6 Days Of Covid. A Real Test of my Faith!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had no taste or smell all 6 days and I have been feeling a strong internal emotional battle of my faith. I have even had thoughts of rather being dead than suffering through this awful virus. Questioning God and his power.

I must come to terms with whatever my fate will be, wether I get my taste and smell back or not. Although at one point my attitude was, if I never get these senses back why live any longer!

At this time listening to the scriptures has been a very great help in strengthening my resolve in this matter. At the end of the day our lives are as a wind that passes by.

And I guess it could be worse, at least I can still breathe.

And my eternal everlasting home awaits!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had no taste or smell all 6 days and I have been feeling a strong internal emotional battle of my faith. I have even had thoughts of rather being dead than suffering through this awful virus. Questioning God and his power.

I must come to terms with whatever my fate will be, wether I get my taste and smell back or not. Although at one point my attitude was, if I never get these senses back why live any longer!

At this time listening to the scriptures has been a very great help in strengthening my resolve in this matter. At the end of the day our lives are as a wind that passes by.

Before you know it yours senses will slowly be regained. You can count on it. Take lots of fluids, Vitamins, Zinc, even soups and herbal teas with ginger and or lemon. And relax and rest as you have been doing with scripture.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because you have a duty to serve God, brother. I know we don't interact much, but I've seen you around, and I agree with APAK's post. Your senses will come back, so I wouldn't despair if I were you. But you have a greater responsibility before God either way.

Fight against it, rather than giving into it. As he said, take some fluids and rest, and stay in the word, and in faith.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

yes it does my friend . Our home awaits the lambs . Let the Lord be praised and thanked . You will be prayed for my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a bigger test of our faith is coming and much sooner and much faster than most folks realize .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So sorry, Michiah.

Father, please be with Michiah during this time. please comfort him and thank You that You are Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. I pray for complete healing in Jesus Name and that he will grow in faith as he waits on You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

So December 5th would be two weeks since my husband had got the covid. He plans to return to work Monday and has been doing much better. We were really blessed. Neither me nor the kids got it even though we did not stay in separate rooms or anything. I want to encourage you that I've known so many who have gotten the covid and have recovered. God brought them through just like God is bringing you through.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you, brother.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. Too many of the churches think taking the vaccine is more important than believing in that only the Lord Jesus saves and getting the gospel out to people.
Speaking of the vaccine there are some places that are already not allowing folks to shop without the shot .
It aint hard to see where this mindset is leading and it aint to hard to see that our idenity will be linked to it .
COURSE they said that themselves . THEN i remember what sweden was doing for IDENTITY , taking a chip
DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"We were under a burden far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, we felt we were under the sentence of death, in order that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God, who raises the dead." 2 Corinthians 1:8-9

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla

So ... ARE you vaccinated?
It doesn't matter now. Whether vaccinated or not, he'll have natural immunity to a very large extent after this, and he will not have to deal with any potential side effects, long or short term, of a new and untested vaccine.

I'm actually kind of glad I got Covid. Then I got it again and the second time around was a nothing burger. And I'm not thinking about or dealing with any side effects of a vaccine I never got. It wasn't fun when I had it the first time, but I actually think God took me down a good path with all of this.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please respect this forum for what it is...a prayer forum...nothing should be discussed or debated here unless it is offering prayer, encouragement, sharing personal testimony related to the OP or simply responding to the person who is asking for prayer.
Thank You.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before you know it yours senses will slowly be regained. You can count on it. Take lots of fluids, Vitamins, Zinc, even soups and herbal teas with ginger and or lemon. And relax and rest as you have been doing with scripture.

The strangest thing of this virus is that no matter who much water I drink I always feel dry and patched. But thanks for the tips my friend!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you have a duty to serve God, brother. I know we don't interact much, but I've seen you around, and I agree with APAK's post. Your senses will come back, so I wouldn't despair if I were you. But you have a greater responsibility before God either way.

Fight against it, rather than giving into it. As he said, take some fluids and rest, and stay in the word, and in faith.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Yes, brother, yes!

Absolutely!

Fighting on in the name of Lord!