25 questions that prove that ancient Chiliasm was a different animal to modern Premil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That there will be a new Temple is proved by the many Prophesies about it in all of the Bible.
The best examples are OT- Daniel 9:27, which tells us how the Temple will be taken over by a strong man, and NT- 2 Thess 2:4, that reiterates that event. From their context, this must be an end times event.

Christ is the new covenant temple. He is the final sacrifice for sin. The old covenant is abolished. I am not sure why you are promoting its restoration.

For what purpose? Why would we need it? There was a reason why the curtain was ripped in two. There was a reason the temple was destroyed in AD70. The temple has been rendered redundant. It has been replaced by a better temple.

Daniel 9:26 says: “the people of the prince that shall come (speaking of the Roman soldiers) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.”

In Daniel 9:27 after predicting that the old covenant would be removed, the angel predicted that God would destroy the temple (the centre-point of the sacrifices) forever. We learn: “for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

The consummation is the one final future Coming of Christ.

We see the fulfilment of this in Christ’s words in Matthew 23:34-35: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord (the consummation, as Daniel predicted).”

Christ continues (to remove any ambiguity as to what He was referring to) in Matthew 24:1-2, “And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

This couldn’t be clearer.

What was going to replace the old physical Jewish building in Jerusalem was not something that was restricted to one race but a global spiritual temple that embraced all nations equally.

In John 4:19-20 we see Christ addressing this subject, in response to a statement made by the woman at the well. The woman said to Christ, “Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.”

Christ responded in vv 21-24, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

What Christ was teaching here was that a new economy was being introduced through His earthly ministry that would forever replace the old. No longer would the worship of the living God be restricted to a natural geographical land-mass or be centred upon a physical temporal brick building built with hands in earthly Jerusalem, rather, it would now be concentrated in a spiritual eternal temple (the redeemed Church) which is spiritual located within the heavenly New Jerusalem. That temple would not be restricted to one physical nation but would be situated throughout all the nations of the world.

Since Christ, the worship of God was no longer restricted to a physical earthly building but rather relocated to an invisible spiritual temple called the Church.

The Jews at the time of Christ, being ignorant and earthly minded, interpreted this statement to mean: He would destroy and rebuild the physical Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. The reading records, “Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?”

However, the next verse exposed their blindness, saying, “But he spake of the temple of his body” (v 21).

Christ spiritualizes the temple here. None could surely dispute this. There were 2 different mindsets in this picture. Christ’s heavenly mind-set presenting the introduction of the new covenant in the form of Himself and the Jews carnal earthly mind-set hankering towards an old inadequate system.

Christ also declared during His ministry, whilst standing in the actual temple, “I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple (Matthew 12:6). However, the Jews in the main had No comprehension of that glorious statement. To this spiritual Temple would the nations finally find mercy, thus, fulfilling perfectly what the old temple couldn’t. And thus, through Himself (the living Temple), fulfilling Isaiah 2:2 that all nations shall flow unto it.”

Granted, the temple was central to the Jewish faith. For anyone to intimate in any way that it would be destroyed was viewed as nothing short of blasphemy. However, Christ was redirecting their eyes from the old temporal building – which was an imperfect shadow and type of Himself – and pointing them towards the new all-sufficient eternal temple – in the form of His person. Through His impending death, the temporal temple and its ceremonies would be done away with.

Hebrews 9:11 directly rebukes those who look to an earthly carnal building in modern Israel. It explicitly states, “Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building.”

This is God’s perfect temple today – and it is eternal. This building will never fall, be replaced or share a central place with another.

• Love
Reactions: rwb and covenantee

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keraz, you're living in the Old Testament. The only way to understand the prophesy of old is through the New Testament. The new interprets the old, but you are trying to use the old to make sense of the new. You'll forever be looking for physical fulfillment of what is spiritually fulfilled through Christ. Which is why you can't understand Dan 9:27 is fulfilled when Christ confirmed the Covenant by His sacrificial atoning blood.

Absolutely spot on bro. Well said!

Reactions: rwb

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That there will be a new Temple is proved by the many Prophesies about it in all of the Bible.
The best examples are OT- Daniel 9:27, which tells us how the Temple will be taken over by a strong man, and NT- 2 Thess 2:4, that reiterates that event. From their context, this must be an end times event.
I don't see any "Temple" or "strong man" in Daniel 9:27.

Please copy/paste the verse and highlight "Temple" and "strong man" therein.

Thanks.

Application of straightforward grammatical referents to the text identifies all occurrences of "he" in Daniel 9:27 as Messiah the Prince.

He is stronger than any strong man.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is the new covenant temple. He is the final sacrifice for sin. The old covenant is abolished. I am not sure why you are promoting its restoration.

For what purpose? Why would we need it? There was a reason why the curtain was ripped in two. There was a reason the temple was destroyed in AD70. The temple has been rendered redundant. It has been replaced by a better temple.

Daniel 9:26 says: “the people of the prince that shall come (speaking of the Roman soldiers) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.”

In Daniel 9:27 after predicting that the old covenant would be removed, the angel predicted that God would destroy the temple (the centre-point of the sacrifices) forever. We learn: “for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

The consummation is the one final future Coming of Christ.

We see the fulfilment of this in Christ’s words in Matthew 23:34-35: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord (the consummation, as Daniel predicted).”

Christ continues (to remove any ambiguity as to what He was referring to) in Matthew 24:1-2, “And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

This couldn’t be clearer.

What was going to replace the old physical Jewish building in Jerusalem was not something that was restricted to one race but a global spiritual temple that embraced all nations equally.

In John 4:19-20 we see Christ addressing this subject, in response to a statement made by the woman at the well. The woman said to Christ, “Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.”

Christ responded in vv 21-24, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

What Christ was teaching here was that a new economy was being introduced through His earthly ministry that would forever replace the old. No longer would the worship of the living God be restricted to a natural geographical land-mass or be centred upon a physical temporal brick building built with hands in earthly Jerusalem, rather, it would now be concentrated in a spiritual eternal temple (the redeemed Church) which is spiritual located within the heavenly New Jerusalem. That temple would not be restricted to one physical nation but would be situated throughout all the nations of the world.

Since Christ, the worship of God was no longer restricted to a physical earthly building but rather relocated to an invisible spiritual temple called the Church.

The Jews at the time of Christ, being ignorant and earthly minded, interpreted this statement to mean: He would destroy and rebuild the physical Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. The reading records, “Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?”

However, the next verse exposed their blindness, saying, “But he spake of the temple of his body” (v 21).

Christ spiritualizes the temple here. None could surely dispute this. There were 2 different mindsets in this picture. Christ’s heavenly mind-set presenting the introduction of the new covenant in the form of Himself and the Jews carnal earthly mind-set hankering towards an old inadequate system.

Christ also declared during His ministry, whilst standing in the actual temple, “I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple (Matthew 12:6). However, the Jews in the main had No comprehension of that glorious statement. To this spiritual Temple would the nations finally find mercy, thus, fulfilling perfectly what the old temple couldn’t. And thus, through Himself (the living Temple), fulfilling Isaiah 2:2 that all nations shall flow unto it.”

Granted, the temple was central to the Jewish faith. For anyone to intimate in any way that it would be destroyed was viewed as nothing short of blasphemy. However, Christ was redirecting their eyes from the old temporal building – which was an imperfect shadow and type of Himself – and pointing them towards the new all-sufficient eternal temple – in the form of His person. Through His impending death, the temporal temple and its ceremonies would be done away with.

Hebrews 9:11 directly rebukes those who look to an earthly carnal building in modern Israel. It explicitly states, “Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building.”

This is God’s perfect temple today – and it is eternal. This building will never fall, be replaced or share a central place with another.

This is the one thing about millennialists that I simply do not get! What would be the purpose for another one thousand years of time on this earth after Christ has come and His kingdom complete. Even if another temple was built and the old sacrificial and ceremonial system reinstated why? For what purpose? You would think they could come up with some answer that was at least logical. But what I typically get when I ask them why, silence. But one did explain it will be so God's name would be vindicated, as though that made any sense whatsoever???

Reactions: covenantee

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the one thing about millennialists that I simply do not get! What would be the purpose for another one thousand years of time on this earth after Christ has come and His kingdom complete. Even if another temple was built and the old sacrificial and ceremonial system reinstated why? For what purpose? You would think they could come up with some answer that was at least logical. But what I typically get when I ask them why, silence. But one did explain it will be so God's name would be vindicated, as though that made any sense whatsoever???
No need to ask a questiin, they don't care about scriptural truth

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Which is why you can't understand Dan 9:27 is fulfilled when Christ confirmed the Covenant by His sacrificial atoning blood.
What I really can't understand is how seemingly intelligent people can believe what you assert above. They are totally unrelated.

Revelation takes us thru the sequence of the end time events and into Eternity. A coherent, logical and plausible series of how the Lord will carry out His great Plan for mankind to fruition.
You'll forever be looking for physical fulfillment
We are physical people, living in a physical world. The Spiritual, Eternal state does not come until all the Prophesies up to Revelation 20:17, are fulfilled. Spiritualizing any of the Prophesies before then is just a ploy of those who fail to see how they can and will be fulfilled.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is the one thing about millennialists that I simply do not get! What would be the purpose for another one thousand years of time on this earth after Christ has come and His kingdom complete. Even if another temple was built and the old sacrificial and ceremonial system reinstated why? For what purpose?
God said: My ways are not your ways and My thoughts are not your thoughts.
God wanted His people to build a Temple and make sacrifices and offerings in it. He does not change. Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8

The one thing about Amillennialists that I don't get, is how you simply ignore the many plainly stated Prophesies that say there will be a new Temple in the end times and during the thousand years of the reign of King Jesus.
Only in Eternity, there will be no Temple. Revelation 21:22 That verse would not be there if there wasn't a Temple just before then.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The whole doctrine from beginning to end does not add up.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is using pre-millennialism to seat the future human man (Man Of Sin) (The Beast)

Many pre-millennialist teach that Jesus will literally return to earth and physically take a throne in Jerusalem as the walk on Messiah, Starting A Millennial Kingdom on this earth?

This will be the future literal human Paul's (Man Of Sin) John's (The Beast)

Sad part is reformed eschatology doesn't believe in this future literal human man, as they remove the literal through symbolic allegory

Jesus Is The Lord

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in the deity of Christ?
Jesus is Lord.

God is Lord.

The Holy Spirit is Lord.

Do you believe in the Lordship of Christ?

"The word deity means "divine nature." It was coined by Saint Augustine, a theologian whose writings were very influential in the shaping of Western Christianity. Deity comes from the Latin word for "god": deus. The divine nature of deities is believed to be immortal goodness and powerfulness."

Is there a reason why you stick with theological terminology instead of Scripture? Do you think Jesus only had a divine nature?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Lord.

God is Lord.

The Holy Spirit is Lord.

Do you believe in the Lordship of Christ?

"The word deity means "divine nature." It was coined by Saint Augustine, a theologian whose writings were very influential in the shaping of Western Christianity. Deity comes from the Latin word for "god": deus. The divine nature of deities is believed to be immortal goodness and powerfulness."

Is there a reason why you stick with theological terminology instead of Scripture? Do you think Jesus only had a divine nature?

Stop avoiding. Is Jesus God?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop avoiding. Is Jesus God?
I answered your question. Why do you keep changing the question? Do you not understand the answer? Perhaps studying the Hebrew in the OT will help you out.

One person of the Trinity cannot be the other person. There would not be a Trinity then. How many persons make up this trinity?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The whole doctrine from beginning to end does not add up.
Why? Because to you, having chosen to believe the false AMill doctrine, are blinded to the truth of Bible Prophecy, as all the 'wise and learned' exponents over the last 1900 or so, years.

Those who expound Bible Prophecy, are part of the current generation which is mainly corrupt and ungodly. [as in the days of Noah]

They try to convince us that the cumulative research over the last century now yields a better understanding of the things of God. Conversely, our ancient Scriptures themselves do not say there will be an increase in understanding and discernment during the end times. The Bible prophets say that many will be deceived and will follow false teachings and only a few will understand. Daniel 12:10

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. 1 Cor 3:18-20
Matthew 11:25 I thank You, Father for hiding the truth from the wise and revealing it to the simple.

At the time of Jesus, the people the Lord selected to preserve His Word for the rest of human kind failed to understand God’s plan and were deceived to the degree that they arrange to brutally execute the Son of God who loved them.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Isaiah 53:3

Instead of telling us that mankind will progressively draw near to God because of our ability to assimilate and wisely apply knowledge to our circumstances, the Word of God tells us the Christians will repeat the ancient sin of Israel, and embrace lies.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-10 For this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….because they received not the love of the truth.
Theological error isn’t random. In this regard, the Greek word in our New Testament, rendered delusion, and it is the Lord Himself who delivers that delusion to those He deems appropriate.

This means it is a deluding error, which the Lord Himself sends, to those who want - no: who demand God to remove them, before any holy discipline; Hebrews 12:4-13 and they reject the Spirit of humbleness which would draw them to the truth.
This fulfils an Old Testament prophecy, which is in the context of the end times:
I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spoke, they did not hear: but they did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. Isaiah 66:4

The reason the Lord places a delusion upon people, is because they practice insincere worship and maintain wrong doctrines, Jeremiah 4:22, Isaiah 58:1-7 and have confused themselves by believing fiction and false teachings. Isaiah 29:9-12, 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Because to you, having chosen to believe the false AMill doctrine, are blinded to the truth of Bible Prophecy, as all the 'wise and learned' exponents over the last 1900 or so, years.

Those who expound Bible Prophecy, are part of the current generation which is mainly corrupt and ungodly. [as in the days of Noah]

They try to convince us that the cumulative research over the last century now yields a better understanding of the things of God. Conversely, our ancient Scriptures themselves do not say there will be an increase in understanding and discernment during the end times. The Bible prophets say that many will be deceived and will follow false teachings and only a few will understand. Daniel 12:10

Matthew 11:25 I thank You, Father for hiding the truth from the wise and revealing it to the simple.

At the time of Jesus, the people the Lord selected to preserve His Word for the rest of human kind failed to understand God’s plan and were deceived to the degree that they arrange to brutally execute the Son of God who loved them.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Isaiah 53:3

Instead of telling us that mankind will progressively draw near to God because of our ability to assimilate and wisely apply knowledge to our circumstances, the Word of God tells us the Christians will repeat the ancient sin of Israel, and embrace lies.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Thessalonians 2:11-10 For this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….because they received not the love of the truth.
Theological error isn’t random. In this regard, the Greek word in our New Testament, rendered delusion, and it is the Lord Himself who delivers that delusion to those He deems appropriate.

This means it is a deluding error, which the Lord Himself sends, to those who want - no: who demand God to remove them, before any holy discipline; Hebrews 12:4-13 and they reject the Spirit of humbleness which would draw them to the truth.
This fulfils an Old Testament prophecy, which is in the context of the end times:
I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spoke, they did not hear: but they did evil before My eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. Isaiah 66:4

The reason the Lord places a delusion upon people, is because they practice insincere worship and maintain wrong doctrines, Jeremiah 4:22, Isaiah 58:1-7 and have confused themselves by believing fiction and false teachings. Isaiah 29:9-12, 2 Timothy 4:3-4
The only delusion is your teachings that Jesus will magically transport Christians from around the world to Jerusalem, beam me up star trek style, if that isn't sci-fi in imagination what is, Big Smiles!

Sad part is, you really believe it

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sad part is, you really believe it
And you don't believe Matthew 24:31 or 1 Thess 4:17
At the end of the Great Trib, when Jesus Returns, he will gather His people, who remain alive; to where He will be - in Jerusalem.

But the great second Exodus of every faithful Christian now, will happen soon after the Lord has cleared and cleansed all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 66:15-21, Psalms 107

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the end of the Great Trib, when Jesus Returns, he will gather His people, who remain alive; to where He will be - in Jerusalem.
Many claim Jesus will literally return and rule "On This Earth" In A Millennium this being false in deception

Jesus warned his followers against this teaching, Jesus wont be found anywhere upon this earth as many claim

The Antichrist will be in Jerusalem, claiming to be Messiah Returned, "Beware"!

"Believe It Not" "Go Not Forth"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 13:13-14KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You normally get vicious and bitter when you have no answers, which is often.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You normally get vicious and bitter when you have no answers, which is often.

Normally blind people cannot see what is plainly written before them. That said, the Scriptures have many metaphorical descriptions in them, that if not seen, lead many astray with their plain/literal reading of the scriptures.

God's giving of the Promise Land as described in Genesis 15:17ff, is not a forever covenant promise, but was for a prescribed period of time where the end point of their possession was beyond their ability to comprehend. The possession of the prescribed area of land was as a sign that those from Israel, who are in holy communion with God during their lifetime, will inherit the whole earth during eternity.

Shalom

Reactions: WPM and rwb