22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny His word by acting like a complete jerk and by treating others horribly and judging them instead of loving others even if they disagree with you as Jesus wants you to do. So, you are the one who needs to repent.

:eek:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't you respond like this to Davy's post where he called Paul "a FAKE"? You taking his side just because he's a Premil? He has some wacky beliefs that even other premils scratch their heads over, such as thinking that the ones who populate the earth during the supposed future millennium are those who will be resurrected with mortal bodies.

Reactions: WPM

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Christian believes God's Word as written. You need to repent to Jesus and ask Him forgiveness for denying His Word.

What are you talking about "repent"? This is utter pride. You seem to think you know it all. You need to look in the mirror and preach to yourself.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you avoided my points.

Again, you interprtet Rev 20 by your opinion of Rev 20.

Premil is always explaining away

It uses indistinct or misunderstood Old Testament Scripture to negate and reject clear and explicit New Testament Scripture that teaches otherwise

which you force a literal meaning upon.

Obviously you have nothing.

Can you honestly say that your

You have an obvious difficulty with addressing simple direct questions

You force that into the sacred text.

This is a classic case of Premil eisegesis.

but you have ducked around them

also refuse to address the literal reading of Scripture

watching Premils duck around

But, I guess you don't care about that.

You foolishly deny

You also foolishly don't understand

You deny His word by acting like a complete jerk

by treating others horribly and judging them instead of loving others

And that's just a few minutes scanning through posts.

Excuse me if I'm not so interested in this style of discussion. Filled with vanity.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't you respond like this to Davy's post where he called Paul "a FAKE"? You taking his side just because he's a Premil? He has some wacky beliefs that even other premils scratch their heads over, such as thinking that the ones who populate the earth during the supposed future millennium are those who will be resurrected with mortal bodies.
I was responding to you regarding your post.

Much love!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was responding to you regarding your post.

But I guess this doesn't matter to you, so, OK.
Yes, I know, and you noticeably didn't respond to his post similarly. Why not? I guess you are okay with him acting like a jerk and telling others they are FAKE just because they are sharing their views on scripture?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just go to the Olivet Discourse and understand that you are mistaken.
This is almost funny. If you told me to prove that the seals were not open, I would tell you to check Matthew 24. How is it that you do not understand these things?

The seals are the 70th week of Daniel. They are not open and will not be open until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in. Pretribulation Rapture.

False Christs come. The rider on the white horse. The second beast who is the 7th king.
Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Revelation 6
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Wars and rumors of wars.
Matthew 24
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

Revelation 6
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Famines
Matthew 24
7......................................................................... and there shall be famines,

Revelation 6
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Pestilences.

Matthew 24
7..................................................................................................................................and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Revelation 6
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The Great Tribulation
Matthew 24
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Revelation 6
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The coming of Jesus for the gathering from heaven and earth.
Matthew 24
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

The seals are not open and will not be open until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

Pray that you are worthy to escape ALL THESE THINGS that will come to pass and STAND BEFORE THE SON OF MAN.

Luke 21
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Excuse me if I'm not so interested in this style of discussion. Filled with vanity.

Much love!
But other Premils can talk like that all they want without you saying anything about it. You're rather selective in what you find to be objectionable. I see how it is.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you change your mind if I show you 10 passages? 20? 50?

Much love!
Just 1 or 2 for now would be fine. Why are you here if you have no interest in defending your doctrine? This is mainly a debate forum. You seem to be looking for some other type of discussion than a debate for some reason. You are free to share your views just like anyone else. You will get a better response if you don't respond like Davy by calling call someone FAKE for merely expressing their views with supporting scripture.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will get a better response if you don't respond like Davy by calling call someone FAKE for merely expressing their views with supporting scripture.
Think about this for a moment.

I've not done that. And I've shown the responses I'm getting. Do you see the disconnect? I'm not acting that way, you and others are. And there is no attraction to me in listening to that, in what should be a Christian discussion.

You're choice is to own your behavior or continue to deflect.

Much love!

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I've posted an array of responses received.

Yes, I'm here for debate, but something more reasoned and polite. Not like this. I'm just not interested in the style.

Much love!
That's fine. But, it's interesting that you don't criticize Davy for his style. Any reason for that?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about this for a moment.

I've not done that. And I've shown the responses I'm getting. Do you see the disconnect? I'm not acting that way, you and others are. And there is no appeal in listening to that, in what should be a Christian discussion.
I haven't talked to you that way, though. And I don't plan to. I only talk that way to Davy because that seems to be his preferred way of communication. I'm just trying to talk to him in a way that he can understand.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

What i said was mild and inoffensive.

I find your complaint diengenious, selective and unfair, as you totally ignore the slights and slanders of your Premil colleagues in this same thread, taunting Amils:

“This is hilarious.”

"Hogwash!"

"Balderdash!"

"more hot air!"

"You need to repent to Jesus and ask Him forgiveness for denying His Word."

Are these "filled with vanity"? Are these Christ-like?

You are partial in your judgment and unobjective. SJ is correct. It is hard to take your complaints serious.

Premils here obviously cannot deal with the issues so they have to attack the messenger.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're rather selective in what you find to be objectionable. I see how it is.
In this instance I was being selective in what I responded concerning.

Your assertion that I'm selective in what I find objectionable is along the lines of "intellectual dishonesty". Do you understand how that is so? That I'd "find someone objectionable" except I supress that because I support their POV otherwise?

Much love!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this instance I was being selective in what I responded concerning.

Your assertion that I'm selective in what I find objectionable is along the lines of "intellectual dishonesty". Do you understand how that is so? That I'd "find someone objectionable" except I supress that because I support their POV otherwise?

Much love!

Please stop avoiding the issue. Are the following "filled with vanity" in your opinion - yes or no? Are these Christ-like?

“This is hilarious.”

"Hogwash!"

"Balderdash!”

"more hot air!"

"You need to repent to Jesus and ask Him forgiveness for denying His Word."

Status
Not open for further replies.