6 Days Of 15 Billion Years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
That passage has a whole different meaning... it does not actually relate to actualy days... you are mixing the context...

NO! You are in error! But you can believe as you want, you will see some day.

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
...the first day (1000 years), the second day (1000 years) , and so on. = 7000 years very simple!

I am inclined to agree with this too. The geology of the earth also fits this model better. Of course God could have made the animals, fishes, land masses, etc., in 24 hours… God could have made them in 24 seconds… But the evidence of the earth shows that there were larger periods of time than 24 hours.

Can the day be understood other than 24 hours? Absolutely; Peter tells us that this is categorically the case! “One day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day” (2 Peter 3:8). Are the days taken from man’s perspective, or God’s perspective? Since man did not exist on days 1 – 5; the day can only be taken from God’s perspective.

The idea of a gap between genesis 1:1 & 1:2 is a little creepy. It stinks of the whole “alien civilisation” ideology. Simply, if dry land didn’t appear until day 2, then how could there have been a civilisation on day 1? Were they all aquatic? The idea is silly.

God Bless
Steve

PS, your website looks interesting TomWebster, what is it about?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Yours is an opinion and an interpretation that is not widely shared in Christian circles. Science believes in an old age for earth because it is the only alternative to creation.

I'm not an evolutionist, so I'm not even talking about pseudo-science of evolutionists and misuse of dating methods. There's a creation gap in the fossil record that aligns perfectly with the unknown gap of time between God's original creation of Gen.1:1 and a destruction at Gen.1:2 when the earth was a waste and undistinguishable ruin (per Hebrew tovuw va bohuw), and then the renewing past Gen.1:2. A Christian geologist once thanked me for pointing that out from Genesis because of how he was having a difficult time reconciling the facts of geology he knew with his Church's preaching of a young 6,000 year old creation.

According to your belief, what came first… dry land or water? Science claims that dry land came first, but this is not what Genesis 1:1-2 says.

Yet it is exactly... what Gen.1:1 says. In the beginning God created the heavens (plural) AND THE EARTH.

There is no specific mention of the creation of earth matter past that Gen.1:1 verse. Those who say there is are the ones pushing opinion by assuming God was creating dry land when He moved those waters around that were already covering the pre-existing earth beneath. Science does not presume anything about the Genesis account, and pretty much treats it as a mythical story, mainly because of the popular opinion of Genesis 1 pushed about a young earth theory by many Churches.

Science believes the earth came about because of meteorites smashing into each other, eventually forming the mass we now have. The moon was made because a giant meteorite hit into the earth, and a chunk of earth broke off and formed the moon. This is the conventional wisdom of science!
Water is (apparently) a by-product of the elements fusing by atomic bonding. According to the table of elements, hydrogen came first, and then helium. Hydrogen is an ingredient of water. All of the base elements, like iron, gold, uranium, etc., came much after the development of water, which is produced by two gases; hydrogen and oxygen. Iron is the element which makes up the core of the earth, according to science.

Which do you say came first on earth… water or iron? Did dry land come first, or water? And, was the first dry land made out of Basalt or Granite?

Steve

I believe what's written there in God's Word of Genesis 1, that God moved waters that were overspread upon the earth from a prior event of destruction He brought upon the earth, and then He parted those waters, moving part of them up above the earth to form today's atmosphere sky around the earth, and leaving the rest of those waters upon the earth to form today's oceans and seas. That's how it is written. It is not written in Gen.1:2 that the earth was formless and empty; that was an interpretation and not the actual meaning of the Hebrew words tohuw va bohuw, which actually mean a ruin and a waste, i.e., something that was once in a good state going bad.

There are several other Scriptures in God's Word that point to that destruction of old at Gen.1:2. And in Isaiah 45:18, God said He did not create the earth tohuw (same word rendered as "without form" in KJV).

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evolution is only a theory, but it is the most plausible; albeit, incomplete understanding we have about the development of life on Earth. The Bible is not a science book.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Evolution is only a theory, but it is the most plausible; albeit, incomplete understanding we have about the development of life on Earth. The Bible is not a science book.

No way I could ever agree with that notion about evolution or about science.

God's Word in the Old Testament Books contain much... science. Doctors in the middle-ages eventually learned why God told the Levite priests to cleanse using 'running' water, instead of stagnant water in a bowl. Doctors in the middle-ages were trasmitting diseases from one patient to another by using the same water in a bowl to wash their hands in.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No way I could ever agree with that notion about evolution or about science.

God's Word in the Old Testament Books contain much... science. Doctors in the middle-ages eventually learned why God told the Levite priests to cleanse using 'running' water, instead of stagnant water in a bowl. Doctors in the middle-ages were trasmitting diseases from one patient to another by using the same water in a bowl to wash their hands in.

Why is it so important for you that the Bible contain truth in every field of study known to man? Seems to me that you are asking the Bible to be what it is not; therefore, setting yourself up for disappointment.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Why is it so important for you that the Bible contain truth in every field of study known to man? Seems to me that you are asking the Bible to be what it is not; therefore, setting yourself up for disappointment.

God's Word contains 'the' Truth concerning 'all' things, and rightly so since It was written by The One Who created all things.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
John 16:13-14
13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.
(KJV)

1 Cor 2:10-16
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
(KJV)

I Jn 2:20
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
(KJV)

John 14:16-17
16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(KJV)

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(KJV)

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
(KJV)

2 Pet 1:20-21
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
(KJV)

Since God's Holy Writ was given by inspiration of God, through The Holy Spirit, it would do well for the believer on Christ Jesus to recognize its transcendency over truth according to the world. Like the Psalmist said, God's commandments had made him wiser than his enemies, and to have more understanding than all his teachers (Ps.119).

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16:13-14
13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.
(KJV)

1 Cor 2:10-16
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
(KJV)

I Jn 2:20
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
(KJV)

John 14:16-17
16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(KJV)

John 14:26
26 But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(KJV)

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
(KJV)

2 Pet 1:20-21
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
(KJV)

Since God's Holy Writ was given by inspiration of God, through The Holy Spirit, it would do well for the believer on Christ Jesus to recognize its transcendency over truth according to the world. Like the Psalmist said, God's commandments had made him wiser than his enemies, and to have more understanding than all his teachers (Ps.119).

All spiritual things, which I agree are the most true, are found in the Bible, but all forms of truth? The Bible is not a math book; a physics book, an archaeology book, a biology book, an astronomy book, a marine biology book, a driver's manual, a finance book, or even a detailed psychology book. Yet, all areas of science and culture I mentioned contain truth.

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
The Bible is not a math book; a physics book, an archaeology book, a biology book, an astronomy book, a marine biology book, a driver's manual, a finance book, or even a detailed psychology book...

It would be nice if all the answers were found; I would like answers on Dark Matter and Dark Space; on Anti-Gravity; on Black and White Holes; on Quarks and Positrons; on the Earth's Magnetic Field, on Subduction and Convection; on Ocean Floor Spreading; on Composition of Planets; on appearances of the Seraphim; on the Gates of Hell...

If you find the bibles answers, please let me know.

Steve

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be nice if all the answers were found; I would like answers on Dark Matter and Dark Space; on Anti-Gravity; on Black and White Holes; on Quarks and Positrons; on the Earth's Magnetic Field, on Subduction and Convection; on Ocean Floor Spreading; on Composition of Planets; on appearances of the Seraphim; on the Gates of Hell...

If you find the bibles answers, please let me know.

Steve

I agree, it would be really great. But it would also be hard to live in a world without mystery or need for discovery or exploration. These needs are hardwired into the human psyche.

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
But it would also be hard to live in a world without mystery or need for discovery or exploration.

I love it that God has made the world like a treasure hunt. He wants us to discover all of the amazing treasures He planted everywhere we look. God is amazing!

Steve

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
All spiritual things, which I agree are the most true, are found in the Bible, but all forms of truth? The Bible is not a math book; a physics book, an archaeology book, a biology book, an astronomy book, a marine biology book, a driver's manual, a finance book, or even a detailed psychology book. Yet, all areas of science and culture I mentioned contain truth.

Lot of astronomy in the Book of Job, things that astronomers only later discovered.

Lot of archaeology in the Bible also, since lots of discoveries by archaeologists have come from historical information supplied in the Bible.

There's also a system of numbers within Scripture, and Acrostics. Hebrew Kabbalists call it Gematria.

Biological science is in agreement with Genesis 1, that water life originated first.

Basic principles of finance are definitely covered in the Bible by example.

As a matter of fact, the early colleges in America were started, and run, by the Church.

According to the Jewish historian Josephus, the sons of Seth built two pillars of stone to preserve knowledge prior to the flood of Noah's time. He said one was made of brick which no longer stood, and the other made of stone still standing in his day in Egypt (i.e., the Great Pyramid). Per Hebrew Gematria, the Isaiah 19:19 verse equals the exact height of the Great Pyramid in pyramid inches, with its original gold apex captstone included (per research done by Peter Thompkins).

Thus God's Word not only contains science, but actually transcends science in being more inclusive in a natural way, defining the basis of science and all truth.

Reactions: tomwebster

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot of astronomy in the Book of Job, things that astronomers only later discovered.

Lot of archaeology in the Bible also, since lots of discoveries by archaeologists have come from historical information supplied in the Bible.

There's also a system of numbers within Scripture, and Acrostics. Hebrew Kabbalists call it Gematria.

Biological science is in agreement with Genesis 1, that water life originated first.

Basic principles of finance are definitely covered in the Bible by example.

As a matter of fact, the early colleges in America were started, and run, by the Church.

According to the Jewish historian Josephus, the sons of Seth built two pillars of stone to preserve knowledge prior to the flood of Noah's time. He said one was made of brick which no longer stood, and the other made of stone still standing in his day in Egypt (i.e., the Great Pyramid). Per Hebrew Gematria, the Isaiah 19:19 verse equals the exact height of the Great Pyramid in pyramid inches, with its original gold apex captstone included (per research done by Peter Thompkins).

Thus God's Word not only contains science, but actually transcends science in being more inclusive in a natural way, defining the basis of science and all truth.

References to scientific ideas is a far cry from a manual or textbook or even a brief introduction to science and technology.