22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greek... not English.
So where do you get the Greek from?
The KJV translators gave us an ancient translation in English.

It was all dowhill from there into modernism.

Now your new celebrated translators gave you a gay bible.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old covenant is not gone, because sin is not gone.

The Law describes sin and judges it today.

The Law will judge sinners and is the standard for sinners at Rev 20(the books).

Only the saint has obtained Grace and is free from the Law.

This means, there is a way out of wrath and judgement for those that obey Acts 2:38 and walk in the Spirit.

The moral Law still stands to convict people of sin. But the old covenant, and ceremonial system, including sacrifices, offices and traditions are gone forever.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to burst yoiur bubble. But the reigning over the nations with a rod of iron described in Revelation 2, 12 and 19 is a shepherding over the nations at the end. This is not reigning for a 1,000 years as Premils intimate. In fact, one thousand years are not mentioned in the reading. The only thing awaiting the wicked after Christ’s coming is judgment then eternal punishment.
You or your translator cronies have no qualifications to say "this word actually means this or this or this".

James Strong duped you into doing that to your Bible.

You became a closet translator.

Congrats.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is "duped by their counterfeit junk" apart from you. Hmmmm!
Just use the KJV and believe the words in it.

Don't use phony new age translations or believe these phony "scholars" of today.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The moral Law still stands to convict people of sin. But the old covenant, and ceremonial system, including sacrifices, offices and traditions are gone forever.
No, all the Law.

Where in the world did you get the idea that God enforces part of the Law and dumped the rest???

The entire Law is from the garden(Gen) to Malachi, and not a jot or tittle has been removed by God for sinners to be judged.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has got restraining power over the devil, so has the Church.In Matthew 12 we see the religious Jews rejecting Christ. Matthew 12:14-22 records, “Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him. But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; And charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. And in his name shall the Gentiles trust. Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.”

Christ’s rejection by his own house (Israel) saw Him turn to the Gentiles and the formerly outcast. He was now going to invade the devil’s house and acquire a spoil. Immediately after the Jews turned on Him in this story He delivers one of Satan’s household – a demon possessed man – thus illustrating that there was a darkened people out there that would come to faith in Christ. He used this man who belonged to the devil’s own house (kingdom) to impress the direction of the Gospel from hereon. Now, my main point is this: this reading expressly declares “in his name shall the Gentiles trust.” Using the Premil argument: all the Gentiles must trust, or this cannot apply today. What I am saying is, if you were to apply this argument namely that the fact that the vast bulk of Gentiles still remain deceived is evidence why we can’t be in the millennium now then we must (if we are consistent) apply the same rule to this statement to show that it can’t be relevant to today. It cannot relate to the here-and-now because the majority of Gentiles still don’t trust God. Of course, that would be preposterous. Such a statement is a general reference to the removal of the veil deceiving the Gentiles as a whole after the cross.

Paul draws several of the Old Testament prophecies, relating to the removing of this global deception upon the ethnos, together in Romans 15:8-12 and shows how this began with the life, death and resurrection of Christ and the subsequent evangelism of the early Church. He declares, Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the ethnos Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written (in 1 Samuel 22:50), For this cause I will confess to thee among the ethnos Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. And again he saith (in Psalm 18:49), Rejoice, ye ethnos Gentiles, with his people. And again (in Deuteronomy 32:43), Praise the Lord, all ye ethnos Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. And again (in Isaiah 11:10), Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the ethnos Gentiles; in him shall the ethnos Gentiles trust.”

The Old Testament writers predicted that there was a time coming when the Gentiles would accept Christ, glorify His name and trust Him. Now, here is an important question: do all the Gentiles fully and wholly surrender to Jesus? Using the Premil argument on Revelation 20:2 they must. After all, this reading makes a blanket statement they would believe, without qualification. Indeed, did that mean that the majority of Gentiles would do so? Of course not. Did that mean that the majority of Gentile nations would turn to God? Of course not. Did that mean that the majority of Gentiles would turn from heathenism? Of course not. This was talking about the general enlightenment of the Gentiles.
The gentiles are included in national Israels future covenant with the fathers as per Heb 10:15-17.

They get nothing more than that part of the covenant.

The promise is not to the gentiles, but the gentiles get to enjoy the promise for national Iasrael by inclusion.

As a matter of fact, this experience now is only a partial experience as we look through a dark glass.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The KJV translators gave us an ancient translation in English.

It was all dowhill from there into modernism.

Now your new celebrated translators gave you a gay bible.

What???
I don't celebrate translators.
I also use Bibles that are usually similar in age, or older than King Jimmeys.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what a multiversionist does....

"Oh God, I don't agree with the KJV here, let's see what the others say, then let's check Strongs"...LOL.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Status
Not open for further replies.