25 questions that prove that ancient Chiliasm was a different animal to modern Premil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you should humble yourself instead of militantly fighting for your causes. That runs counter to living in the Spirit where we let God do our fighting for us. When you try to force your beliefs upon others you show yourself to be carnal.
That sounds like please be nice and don't expose my teachings and beliefs that are in error

P.S. God is doing the fighting, through his words presented to you, that proves your teachings and beliefs to be error

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:
Reactions: WPM

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi WPM,

We both agree that Jesus has all power and authority in this age and the one to come etc. (Eph. 1: 21 & 22) However we do not yet see all things bowing to the Lord Jesus Christ. The Father, we know is bringing the nations to the Lord`s feet for judgment and we see that in the trib.

`We give you thanks, O Lord God Almighty,....because you have taken your great power and reigned...` (Rev. 11: 17)

The Lord Jesus, the Head of the Body, is at present building and maturing His Body, as Rev. 1 - 3 reveals. When the Father then sends Jesus for His Body, (Acts 3: 18 - 21) the first rulership to be restored, then Jesus will move to His own throne, (Rev. 3: 21) and begin the judgments the Father gives to Him on the judgment scroll.

From then on it is a process of the Lord putting down all power and rule throughout the trib, and the millennium. (1 Cor. 15: 24 then comes the end, in the Greek refers to a process towards a goal).

Marilyn.
There won't be a future Millennium on this earth as you continue to claim

Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire (The End)

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop trying to make this personal. I know my beliefs offend you, but it's what I believe.

What was personal in the words I presented? Your beliefs do not offend me. I just disagree with them.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Agree, thats why I expose the reformed preterist error of 66-70AD fulfillment that you teach and believe

Matthew 24:15 (Daniel's AOD) and Matthew 24:21 (The Great Tribulation) these are future events unfulfilled

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

You do not have a clue what the difference between Partial Preterism and Idealism is. You are just displaying your ignorance on this matter when you state this. Notwithstanding, give me either compared to being a Dispensationalist advocate.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not have a clue what the difference between Partial Preterism and Idealism is. You are just displaying your ignorance on this matter when you state this. Notwithstanding, give me either compared to being a Dispensationalist advocate.
One thing I know Is a fact, the events seen below are future, and not fulfilled as you teach and believe

Matthew 24:15 (Daniel's AOD) and Matthew 24:21 (The Great Tribulation) these are future events unfulfilled

Daniel's AOD is future
, and the bad guy causing the Abomination and Desolation will be present on earth to the "Consummation" Ultimate End

"Future" Events Unfulfilled

This "Future" figure will be present on earth making (Abomination & Desolation) to the (Consummation) or (The Ultimate End) "Future" Event(s) Unfulfilled

(The Future Consummation)

2 Peter 3:10KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Merriam-Webster

Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signature specifically : the consummating of a marriage
2:
the ultimate end

Daniel's AOD (Even Until The Consummation) "Future"!

Daniel 9:27KJV

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was personal in the words I presented? Your beliefs do not offend me. I just disagree with them.

Okay. Your attitude seems to reflect resentment, but I'll go by what you say. Thank you.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds like please be nice and don't expose my teachings and beliefs that are in error

P.S. God is doing the fighting, through his words presented to you, that proves your teachings and beliefs to be error

Jesus Is The Lord

We have to learn from the Spirit, and not argue with everything that comes our way. I agree--we need to expose our teachings to scrutiny.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your responses seem very feelings based rather than evidence based.

There's a lot more life and study behind me than spending lots of time quoting Church Fathers, historical figures, and biblical sources. I hate getting tied down for hours looking up sources just to prove something that seems so commonly understood to me.

I've lived and breathed the Bible so long that I think, perhaps mistakenly, that other fellow Bible students will see the connection between what I'm saying and my biblical sources. But there's always room for improvement in my methodology. I do think others do deserve to see sources when they genuinely need them.

You're more difficult for me than many because you're well-studied in a number of things, understand them, and yet constantly require the sources in order to argue over them. I have to choose between spending all my time with you and spending time with many others. I usually choose many others, rather than just you. I prefer to diversify rather than get bogged down in a single subject.

But I do appreciate the time you spend, albeit I think you've catalogued a lot of your info to make it easy to copy and paste. I choose not to do that to keep my arguments fresh and not "canned."

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot more life and study behind me than spending lots of time quoting Church Fathers, historical figures, and biblical sources. I hate getting tied down for hours looking up sources just to prove something that seems so commonly understood to me.

I've lived and breathed the Bible so long that I think, perhaps mistakenly, that other fellow Bible students will see the connection between what I'm saying and my biblical sources. But there's always room for improvement in my methodology. I do think others do deserve to see sources when they genuinely need them.

You're more difficult for me than many because you're well-studied in a number of things, understand them, and yet constantly require the sources in order to argue over them. I have to choose between spending all my time with you and spending time with many others. I usually choose many others, rather than just you. I prefer to diversify rather than get bogged down in a single subject.

But I do appreciate the time you spend, albeit I think you've catalogued a lot of your info to make it easy to copy and paste. I choose not to do that to keep my arguments fresh and not "canned."

My posts are always evolving and always being tweaked. They are fresh. I try to address what other posters present and not avoid anything. As a former Police officer, I am big into supporting evidence with evidence. That is a strong biblical principle. Opinions orientated posts prove nothing. Scripture talks in theological debates. Historic data talks on the subject of the ECFs.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One thing I know Is a fact, the events seen below are future, and not fulfilled as you teach and believe

Daniel's AOD is future
, and the bad guy causing the Abomination and Desolation will be present on earth to the "Consummation" Ultimate End

This "Future" figure will be present on earth making (Abomination & Desolation) to the (Consummation) or (The Ultimate End) "Future" Event(s) Unfulfilled

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Merriam-Webster

1: the act of consummating the consummation of a contract by mutual signature specifically : the consummating of a marriage
2:
the ultimate end

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Debunked. Again.

History is fact.

Hallucination is fantasy.

Reactions: WPM

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Daniel's AOD is future

Merriam-Webster

2:
the ultimate end

Perform a grammatical analysis of Daniel 9:27 and tell us who "he" is, in the verse.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My posts are always evolving and always being tweaked. They are fresh. I try to address what other posters present and not avoid anything. As a former Police officer, I am big into supporting evidence with evidence. That is a strong biblical principle. Opinions orientated posts prove nothing. Scripture talks in theological debates. Historic data talks on the subject of the ECFs.

Informed opinion matters a lot. You don't read books by good authors when they back up every single point with references, although references are definitely needed at times. The Bible itself doesn't constantly make references to sources, although some of that is there, as well.

You seem to not recognize that? A lot is expected of the reader that he or she should already know the sources of information that is obviously "well-informed."

When somebody declares something, it is either obviously based on some authority or not. If one does not recognize the authority he is either lacking in preliminary study, or he is so biased that he rejects the presuppositions being made.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Informed opinion matters a lot. You don't read books by good authors when they back up every single point with references, although references are definitely needed at times. The Bible itself doesn't constantly make references to sources, although some of that is there, as well.

You seem to not recognize that? A lot is expected of the reader that he or she should already know the sources of information that is obviously "well-informed."

When somebody declares something, it is either obviously based on some authority or not. If one does not recognize the authority he is either lacking in preliminary study, or he is so biased that he rejects the presuppositions being made.

I totally disagree. When you are presenting an evidential argument, you have to support it with hard corroboration. That is something you severely lack. It is something Premils lack. This is a major issue that refutes Premil. So, I disagree with your attempted justification.

Jesus famously rebuked the two downcast disciples on the road to Emmaus on resurrection day, stating: “O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?” (Luke 24:25-26). After this, he began to open their eyes to the meaning of the sacred pages. Luke 24:25 records: “And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.”

Here is our perfect example for biblical interpretation.

Despite the fact that these disciples had sat under the teaching of the Lord for 3 ½ years they were still largely ignorant of the full meaning and import of the Old Testament Scriptures. That is why Jesus had to explain the meaning and application of these Old Testament passages to them in detail. He had to show how they spoke about Him. They should have known all this, but didn't because of their human limitations and lack of faith. Because of this they needed Jesus to interpret the ancient Scriptures that referred to Him for them.

Jesus began at the beginning with Moses in the Pentateuch and followed right through to the prophets showing these disciples the things pertaining to Himself, His sufferings and His glory. He revealed the Gospel message in the Old Testament pages. Jesus was not just referring to the Old Testament pages. We often see the descriptive coupling of Moses and the prophets as an alternative description of, and distinction between, the written Word and the spoken Word. That is likely why Moses and Elijah joined Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration. They represented both groups and together they pointed to our Redeemer.

Our Savior continues in Luke 24:44-45: “These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures.” His intent was to confirm that He completed every demand that was made of Him from the ancient inspired pages. His life was the perfect realization of predicted Old Testament prophecy.

The New Testament writers were equally aware of the importance of Old Testament prophecy and its focus on the life and ministry of Christ. They often referenced the Hebrew text to reinforce the fulfillment of numerous Old Testament predictions pertaining to the life of Jesus. Matthew especially brings this out.

Matthew 1:22 records, “all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet.”

Matthew 2:15 says, “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet.”

Matthew 2:23 declares, “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets.”

Matthew 4:14 says, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet.”

Matthew 8:17 says, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet.”

Matthew 12:17 says, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet.”

Matthew 13:35 records, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet.”

Matthew 21:4 declares, “All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet.”

Matthew 26:56 says, “all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.”

Matthew 27:35 says, “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet.”

But elsewhere statements are made by Christ proving His Messianic fulfilment. Jesus testified in Luke 18:31: “Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.”

Jesus said in Luke 22:22: “truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined.”

Jesus affirmed in Luke 22:37: “this that is written must yet be accomplished in me.”

Jesus tells us in Luke 24:46: “Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.”

Jesus instructed in John 5:39: “Search the scriptures … they are they which testify of me.”

Acts 3:18 testifies: “those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.”

Acts 13:29 records: “when they had fulfilled all that was written of him.”

1 Corinthians 15:3 and 4 make two references to key elements of our Lord’s ministry, adding the suffix: “according to the scriptures.”

Jesus perfectly and appropriately accomplished every demand made of the Messiah right down to the minutest detail. Everything was carefully preordained to occur at a set time and in a specific way. He was indeed on divine assignment. Our Lord was operating to a divine clock and a heavenly plan.

While the Old Testament points to Jesus, the New Testament witnesses of Him. The constant use of the term “fulfilled” in the New Testament relating to the work and ministry of Christ proves He was the antitype, who through His perfect earthly mission, removed the need and effectiveness of the type and figure from among God’s people.

Peter confirmed in 1 Peter 1:10-11: “the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.”

The New Testament authors saw Jesus as the ultimate realization of the Old Testament revelation of God, given to Moses and the prophets, regarding Israel’s deliverer. All this was said in regard to different key aspects of Christ’s earthly mission, including His life, death and resurrection. He realized every type. He accomplished every promise. He was salvation. He was Israel’s redeemer. He was their anticipated Messiah. He was the answer to every spiritual need of man.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
All this was said in regard to different key aspects of Christ’s earthly mission, including His life, death and resurrection. He realized every type. He accomplished every promise. He was salvation. He was Israel’s redeemer. He was their anticipated Messiah. He was the answer to every spiritual need of man.
But Jesus has not yet fulfilled His role as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, as the earthly ruler of the world. Psalms 2:7-9
He WILL and that is what blows AMillenniumism away.

Time is really short now, those who grip onto beliefs that conflict with what the Bible says, need to seriously reconsider what they believe and teach.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Jesus has not yet fulfilled His role as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, as the earthly ruler of the world. Psalms 2:7-9

Time is really short now, those who grip onto beliefs that conflict with what the Bible says, need to seriously reconsider what they believe and teach.

Why do you come out with stuff like that when the opposite is the truth - and you know it?

Listen to Peter preaching on Psalm 110:1, when speaking about David and his throne, says, “For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance [referring to Psalms 16:8-10]. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne [referring to Psalms 132:12]; he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption [referring to Psalms 16:10]. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, the Lord said unto my Lord, sit thou on my right hand, until I make thy foes thy footstool [referring to Psalm 110:1]. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:25-36).

Peter shows us that Psalm 110:1 is currently being fulfilled since Christ destroyed the power of the grave, and ascended to the right hand of majesty on high. No objective Bible student could fail to see the focus and message of this narrative. This reading is concentrated upon the victory of the resurrection of Christ nearly 2,000 years ago and the resulting current kingly Messianic reign of Christ at “the right hand of God exalted” in heaven. It confirms that Israel’s Messiah now sits enthroned upon David’s throne, and locates the timing of His assumption of the same to after “the resurrection of Christ.” As Messiah, Christ fulfilled every human demand of Him, thus rightfully assuming the kingship of Israel through His impeccable life, His atoning death and His glorious resurrection.

Paul joins Peter in relating the fulfilment of the Messianic enthronement to Christ’s current kingly reign in heaven. This truth is confirmed in Acts 13:22-23. Paul speaking to the religious Jews in Antioch says, concerning the promise of the Messiah and His rise to the throne of David, which was made unto their forefathers, he (God) raised (aorist active indicative) up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's (David’s) seed hath God according to his promise raised (aorist active indicative) unto Israel a saviour, Jesus.”

This Davidic reference was used by Paul to demonstrate (to his Israeli audience) that the much-anticipated eternal Davidic reign (prophesied for centuries in the Old Testament) had arrived in the form of Jesus Christ and His glorious resurrection. Christ was indeed Israel’s anticipated “king” and “saviour.” Premillennialists are selective in their interpretation of passages like this. The reason being: they have to be! Passages like this negate their doctrine. Whilst they except Christ as Israel’s current “saviour,” they do not except Him was Israel’s current ruling “king.” However, this text exposes their objection. This passage proves that Christ is presented as already perfectly fulfilling the Davidic expectancy.

Paul adds in Acts 13:26-30, “Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. But God raised him from the dead.”

It is clear from this whole chapter that these misguided Jews still foolishly yearned for a coming Messiah who would one day reign upon a physical temporal earthly throne in Jerusalem, when He had in fact already come and rose to the heavenly Davidic throne. These earthly-minded Jews totally missed the hour of their visitation because of their false theology. They totally misunderstood who their Messiah was and what form His reign would look like. The sobering part of this text is, their misinterpretation of Scripture, and their false expectation, caused them to miss their Messiah. The fact is, He came to Israel and most Jews never even recognised Him for who He was. They had such a wrong perception of their own king.

Paul then enlarges and explains, “And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers (speaking about the kingly Messianic reign that would usher from the seed of David), God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that [Psalm 2] he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise [His glorious rise to the throne], I will give you the sure mercies of David [quoting Isaiah 55:3] (vv 32-34).

What is majorly significant with this whole discourse from an eschatological point of view is that Paul references 2 popular Old Testament prophecies that the Jews commonly used anticipating the Messianic appearing and Davidic reign and showed how they have been fulfilled in the person of Christ and the victory of the resurrection. Here in explicit language Paul describes the realization of these Messianic predictions; the promised Messiah had already come and taken the throne of David, although, evidently, not in the person or in the manner that they had carnally imagined.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We see Stephen addressing Isaiah 66:1, whilst preaching on the subject of the tabernacle in Acts 7:44-50, saying, “Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David; Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest? Hath not my hand made all these things? Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God (Acts 7:47-56).

Here, Stephen’s natural eyes were supernaturally opened to view the Lord’s current kingly reign over His enemies upon the heavenly throne from the right hand of majesty on high. Thus confirming, once again, the present reality of Christ’s glorious reign in glory – heaven being His throne and earth being His footstool.

Stephen was thus able to testify to the marvelous kingly fulfilment of our two prophetic Old Testament prophecies. Confirming, once again, the present reality of Christ’s glorious reign over His enemies in glory – heaven being His throne and earth being His footstool.

Stephen lost his life for identifying the Old Testament “tabernacle of witness” with Christ and the conversion of the Gentiles. He then goes on to explain that God’s tabernacle today is not physical but spiritual (v 48) and then quotes Isaiah 66:1 to show the enormity of Christ’s rule today having sat down at the right hand of majesty on high (vv 49, 55-56). Stephen showed that God’s temple today is not physical, but spiritual. Also, the Messianic reign is shown to be heavenly and not earthly: “Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool.” Plainly, earth is not the location of God’s throne – heaven is. Albeit, earth is the place of His footstool not anywhere else. Do Premils not see this? This reading confirms that this reign is active an ongoing since the resurrection/ascension. Stephen was seeing this kingly rule in this current intra-Advent period.

In the Old Testament passage of Isaiah 22:21-25 we see a typical reference to the authority and governance of Christ with the key of David over the house of David. It reads: “And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house. And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons. In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.”

The seizing of the key of David is closely connected with the governance of the house of Israel. The New Testament makes it clear that Christ now holds that key/authority. He now is Israel’s king. He glorious holds his earthly fore-father David’s throne. What country to the mindset of many literalists today, it is a spiritual row over a spiritual house. It also embraces Gentiles!

Christ is shown in the New Testament to be the fulfilment to all these Messianic prophecies. What is more, He is shown to be currently exercising Davidic key/authority upon high over David’s house. John says in Revelation 3:7, “These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath (present active particle) the key (or authority) of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

This passage reinforces the fact that Christ is exercising His Davidic kingship over mankind now. The Old Testament kings were mere types of the one true King. He didn’t come to replicate the imperfect shadow and type, He came to introduce the true and eternal kingship of Israel.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This passage reinforces the fact that Christ is exercising His Davidic kingship over mankind now
Well, right now, King Jesus isn't doing such a great job!
What you believe is a contradiction to plainly stated Prophecy, of how Jesus will Return, seen by all and will visibly reign for a thousand years.
AMill is a false doctrine and those who promote it are sadly deceived.
That is true. Perhaps you need to take your own advice also, unless you think you've got it all worked out.
I await the great changes coming to the world, with great trepidation and in the anticipation of amazing events.
I hold fast to the Promises of Gid to His faithful peoples, of His protection for them and His Blessings for the future wellbeing.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, right now, King Jesus isn't doing such a great job!
What you believe is a contradiction to plainly stated Prophecy, of how Jesus will Return, seen by all and will visibly reign for a thousand years.
AMill is a false doctrine and those who promote it are sadly deceived.

I await the great changes coming to the world, with great trepidation and in the anticipation of amazing events.
I hold fast to the Promises of Gid to His faithful peoples, of His protection for them and His Blessings for the future wellbeing.

Ad hominem is all you have when you your doctrine is exposed.