4) Names written in the Book of Life of the Lamb

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
5) Noah makes the arkGe 6:9 This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God. 10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth. 11 Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth. 14 So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. 15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. 16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks. (Note: Noah was a righteous man, Noah walked with God)2Pe 2:5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; Noah walked with God:Am 3:3 Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? (It is proved that at that time Noah a preacher of righteousness agreed with God, and Yahweh walked with Noah.)1Ti 1:18 Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, 19 holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith. Note: The prophecies made about Timothy by Paul are the faith, like the ship. Please think: isn’t the righteous Word Noah preached the faith and the ship? So the ark is a ship—the faith.Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith. 1Pe 3:20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand--with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him. Search, baptism of water:Eph 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, This water is through the Word—the Word of God, the name of Jesus, and also the living water Jesus gives. See:Jn 4:14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. Ge 6:16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.Make the ark lower, middle and upper decks, it is exactly referring to the three seals of the faith. See:The seal of the Holy SpiritEph 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory. The seal of JesusAc 13:44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of God. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and talked abusively against what Paul was saying.Gal 6:17 Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. Receive on the forehead the seal of God.Rev 7:2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 "Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." Hag 2:23 "`On that day,' declares the LORD Almighty, `I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel,' declares the LORD, `and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,' declares the LORD Almighty."Yahweh makes Haggai like my signet ring.Jn 3:33 The man who has received his witness has certified that God is truthful.He who has received his witness has set his seal to this.Ge 7:1 Yahweh then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. Noah and his whole family went into the arkGe 7:16 The animals going in were male and female of every living thing, as God had commanded Noah. Then Yahweh shut him in. [To be shut in the ark is to be shut in the faith, obey the faith, to the only wise God:Ro 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey the faith-- 27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen. Ge 7:17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet.The ark floated on the surface of the water, all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered, and these mountains refer to all the denominations of Christianity:Isa 40:1 Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. 2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from Yahweh's hand double for all her sins. 3 A voice of one calling: "In the desert prepare the way for Yahweh; "make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. 4 Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. 5 And the glory of Yahweh will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it. For the mouth of Yahweh has spoken." (Make straight a highway for God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground become level, the rugged places a plain.)Jer 16:16 "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares Yahweh, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks. Note: The Word of God brings low every mountain and hill, because the Word of God is the name of Jesus. See:Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Tit 2:10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching of God our Savior attractive. The Word of God is the ship, and floats on every denomination.Ge 7:23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark. (Note: It means that only Noah was left, and those with him in God.)Ge 8:1 But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. 2 Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky. 3 The water receded steadily from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the water had gone down, 4 and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. 5 The waters continued to recede until the tenth month, and on the first day of the tenth month the tops of the mountains became visible. Note: God sent a wind over the earth, see:ps 77:18 Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind, your lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked. Jn 12:28 Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. 30 Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. The word the angel spoke was a thunder and a whirlwind. See:2Ki 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. The ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat:2Ki 19:35 That night the angel of Yahweh went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning--there were all the dead bodies! 36 So Sennacherib king of Assyria broke camp and withdrew. He returned to Nineveh and stayed there. 37 One day, while he was worshiping in the temple of his god Nisroch, his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer cut him down with the sword, and they escaped to the land of Ararat. And Esarhaddon his son succeeded him as king. Isa 37:36 Then the angel of Yahweh went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand men in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning--there were all the dead bodies! 37 So Sennacherib king of Assyria broke camp and withdrew. He returned to Nineveh and stayed there. 38 One day, while he was worshiping in the temple of his god Nisroch, his sons Adrammelech and Sharezer cut him down with the sword, and they escaped to the land of Ararat. And Esarhaddon his son succeeded him as king. (Note: Receive the faith, and the angel of Yahweh will put to death the selfish hearts, escape to the land of Ararat, this is called: the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.) Ge 8:6 After forty days Noah opened the window he had made in the ark 7 and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. 8 Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. 9 But the dove could find no place to set its feet because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. 10 He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. 11 When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth. 12 He waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him. (Note: A raven and a dove, see:SS 5:10 My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand. 11 His head is purest gold; his hair is wavy and black as a raven. 12 His eyes are like doves by the water streams, washed in milk, mounted like jewels. 13 His cheeks are like beds of spice yielding perfume. His lips are like lilies dripping with myrrh. 14 His arms are rods of gold set with chrysolite. His body is like polished ivory decorated with sapphires. 15 His legs are pillars of marble set on bases of pure gold. His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as its cedars. 16 His mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem. The ravens, the doves and the cedars are Yahweh’s lovers, and Yahweh’s friends. See:Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. Ex 33:11 Yahweh would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent. Mt 13:10 The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?" 11 He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: " `You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15 For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them. 16 'But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it. Mt 13:34 Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. 35 So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world." Jn 16:25 "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. 26 In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. 27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father." 29 Then Jesus' disciples said, "Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. Ecc 3:14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him. 15 Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account (or "and God requires an account of what is past”).

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
Rev 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets." The mystery of God will be accomplished.1. AbrahamGe 12:1 Yahweh had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. Leave your country, and go to the land I will show you.Ge 24:7 "Yahweh, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, `To your offspring I will give this land'-- Yahweh, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me, To your offspring I will give this land.[Notes: Yahweh spoke to Abram, Abram left his father's household and his native land (left the doctrines of man). See:Ge 11:27 This is the account of Terah. Terah became the father of Abram, Nahor and Haran. And Haran became the father of Lot. 28 While his father Terah was still alive, Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, in the land of his birth. Ur of the Chaldeans:Da 1:4 to teach them the language and literature of the Chaldeans. The language and literature of the Chaldeans, namely the language of the doctrines of man.]Ge 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, Yahweh appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless. 2 I will confirm my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers." 3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4 "As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God." Notes: Yahweh appeared to Abram, confirming His covenant with Abraham and his descendants. The whole land of Canaan where he was an alien, is given as an everlasting possession to him and his descendants after him.2Co 12:1 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. Visions and revelations from the Lord. Instructed Abram to walk before Yahweh and be blameless, what is the blameless? See:1Co 13:10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. To be perfect, with the Lord face to face, and know fully:Ge 18:17 Then Yahweh said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? Abraham knew the things of Yahweh.Ro 4:17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed--the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. 18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." In whom Abraham believed--the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.Ge 22:16 and said, "I swear by myself, declares Yahweh, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." 19 Then Abraham returned to his servants, and they set off together for Beersheba. And Abraham stayed in Beersheba. Because Abraham obeyed Yahweh, and he who obeys Yahweh will be the descendant of Abraham.Abraham has two kinds of children:Gal 4:22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise. 24 These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written: "Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband." 28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does the Scripture say? "Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son." 31 Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman. (Notes: for the two women represent two covenants. Hagar:Ge 16:1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar;Hagar was an Egyptian, the son born in the ordinary way, see:Hos 8:12 I wrote for them the many things of my law, but they regarded them as something alien. 13 They offer sacrifices given to me and they eat the meat, but Yahweh is not pleased with them. Now he will remember their wickedness and punish their sins: They will return to Egypt. Regarding the law as something alien they will return to Egypt.Ac 7:38 'He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us. 39 "But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt. Refusing to obey the living words the heart turns back to Egypt.Search “born according to the flesh”:Jude 19 These are the men who divide you, who are fleshly and do not have the Spirit. Fleshly and do not have the Spirit. Ge 6:3 Then Yahweh said, "My Spirit will not abide within man forever, for he is flesh; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia, Arabia:2Ch 21:16 Yahweh aroused against Jehoram the hostility of the Philistines and of the Arabs who lived near the Cushites. Cush:Ge 10:8 Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. 9 He was a mighty hunter before Yahweh; that is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before Yahweh." He grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth, he was a mighty hunter before Yahweh.Corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem: it refers to the fleshly. His son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise, is the Jerusalem in heaven and she is our mother.Search “promise”:Gal 3:15 Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ. Meaning one person, who is Christ. Christ is mother.Ac 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, " `The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand 35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." 36 "'Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." God has made this Jesus both Lord and Christ.Isa 50:1 This is what Yahweh says: "Where is your mother's certificate of divorce with which I sent her away? Or to which of my creditors did I sell you? Because of your sins you were sold; because of your transgressions your mother was sent away. Pr 6:20 My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 21 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. 22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. 23 For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life, (Christ is born as a result of promise, is the light, the Word of life, and the Jerusalem in heaven.)Ge 25:21 Isaac prayed to Yahweh on behalf of his wife, because she was barren. Yahweh answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant. 22 The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, "Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of Yahweh. 23 Yahweh said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." 24 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. 25 The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau. 26 After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau's heel; so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them. 27 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was a quiet man, staying among the tents. 28 Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob. 29 Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, "Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I'm famished!" (That is why he was also called Edom.) 31 Jacob replied, "First sell me your birthright." 32 "Look, I am about to die," Esau said. "What good is the birthright to me?" 33 But Jacob said, "Swear to me first." So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright. (Notes: Esau, selling his birthright, is flesh; Jacob, seeking birthright, is loved by God.) Ge 24:59 So they sent their sister Rebekah on her way, along with her nurse and Abraham's servant and his men. 60 And they blessed Rebekah and said to her, "Our sister, may you increase to thousands upon thousands; may your offspring possess the gates of their enemies." (Notes: Rebekah increased to thousands upon thousands, because there were twin boys in her womb.)Ro 9:8 In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. 9 For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son." 10 Not only that, but Rebekah's children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad--in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls--she was told, "The older will serve the younger." (Notes: the natural children are fleshly, the children of the promise are regarded as offspring.)Ro 7:1 Do you not know, brothers--for I am speaking to men who know the law--that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage. 3 So then, if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress, even though she marries another man. 4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. 7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet." 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful. 14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. Ro 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. 5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. 9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. 12 Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation--but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. Notes: from above we can see, there are two laws in our hearts at war, are not two nations waging war? Is not our body of Esau? Then how can we by the Spirit put to death the misdeeds of the body and be led by the Spirit of God? See:Ge 21:22 At that time Abimelech and Phicol the commander of his forces said to Abraham, "God is with you in everything you do. 23 Now swear to me here before God that you will not deal falsely with me or my children or my descendants. Show to me and the country where you are living as an alien the same kindness I have shown to you." 24 Abraham said, "I swear it." 25 Then Abraham complained to Abimelech about a well of water that Abimelech's servants had seized. 26 But Abimelech said, "I don't know who has done this. You did not tell me, and I heard about it only today." 27 So Abraham brought sheep and cattle and gave them to Abimelech, and the two men made a treaty. 28 Abraham set apart seven ewe lambs from the flock, 29 and Abimelech asked Abraham, "What is the meaning of these seven ewe lambs you have set apart by themselves?" 30 He replied, "Accept these seven lambs from my hand as a witness that I dug this well." 31 So that place was called Beersheba, because the two men swore an oath there. 32 After the treaty had been made at Beersheba, Abimelech and Phicol the commander of his forces returned to the land of the Philistines. 33 Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called upon the name of Yahweh, the Eternal God. 34 And Abraham stayed in the land of the Philistines for a long time. [Abimelech living on the land of the Philistines (namely the land of Gentiles, following the mind of the Gentiles) servants had seized a well of water, there is no living water flowing out of his heart. Who had done this he did not know yet. Abraham called upon the name of Yahweh, the Eternal God, gave sheep and cattle to Abimelech, and the two men made a treaty. Abimelech accepted from the hand of Abraham these seven lambs, namely the words of God, Jesus, the Lamb of God:Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! There are seven Spirits in the words of God:Isa 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of Yahweh will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Yahweh—as a witness that Abraham dug this well.](to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
2. AbimelechGe 26:1 Now there was a famine in the land--besides the earlier famine of Abraham's time--and Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines in Gerar. Abimelech king of the Philistines:Isa 14:32 What answer shall be given to the envoys of that nation? (That nation or Philistines)That nation or Philistines, search the Gentiles:1Pe 4:3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. In the past doing what pagans choose. Eph 4:17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more. Gentiles follow the futility of their thinking.1Th 4:3 It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; Ps 9:17 The wicked return to the grave, all the nations that forget God. All the nations that forget God return to the grave.Ge 21:25 Then Abraham complained to Abimelech about a well of water that Abimelech's servants had seized. 26 But Abimelech said, "I don't know who has done this. You did not tell me, and I heard about it only today." Abimelech's servants had seized a well of water.(Notes: if today we follow our own thinking, how can the morning star appear in the heart? How can streams of living water flow from the belly? See: Jn 7:37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified. So we Jesus’ believers, if we follow our own thinking, have also seized a well of water, and do not know it either; do not we know it until today when we hear, receive and understand?(to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
3. Well of the OathGe 21:27 So Abraham brought sheep and cattle and gave them to Abimelech, and the two men made a treaty. [Notes: sheep:Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! Jesus is the Lamb of God.Cattle:1Co 9:9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain." Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10 Surely he says this for us, doesn't he? Yes, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they ought to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. (The cattle refers to the plowman)1Co 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. You are God's field, the words from the mouth of Abraham instructing Abimelech are the name of Jesus, to plow the field.Hos 10:11 Ephraim is a trained heifer that loves to thresh; so I will put a yoke on her fair neck. I will drive Ephraim, Judah must plow, and Jacob must break up the ground.Judah must plow.]Ge 21:28 Abraham set apart seven ewe lambs from the flock, 29 and Abimelech asked Abraham, "What is the meaning of these seven ewe lambs you have set apart by themselves?" 30 He replied, "Accept these seven lambs from my hand as a witness that I dug this well." 31 So that place was called Beersheba, because the two men swore an oath there. [Notes: seven ewe lambs:SS 6:6 Your teeth are like a flock of sheep coming up from the washing. Each has its twins, not one of them is alone. Speaking the words of God, each has its twins.Seven ewe lambs: refer to the seven Spirits of God, see:Rev 4:5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. The seven Spirits of God,Rev 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. Isa 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of Yahweh will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Yahweh—The seven Spirits of Yahweh.]Nu 21:16 From there they continued on to Beer, the well where Yahweh said to Moses, "Gather the people together and I will give them water." 17 Then Israel sang this song: "Spring up, O well! Sing about it, 18 about the well that the princes dug, that the nobles of the people sank-- the nobles with scepters and staffs." Then they went from the desert to Mattanah.The well was dug with scepters. Ge 26:1 Now there was a famine in the land--besides the earlier famine of Abraham's time--and Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines in Gerar. 2 Yahweh appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. 3 Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. 4 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, 5 because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws." (Notes: Yahweh appeared to Isaac, went to the land he was told to, then not down to Egypt.)Ge 26:15 So all the wells that his father's servants had dug in the time of his father Abraham, the Philistines stopped up, filling them with earth. 16 Then Abimelech said to Isaac, "Move away from us; you have become too powerful for us." 17 So Isaac moved away from there and encamped in the Valley of Gerar and settled there. 18 Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham, which the Philistines had stopped up after Abraham died, and he gave them the same names his father had given them. 19 Isaac's servants dug in the valley and discovered a well of fresh water there. 20 But the herdsmen of Gerar quarreled with Isaac's herdsmen and said, "The water is ours!" So he named the well Esek, because they disputed with him. 21 Then they dug another well, but they quarreled over that one also; so he named it Sitnah. 22 He moved on from there and dug another well, and no one quarreled over it. He named it Rehoboth, saying, "Now Yahweh has given us room and we will flourish in the land." 23 From there he went up to Beersheba. 24 That night Yahweh appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham." 25 Isaac built an altar there and called on the name of Yahweh. There he pitched his tent, and there his servants dug a well. 26 Meanwhile, Abimelech had come to him from Gerar, with Ahuzzath his personal adviser and Phicol the commander of his forces. 27 Isaac asked them, "Why have you come to me, since you were hostile to me and sent me away?" 28 They answered, "We saw clearly that Yahweh was with you; so we said, `There ought to be a sworn agreement between us'--between us and you. Let us make a treaty with you 29 that you will do us no harm, just as we did not molest you but always treated you well and sent you away in peace. And now you are blessed by Yahweh." 30 Isaac then made a feast for them, and they ate and drank. 31 Early the next morning the men swore an oath to each other. Then Isaac sent them on their way, and they left him in peace. 32 That day Isaac's servants came and told him about the well they had dug. They said, "We've found water!" 33 He called it Shibah, and to this day the name of the town has been Beersheba. (Notes: the Philistines stopped up the wells that Abraham had dug, Yahweh appeared to Isaac, both Isaac and his servants spoke the word of God, Isaac’s servants then dug out the well of living water again.)Jn 4:14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. The water Jesus gives him will in him well up to eternal life.(to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
Mt 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. Ex 12:43 Yahweh said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover: "No foreigner is to eat of it. 44 Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, Jer 51:1 This is what Yahweh says: "See, I will stir up the spirit of a destroyer against Babylon and the people of Leb Kamai. 2 I will send foreigners to Babylon to winnow her and to devastate her land; they will oppose her on every side in the day of her disaster. 3 Let not the archer string his bow, nor let him put on his armor. Do not spare her young men; completely destroy her army. 4 They will fall down slain in Babylon, fatally wounded in her streets. 5 For Israel and Judah have not been forsaken by their God, Yahweh Almighty, though their land is full of guilt before the Holy One of Israel. 6 "Flee from Babylon! Run for your lives! Do not be destroyed because of her sins. It is time for Yahweh's vengeance; he will pay her what she deserves. 7 Babylon was a gold cup in Yahweh's hand; she made the whole earth drunk. The nations drank her wine; therefore they have now gone mad. 8 Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken. Wail over her! Get balm for her pain; perhaps she can be healed. 9 "`We would have healed Babylon, but she cannot be healed; let us leave her and each go to his own land, for her judgment reaches to the skies, it rises as high as the clouds. Send foreigners to Babylon.Eze 20:32 "`You say, "We want to be like the nations, like the peoples of the world, who serve wood and stone." But what you have in mind will never happen. 33 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Yahweh, I will rule over you with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath. 34 I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered--with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath. 35 I will bring you into the desert of the nations and there, face to face, I will execute judgment upon you. 36 As I judged your fathers in the desert of the land of Egypt, so I will judge you, declares the Sovereign Yahweh. In the desert of the nations, judgment is executed by Yahweh. Eze 36:33 "`This is what the Sovereign Yahweh says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt. 34 The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. 35 They will say, "This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited." 36 Then the nations around you that remain will know that I Yahweh have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I Yahweh have spoken, and I will do it. 37 "'This is what the Sovereign Yahweh says: Once again I will yield to the plea of the house of Israel and do this for them: I will make their people as numerous as sheep, 38 as numerous as the flocks for offerings at Jerusalem during her appointed feasts. So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am Yahweh." (Notes: The nations remaining will know that Yahweh has rebuilt and replanted what was desolate.)Eze 37:24 "`My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. 27 My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I Yahweh make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.' " Then the nations will know that I Yahweh make Israel holy.Eze 38:16 You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes. 17 "`This is what the Sovereign Yahweh says: Are you not the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel? At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them.The nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.Joel 3:16 Yahweh will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the sky will tremble. But Yahweh will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel. 17 "Then you will know that I, Yahweh your God, dwell in Zion, my holy hill. Jerusalem will be holy; never again will foreigners invade her. Yahweh will roar from Zion, Jerusalem will be holy; never again will foreigners invade her.Eze 44:1 Then the man brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, the one facing east, and it was shut. 2 Yahweh said to me, "This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because Yahweh, the God of Israel, has entered through it. 3 The prince himself is the only one who may sit inside the gateway to eat in the presence of Yahweh. He is to enter by way of the portico of the gateway and go out the same way." 4 Then the man brought me by way of the north gate to the front of the temple. I looked and saw the glory of Yahweh filling the temple of Yahweh, and I fell facedown. 5 Yahweh said to me, "Son of man, look carefully, listen closely and give attention to everything I tell you concerning all the regulations regarding the temple of Yahweh. Give attention to the entrance of the temple and all the exits of the sanctuary. 6 Say to the rebellious house of Israel, `This is what the Sovereign Yahweh says: Enough of your detestable practices, O house of Israel! 7 In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant. 8 Instead of carrying out your duty in regard to my holy things, you put others in charge of my sanctuary. 9 This is what the Sovereign Yahweh says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites. (Notes: The outer gate was shut. The prince himself is the only one who may sit inside the gateway to eat,giving attention to the entrance of the temple and all the exits of the sanctuary. No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter Yahweh’s sanctuary, )Zep 1:7 Be silent before the Sovereign Yahweh, for the day of Yahweh is near. Yahweh has prepared a sacrifice; he has consecrated those he has invited. 8 On the day of Yahweh's sacrifice I will punish the princes and the king's sons and all those clad in foreign clothes. 9 On that day I will punish all who avoid stepping on the threshold, who fill the temple of their gods with violence and deceit. (Attention: On the day of Yahweh's sacrifice I will punish all those clad in foreign clothes.)Ro 15:8 For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs 9 so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name." 10 Again, it says, "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people." 11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and sing praises to him, all you peoples." 12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him." 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 14 I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge and competent to instruct one another. 15 I have written you quite boldly on some points, as if to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me 16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. 17 Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. 18 I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done—(Notes: In his service to God, Christ has accomplished through Paul in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what he has said and done. That is in Ge 21:27-31 Abraham brought sheep and cattle and gave them to Abimelech, and the two men made a treaty. So that place was called Beersheba, Well of the Oath.)(to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
1Co 14:21 In the Law it is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," It is written: "Through men of strange tongues and through the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," Attention to the last word ME.Isa 28:9 "Who is it he is trying to teach? To whom is he explaining his message? To children weaned from their milk, to those just taken from the breast? 10 For it is: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there." 11 Very well then, with foreign lips and strange tongues God will speak to this people, 12 to whom he said, "This is the resting place, let the weary rest"; and, "This is the place of repose"-- but they would not listen. 13 So then, the word of Yahweh to them will become: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there-- so that they will go and fall backward, be injured and snared and captured. (Yahweh speaks a little here, a little there, speaks through foreign mouths to teach and explain Bible’s message.)Gal 4:19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20 how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you! Christ is formed in the heart, this is the meaning of Abraham making a treaty with Abimelech. Please see:2Co 13:3 since you are demanding proof that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. 2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test? 6 And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test. Mt 12:30 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. He who is not with me is against me, Christ lives in the heart to gather with Jesus.Jn 4:7 When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?" 8 (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.) 9 The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.) 10 Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." 11 "Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?" 13 Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (Jesus drank from the well of Jacob, whoever drinks the water Jesus gives will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.)Jer 50:4 "In those days, at that time," declares Yahweh, "the people of Israel and the people of Judah together will go in tears to seek Yahweh their God. 5 They will ask the way to Zion and turn their faces toward it. They will come and bind themselves to Yahweh in an everlasting covenant that will not be forgotten. 6 "My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place. (Notes: Bound to Yahweh in an everlasting covenant that will not be forgotten. Not bound to Yahweh are lost sheep.)2Co 2:17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God. In Christ we speak before God.Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Yahweh, the Lord our God, is the spring of living water.Jer 17:13 O Yahweh, the hope of Israel, all who forsake you will be put to shame. Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken Yahweh, the spring of living water. God has the seven spirits:Rev 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. Isa 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of Yahweh will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Yahweh—This is the implication of Abraham saying to Abimelech: accept these seven lambs from my hand as a witness that I dug this well, which is also the Well of Oath.

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
VII. Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt, across the Red Sea, through the Desert and into Canaan1. IsraelEx 4:22 Then say to Pharaoh, `This is what Yahweh says: Israel is my firstborn son, Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of Yahweh Almighty will accomplish this. 8 The Lord has sent a word into Jacob; it will fall on Israel. The Lord has sent a word into Jacob; it will fall on Israel.(Notes: a child, Ps 8:1 O Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. 2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! "" Mt 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. Mt 21:15 But when the chief priests and the teachers of the law saw the wonderful things he did and the children shouting in the temple area, "Hosanna to the Son of David," they were indignant. 16 "Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, " `From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?" Children: men who change and become like little children. Mt 18:1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Change and become like little children.Lk 18:15 People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mk 10:13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Milk means spiritual milk, see:1Pe 2:1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, Ex 12:40 Now the length of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt was 430 years. 41 At the end of the 430 years, to the very day, all Yahweh's divisions left Egypt. 42 Because Yahweh kept vigil that night to bring them out of Egypt, on this night all the Israelites are to keep vigil to honor Yahweh for the generations to come. (Notes: the people of Israel are Yahweh's divisions,Ps 103:19 Yahweh has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. 20 Praise Yahweh, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. 21 Praise Yahweh, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. 22 Praise Yahweh, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise Yahweh, O my soul.The mighty angels who keep his covenant and do his bidding are all his hosts.)Ge 32:22 That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two maidservants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. 24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." 27 The man asked him, "What is your name?" "Jacob," he answered. 28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome." 29 Jacob said, "Please tell me your name." But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there. 30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." 31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip. 32 Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob's hip was touched near the tendon. Notes:Jacob has struggled with God and with men and has overcome, and is named Israel. Please see:( 1 ) How can one overcome by struggling with God:Hos 12:2 Yahweh has a charge to bring against Judah; he will punish Jacob according to his ways and repay him according to his deeds. 3 In the womb he grasped his brother's heel; as a man he struggled with God. 4 He struggled with the angel and overcame him; he wept and begged for his favor. He found him at Bethel and talked with him there-- 5 Yahweh God Almighty, Yahweh is his name of renown! 6 But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always. Bethel:Ge 28:19 He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz. Bethel is the temple of God, see:Jn 2:16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" Jn 2:21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. The body of Jesus is the temple of GodBecause Jacob wept and begged for his favor, God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey him, see:Ac 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him." Tit 3:6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Speaking in the Holy Spirit meet Yahweh, see:Ge 35:9 After Jacob returned from Paddan Aram, God appeared to him again and blessed him. 10 God said to him, "Your name is Jacob, but you will no longer be called Jacob; your name will be Israel." So he named him Israel. Nu 11:28 Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses' aide since youth, spoke up and said, "Moses, my lord, stop them!" 29 But Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all Yahweh's people were prophets and that Yahweh would put his Spirit on them!" Jacob wept and begged, the Holy Spirit God gives to those obedient, met Yahweh at Bethel, struggled with the angel and have overcome. (to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
( 2 ) Struggled with men and have overcome:Mt 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." The things of men belong to Satan,Mt 5:37 Simply let your `Yes' be `Yes,' and your `No,' `No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. Eph 2:2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. Isa 29:4 Brought low, you will speak from the ground; your speech will mumble out of the dust. Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth; out of the dust your speech will whisper. Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Struggle against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.How can we struggle with men and overcome?Ac 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, " `The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand 35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." 36 "'Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." Eph 4:8 This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men." When he(referring to Christ)ascended on high, he led captives in his train (referring to Satan) as a footstool for Jesus’ feetEph 6:13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.Jesus is the truth, see:Jn 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. The Lord is righteous, see:1Jn 2:28 And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. 29 If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him. Jesus is the king of peace, see:Heb 7:2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, his name means "king of righteousness"; then also, "king of Salem" means "king of peace." 3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever. Jesus is deliverance, see:ps 3:8 From Yahweh comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Jesus is the Word of God, see:Tit 2:10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive. Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Put on the full armor of God, which is the words of God, the Word of God and the name of Jesus, crush the serpent’s head and demolish the selfish strongholds of Satan in everyone’s heart.Ge 3:14 So Yahweh God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." The woman’s offspring will crush your head (referring to the serpent)2Co 10:1 By the meekness and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you--I, Paul, who am "timid" when face to face with you, but "bold" when away! 2 I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world. 3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.Jacob’s leg was wrenched: it means Jacob spoke moved by the Holy Spirit and found Yahweh, demolished his selfish mind, speaking the words of Yahweh. That is Jacob has struggled with God and with men and has overcome. (to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
2. EgyptEcc 3:14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him. 15 Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account. God will call the past to account.Ge 16:1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar; Hagar was Egyptian.Gal 4:23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise. 24 These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. Hagar was an Egyptian, born according to the flesh.Jude 19 These are the men who divide you, who are fleshly and do not have the Spirit. Men who do not have the Spirit are fleshly. The Spirit is God, see:Jn 4:24 God is spirit, Men who are not with God belong to the flesh:Ge 6:3 Then Yahweh said, "My Spirit will not live with man forever, for he is flesh; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." Men are flesh.See Egypt:Hos 8:12 I wrote for them the many things of my law, but they regarded them as something alien. 13 They offer sacrifices given to me and they eat the meat, but Yahweh is not pleased with them. Now he will remember their wickedness and punish their sins: They will return to Egypt. Those who regard the law as something alien will return to Egypt.Dt 28:15 However, if you do not obey Yahweh your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you: Dt 28:68 Yahweh will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you. Not obeying the words of Yahweh God will return to Egypt, on a journey which should never be made again.Hos 9:1 Do not rejoice, O Israel; do not be jubilant like the other nations. For you have been unfaithful to your God; you love the wages of a prostitute at every threshing floor. 2 Threshing floors and winepresses will not feed the people; the new wine will fail them. 3 They will not remain in Yahweh's land; Ephraim will return to Egypt and eat unclean food in Assyria. (Those who like the other nations do not remain in Yahweh's land will return to Egypt)Ac 7:38 'He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us. 39 "But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt. Rejecting the living words, their hearts turn back to Egypt.Jer 42:15 'then hear the word of Yahweh, O remnant of Judah. This is what Yahweh Almighty, the God of Israel, says: `If you are determined to go to Egypt and you do go to settle there, 16 then the sword you fear will overtake you there, and the famine you dread will follow you into Egypt, and there you will die. 17 Indeed, all who are determined to go to Egypt to settle there will die by the sword, famine and plague; not one of them will survive or escape the disaster I will bring on them. 18 'This is what Yahweh Almighty, the God of Israel, says: `As my anger and wrath have been poured out on those who lived in Jerusalem, so will my wrath be poured out on you when you go to Egypt. You will be an object of cursing and horror, of condemnation and reproach; you will never see this place again. 19 "'O remnant of Judah, Yahweh has told you, `Do not go to Egypt.' Be sure of this: I warn you today (All who are determined to go to Egypt, not one of them will survive)The law is the name of Yahweh:Dt 28:58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name--Yahweh your God-- 59 Yahweh will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. Mal 2:1 "And now this admonition is for you, O priests. 2 If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name," says Yahweh Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me. 3 "Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. (to be continued)

Cherylrenee

Oct 7, 2007
If as you say your message is to help people know if their names are written in the Lamb's book of life then you have missed it. Jesus said you must come to him as a little child. The message is simple See The book of Romans1. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God2. We are helpless and dead in out sins and trespasses3. Jesus first coming was to pay the debt for our sins.4. Beleive in Jesus and accept the atonement for our sins thru him.That is the message in a nutshell. Don't muddy up the waters.

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
3. The departure of the Israelites from EgyptRo 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. Jesus is the likeness we are to be conformed to.Mt 2:13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him." 14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: "Out of Egypt I called my son." What is the meaning of the child and his mother?Mt 12:46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you." 48 He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." Lk 11:27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." 28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." Lk 8:19 Now Jesus' mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. 20 Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you." 21 He replied, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice."The flesh of Jesus was crucified for our sin, and after resurrection the flesh one half was taken up into heaven, and the other half is the Word of God. See:Tit 2:10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive. Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: |KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. What Paul speaks is the Word of God, and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.Ac 13:44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and talked abusively against what Paul was saying. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " `I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth." 48 'When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed. Ro 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. The Word is in the mouth, confess the word in your mouth is Jesus and Lord, believe with your heart you are justified, and confess with your mouth you are saved.Ps 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him. Blessed are all who kiss the Son and take refuge in him.Ge 46:1 So Israel set out with all that was his, and when he reached Beersheba, he offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac. 2 And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, "Jacob! Jacob!" "Here I am," he replied. 3 "I am God, the God of your father," he said. "Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. 4 I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again. And Joseph's own hand will close your eyes." Jacob will become a great nation in Egypt, God will go down to Egypt with Jacob, and God will surely bring you back again.Hos 11:1 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. Ps 81:8 "Hear, O my people, and I will warn you-- if you would but listen to me, O Israel! 9 You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god. 10 I am Yahweh your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. (Speak the words of Yahweh in the possession of the Holy Spirit, it is Yahweh bringing us up out of Egypt.)Jer 11:1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from Yahweh: 2 "Listen to the terms of this covenant and tell them to the people of Judah and to those who live in Jerusalem. 3 Tell them that this is what Yahweh, the God of Israel, says: `Cursed is the man who does not obey the terms of this covenant-- 4 the terms I commanded your forefathers when I brought them out of Egypt, out of the iron-smelting furnace.' I said, `Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God. 5 Then I will fulfill the oath I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey'--the land you possess today." I answered, "Amen, Yahweh." 6 Yahweh said to me, "Proclaim all these words in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem: `Listen to the terms of this covenant and follow them. 7 From the time I brought your forefathers up from Egypt until today, I warned them again and again, saying, "Obey me." 8 But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubbornness of their evil hearts. So I brought on them all the curses of the covenant I had commanded them to follow but that they did not keep.' " 9 Then Yahweh said to me, "There is a conspiracy among the people of Judah and those who live in Jerusalem. 10 They have returned to the sins of their forefathers, who refused to listen to my words. They have followed other gods to serve them. Both the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken the covenant I made with their forefathers. 11 Therefore this is what Yahweh says: `I will bring on them a disaster they cannot escape. Although they cry out to me, I will not listen to them. Hear and observe the terms of this covenant, by which Yahweh brought your forefathers out of Egypt.Ps 114:1 When Israel came out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of foreign tongue, Come out of Egypt and leave a people of foreign tongue.Hos 12:13 Yahweh used a prophet to bring Israel up from Egypt, by a prophet he cared for him. Yahweh used a prophet to bring Israel up from Egypt.The Word in Moses’ mouth is Yahweh:Nu 9:23 At Yahweh's command they encamped, and at Yahweh's command they set out. They obeyed Yahweh's order, in accordance with his command through Moses. The law of Yahweh is always on Moses’ lips:Ex 13:8 On that day tell your son, `I do this because of what Yahweh did for me when I came out of Egypt. 9 'This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that the law of Yahweh is to be on your lips. For Yahweh brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand. The law is the name of Yahweh:Dt 28:58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name--Yahweh your God—(So those who regard the law as something alien will return to Egypt. The Word in Moses’ mouth is the law, and Yahweh. It is also Yahweh brought the Israelites out of Egypt by Moses)(to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
4. Across the Red SeaGe 25:29 Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, "Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I'm famished!" (That is why he was also called Edom.) 31 Jacob replied, "First sell me your birthright." 32 "Look, I am about to die," Esau said. "What good is the birthright to me?" 33 But Jacob said, "Swear to me first." So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright. (Esau was flesh, despised his birthright, was called Edom, and red.)The law is the name of Yahweh:Dt 28:58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name--Yahweh your God-- Mal 2:1 "And now this admonition is for you, O priests. 2 If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name," says Yahweh Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me. 3 "Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. Mt 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Gal 4:4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. The Son of God was born under law, to redeem those under law, so that they receive the full rights of sons. Now so many people believe Jesus but abolish the Law, aren’t they selling their birthright as before? For Jesus was crucified to redeem those under law.Jer 49:20 Therefore, hear what Yahweh has planned against Edom, what he has purposed against those who live in Teman: The young of the flock will be dragged away; he will completely destroy their pasture because of them. 21 At the sound of their fall the earth will tremble; their cry will resound to the Red Sea. Edomites are in Red Sea.Ex 10:18 Moses then left Pharaoh and prayed to Yahweh. 19 And Yahweh changed the wind to a very strong west wind, which caught up the locusts and carried them into the Red Sea. Not a locust was left anywhere in Egypt. The locusts were carried into the Red Sea.Jer 46:23 They will chop down her forest," declares Yahweh, "dense though it be. They are more numerous than locusts, they cannot be counted. 24 The Daughter of Egypt will be put to shame, handed over to the people of the north." Forests of Egypt are more numerous than locusts.Na 3:17 Your guards are like locusts, your officials like swarms of locusts that settle in the walls on a cold day-- but when the sun appears they fly away, and no one knows where. Your guards are like locusts.Pr 30:27 locusts have no king, yet they advance together in ranks; (Yahweh is the King. Those who have no word of Yahweh in their mouths are locusts.)Crossing the Red Sea, the sea:Jer 51:36 Therefore, this is what Yahweh says: "See, I will defend your cause and avenge you; I will dry up Babylon sea and make her springs dry.Babylon Sea.Jer 49:20 Therefore, hear what Yahweh has planned against Edom, what he has purposed against those who live in Teman: The young of the flock will be dragged away; he will completely destroy their pasture because of them. 21 At the sound of their fall the earth will tremble; their cry will resound to the Red Sea. Edomites are in the Red Sea.Ex 14:16 Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground. 17 I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians so that they will go in after them. And I will gain glory through Pharaoh and all his army, through his chariots and his horsemen. 18 The Egyptians will know that I am Yahweh when I gain glory through Pharaoh, his chariots and his horsemen." 19 Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, 20 coming between the armies of Egypt and Israel. Throughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side; so neither went near the other all night long. 21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night Yahweh drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. 23 The Egyptians pursued them, and all Pharaoh's horses and chariots and horsemen followed them into the sea. 24 During the last watch of the night Yahweh looked down from the pillar of fire and cloud at the Egyptian army and threw it into confusion. 25 He made the wheels of their chariots come off so that they had difficulty driving. And the Egyptians said, "Let's get away from the Israelites! Yahweh is fighting for them against Egypt." 26 Then Yahweh said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand over the sea so that the waters may flow back over the Egyptians and their chariots and horsemen." 27 Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and at daybreak the sea went back to its place. The Egyptians were fleeing toward it, and Yahweh swept them into the sea. 28 The water flowed back and covered the chariots and horsemen--the entire army of Pharaoh that had followed the Israelites into the sea. Not one of them survived. 29 But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. 30 That day Yahweh saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. 31 And when the Israelites saw the great power Yahweh displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared Yahweh and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant. Search the staff:ps 60:6 God has spoken from his sanctuary: "In triumph I will parcel out Shechem and measure off the Valley of Succoth. 7 Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim is my helmet, Judah my scepter. (Judah is the scepter of God)Heb 7:14 For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.(the Lord descended from Judah)Moses raises his staff and stretches out his hand over the sea, it means Moses speaks the word of Yahweh to Babylon Sea. The Israelite people cross the Red Sea when they hear and receive the word of Yahweh, and believe and obey Moses. The Egyptian army was thrown into confusion, it is also the confusion of Denominations. The wheels of their chariots came off and they had difficulty driving, meaning the sayings of justified by faith and saved by grace, the wheels of their chariots cannot go forward any more.Ex 15:1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to Yahweh: "I will sing to Yahweh, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea. 2 Yahweh is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. 3 Yahweh is a warrior; Yahweh is his name. 4 Pharaoh's chariots and his army he has hurled into the sea. , 5 The deep waters have covered them; they sank to the depths like a stone. 6 "Your right hand, O Yahweh, was majestic in power. Your right hand, O Yahweh, shattered the enemy. 7 In the greatness of your majesty you threw down those who opposed you. You unleashed your burning anger; it consumed them like stubble. 8 By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up. The surging waters stood firm like a wall; the deep waters congealed in the heart of the sea. 9 "The enemy boasted, `I will pursue, I will overtake them. I will divide the spoils; I will gorge myself on them. I will draw my sword and my hand will destroy them. 10 'But you blew with your breath, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters. 11 "Who among the gods is like you, O Yahweh? Who is like you-- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? 12 You stretched out your right hand and the earth swallowed them. 13 "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling. 14 The nations will hear and tremble; anguish will grip the people of Philistia. 15 The chiefs of Edom will be terrified, the leaders of Moab will be seized with trembling, the people of Canaan will melt away; 16 terror and dread will fall upon them. By the power of your arm they will be as still as a stone-- until your people pass by, O Yahweh, until the people you bought pass by. 17 You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance-- the place, O Yahweh, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, O Lord, your hands established.The horse and its rider Yahweh has hurled into the sea, and the best of Pharaoh's officers are drowned in the Red Sea. Moses speaks the words of Yahweh, waiting for the people Yahweh redeemed to pass by.

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
5. Through the DesertDt 2:1 Then we turned back and set out toward the desert along the route to the Red Sea, as Yahweh had directed me. For a long time we made our way around the hill country of Seir. Setting out toward the desert along the route to the Red Sea, as Yahweh had directed Moses.Dt 1:19 Then, as Yahweh our God commanded us, we set out from Horeb and went toward the hill country of the Amorites through all that vast and dreadful desert that you have seen, and so we reached Kadesh Barnea. As Yahweh God commanded, through all that vast and dreadful desert.Moses and Aaron counted the number of Israelites in the Desert of Sinai:Dt 8:15 He led you through the vast and dreadful desert, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock. 16 He gave you manna to eat in the desert, something your fathers had never known, to humble and to test you so that in the end it might go well with you. (In the Desert, Yahweh brought you water out of hard rock, gave you manna to eat, to humble and to test you so that in the end it might go well with you.)Moses and Aaron counted the number of Israelites in the Desert of Sinai:Nu 1:1 Yahweh spoke to Moses in the Tent of Meeting in the Desert of Sinai on the first day of the second month of the second year after the Israelites came out of Egypt. He said: 2 "Take a census of the whole Israelite community by their clans and families, listing every man by name, one by one. 3 You and Aaron are to number by their divisions all the men in Israel twenty years old or more who are able to serve in the army. Nu 1:44 These were the men counted by Moses and Aaron and the twelve leaders of Israel, each one representing his family. 45 All the Israelites twenty years old or more who were able to serve in Israel's army were counted according to their families. 46 The total number was 603,550. (After the departure of the Israelites from Egypt, and in the Desert of Sinai, the number of Israelites Yahweh commanded Moses and Aaron to count was 603,550)By the Jordan Moses and Eleazar the priest counted the number of the Israelites:Nu 26:1 After the plague Yahweh said to Moses and Eleazar son of Aaron, the priest, 2 "Take a census of the whole Israelite community by families--all those twenty years old or more who are able to serve in the army of Israel." 3 So on the plains of Moab by the Jordan across from Jericho, Moses and Eleazar the priest spoke with them and said, Nu 26:51 The total number of the men of Israel was 601,730. Nu 26:63 These are the ones counted by Moses and Eleazar the priest when they counted the Israelites on the plains of Moab by the Jordan across from Jericho. 64 Not one of them was among those counted by Moses and Aaron the priest when they counted the Israelites in the Desert of Sinai. 65 For Yahweh had told those Israelites they would surely die in the desert, and not one of them was left except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun. (Notes: Yahweh said to Moses and Eleazar son of Aaron on the plains of Moab by the Jordan across from Jericho,the total number of the men of Israel was 601,730, not one of them was among those counted by Moses and Aaron the priest when they counted the Israelites in the Desert of Sinai. For Yahweh had told those Israelites they would surely die in the desert, and not one of them was left except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.)Why were Caleb and Joshua left?Dt 1:34 When Yahweh heard what you said, he was angry and solemnly swore: 35 "Not a man of this evil generation shall see the good land I swore to give your forefathers, 36 except Caleb son of Jephunneh. He will see it, and I will give him and his descendants the land he set his feet on, because he followed Yahweh wholeheartedly." Nu 32:10 Yahweh's anger was aroused that day and he swore this oath: 11 `Because they have not followed me wholeheartedly, not one of the men twenty years old or more who came up out of Egypt will see the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob-- 12 not one except Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite and Joshua son of Nun, for they followed Yahweh wholeheartedly. 13 'Yahweh's anger burned against Israel and he made them wander in the desert forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone. 14 "And here you are, a brood of sinners, standing in the place of your fathers and making Yahweh even more angry with Israel. 15 If you turn away from following him, he will again leave all this people in the desert, and you will be the cause of their destruction." Ps 107:4 Some wandered in desert wastelands, finding no way to a city where they could settle. 5 They were hungry and thirsty, and their lives ebbed away. 6 Then they cried out to Yahweh in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. 7 He led them by a straight way to a city where they could settle. (to be continued)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
Five Aspects of the Desert(1) Desert of ShurEx 15:22 Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah.) 24 So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, "What are we to drink?" 25 Then Moses cried out to Yahweh, and Yahweh showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became sweet. There Yahweh made a decree and a law for them, and there he tested them. 26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of Yahweh your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am Yahweh, who heals you." 27 Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve springs and seventy palm trees, and they camped there near the water. Notes: Shur:Ge 25:18 His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the border of Egypt, as you go toward Asshur. And they lived in hostility toward all their brothers. (Shur, near the border of Egypt, as you go toward Asshur, that is, on the ways of men)Hos 8:12 I wrote for them the many things of my law, but they regarded them as something alien. 13 They offer sacrifices given to me and they eat the meat, but Yahweh is not pleased with them. Now he will remember their wickedness and punish their sins: They will return to Egypt. Those who violate the Law are Egyptians.Marah:Ru 1:20 "Don't call me Naomi," she told them. "Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter. Marah means people believe Jesus, till we know Jesus is the truth, and the word of God. See:2Co 4:1 Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. Seeing that the doctrines of men can no longer be used, knowing that to explain the Bible with the doctrines of men, it’s the Almighty who has made our life very bitter, because the Bible has taught us that no prophecy of Scripture came about by men's own interpretation:2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. Yahweh showed him a piece of wood, see:ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of Yahweh, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Notes: The water that became sweet, Yahweh made a decree and a law for them, to test them, which means that the word of Yahweh God tests those who believe Jesus.

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
(2) Desert of SinEx 16:1 The whole Israelite community set out from Elim and came to the Desert of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after they had come out of Egypt. 2 In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. 3 The Israelites said to them, "If only we had died by Yahweh's hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death." 4 Then Yahweh said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions. 5 On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days." 6 So Moses and Aaron said to all the Israelites, "In the evening you will know that it was Yahweh who brought you out of Egypt, 7 and in the morning you will see the glory of Yahweh, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?" 8 Moses also said, "You will know that it was Yahweh when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against Yahweh." 9 Then Moses told Aaron, "Say to the entire Israelite community, `Come before Yahweh, for he has heard your grumbling.' " 10 While Aaron was speaking to the whole Israelite community, they looked toward the desert, and there was the glory of Yahweh appearing in the cloud. 11 Yahweh said to Moses, 12 "I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, `At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am Yahweh your God.' " 13 That evening quail came and covered the camp, and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. 15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, "What is it?" For they did not know what it was. Moses said to them, "It is the bread Yahweh has given you to eat. 16 This is what Yahweh has commanded: `Each one is to gather as much as he needs. Take an omer for each person you have in your tent.' " 17 The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. 18 And when they measured it by the omer, he who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little. Each one gathered as much as he needed. 19 Then Moses said to them, "No one is to keep any of it until morning." 20 However, some of them paid no attention to Moses; they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell. So Moses was angry with them. 21 Each morning everyone gathered as much as he needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. 22 On the sixth day, they gathered twice as much--two omers for each person--and the leaders of the community came and reported this to Moses. 23 He said to them, "This is what Yahweh commanded: `Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to Yahweh. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.' " 24 So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. 25 "Eat it today," Moses said, "because today is a Sabbath to Yahweh. You will not find any of it on the ground today. 26 Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any." 27 Nevertheless, some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather it, but they found none. 28 Then Yahweh said to Moses, "How long will you refuse to keep my commands and my instructions? 29 Bear in mind that Yahweh has given you the Sabbath; that is why on the sixth day he gives you bread for two days. Everyone is to stay where he is on the seventh day; no one is to go out." 30 So the people rested on the seventh day. 31 The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey. 32 Moses said, "This is what Yahweh has commanded: `Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the desert when I brought you out of Egypt.' " 33 So Moses said to Aaron, "Take a jar and put an omer of manna in it. Then place it before Yahweh to be kept for the generations to come." 34 As Yahweh commanded Moses, Aaron put the manna in front of the Testimony, that it might be kept. 35 The Israelites ate manna forty years, until they came to a land that was settled; they ate manna until they reached the border of Canaan. 36 (An omer is one tenth of an ephah.) (Notes: In the Desert of Sin the people grumbled against Yahweh. Yahweh God rained down bread from heaven, each one gathered as much as he needed, he who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little. Jn 6:32 'Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." 34 "Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread." 35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. Jn 6:50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.")Ex 17:1 The whole Israelite community set out from the Desert of Sin, traveling from place to place as Yahweh commanded. They camped at Rephidim, but there was no water for the people to drink. 2 So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink." Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put Yahweh to the test?" 3 But the people were thirsty for water there, and they grumbled against Moses. They said, "Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to make us and our children and livestock die of thirst?" 4 Then Moses cried out to Yahweh, "What am I to do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me." 5 Yahweh answered Moses, "Walk on ahead of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. 6 I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink." So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel. 7 And he called the place Massah and Meribah because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested Yahweh saying, "Is Yahweh among us or not?" 8 The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. 9 Moses said to Joshua, "Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands." 10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up--one on one side, one on the other--so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword. 14 Then Yahweh said to Moses, "Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure that Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven." 15 Moses built an altar and called it Yahweh is my Banner. 16 He said, "For hands were lifted up to the throne of Yahweh. The "Yahweh will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation." Notes: Set out from the Desert of Sin, the Israelites quarreled with Yahweh and put Yahweh to the test. Moses built an altar and called it Yahweh is my Banner. Banner:ps 20:1 May Yahweh answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. 2 May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. 3 May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. ((Selah)) 4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. 5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May Yahweh grant all your requests. 6 Now I know that Yahweh saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. (Lift up banners in the name of God, and Yahweh grants all your requests.)Ps 60:4 But for those who fear you, you have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow. (Yahweh gives the banner to those who fear him)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
(3) Desert of SinaiEx 19:1 In the third month after the Israelites left Egypt--on the very day--they came to the Desert of Sinai. 2 After they set out from Rephidim, they entered the Desert of Sinai, and Israel camped there in the desert in front of the mountain. 3 Then Moses went up to God, and Yahweh called to him from the mountain and said, "This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 4 `You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you " 7 'So Moses went back and summoned the elders of the people and set before them all the words Yahweh had commanded him to speak. 8 The people all responded together, "We will do everything Yahweh has said." So Moses brought their answer back to Yahweh. 9 Yahweh said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you." Then Moses told Yahweh what the people had said. 10 And Yahweh said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11 and be ready by the third day, because on that day Yahweh will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12 Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, `Be careful that you do not go up the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. 13 He shall surely be stoned or shot with arrows; not a hand is to be laid on him. Whether man or animal, he shall not be permitted to live.' Only when the ram's horn sounds a long blast may they go up to the mountain." 14 After Moses had gone down the mountain to the people, he consecrated them, and they washed their clothes. 15 Then he said to the people, "Prepare yourselves for the third day. Abstain from sexual relations." 16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because Yahweh descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, the whole mountain trembled violently, 19 and the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder. Then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him. 20 Yahweh descended to the top of Mount Sinai and called Moses to the top of the mountain. So Moses went up 21 and Yahweh said to him, "Go down and warn the people so they do not force their way through to see Yahweh and many of them perish. 22 Even the priests, who approach Yahweh, must consecrate themselves, or Yahweh will break out against them." 23 Moses said to Yahweh, "The people cannot come up Mount Sinai, because you yourself warned us, `Put limits around the mountain and set it apart as holy.' " 24 Yahweh replied, "Go down and bring Aaron up with you. But the priests and the people must not force their way through to come up to Yahweh, or he will break out against them." 25 So Moses went down to the people and told them.(Yahweh talked to Moses from the mountain. Moses went up to God and said: how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Yahweh God told Israelites to be ready by today, tomorrow and the third day. With a very loud trumpet blast, Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
(4) Desert of ParanNu 10:11 On the twentieth day of the second month of the second year, the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle of the Testimony. 12 Then the Israelites set out from the Desert of Sinai and traveled from place to place until the cloud came to rest in the Desert of Paran. (Notes: the cloud came to rest in the Desert of Paran. Cloud,Heb 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, Witness:Rev 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.")Nu 22:12 But God said to Balaam, "Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed." Nu 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? 20 I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it. 21 "No misfortune is seen in Jacob, no misery observed in Israel. Yahweh their God is with them; the shout of the King is among them. 22 God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox. 23 There is no sorcery against Jacob, no divination against Israel. It will now be said of Jacob and of Israel, `See what God has done! 24 'The people rise like a lioness; they rouse themselves like a lion that does not rest till he devours his prey and drinks the blood of his victims." (Notes: In the Desert of Paran, God speaks and acts, promises and fulfills. God has blessed, Paran cannot change it. No misfortune is seen in Jacob, no misery observed in Israel. What God has done to Israel)Nu 24:1 Now when Balaam saw that it pleased Yahweh to bless Israel, he did not resort to sorcery as at other times, but turned his face toward the desert. 2 When Balaam looked out and saw Israel encamped tribe by tribe, the Spirit of God came upon him 3 and he uttered his oracle: "The oracle of Balaam son of Beor, the oracle of one whose eye sees clearly, 4 the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened: 5 "How beautiful are your tents, O Jacob, your dwelling places, O Israel! 6 "Like valleys they spread out, like gardens beside a river, like aloes planted by Yahweh, like cedars beside the waters. 7 Water will flow from their buckets; their seed will have abundant water. "Their king will be greater than Agag; their kingdom will be exalted. 8 "God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox. They devour hostile nations and break their bones in pieces; with their arrows they pierce them. 9 Like a lion they crouch and lie down, like a lioness--who dares to rouse them? "May those who bless you be blessed and those who curse you be cursed!" Notes: the Spirit of God came upon Israel, the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who sees a vision from the Almighty.(Pr 29:18 Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law.)Like aloes planted by Yahweh, like cedars beside the waters, their kingdom will be exalted. The Holy Spirit given to: Ac 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead--whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him." Hag 2:4 But now be strong, O Zerubbabel,' declares Yahweh. `Be strong, O Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,' declares Yahweh, `and work. For I am with you,' declares Yahweh Almighty. 5 `This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear. Jos 24:9 When Balak son of Zippor, the king of Moab, prepared to fight against Israel, he sent for Balaam son of Beor to put a curse on you. 10 But I would not listen to Balaam, so he blessed you again and again, and I delivered you out of his hand. (Notes: Balaam violated the word of Yahweh, so Yahweh would not listen to Balaam)2Pe 2:15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey--a beast without speech--who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness. Nu 31:1 Yahweh said to Moses, 2 "Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people." 3 So Moses said to the people, "Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites and to carry out Yahweh's vengeance on them. 4 Send into battle a thousand men from each of the tribes of Israel." 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling. 7 They fought against Midian, as Yahweh commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba--the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. (Notes: Phinehas took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling. They fought as Yahweh commanded Moses,)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
(5) Desert of ZinNu 13:21 So they went up and explored the land from the Desert of Zin as far as Rehob, toward Lebo Hamath. 22 They went up through the Negev and came to Hebron, where Ahiman, Sheshai and Talmai, the descendants of Anak, lived. (Hebron had been built seven years before Zoan in Egypt.) 23 When they reached the Valley of Eshcol, they cut off a branch bearing a single cluster of grapes. Two of them carried it on a pole between them, along with some pomegranates and figs. 24 That place was called the Valley of Eshcol because of the cluster of grapes the Israelites cut off there. 【Notes: the descendants of Anak, Dt 2:8 So we went on past our brothers the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir. We turned from the Arabah road, which comes up from Elath and Ezion Geber, and traveled along the desert road of Moab. 9 Then Yahweh said to me, "Do not harass the Moabites or provoke them to war, for I will not give you any part of their land. I have given Ar to the descendants of Lot as a possession." 10 (The Emites used to live there--a people strong and numerous, and as tall as the Anakites. 11 Like the Anakites, they too were considered Rephaites, but the Moabites called them Emites. Two of them carried on a pole between them:Ro 9:10 Not only that, but Rebekah's children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad--in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls--she was told, "The older will serve the younger." 13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." Lk 7:11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out--the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry." 14 Then he went up and touched the pole, and those carrying it stood still. He said, "Young man, I say to you, get up!" 15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother. 16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." (Jesus touched the pole, the dead man sat up and began to talk)The pole:1Ki 8:6 The priests then brought the ark of Yahweh's covenant to its place in the inner sanctuary of the temple, the Most Holy Place, and put it beneath the wings of the cherubim. 7 The cherubim spread their wings over the place of the ark and overshadowed the ark and its carrying poles. 8 These poles were so long that their ends could be seen from the Holy Place in front of the inner sanctuary, but not from outside the Holy Place; and they are still there today. 9 There was nothing in the ark except the two stone tablets that Moses had placed in it at Horeb, where Yahweh made a covenant with the Israelites after they came out of Egypt. The sanctuary:Isa 8:13 Yahweh Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread, 14 and he will be a sanctuary.】Nu 20:1 In the first month the whole Israelite community arrived at the Desert of Zin, and they stayed at Kadesh. There Miriam died and was buried. 2 Now there was no water for the community, and the people gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron. 3 They quarreled with Moses and said, "If only we had died when our brothers fell dead before Yahweh! 4 Why did you bring Yahweh's community into this desert, that we and our livestock should die here? 5 Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to this terrible place? It has no grain or figs, grapevines or pomegranates. And there is no water to drink!" 6 Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of Yahweh appeared to them. 7 Yahweh said to Moses, 8 "Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink." 9 So Moses took the staff from Yahweh's presence, just as he commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, "Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?" 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank. 12 But Yahweh said to Moses and Aaron, "Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them." 13 These were the waters of Meribah, where the Israelites quarreled with Yahweh and where he showed himself holy among them. Notes: In the Desert of Zin, because people quarreled, Moses spoke rash words, and did not honor Yahweh as holy. See:ps 106:32 By the waters of Meribah they angered Yahweh, and trouble came to Moses because of them; 33 for they rebelled against the Spirit of God, and rash words came from Moses' lips. Nu 27:12 Then Yahweh said to Moses, "Go up this mountain in the Abarim range and see the land I have given the Israelites. 13 After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was, 14 for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes." (These were the waters of Meribah Kadesh, in the Desert of Zin.) Dt 32:48 On that same day Yahweh told Moses, 49 "Go up into the Abarim Range to Mount Nebo in Moab, across from Jericho, and view Canaan, the land I am giving the Israelites as their own possession. 50 There on the mountain that you have climbed you will die and be gathered to your people, just as your brother Aaron died on Mount Hor and was gathered to his people. 51 This is because both of you broke faith with me in the presence of the Israelites at the waters of Meribah Kadesh in the Desert of Zin and because you did not uphold my holiness among the Israelites. 52 Therefore, you will see the land only from a distance; you will not enter the land I am giving to the people of Israel." Hear the word of Yahweh:Hos 5:1 "Hear this, you priests! Pay attention, you Israelites! Listen, O royal house! This judgment is against you: You have been a snare at Mizpah, a net spread out on Tabor. 2 The rebels are deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them. 3 I know all about Ephraim; Israel is not hidden from me. Ephraim, you have now turned to prostitution; Israel is corrupt. 4 "Their deeds do not permit them to return to their God. A spirit of prostitution is in their heart; they do not acknowledge Yahweh. 5 Israel's arrogance testifies against them; the Israelites, even Ephraim, stumble in their sin; Judah also stumbles with them. 6 When they go with their flocks and herds to seek Yahweh, they will not find him; he has withdrawn himself from them. 7 They are unfaithful to Yahweh; they give birth to illegitimate children. Now their New Moon festivals will devour them and their fields. 8 "Sound the trumpet in Gibeah, the horn in Ramah. Raise the battle cry in Beth Aven; lead on, O Benjamin. 9 Ephraim will be laid waste on the day of reckoning. Among the tribes of Israel I proclaim what is certain. 10 Judah's leaders are like those who move boundary stones. I will pour out my wrath on them like a flood of water. 11 Ephraim is oppressed, trampled in judgment, intent on pursuing idols. 12 I am like a moth to Ephraim, like rot to the people of Judah. 13 "When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah his sores, then Ephraim turned to Assyria, and sent to the great king for help. But he is not able to cure you, not able to heal your sores. 14 For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, like a great lion to Judah. I will tear them to pieces and go away; I will carry them off, with no one to rescue them. 15 Then I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt. And they will seek my face; in their misery they will earnestly seek me." Pr 1:20 Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; 21 at the head of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech: 22 "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? 23 If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you. 24 But since you rejected me when I called and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand, 25 since you ignored all my advice and would not accept my rebuke, 26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you-- 27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. 28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. 29 Since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear Yahweh, 30 since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, 31 they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. (Notes: Not to be mocker delight in mockery, mockery cannot seek Yahweh)

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
6. Into Canaan(1) The land of CanaanGe 35:6 Jacob and all the people with him came to Luz (that is, Bethel) in the land of Canaan. 7 There he built an altar, and he called the place El Bethel, because it was there that God revealed himself to him when he was fleeing from his brother. (Notes: Luz in the land of Canaan means the God of Bethel)Ge 28:18 Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it. 19 He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz. (Bethel means the Temple of God, and used to be called Luz)1Ch 16:8 Give thanks to Yahweh, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 9 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek Yahweh rejoice. 11 Look to Yahweh and his strength; seek his face always. 12 Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, 13 O descendants of Israel his servant, O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones. 14 He is Yahweh our God; his judgments are in all the earth. 15 He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations, 16 the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac. 17 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: 18 "To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit." (Notes: The judgments God pronounced, confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: "To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit.")[/B]

johnchao

Jun 27, 2007
(2) Entering into CanaanEx 33:1 Then Yahweh said to Moses, "Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of Egypt, and go up to the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, saying, `I will give it to your descendants. 2 'I will send an angel before you and drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 3 Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way." 4 When the people heard these distressing words, they began to mourn and no one put on any ornaments. 5 For Yahweh had said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites, `You are a stiff-necked people. If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your ornaments and I will decide what to do with you.' " 6 So the Israelites stripped off their ornaments at Mount Horeb. Jdg 1:1 After the death of Joshua, the Israelites asked Yahweh, "Who will be the first to go up and fight for us against the Canaanites?" 2 Yahweh answered, "Judah is to go; I have given the land into their hands." 3 Then the men of Judah said to the Simeonites their brothers, "Come up with us into the territory allotted to us, to fight against the Canaanites. We in turn will go with you into yours." So the Simeonites went with them. 4 When Judah attacked, Yahweh gave the Canaanites and Perizzites into their hands and they struck down ten thousand men at Bezek. 5 It was there that they found Adoni-Bezek and fought against him, putting to rout the Canaanites and Perizzites. (Notes: Judah is to go and enter into Canaan, Yahweh will send an angel before you and drive out the Canaanites. Yahweh will not go with you,He knows what to do with everyone, rebuke and discipline, and strip off their ornaments.)Lev 18:1 Yahweh said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: `I am Yahweh your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am Yahweh your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am Yahweh. (Notes: You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live. Yahweh will bring you to the land of Canaan.)Jdg 1:21 The Benjamites, however, failed to dislodge the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem; to this day the Jebusites live there with the Benjamites. 22 Now the house of Joseph attacked Bethel, and Yahweh was with them. 23 When they sent men to spy out Bethel (formerly called Luz), 24 the spies saw a man coming out of the city and they said to him, "Show us how to get into the city and we will see that you are treated well." 25 So he showed them, and they put the city to the sword but spared the man and his whole family. 26 He then went to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city and called it Luz, which is its name to this day. (Notes: Show us how to get into the city.)Jdg 2:20 Therefore Yahweh was very angry with Israel and said, "Because this nation has violated the covenant that I laid down for their forefathers and has not listened to me, 21 I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations Joshua left when he died. 22 I will use them to test Israel and see whether they will keep the way of Yahweh and walk in it as their forefathers did." 23 Yahweh had allowed those nations to remain; he did not drive them out at once by giving them into the hands of Joshua. Jdg 3:1 These are the nations Yahweh left to test all those Israelites who had not experienced any of the wars in Canaan 2 (he did this only to teach warfare to the descendants of the Israelites who had not had previous battle experience): 3 the five rulers of the Philistines, all the Canaanites, the Sidonians, and the Hivites living in the Lebanon mountains from Mount Baal Hermon to Lebo Hamath. 4 They were left to test the Israelites to see whether they would obey Yahweh's commands, which he had given their forefathers through Moses. (Notes: These are the nations left to test all those Israelites, see whether they would obey Yahweh's commands, which he had given their forefathers through Moses.)Nu 14:5 Then Moses and Aaron fell facedown in front of the whole Israelite assembly gathered there. 6 Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, who were among those who had explored the land, tore their clothes 7 and said to the entire Israelite assembly, "The land we passed through and explored is exceedingly good. 8 If Yahweh is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. 9 Only do not rebel against Yahweh. And do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but Yahweh is with us. Do not be afraid of them." 10 But the whole assembly talked about stoning them. Then the glory of Yahweh appeared at the Tent of Meeting to all the Israelites.(Notes: If Yahweh is pleased with us, that land is a land flowing with milk and honey, because we will swallow them up.)Nu 14:22 not one of the men who saw my glory and the miraculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times-- 23 not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it. 24 But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it. The one follows Yahweh wholeheartedly, I (refer to Yahweh) will bring him into the landDt 1:34 When Yahweh heard what you said, he was angry and solemnly swore: 35 "Not a man of this evil generation shall see the good land I swore to give your forefathers, 36 except Caleb son of Jephunneh. He will see it, and I will give him and his descendants the land he set his feet on, because he followed Yahweh wholeheartedly." 37 Because of you Yahweh became angry with me also and said, "You shall not enter it, either. 38 But your assistant, Joshua son of Nun, will enter it. Encourage him, because he will lead Israel to inherit it. 39 And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad--they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it. 40 But as for you, turn around and set out toward the desert along the route to the Red Sea." 41 Then you replied, "We have sinned against Yahweh. We will go up and fight, as Yahweh our God commanded us." So every one of you put on his weapons, thinking it easy to go up into the hill country. 42 But Yahweh said to me, "Tell them, `Do not go up and fight, because I will not be with you. You will be defeated by your enemies.' " 43 So I told you, but you would not listen. You rebelled against Yahweh's command and in your arrogance you marched up into the hill country. 44 The Amorites who lived in those hills came out against you; they chased you like a swarm of bees and beat you down from Seir all the way to Hormah. 45 You came back and wept before Yahweh, but he paid no attention to your weeping and turned a deaf ear to you. 46 And so you stayed in Kadesh many days--all the time you spent there. Hormah:Nu 21:3 Yahweh listened to Israel's plea and gave the Canaanites over to them. They completely destroyed them and their towns; so the place was named Hormah. Notes: You follow Yahweh wholeheartedly, Yahweh will lead you to the good land He swore to give your forefathers.