2 Things to : "study to show yourself approved"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The door to your understanding. Wherever there is self honesty you will find that how you understand today will not be the same in a few years. Liken our journey to a learning process. God is very long-suffering with our short and limited view, however, he will advance understanding to the self honest.
Anything less than self honesty will trap you in your own error.
My understanding has changed many times under the Lord's teaching, but He doesn't make mistakes. He inspired the written word and only He is qualified to teach it's true meaning or apply it properly.
If He's teaching you in His word, you should be grateful and just trust Him. If He isn't speaking to you through His word, just try asking Him to do so in faith. You'll never go wrong trusting the Lord, but even the best of scholars make mistakes, some more than others. If you give ear to error and simply accept it as true, it isn't possible for your understanding to grow beyond that error. If you vacillate between opinons, you'll never pray with power in anything that follows from those opinions.

The Bereans are noted in scripture for going to the scriptures to verify that what they were taught was true and supported by the word of God. If you're desiring to distinguish between opinions, go to the source and pray that the Lord show you His meaning for a text. If you need to know and have believed Him, then He will teach you. The Lord is true to His word.

26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:26-28

Truth isn't arrived at by opinion, or consensus, but is established by God. John wrote this passage because people will try to deceive you for their own gain, and to enslave you for the same, but ultimately to lead you away from the truth. Our only protection from this is to continue to abide in His grace, trust in the relationship that He has established with us, and partake of fellowship with Him in His word. It's frequently convicting, but it's meant to be, you just acknowledge your sin and move on. That is the primary means of our on going sanctification.

16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. John17:16-18