22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly not; this clinging to misconceptions and mischaracterizations is my point.
According to your indoctrination.
But NOT according to the perceptions of those of us looking in . . .

Not always, but being vehement (showing strong feeling, being forceful, passionate, or intense) about anything can take many different forms.
Not in my case.
Just
passionate . . .
Well, thank you, but no one deserves that.
No – he absolutely deserved it,
Apparently you weren’t reading moronic his attacks.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no definition of a genuine Catholic, because I no longer believe that such exists.
Then, maybe you shouldn't make idiotic claims about who is a “genuine Catholic” . . .
Obviously you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't be asking me for the definition.
That leaves only one conclusion.
All Catholics are fake Catholics.
Actually, I do.

A “Genuine” Catholic is a Baptized Catholic who submits to the Authority of the Church as granted by Jesus Christ (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

A “Catholic in name only”
is a Baptized Catholic who doesn’t – and lives life on his own terms.

An “Idiot” is someone who can’t tell the
difference . . .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A “Genuine” Catholic is a Baptized Catholic who submits to the Authority of the Church as granted by Jesus Christ (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).
The Mafia were part of your church for many years.

Do you have examples of mafioso whose testimonies and lives within organized crime reflected those "genuine" characteristics?

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm – YOU’VE been chasing ME – not the other way around.
Who is the one who is paranoid and thought I was talking to them when I shared two passages of scripture for everyone here to consider? You were chasing me, buddy. You are so delusional.

I publicly expose your nonsense for everybody who reads these post
The only thing you expose is that you are clueless and that you worship the false Catholic Church instead of God. The false Catholic Church is your God.

Jumping into a thread - and obsessively shadowing a poster’s conversations are TWO different things, Einstein.
Excuse me, Bozo, but, as I said before, this is a public forum. The concept of jumping into a thread is non-existent on a PUBLIC forum like this. Anyone can respond to any post. Get that through your thick skull. If you want to have a discussion with just one person or certain people, then you can create a private conversation to do that.

You’ve told me on at least TWO occasions that I’m not worth talking to anymore and that you were going to end the discussion.
That truly is my intention. Notice that in my post that you jumped on I did not quote you or anyone else. Your paranoia made you think I was specifically talking to you, but that is not the case. I was posting scriptures for everyone to consider. One is a passage that talks about what scripture itself does for us and the other is one that encourages each of us to study the scriptures for ourselves instead of just accepting what others teach without studying it for ourselves. That's it. Did those passages cut you to the heart? Do you not accept what those passages teach? If you do, then your reaction to my post was absolutely ridiculous and revealed your paranoid schizophrenic tendencies.

But – like an alcoholic who can’t control himself – you keep comin’ back
I have no intention of talking to you any more after this. But, if you misrepresent something I say or make false accusations towards me, then I will respond. Otherwise, good riddance.

Temper, temper . . .
Says the guy who has been ranting about things repeatedly for weeks on this thread. LOL.

I proved you wrong - no need to soil yourself.
You proved nothing except that you are a paranoid schizophrenic clown and everyone here can clearly see that. You don't decide for me what I was intending to say by posting those scriptures. I am telling you what I was intending. Don't act like you can read my mind.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to your indoctrination.
What was that you were saying about ad hominem again? I forget...

But to what you say here, you're hearing what I say and what I quote from reformed sources about reformed things, and you're refuting all that with what your non-reformed sources say those reformed things really are. Do you see? I'm hearing strains from Simon and Garfunkel... "still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." (The Boxer, 1968) Look. If you hear something about the Reformed tradition from a reformed source, you may disagree with that something at face value, but don't intentionally turn it into something very different than what it is so that then you can disagree with it, because doing so is quite ridiculous.

But NOT according to the perceptions of those of us looking in . . .
Ah! Perception is not always reality, BreadOfLife. Misperception is rampant in this world...

Not in my case. Just passionate . . .
Okay, well, passion can take many forms, sometimes bad ones... :)

No – he absolutely deserved it...
Okay, that's another thing we disagree on. :) I seem to recall something in the Bible about soft answers taking away wrath... :)

Apparently you weren’t reading moronic his attacks.
Takes two to tango, BreadOfLife. I think there's something in the Bible about repaying evil with evil... :)

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mafia were part of your church for many years.

Do you have examples of mafioso whose testimonies and lives within organized crime reflected those "genuine" characteristics?
No, they weren’t.

What YOU in the depths of your ignorance don’t understand is that many of them not only incurred ipso facto excommunication because of their lifestyleswillfully living in grave sin disqualifies you as being a “genuine” Catholic”.

In short, Einstein – as usual, you don’t have a clue . . .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, they weren’t.

What YOU in the depths of your ignorance don’t understand is that many of them not only incurred ipso facto excommunication because of their lifestyleswillfully living in grave sin disqualifies you as being a “genuine” Catholic”.

In short, Einstein – as usual, you don’t have a clue . . .
How soon you intentionally forget.

Reminder from your own source:

Vatican creates group to study separating mafia from the Catholic Church

If they're already separated, why is the Vatican studying separating them?

Reality: They were (and to whatever extent still are) accepted as a "genuine" part of your church.

Because the Vatican could not afford to forgo all of the revenue that they generated.

Last edited:
  • Haha

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the one who is paranoid and thought I was talking to them when I shared two passages of scripture for everyone here to consider? You were chasing me, buddy. You are so delusional.
Suuuuurrrrrrre you were . . .
Excuse me, Bozo, but, as I said before, this is a public forum. The concept of jumping into a thread is non-existent on a PUBLIC forum like this. Anyone can respond to any post. Get that through your thick skull. If you want to have a discussion with just one person or certain people, then you can create a private conversation to do that.
Sure - we ALL jump into threads here.
But only SOME of you obsessively shadow other.

Creepy . . .

That truly is my intention. Notice that in my post that you jumped on I did not quote you or anyone else. Your paranoia made you think I was specifically talking to you, but that is not the case. I was posting scriptures for everyone to consider. One is a passage that talks about what scripture itself does for us and the other is one that encourages each of us to study the scriptures for ourselves instead of just accepting what others teach without studying it for ourselves. That's it. Did those passages cut you to the heart? Do you not accept what those passages teach? If you do, then your reaction to my post was absolutely ridiculous and revealed your paranoid schizophrenic tendencies.
Sure – I believe ALL of Scripture.

All one has to do though is to go back several pages and see how many times you shadowed my conversations with others – AFTER telling me I wasn’t work talking to.

Creepy . . .
I have no intention of talking to you any more after this. But, if you misrepresent something I say or make false accusations towards me, then I will respond. Otherwise, good riddance.
An empty promise . . .
You proved nothing except that you are a paranoid schizophrenic clown and everyone here can clearly see that. You don't decide for me what I was intending to say by posting those scriptures. I am telling you what I was intending. Don't act like you can read my mind.
That shouldn’t be too difficult.

They cab split slightly larger things – like the
atom . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How soon you intentionally forget.

Reminder from your own source:

Vatican creates group to study separating mafia from the Catholic Church

If they're already separated, why is the Vatican studying separating them?

Reality: They were (and to whatever extent still are) accepted as a "genuine" part of your church.

Because the Vatican could not afford to forgo all of the revenue that they generated.
You didn’t actually READ the article you linked to – did you, Einstein?

I didn’t think so. Go back and READ it – then come back and attempt to discuss it intelligently . . .

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You didn’t actually READ the article you linked to – did you, Einstein?

I didn’t think so. Go back and READ it – then come back and attempt to discuss it intelligently . . .
Obviously you haven't read it.

Quote:
"The eight-member group will study the excommunication of the mafia"

You said that they'd already been excommunicated.

Now that's real intelligent discussion.

Love them mafiosos.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Quote:

LOL. This guy doesn't get tired of us making a fool out of him for some reason. Just a glutton for punishment, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: covenantee

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Clearly not; this clinging to misconceptions and mischaracterizations is my point.

I have to say, it's... rather curious... that I've explained very clearly what the concepts ~ correctly understood ~ of sola Scripture and sola Fide are, and I have supported both concepts with several passages from Scripture (and we could take a walk through the tulips if you like...:).
Go ahead. Make my day.
But I have yet to receive any response other than: "Neither Sola Scriptura nor Sola Fide are in the Bible!" Well no one has ever claimed that, but the concepts of both are certainly and clearly supported by Scripture, as I demonstrated. If you disagree ~ which obviously you do ~ then let's talk about the Scriptures I used in my explanation rather than just saying "it's not there."
  • #8,554 lists over 2 dozen scriptures dismantling common abuses of scripture. "Bible alone" refutes Bible alone. There are plenty more, I was being brief.
1685145202536.jpeg

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An adherent of one false belief system arguing with an adherent of another false belief system. How interesting.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An adherent of one false belief system arguing with an adherent of another false belief system. How interesting.
Brave words from someone who keeps running from papal encyclicals.
Don't read this, you might get a headache:
HOW TO READ THE CATECHISM
Wanna know why we keep hearing the same garbage over and over again?
1685151693276.png
"false belief system false belief system false belief system false belief system false belief system..."
All sizzle and no steak.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brave words from someone who keeps running from papal encyclicals.

false belief system false belief system false belief system false belief system false belief system
All sizzle and no steak.
Whatever happened to the papal bulls?

Were people agreeing that they were appropriately named? :laughing:

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Quote:

Love them mafiosos.
Like I said - you didn't actually READ the article because you're a bubmling idiot.

The date of the article is from May of 2021 - and it pertains to Mafia members worldwide.
The Italian Mafia has ALREADY been excommunicated, Einstein - back in 2014 . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.