2 Months and 1/2 Are Left Until the Two Witnesses of Revelation Appear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Because in your mind, a lampstand must always represent churches and not people. but if you look at the language in the original languages, you would have no problem recognizing these are just two individuals.

they are called lampstands because there are two men (plural) and not one.

I care not what gil says. He is just a man like the rest of us and subject to be wrong. Just because he lived a long time ago doesn't make his opinions SCripture.
That is fine if you don't care what Gill says. But the Bible says in Revelation 1:20 a lampstand represents a church. It never shows it represents 1 individual person. When language uses both such as:

These witnesses are the two olive trees and the two lampstands

Otherwise, you are favoring one over the clear biblical explanation of the other. Yet both parts, the two-olive trees and two lampstands are representative of not just 2 singular men but also of 2 church types.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is fine if you don't care what Gill says. But the Bible says in Revelation 1:20 a lampstand represents a church. It never shows it represents 1 individual person. When language uses both such as:

Otherwise, you are favoring one over the clear biblical explanation of the other. Yet both parts, the two-olive trees and two lampstands are representative of not just 2 singular men but also of 2 church types.
Yes they do represent churches in the seven letters.

but let us look at the passages describing these two witnesses.

Revelation 11
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. .

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Churches are never called prophets.

Two churches will be killed and lie in the streets of Jerusalem?

Are they denominations or individual churches???

All teh pronouns describing these two witnesses are third person personal plural pronouns. God knows the difference betwewen personal and impersonal--He created grammar!

Reactions: Nancy

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two churches will be killed and lie in the streets of Jerusalem?
If you cannot understand poetic language, you cannot understand this:
And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth

Or
their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city,--- where also our Lord was crucified.

Christ was not crucified in any street, or any other place within the walls of Jerusalem. Hebrews 13:12

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or
their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city,--- where also our Lord was crucified.

Christ was not crucified in any street, or any other place within the walls of Jerusalem. Hebrews 13:12
I was in Jerusalem and Golgotha is 50 yards from the temple mount near where fortress Antonious was. Grammar should tell you Jesus was crucified in that great city- Jerusalem.

Yes I understand poetic language, and how do you know if fire will not proceed out of their mouths? God has performed wonders that defy natural reasoning hundreds of times in the past.

Reactions: Nancy

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which 2 churches are the lucky churches?

If a church is two people, then it could be at least 4 people if you don't accept only 2 individual priesthoods.

But then there are 4, two olive trees and two candlesticks.

Is that 4 or 8. Do two olive trees also have to have are least two people each? Or is that only 6 people then?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or

Or the whole book is stating candlesticks represents NT redeemed, and olive trees represent OT redeemed?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or
their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city,--- where also our Lord was crucified
The TWO WITNESSES cannot be the Church, but are two men.

"Two witnesses - shall prophesy 42 months"
- The church was never confined to prophesying for any time period. Only certain gifted individuals within the church have been ordained to do this.

"Fire proceedeth out of their mouth"
- These men with supernatural powers pronounce immediate death to individuals. Their condemnation is explosive. Maybe the victims sponetaneously combust, not that the fire is literally coming out of their mouths. This would be likened to a two-edged sword that comes out of Jesus mouth ( the Word) with judgment.

"if any man will hurt them"
- One man cannot hurt the entire church!

"These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not" ... " turn waters to blood" ... "cause plagues"...
- Moses performed miracles such as this. The church has never been empowered to cause these supernatural events.

"Their dead bodies shall lie in the street of Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days"
- Two men only, not the entire church. DO you suppose 2.65 billion Christians will be killed by the Beast in Jerusalem? Don't think we'd fit nor will we be buying airline tickets to Jerusalem.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twas the night before Passover and all through the house...... My stockings were hung by the chimney with care, and my sackcloth laid out on the bed, for to wear....

Today is now my third day with the dry fast, without food and without water. And according to my calculations, tomorrow Wednesday night, on April 5, 2023, the two witnesses of Revelation will receive the anointing and will mark the beginning of the 1,260 days they will prophesy. Around 10:23 PM tomorrow night they will receive the anointing, which is around 6:23 AM in Jerusalem time, which is the time of sunrise. It will be the morning of Nisan 15, in the year 5,996 from creation. Keep an eye out for the news, for when they emerge, in two different cities in the world, dressed in sackcloth. The final 3 and 1/2 years before the return of Yeshua in the autumn of 2026 are about to begin tomorrow night. The two witnesses will strike the world with plagues, and will bring with them a global drought. They will serve as the last warning to the world. Once they appear, it will confirm that my calculations are correct and precise. And the world has much reason to fear.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the "according to my calculations" part that's going to prove to be a problem.

Here's a prediction.... Rain.

You see, this is the easiest of all such "2 Witness" claims to debunk because of it's precision. @gaviria.christian confidently 'prophesied' that there will be 3-1/2 years of drought as was the case in the days of Elijah.

Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As certainly as the LORD God of Israel lives (whom I serve), there will be no dew or rain in the years ahead unless I give the command.”

And so it was-- it didn't rain until sometime later in the third year of famine, when God told Elijah to go tell the king that he was going to send rain. Most everyone is familiar with the epic contest that followed, where Elijah mocked the prophets of Baal and their efforts to make it rain.

Out of all of the bounty of scripture-- this is the snippet on which @gaviria.christian has chosen to hang his hat--

And I will grant my two witnesses authority to prophesy for 1,260 days, dressed in sackcloth.” (These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.) If anyone wants to harm them, fire comes out of their mouths and completely consumes their enemies. If anyone wants to harm them, they must be killed this way. These two have the power to close up the sky so that it does not rain during the time they are prophesying. They have power to turn the waters to blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague whenever they want.

The rain stops, the famine comes, the pressure builds, water turns to blood, they call down plagues upon the earth and shoot fire from their mouths to destroy their enemies....

The fire-breathing prophets of doom. -sounds like a Marvel comic movie. But this is exactly what some people believe....

1680618773422.png

Last edited:

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
It's the "according to my calculations" part that's going to prove to be a problem.

Here's a prediction.... Rain.

You see, this is the easiest of all such "2 Witness" claims to debunk because of it's precision. @gaviria.christian confidently 'prophesied' that there will be 3-1/2 years of drought as was the case in the days of Elijah.

Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As certainly as the LORD God of Israel lives (whom I serve), there will be no dew or rain in the years ahead unless I give the command.”

And so it was-- it didn't rain until sometime later in the third year of famine, when God told Elijah to go tell the king that he was going to send rain. Most everyone is familiar with the epic contest that followed, where Elijah mocked the prophets of Baal and their efforts to make it rain.

Out of all of the bounty of scripture-- this is the snippet on which @gaviria.christian has chosen to hang his hat--

And I will grant my two witnesses authority to prophesy for 1,260 days, dressed in sackcloth.” (These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.) If anyone wants to harm them, fire comes out of their mouths and completely consumes their enemies. If anyone wants to harm them, they must be killed this way. These two have the power to close up the sky so that it does not rain during the time they are prophesying. They have power to turn the waters to blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague whenever they want.

The rain stops, the famine comes, the pressure builds, water turns to blood, they call down plagues upon the earth and shoot fire from their mouths to destroy their enemies....

The fire-breathing prophets of doom. -sounds like a Marvel comic movie. But this is exactly what some people believe....

View attachment 31065

You disbelieve that the two witnesses will be two literal prophets that will bring literal plagues against the world. If indeed the prophet Moses brought plagues against Egypt, and God has brought destruction upon cities and the entire earth in the past, is it so hard to believe that two literal prophets will appear bringing plagues against the world, exactly as the book of Revelation says? And not to mention the destruction Yeshua will bring at his second coming, with signs of power. It is not me you disbelieve, but the scriptures.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disbelieve that the two witnesses will be two literal prophets that will bring literal plagues against the world. If indeed the prophet Moses brought plagues against Egypt, and God has brought destruction upon cities and the entire earth in the past, is it so hard to believe that two literal prophets will appear bringing plagues against the world, exactly as the book of Revelation says? And not to mention the destruction Yeshua will bring at his second coming, with signs of power. It is not me you disbelieve, but the scriptures.

Sorry, no. It's ONLY you I disbelieve. The scriptures don't need any changes. You simply don't understand them.

You are under a strong delusion. When you reconcile your expectations with the coming reality check, I'll still be here to discuss with you.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Sorry, no. It's ONLY you I disbelieve. The scriptures don't need any changes. You simply don't understand them.

You are under a strong delusion. When you reconcile your expectations with the coming reality check, I'll still be here to discuss with you.

You don't believe the two witnesses are two literal prophets, so its the scriptures you disbelieve. I am merely just repeating what the scriptures says. I am a nobody really.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe the two witnesses are two literal prophets, so its the scriptures you disbelieve. I am merely just repeating what the scriptures says. I am a nobody really.

It's only a day or so we have to wait to see who speaks truth, right?

I do believe in two literal prophets. And. You. Are. Not. It.

Brothers born of mother not
Meet again when both are sought
As both are led and both are taught
Unto this place they both are brought

When days of darkness are at hand
When year of light comes year of man
When two will fall though few will sadden
Upon the rolling plains abaddon

Within this place of desolation
Borders binding one small nation
Two score men of lowly station
Face these two in desperation

Brothers meet tis time to rest
Elder right and younger left
As set in motion from a fright
Younger crosses front to right

As on cue with metal weakened
Though no trump, no call, no beacon
Scene unfolds as from the start
Those thus gathered play their part

Thunder rolls, bone flesh are rent
Broken bodies twist and bent
To this place the both were sent
To this end the same were meant

Pierced by darts of number most
All is silent, guards they post
Till this place they both stood tall
Upon this plain two thunders fall

Yet a time their bodies lay
Through dark of eve, through dark of day
Until this scene of stillness breaks
In shadow one an entrance makes

As before from left to right
Stopping briefly bending slight
Right hand on the shoulder left
Once still now and sound of breath

Last the younger gift of hand
Once again these two do stand
Upon this earth on feet of man

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
It's only a day or so we have to wait to see who speaks truth, right?

I do believe in two literal prophets. And. You. Are. Not. It.

Brothers born of mother not
Meet again when both are sought
As both are led and both are taught
Unto this place they both are brought

When days of darkness are at hand
When year of light comes year of man
When two will fall though few will sadden
Upon the rolling plains abaddon

Within this place of desolation
Borders binding one small nation
Two score men of lowly station
Face these two in desperation

Brothers meet tis time to rest
Elder right and younger left
As set in motion from a fright
Younger crosses front to right

As on cue with metal weakened
Though no trump, no call, no beacon
Scene unfolds as from the start
Those thus gathered play their part

Thunder rolls, bone flesh are rent
Broken bodies twist and bent
To this place the both were sent
To this end the same were meant

Pierced by darts of number most
All is silent, guards they post
Till this place they both stood tall
Upon this plain two thunders fall

Yet a time their bodies lay
Through dark of eve, through dark of day
Until this scene of stillness breaks
In shadow one an entrance makes

As before from left to right
Stopping briefly bending slight
Right hand on the shoulder left
Once still now and sound of breath

Last the younger gift of hand
Once again these two do stand
Upon this earth on feet of man

Nobody knows who the two witnesses will be, and I certainly never claimed to be one of them. If I am chosen to be one of them, great, and if I am not, also great, because I have sufficient knowledge to recognize them and I am also prepared beforehand for their appearance. But for believers like you who refuse to obey the commands of God in the Torah and also refuse to get rid of their money, you are all on a path of severe suffering and ultimately utter destruction.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody knows who the two witnesses will be, and I certainly never claimed to be one of them. If I am chosen to be one of them, great, and if I am not, also great, because I have sufficient knowledge to recognize them and I am also prepared beforehand for their appearance. But for believers like you who refuse to obey the commands of God in the Torah and also refuse to get rid of their money, you are all on a path of severe suffering and ultimately utter destruction.

Baloney. Everything you have done is for the purpose of presenting yourself as one of these two.... up to and including buying yourself a set of sackcloth clothes to wear. Stop equivocating. I know you are nervous, but you have said what you have said.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Baloney. Everything you have done is for the purpose of presenting yourself as one of these two.... up to and including buying yourself a set of sackcloth clothes to wear. Stop equivocating. I know you are nervous, but you have said what you have said.

For your sake let us hope God does not choose me, because I will scourge anyone that speaks a word against me, like the prophet Elisha.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E