2 Things to : "study to show yourself approved"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wrote..>"I wonder why the identification with the older brother, eclipses that of the father.

So, what you wrote makes no sense.
See, you didn't state who is doing the identification.

And now you posted the Prodigal Son parable, and it does not connect with your statement.

So, are you the one who identifies with the older brother?
Is it your sister that identifies with the older brother?
Is it your mother?

quietthinker........You have to be CLEAR, and not just vague, obtuse, and diffident.
Please start.
Dear Behold, with respect, you are too quick to draw negative conclusions. I also don't want to do any spoon feeding to those who feel they know.
I am clear, you are just not joining the dots well.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are a hyper-calvinist.
I can hear it in your theology.
This is why you blame God for what the Devil causes, and can't hear the NT.
This is why you believe you must work your way to heaven, and have no faith that Jesus saves and keeps you saved.
That is how broken faith, functions.
I love that cartoon, especially the pet tiger.
I'm a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, who's recieved multiple gifts of the Spirit, used them in ministry for over 20 years, and called to be a prophet to the church and the nation. You're just a petulant child.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am clear, you are just not joining the dots well.[/QUOTE]

You stated some obtuse sentence about the elder brother.
No verse, no explanation, nothing.
Later, you posted the verse, and made an attempt to resolve your confusion.
Now you pretend you were clear the whole time.
Listen.....Spoon feed yourself. and...Connects your own dots.
Start anytime you like.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love that cartoon, especially the pet tiger.
I'm a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, who's recieved multiple gifts of the Spirit, used them in ministry for over 20 years, and called to be a prophet to the church and the nation. You're just a petulant child.
lol...wow, that's pretty prideful.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
, and called to be a prophet to the church and the nation.

Uh huh.
A prophet that does not understand the blood atonement, and is a hyper calvinist?
Really?

Ok, mr prophet....
explain this..
Explain why..>>"the blood of Jesus that saves you, always keeps you saved, no matter what you do".

Take your time, mr prophet.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. I've scrubbed two posts (#85 and #87) here for two reasons; what I have stated has been attributed to someone else and what another person has stated has been attributed to me.
I will give the CB the benefit of the doubt ie, it's a computing program error rather than a deliberate attempt to mess with the conversation.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
..in any case, I wonder why Jesus made a statement like that?

Thank you for the question....

There are a few explanations...

Let me give you one...

"Light become lightning".
This means that if God calls you, and you know it......and you start the race and you are in the ministry, and then you become a Demas.. = You Quit..
Well, God didnt call you to quit.......and so, the Light He has given you, will become lightning against you.

This is Jonah in the Whale.....

What does that mean? It means that its better not to take God's name at all, then to take Gods "name in vain".

Or as Paul says.... """""For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, WOE IS ME , if I preach not the gospel..!!
And in another place he refers to this as becoming a "Castaway".

see that?
That is Light becoming Lightning.

What is this LIGHT?
That is God giving you more so that you can do more for Him.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't typically experience this bodily, but our spirits are ushered into God's presence when He indwells us. We meet Him in prayer and we have this exhortation:
Verse 6 begins by stating Gid raises us up with Christ!
That is spiritually as if we were transported back in time when CHRIST WAS RAISED.
So spiritually we are resurrected..physically not yet though.
Gid is operating outside of our time domain so in the heavenly places these things have already happened. "Seated in the heavenly places"? My Pastor used to say, "We are in the already but not yet existence. Spiritually but not yet physically. So we are citizens kf heaven. We are aliens, the world is not our home. We focus on things above nit are not yet fully redeemed.
SEATED IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS – Ephesians 2:6

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol...wow, that's pretty prideful.
If you say so, then it must be true. But my boasting is all in the Lord. I didn't save myself or choose God, He chose me. I didn't learn the truth by reading commentaries or going to a Seminary, but the Lord teaches me all things (that I'm confident in. My own understanding can always be mistaken. ) I have no great talents or skills, but He has given me gifts to use both in my vocation and ministry. I didn't choose my calling, but the Lord gave me understanding, discernment of spirits, the prophetic word, and a willing pen (or word processor). I didn't choose the messages to write or who to write them to, but recieved the unction of the Holy Spirit to will and to do. Yes, I take great pride in knowing the Lord. Don't you?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh.
A prophet that does not understand the blood atonement, and is a hyper calvinist?
Really?

Ok, mr prophet....
explain this..
Explain why..>>"the blood of Jesus that saves you, always keeps you saved, no matter what you do".

I understand the blood atonement perfectly and I also understand the election of God, which you clearly reject.
What's your hangup on children's comics?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 6 begins by stating Gid raises us up with Christ!
That is spiritually as if we were transported back in time when CHRIST WAS RAISED.
So spiritually we are resurrected..physically not yet though.
Gid is operating outside of our time domain so in the heavenly places these things have already happened. "Seated in the heavenly places"? My Pastor used to say, "We are in the already but not yet existence. Spiritually but not yet physically. So we are citizens kf heaven. We are aliens, the world is not our home. We focus on things above nit are not yet fully redeemed.
SEATED IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS – Ephesians 2:6
Yeah, brother, you get it but the guy who uses an image of God for his profile picture breaks at least one commandment with every post. I kind of find that funny, but Jesus has a sense of humor too.
I believe that whoever professes that Christ is Lord should be accepted as being of God, but we all start out with carnal minds reasoning in carnal ways and I've learned not to expect much of those new to the faith except a zeal without any great understanding. It's an unfortunate combination, especially in a generation that doesn't defer to elders, but has been taught to challenge them and everything else.
At least we don't have to drag such out before the city gates and have them stoned to death. Don't you love being born to an age of God's grace. It's awesome.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you say so, then it must be true. But my boasting is all in the Lord. I didn't save myself or choose God, He chose me. I didn't learn the truth by reading commentaries or going to a Seminary, but the Lord teaches me all things (that I'm confident in. My own understanding can always be mistaken. ) I have no great talents or skills, but He has given me gifts to use both in my vocation and ministry. I didn't choose my calling, but the Lord gave me understanding, discernment of spirits, the prophetic word, and a willing pen (or word processor). I didn't choose the messages to write or who to write them to, but recieved the unction of the Holy Spirit to will and to do. Yes, I take great pride in knowing the Lord. Don't you?
keep the door open without allowing dogmatism and self evaluation to justify any view.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keep the door open without allowing dogmatism and self evaluation to justify any view.
Door open to what? The church is tasked with church discipline. God deals with those outside. This forum really isn't a church or even a fellowship for that matter, but if you want an open door to false doctrines, poor teaching, carnal reasoning, etc., you best be prepared for warfare.
The Lord has a zeal for His word, so much so that He doesn't break it. I have a zeal for His word too (at least we have one thing in common if nothing else). Unfortunately, I wasn't born with a sinless nature and wasn't even able to recognize sin in myself until well into my twenties (but I was pretty proficient at it.)
I don't even know what you mean by self evaluation to justify any view. I don't justify myself in any way, but teach the word of God as He has taught me. When I was young I did lean on my own understanding, but now I try to make it clear when I'm not confident in an idea. However, I trust the teaching of the Holy Spirit explicitly and you can call that dogmatic. I just call it faithfulness.

So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3

I'm not selective about what I believe in scripture, but believe every word is true, whether or not its factual. I cling to it like my 2nd closest friend. Want to know who my closest friend is?
Were you "humbled in the wilderness?" (I think you were)
Did he feed you with manna? (I think he did)
Are you bold in your faith, or are you of a politically correct orientation?

Timidity is a natural quality. I was timid as a child and let myself be bullied by mean spirited people who knew that I wasn't inclined to defend myself. God had a different plan for me. He taught me self defense and warfare through the circumstances of my life. He gave me a zeal to defend my friends from those who threatened them. And after the new birth at the ripe age of 39, He called me to believe and to serve Him, for the time is short.
I'm 65 now, and the time is even shorter. I don't like being the bull in the China shop but I'm not trying to win anyone over to Christ on a "Christian " forum. That's not my job. The prophet is called to correct those going astray (biblical Revelation was coincidental to the calling.)
You don't expect me to take a person using an image of God as an avatar seriously, do you? I'll slap such people down every time. The ten commandments are commandments, not suggestions.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If i only "read" the scriptures, i would be like you.
So, instead i'll spiritually discern them, as God has instructed the born again, to do.

Also you feel if you shout using large type, this proves you are smart and correct?
Guess again, michaelvpardo.
It only proves that the fools like to yell online.

Notice this now..

Jesus said.... "If i be lifted up, I will draw all men to me".

Now, why did Jesus say, "my father Draws".....and "I draw".

Its because in both cases its the same Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin, and sinners of their need to be saved.
So, the Father, and the Son, are "ONE" Jesus says.... which means that if the Father "draws' or the Son "draws", its always the same meaning.
You're a funny dude, breaking at least one of God's commandments in every post, and you think you know Him?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh.
Really?

Ok, mr prophet....
explain this..

Because the blood of Jesus was given for the propitiation of all sin, not some sin. Because Jesus redeemed all creation, not just some men. He's our judge and our advocate at the same time, and He gave us His standard of judgment which, by the way, is His given word, not Paul's, not Peter's, not John's, James ', or Jude's (or the words of whoever it was that wrote the book of Hebrews.) I believe that those books are inspired, but I'll never completely trust a "builder", they're always self righteous by nature and are frequently duplicitous. Jesus is excepted in that because he wasn't a builder to my knowledge, but the creator of all things.
However, the real answer is that God determined to create a peculiar people for Himself, made in His own image, the work of His own hands, providing Himself in the person of His Son, to redeem creation from sin. It was always His work and not ours. It is impossible for God to fail (but some of us fail with every post by ignoring His commandments which are neither grievous or burdensome. )

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Door open to what?
The door to your understanding. Wherever there is self honesty you will find that how you understand today will not be the same in a few years. Liken our journey to a learning process. God is very long-suffering with our short and limited view, however, he will advance understanding to the self honest.
Anything less than self honesty will trap you in your own error.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Am i going to generate the Blood Atonement and the Cross of Christ?
Am i the Holy Spirit? Am i able to birth myself as "born again" "in Christ'?

Do you think so?
I dont.
all the barking in the world about being born again will not generate a new birth.....so why bark?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be born again, means, that God's Holy Spirit has caused a person's spirit to become in spiritual union with God's Spirit.
God's Holy Spirit births the spirit of a believer in Yeshua INTO God's Spirit.
The NT refers to this born again experience as becoming "in Christ" and "One with God".
The NT refers to this born again by the Holy Spirit..... Spirit in a person, as a "new Creation".

I am not going to disagree with this Behold. I would explain it a bit differently perhaps, but they do become "in Christ" and "one with God" as well. They are the covenanted ones, baptized by holy spirit. I am thinking we are in agreement on this point.