2012? hahaha i think not (:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oath XIII

Jan 22, 2009
I still don't think that the world will end in 2012. What i'm wondering is where in the bible does it speak of 2012? or where it says somethingabout the number 12?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Oath XIII;68352)
I still don't think that the world will end in 2012. What i'm wondering is where in the bible does it speak of 2012? or where it says somethingabout the number 12?
The Scriptures talk about the number 12 in a number of places. The Mayan Calendar is what says the world will end on December 21st, 2012. Take that for what it is worth. I don't think our world will end then but that could be a special date for something.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(tomwebster;68354)
The Scriptures talk about the number 12 in a number of places. The Mayan Calendar is what says the world will end on December 21st, 2012. Take that for what it is worth. I don't think our world will end then but that could be a special date for something.
Yep Toms Right, nothing specific in the bible about the world ending in 2012.but It is very specific when it comes to the world ending2 Peter 3:3-4 (NIV) First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."prepare to meet your God, O Israel." Amos 4:12c (NIV)Matthew 24:36 (NIV) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."Matthew 24:42-44 (NIV) "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. We must act as if the end of the world is coming tomorrow, we must always be ready. your brother in christRyan Fitz

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;68358)
(tomwebster;68354)
Yep Toms Right, nothing specific in the bible about the world ending in 2012.but It is very specific when it comes to the world ending2 Peter 3:3-4 (NIV) First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."prepare to meet your God, O Israel." Amos 4:12c (NIV)Matthew 24:36 (NIV) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."Matthew 24:42-44 (NIV) "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. We must act as if the end of the world is coming tomorrow, we must always be ready. your brother in christRyan FitzI don't think God will let Satan and his sons (of Cain) will get it exactly correct. I think God will put a pocket every now and then.
smile.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Letsgofishing;68358)
....Matthew 24:36 (NIV) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
As the Son, Christ did not know, as God He did. We also know the season and the generation. We can also know much closer than that for God tells us, "He has foretold us all things." The closer we get to His return the more accurate we will be able to be on the time frame of His return.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thiefWe must act as if the end of the world is coming tomorrow, we must always be ready.
It will not be tomorrow, the imposter, Satan, comes first claiming to be Christ come to “fly” us away