2 Peter 3:10 The Big Whoosh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? You honestly can't see how contradictory your comment is? Really?

There's nothing "peaceful" about "smite" and "rule them with a rod of iron" and "treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God".

Hello!
It doesn't merely say "rule"!
If it did, you'd have a point!
It says, "rule with a rod of iron" which is a qualifier denoting violence!

And Daniel's prophecy should be enough to show us that when the Stone comes, it immediately smites every other kingdom into oblivion!
We don't agree on much, but we agree that "Rod Of Iron" is a tool of destruction and not a Kings scepter as many falsely teach

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Rod of Iron, smiting the nations in the wrath of the Lord; is the Sixth Seal worldwide punishment.
Proved by the many other Prophesies that describe the terrible Day the Lord will send His fiery wrath.

THEN; after all the wrath of God is over, Revelation 15:1, Matthew 24:29, Jesus will Return and will rule the world in peace and prosperity.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will NEVER be found ON this earth because this earth is not eternal, and His Kingdom is.

It's here on the Earth right now, and has been since the first century and will be here forever.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't agree on much, but we agree that "Rod Of Iron" is a tool of destruction and not a Kings scepter as many falsely teach

They teach the truth.

Ruling with a rod of iron is also about caring for the people:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev_2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

RULE

G4165
poimaino
poy-mah'ee-no
From G4166; to tend as a shepherd (or figuratively superviser): - feed (cattle), rule.
Total KJV occurrences: 11

G4165
poimaino
Thayer Definition:
1) to feed, to tend a flock, keep sheep
1a) to rule, govern
1a1) of rulers
1a2) to furnish pasture for food
1a3) to nourish
1a4) to cherish one’s body, to serve the body
1a5) to supply the requisites for the soul’s need
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G4166
Citing in TDNT: 6:485, 901

There is nothing violent about poimaino.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's here on the Earth right now, and has been since the first century and will be here forever.

How can you prove it is ON the earth when it cannot be seen, and it is inside you? If ON the earth as you assume, why isn't it visible?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any day you and I can agree on something is a good day, bro.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Commentary from Barnes:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron - There is an allusion here to Psalm 2:9; "Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." There is a slight change in the passage, "he shall rule," instead of "thou shalt break," in order to adapt the language to the purpose of the speaker here. The allusion in the Psalm is to the Messiah as reigning triumphant over the nations, or subduing them under him; and the idea here, as in the previous verse, is, that his redeemed people will be associated with him in this dominion. To rule with a scepter of iron, is not to rule with a harsh and tyrannical sway, but with power that is firm and invincible. It denotes a government of strength, or one that cannot be successfully opposed; one in which the subjects are effectually subdued.

This is about Christ's coming Rule in his future Kingdom, and not just about the destruction of his enemies. It is a forced submission of the world to his rule.

Rev 11.15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Rev 12.5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They teach the truth.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev_2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

RULE

G4165
poimaino
poy-mah'ee-no
From G4166; to tend as a shepherd (or figuratively superviser): - feed (cattle), rule.

G4165
poimaino
Thayer Definition:
1a) to rule, govern
1a1) of rulers
1a3) to nourish

What, you don't agree with my point in post #457?

Please tell me what other way Daniel 2 can be interpreted except that it points to the Stone Jesus returning to Earth at His Second Coming and destroying all earthly kingdoms and eventually establishing His everlasting kingdom, just as the stone strikes the image at its feet and turns the entire thing into powder.

Peter says when Jesus "comes as a thief" the entire planet and the kingdoms therein are going to implode and won't sustain life for 7 more seconds, let alone 7 more years.

Revelation 19:15 KJV says Jesus will come with a "sword" going out of His mouth and 2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJV says Jesus will come and "consume with the Spirit of His mouth" the wicked...and Revelation 19:15 KJV also says He will come and "smite" the nations and rule over them "with a rod of iron" in "fierce wrath", while Psalms 2:8 KJV says the Father is going to finally hand the Earth over to Jesus as His inheritance, after which He will "break them (the nations) with a rod of iron" and shall "dash them to pieces like a potter's vessel".

The harmony of Scripture is absolutely undeniable and easily seen as such by anyone who hasn't been seduced by Jesuit Futurism.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? You honestly can't see how contradictory your comment is? Really?

There's nothing "peaceful" about "smite" and "rule them with a rod of iron" and "treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God".

Hello!
It doesn't merely say "rule"!
If it did, you'd have a point!
It says, "rule with a rod of iron" which is a qualifier denoting violence!

Actually the word RULE determines how the rod is used, and that is peacefully. The rod can be used in violence, but not in the capacity of ruling.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 19:15 KJV says Jesus will come with a "sword" going out of His mouth and 2 Thessalonians 2:8 KJV says Jesus will come and "consume with the Spirit of His mouth" the wicked...and Revelation 19:15 KJV also says He will come and "smite" the nations and rule over them "with a rod of iron" in "fierce wrath"

You need to learn how to look up verb tenses. The smiting is present tense in Rev 19, but the ruling is future tense meaning the ruling does not happen until after the violence of Rev 19. You make the same exact mistakes Amill makes on this.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They teach the truth.

RULE

G4165
poimaino
poy-mah'ee-no

G4165
poimaino
Thayer Definition:
1a) to rule, govern
1a1) of rulers
1a3) to nourish

Jesus ruling with a "Rod Of Iron" is his "Destruction" at his return, smiting the nations with wrath

It appears your living in "Denial" of the simple scriptural truth below

Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Commentary from Barnes:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron - There is an allusion here to Psalm 2:9; "Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." There is a slight change in the passage, "he shall rule," instead of "thou shalt break," in order to adapt the language to the purpose of the speaker here. The allusion in the Psalm is to the Messiah as reigning triumphant over the nations, or subduing them under him; and the idea here, as in the previous verse, is, that his redeemed people will be associated with him in this dominion. To rule with a scepter of iron, is not to rule with a harsh and tyrannical sway, but with power that is firm and invincible. It denotes a government of strength, or one that cannot be successfully opposed; one in which the subjects are effectually subdued.

This is about Christ's coming Rule in his future Kingdom, and not just about the destruction of his enemies. It is a forced submission of the world to his rule.

Rev 11.15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Rev 12.5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.
Rod of Iron is a tool of destruction, as a Potter destroys his clay vessel's

It appears you went Bible version shopping in finding "Iron Sceptre" perhaps the "Children's Bible" without citation, smiles!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rod of Iron is a tool of destruction, as a Potter destroys his clay vessel's

It appears you went Bible version shopping in finding "Iron Sceptre" perhaps the "Children's Bible" without citation, smiles!
The only "child" around here is you.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 19:15KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

You will never understand this until you learn what RULE means in the Greek not to mention what a verb tense is.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only "child" around here is you.
Thanks for the biblical compliment :)

Matthew 18:2-3KJV
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
I was referring to your insult that I make reference to non-scholarly "Children's Bibles." I found that to be immature of you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was referring to your insult that I make reference to non-scholarly "Children's Bibles." I found that to be immature of you.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Cady, Zoe and all. Please see my attached file on the Day of the Lord. Several years ago I gathered all Bible references, each in their context and laid them side by side in order to get a clearer picture of what it was.

The attached PDF needs to be printed out because it is in columns - John, Jesus, Isaiah, Joel, Zephaniah, Peter, Paul. (Please note in Jesus' case he did not explicitly use the term 'Day of the Lord', but Matt. 24:29 is a direct quote from Isaiah 13:10 implying the same event.)

Enjoy

I just came across this and printed it out. Do you believe the Day of the Lord the prophets foretell begins to be fulfilled with the advent of Christ, and with power at Pentecost? And that their prophesy not only tells of what will come when the Day of the Lord comes to an end, but also of how the Kingdom of God will be built during this Messianic age as people throughout the world come into His Kingdom? My point being, the prophets Day of the Lord would end in one day, the last Day of the Lord that shall come, but the Day of the Lord, according to what the prophets foretell is also an age; i.e this age, since the first advent?

I believe that if it can be shown that the Day of the Lord the prophets foretell would come is the whole Messianic Gospel age/era/time/day it would clear up some confusion regarding one thousand years that some believe will follow the Day of the Lord that will come when Christ returns. To understand the Kingdom Christ comes with will be spiritual and not physical it will be necessary to spiritually discern some of what the prophets foretell.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There will be a Day when the Lord sends His fiery wrath and a few years later; a Day of the glorious Return of Jesus to reign for the next thousand years.
THEN the Spiritual Eternity begins, for those whose names are found in the Book of Life.,

Simple, Biblical and logical. It is how the end times will unfold.