can't say nobody told you that you are deceived and delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: amigo de christo

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the duty of medical and psychiatric professionals when encountering a person with a delusional identity disorder to help them overcome the delusion—not to affirm and celebrate the delusion, to demand others do the same, or to encourage the patient to deepen their delusion. (Stephen Miller)

Should we as believers hold ourselves to a lower standard?

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like it is written in Scripture- it is 2 people.
Are 2 lampstands 2 people?

Revelation 11:4
the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth

Revelation 1:20
the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

How are they just 2 people if the lampstands represent 2 church types full of countless men? And the only 2 lampstands out of the 7 that were not at fault were Smyrna and Philadelphia.

If it were just 2 men, why were they called lampstands?

Gill says,
this shows that churches, as well as ministers, are designed by the witnesses, since the candlesticks are explained of the churches, Revelation 1:20, though the simile well agrees with ministers of the word, who are the lights of the world, or hold forth the light of the Gospel, which is put into them by Christ

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you can't say nobody told you that you are deceived and delusional.
I don't agree with him neither, but I must council you in James 3:

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. 10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. 11Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? 12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

No unsaved will look at you as one who is full of love whose light shines when we name call and disrespect others even when we disagree with them. Do all things in love and temperance.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with him neither, but I must council you in James 3:

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. 10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. 11Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? 12Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

No unsaved will look at you as one who is full of love whose light shines when we name call and disrespect others even when we disagree with them. Do all things in love and temperance.

You must council me? Did you read the whole letter, or just those three verses from James 3?

Read it to it's conclusion-- where it talks about the one who stores up treasures in silver and gold, but doesn't pay his contractors.

Come now, you rich! Weep and cry aloud over the miseries that are coming on you. Your riches have rotted and your clothing has become moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have rusted and their rust will be a witness against you. It will consume your flesh like fire. It is in the last days that you have hoarded treasure! Look, the pay you have held back from the workers who mowed your fields cries out against you, and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. You have lived indulgently and luxuriously on the earth. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person, although he does not resist you.

And here's the final word--

My brothers and sisters, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone turns him back, he should know that the one who turns a sinner back from his wandering path will save that person’s soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

While maybe your concern is for his feelings, mine is for his soul. I don't curse him. It's reporting on a description of the suspect-- that's what a witness does, right? They say what they see and hear. They shine a light on it and examine it-- without worrying what people will say or do, neither the pearl-clutching crowd nor any other. Do you think it's better to 'respect' his claims? It's the most disrespectful thing you could do.

In a week @gaviria.christian is going to be humiliated, disillusioned, depressed, deeply embarrassed and God-willing he will be humble enough to seek forgiveness from the Father. I'll come alongside him as one who told him the truth and tried to snap him out of the deception that has gripped him and imprisoned his mind for years. That delusion has guided his every action including some very destructive behavior that will only diminish the name and reputation of God- while those 'unsaved' people you are worried about look on and determine that Christians are nutty. It's disrespectful to think that he's too crazy to repent. That he's too far gone.

I think he's intelligent and blind. He may also be arrogant to the degree that instead of finding himself in humble repentance, he simply doubles down on his claims despite being completely wrong about those ideas he's come to believe. The longer he remains in the pit he's dug for himself, the worse off he will be. I'm offering him a rope to take with him. It's not mean. It's what he'll need most in a week.

Much more than platitudes.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are 2 lampstands 2 people?

Revelation 11:4
the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth

Revelation 1:20
the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

How are they just 2 people if the lampstands represent 2 church types full of countless men? And the only 2 lampstands out of the 7 that were not at fault were Smyrna and Philadelphia.

If it were just 2 men, why were they called lampstands?

Gill says,
this shows that churches, as well as ministers, are designed by the witnesses, since the candlesticks are explained of the churches, Revelation 1:20, though the simile well agrees with ministers of the word, who are the lights of the world, or hold forth the light of the Gospel, which is put into them by Christ

The lampstands are mentioned in Rev 11. They are described in Zech 4.

“These are the two anointed ones who stand by the Lord of the whole earth.”

Quite literally -- Two Christs. The very trees that provide the oil that fuels the flame that produce the light. No, not men. The men are but lampstands. What the light sits on.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the head that was wounded by the sword and did live....that becomes the 8th. Not a horn.

Revelation 13:3
I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:

Revelation 13:1
a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crown

The horns are not revived. One of the 7 head's that was wounded is revived.

Revelation 17:11
And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth

The beast was not, because the beast with 7 heads and crowns on its heads had the wound by the sword. When the beast with 7 heads is revived, the heads no longer wear 7 crowns, but the crowns will be on the 10 horns.

Rev. 17:3,7
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns...
7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
( mountains represent empires: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo- Persian, Greek, Roman, Ottoman and their kings)

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
(Ottoman -1299 - 1923)

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
__<<<_<<<__<<__<__<

Daniel 7

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly ... and it had ten horns.
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
20. And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 27 countries in the EU and they are not that united. The WEF touts 140 countries as participants of this New World Order and it has exercised it's power during the pandemic; but I think this world dominance will be a religious one, not economic. Money will be worthless during the GT - I doubt if gold or silver will be either. This will be about who's your God, who are you going to choose to worship?
You mentioned Rome being destroyed later on? Newsflash, every city will be destroyed.