2 Peter 3:10 The Big Whoosh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mountain does not obliterate the world. It removes Adam's dead corruptible flesh from having rule over the earth.
Of course the mountain doesn't obliterate anything...the STONE does. It destroys all existing kingdoms and itself grows into a great mountain and fills the whole earth.
Besides the kingdom is found all over the world. The church has already spread over the whole world. The church is the mountain that fills the earth. Not a kingdom of control. A point where the church is every where and governments are obsolete.
"A Stone cut from no man's hands..." is Jesus, Who comes and sets up His kingdom after He destroys the others - if you were right, the prophecy would fail because these other kingdoms are still around.

According to Scripture, "...that ROCK was Christ" and also "...and whosoever shall fall upon this Stone shall be broken, but to whom the Stone shall fall upon, it will grind him to powder" and also "...He only is my Rock".
"And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

A kingdom that stands forever does not sound like the earth exploding and empty.

The last kingdom of the ten toes ended with the Reformation. The church again spread out to all the earth.
The prophecy is a broad overview of what's to come, with added details in subsequent prophecies which build one upon the other, just as a teacher's curriculum builds upon what the student has already learned.

So, the Stone which comes and destroys the kingdoms does not necessarily have to set up His kingdom immediately, which we see is the case - because when taken together, all the prophecies point to a 1,000 year millennium between both resurrections. Of course, after the fire falls down from God out of heaven and sets the entire world ablaze in one giant cleansing fire, at that time Jesus makes the new heaven and earth.

Reactions: rwb

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps for you?
Take a look in the dictionary to see how many meanings of the word "run" there are. How many meanings of the word "spring" are there? There are thousands of other words just like those, all having more than one meaning. Our goal, as students of the Bible (and any other kind of writing) is to sort out which meaning the author intends. Only when the word is used in a sentence does a word have meaning, and only when the sentence is used in a paragraph does a sentence have meaning.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the mountain doesn't obliterate anything...the STONE does. It destroys all existing kingdoms and itself grows into a great mountain and fills the whole earth.

"A Stone cut from no man's hands..." is Jesus, Who comes and sets up His kingdom after He destroys the others - if you were right, the prophecy would fail because these other kingdoms are still around.

According to Scripture, "...that ROCK was Christ" and also "...and whosoever shall fall upon this Stone shall be broken, but to whom the Stone shall fall upon, it will grind him to powder" and also "...He only is my Rock".

The prophecy is a broad overview of what's to come, with added details in subsequent prophecies which build one upon the other, just as a teacher's curriculum builds upon what the student has already learned.

So, the Stone which comes and destroys the kingdoms does not necessarily have to set up His kingdom immediately, which we see is the case - because when taken together, all the prophecies point to a 1,000 year millennium between both resurrections. Of course, after the fire falls down from God out of heaven and sets the entire world ablaze in one giant cleansing fire, at that time Jesus makes the new heaven and earth.
Yes, but then you deny that it is the church which is the kingdom. I never said the church was the stone. Now you are claiming the church is not even the body of Christ.

What is this kingdom then that fills the earth?

You have the earth empty and desolate. That is not even mentioned in Daniel 2.

That is your erroneous addition to the Word of God.

You are a pre-mill who leaves the earth desolate and empty for 1,000 years. That is not found any where in Scripture. The only time the earth is desolate, is during the 42 months of Satan's AoD. Billions of humans have been harvested from the earth, and not many left. It would look like a bombed out crater, when Satan is finished those last few months. But Jesus makes all things new, per Isaiah 65 during the Millennium Kingdom.

The works of earth are all destroyed by fire at the 6th Seal, when God re-arranges the continents back into 1 single continent.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a look in the dictionary to see how many meanings of the word "run" there are. How many meanings of the word "spring" are there? There are thousands of other words just like those, all having more than one meaning. Our goal, as students of the Bible (and any other kind of writing) is to sort out which meaning the author intends. Only when the word is used in a sentence does a word have meaning, and only when the sentence is used in a paragraph does a sentence have meaning.
Your Goal

It's "My Opinion" that it's your goal to further your Zionist teachings at any cost, in complete disregard of scriptural truth presented, I have been watching your postings for months and my vote is in

Jesus Is The Lord

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Goal

It's "My Opinion" that it's your goal to further your Zionist teachings at any cost, in complete disregard of scriptural truth presented, I have been watching your postings for months and my vote is in

Jesus Is The Lord
I know. I understand. Some Christians learn from Bible teachers, other Christians are Bible students in one's own right. I take it you are the first kind? Nothing wrong with that, of course. But I was talking to a Bible student when I was giving advice about reading techniques. You can ignore all that if you want.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know. I understand. Some Christians learn from Bible teachers, other Christians are Bible students in one's own right. I take it you are the first kind? Nothing wrong with that, of course. But I was talking to a Bible student when I was giving advice about reading techniques. You can ignore all that if you want.
Your complete platform on exchange is Zionist in its very foundations, this isn't one isolated incident as you claim

You have a hard time accepting scriptural truth in the fact God has no future promises on this earth with a "National Israel"

There are two groups within this world, and God has no respect of persons in relationship to race, gender, or national origin

1.) Unsaved Wicked World/Lake Of Fire
2.) Saved Righteous Church/Eternal NHNE

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your complete platform on exchange is Zionist in its very foundations, this isn't one isolated incident as you claim

You have a hard time accepting scriptural truth in the fact God has no future promises on this earth with a "National Israel"

There are two groups within this world, and God has no respect of persons in relationship to race, gender, or national origin

1.) Unsaved Wicked/Lake Of Fire
2.) Saved Righteous/Eternal NHNE

Jesus Is The Lord
I don't believe in dualism. There are two kinds of people in this world: (1) people who don't believe that there are two kinds of people in this world, and (2) people who believe there are two kinds of people in this world. :)

• Haha
Reactions: ewq1938 and Keraz

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's be clear about what aspect of Peter's words are "clear-cut" or "straightforward." We both agree that Peter made a direct correlation between Pentecost and Joel. We disagree on the issue of "correlation". What is not clear-cut or straightforward is Peter's intended correlation. Does he mean to make a literal comparison between the two or a descriptive comparison? The phrase "this is that" ambiguous.
LOL. I just can't take you seriously. No, the phrase "this is that" is not ambiguous. You are a false teacher who twists scripture to make it say whatever you want it to say. That's the bottom line.

Reactions: Truth7t7 and WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that what Peter said in Acts 2:15-18, was NOT a fulfilment of Joel 2:28-29. It was an isolated instance of God's holy Spirit blessing a specific group. Something that has happened again in the great revivals and to individuals.

Proved by the next verses in both scriptures: Joel 2:30-13 and Acts 2:19-20, which describe dramatic cosmic events, that have NOT happened yet.
You are wrong and your unpleasant way of accusing people is an indictment against you.
Forgot to respond to this separately. I didn't say it was the complete fulfillment, I've said all along that it has an ongoing fulfillment that started on the day of Pentecost. It continues to be fulfilled as people continue to call on the name and become saved. And it will continue up until the day Christ returns.

I don't believe you.
To you, this is not that even though Peter said "this is that". It's quite obvious that you twist straightforward scripture to fit your beliefs.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgot to respond to this separately. I didn't say it was the complete fulfillment, I've said all along that it has an ongoing fulfillment that started on the day of Pentecost. It continues to be fulfilled as people continue to call on the name and become saved. And it will continue up until the day Christ returns.

To you, this is not that even though Peter said "this is that". It's quite obvious that you twist straightforward scripture to fit your beliefs.
It's typical for one person to believe that his interpretation is "scripture."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you accept Joel as an ongoing phenomenon, why not accept a physical resurrection directly into Paradise as an ongoing phenomenon? Jesus made that claim and He is God. Yet a human speaking for God can be ongoing, but not God speaking as Jesus Christ?

Starting with Lazarus, Jesus began calling humans physically out of their graves. That is an ongoing process. That will continue up until the day Christ returns. The only one's left will be those in Adam's dead corruptible flesh. They will still be called out of that flesh into God's permanent incorruptible physical body. The last one's called out of the grave will be those beheaded in the 42 months leading up to Armageddon, after Armageddon, and Satan bound into the pit.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you accept Joel as an ongoing phenomenon, why not accept a physical resurrection directly into Paradise as an ongoing phenomenon? Jesus made that claim and He is God. Yet a human speaking for God can be ongoing, but not God speaking as Jesus Christ?

Starting with Lazarus, Jesus began calling humans physically out of their graves. That is an ongoing process. That will continue up until the day Christ returns. The only one's left will be those in Adam's dead corruptible flesh. They will still be called out of that flesh into God's permanent incorruptible physical body. The last one's called out of the grave will be those beheaded in the 42 months leading up to Armageddon, after Armageddon, and Satan bound into the pit.

Jesus by His Gospel calls all humanity to come out of darkness and death into His light and eternal spiritual life. Paul, speaking to the physically living says apart from Christ we are dead in trespasses and sins? In what way are the physically living DEAD, and yet able to be quickened (made alive) together with Christ? (Eph 2)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus by His Gospel calls all humanity to come out of darkness and death into His light and eternal spiritual life. Paul, speaking to the physically living says apart from Christ we are dead in trespasses and sins? In what way are the physically living DEAD, and yet able to be quickened (made alive) together with Christ? (Eph 2)
This body is temporal and corruptible.
The body from God is permanent and incorruptible.

Adam's dead flesh is physical in a constant state of death.

God's created sons of God's living flesh is in a constant state of life.

Physical death is related to time on earth. Before the Flood it was 1,000 years. Because Methuselah lived 969 years, and did not hit the limit. Just before the Flood, God changed it to 120. A few like Shem and Abraham were granted longer life. Moses had to leave at 120 because he disobeyed God as the leader of Israel, and was punished. Later it was changed to 70 or 80. Who really knows what it is now?

But physical death as we know it is just a time limit. Physical death is the natural state of man from birth to their exit time.

Adam was a son of God with a permanent incorruptible physical body. That body was taken away and he was given a temporal corruptible body. Adam physically died, not just spiritually died. Now for Adam's redeemed offspring death is called life, because we no longer taste death. We leave death behind, and enter our permanent incorruptible physical bodies for eternity.