7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Including Kingdom Hall victims who don't even believe their own JW bible that says Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting!
We just got some new light. No need to tell you though. you are a mocker. One who has chosen to stand in opposition to the only true God and remains in darkness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOW~ I have a couple of unexplained questions and this is one of them.... perhap there are some opinions out there.

A. We celebrate the birth of the christ child on December 25 and the date of that never changes from year to year. We also know He was not born on that date nor in the month of December. But world wide
this is an accepted time..... EXCEPT for the Orthodox who celebrate it on Jan. 7 in 19 countries and Jan. 6 in 2 countries.

So why was December 25 picked as there is not one biblical reference that would suggest this.

This link from History.com may shed a light. (It is a very insightful read.)

What say you?

Yes, the early Christian fathers considered it evangelism to commandeer certain Pagan holidays, among which are Christmas and Easter.

They should have done the same with Halloween, even dedicating it to "the dead in Christ." It would have been a profitable teaching opportunity.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.​

I have ZERO issue with PEOPLE acknowledging the remembrance of Christ Jesus’ from His Birth, to His Death, to His Resurrection, to His Accession, and Anticipation of His Return.

I have ZERO issue with PEOPLE being Thankful for a bountiful Harvest.

I have ZERO issue with PEOPLE (strangers included) willfully giving other PEOPLE gifts of (money, debt relief, food, treats, apparel, tangible items, etc.)

It is wholly silly to presume Remembrances, Gift Giving’s, Thankfulness’, was or is, LIMITED to a particular ancient, historical or modern PEOPLE’S beliefs, cultures or common HUMAN Behavior.

It is further silly to NOT acknowledge the multiple CHANGES men have EFFECTED to Widly accepted CALENDARS, for EASE purposes such as (Conducting Business transactions, Outdoor works with day light, school children coming and going to schools in day the light…world wide primarily adding, subtracting, days, hours, and calling it a solar Calendar, from Calculations called Greewich mean time.

Scripture itself established days to Remember, according to a Lunar Cycle.

Scripture itself established Spirits to Remember, People to Remember.

Scripture itself established willing Debt relief, Gathering to Eat, Offerings, Gift Givings …

I do not care about precise DATES.
I do not care what person, group, takes or is given credit for doing this or that.

The importance to me IS…God Himself IS the FIRST Giver and Praising and Thanking the Lord God for any and all blessing you are able TO Give or TO Receive IS the Highlight.

Glory to God,
Taken
:woohoo!::woot:

Reactions: Taken

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So called Pagan holidays re Christianized by the church that then campaigned and gave false histories to those whom they slaughtered and oppressed.

Today's Christian holidays are just that.Christian. Pagan tradition actually has no part in them.
Boo!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Birthdays were not even celebrated in the Scriptures by Jews or Christians.

Hey Cassandra!

Did you know that generally, the Feast days of the Saints of the Church is the day that we are celebrating their birthdays into Heaven?

Pax et Bonum!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a born again Christian. I honour Jesus' birth, death and resurrection because without them I would still be a sinner unreconciled with God. Now Christians can honour these events at any time of the year but it is lovely to know that at certain times we are all honouring them at the same time together as the Church of Christ - his body.

Obviously we all know that wasn't the actual date of his birth but since nobody knows for certain what that is we have it as his 'official' birthday - a bit like the UK monarchs have real birthdays celebrated by family and personal friends and also official public ones.

People can call it what they want but the reason for these 'celebration' is Jesus and if it's about him then it's not wrong.

Only people who don't understand that would call it pagan.
Yes its true we do not know the actual date he was born . We can still honor it .
we can honor passover , ressurection and etc too .
BUT do not put the pagan into it . does that make sense .
Me and some others do celebrate christmas , but not like the many do , cause many put the pagan stuff into it .
Pagan things dont honor GOD , they actually anger Him . SO yes we can celebrate these days
but KEEP the pagan out of it .

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We just got some new light. No need to tell you though. you are a mocker. One who has chosen to stand in opposition to the only true God and remains in darkness.
I'm not a Kingdom Hall victim. Jesus is the only true God. The JW bible says so!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a friendly , but dire necessary reminder to all on this thread ,
Keep the pagan out of it .
Let me remind us of something else .
WHEN JESUS taught us to pray HE said
Our FATHER who art in heaven HALLOWED by YOUR NAME .
HELLOWEEN wont be hallowed on my watch . I dont hallow satans name and no man should . Touch not
the unclean wicked festival peroid . IT aint hallow , it honors sins and witchcraft , the day of the dead
and all sorts of evil things . SO from here on out
lets try and call it by its propername . HELLOWEEN .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.​

I have ZERO issue with PEOPLE acknowledging the remembrance of Christ Jesus’ from His Birth, to His Death, to His Resurrection, to His Accession, and Anticipation of His Return.

I have ZERO issue with PEOPLE being Thankful for a bountiful Harvest.

I have ZERO issue with PEOPLE (strangers included) willfully giving other PEOPLE gifts of (money, debt relief, food, treats, apparel, tangible items, etc.)

It is wholly silly to presume Remembrances, Gift Giving’s, Thankfulness’, was or is, LIMITED to a particular ancient, historical or modern PEOPLE’S beliefs, cultures or common HUMAN Behavior.

It is further silly to NOT acknowledge the multiple CHANGES men have EFFECTED to Widly accepted CALENDARS, for EASE purposes such as (Conducting Business transactions, Outdoor works with day light, school children coming and going to schools in day the light…world wide primarily adding, subtracting, days, hours, and calling it a solar Calendar, from Calculations called Greewich mean time.

Scripture itself established days to Remember, according to a Lunar Cycle.

Scripture itself established Spirits to Remember, People to Remember.

Scripture itself established willing Debt relief, Gathering to Eat, Offerings, Gift Givings …

I do not care about precise DATES.
I do not care what person, group, takes or is given credit for doing this or that.

The importance to me IS…God Himself IS the FIRST Giver and Praising and Thanking the Lord God for any and all blessing you are able TO Give or TO Receive IS the Highlight.

Glory to God,
Taken
Very well said.

• Love
Reactions: Taken

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a friendly , but dire necessary reminder to all on this thread ,
Keep the pagan out of it .
Let me remind us of something else .
WHEN JESUS taught us to pray HE said
Our FATHER who art in heaven HALLOWED by YOUR NAME .
HELLOWEEN wont be hallowed on my watch . I dont hallow satans name and no man should . Touch not
the unclean wicked festival peroid . IT aint hallow , it honors sins and witchcraft , the day of the dead
and all sorts of evil things . SO from here on out
lets try and call it by its propername . HELLOWEEN .
It amazes me how you and others here seek to instigate hatred against a community of people you know not one thing about.

And are so self righteous, that you and others refuse,and are proud even of this, not to even begin to educate your ignorance.

Hate screeds,bigotry,such as you and others promote,is the act of Satan,and sin,repeatedly.

Further,and this is obvious to those who are not afraid of educating themselves, or is that Satanic too?

Neither Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving for that matter, or our birthdays, fall on the Pagans celebration dates of Autumnal Equinox, Samhain, nor Yule.

Which means Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter and Christmas, are ours. Not theirs.

So too are birthdays. Which,contrary to the opinion of some, give thanks to God for giving us life, as his breath made us a living soul.

So stop with the lies and slander of ignorance. Give GOD ALL THE CREDIT,for being God.

Instead of insisting dates Christians recognize as Thanksgiving,Easter, HALLOWEEN, and Christ's Mass, and our date of birth,are either fun for the kiddies who typically play dress up and pretend to be characters most other times of year, or are opportunities to give thanks for the bounty at our respective tables, or are giving thanks to Father God for blessing us with baby Jesus, and then raising him from the dead.

Just as we are when we believe in the good news born of those two calendar days we later honor and give thanks for our blessed salvation.

Constantly claiming we stole Pagans celebrations for ourselves is false. And is incredibly disrespectful to Christ.

Our celebration days are our way of entertaining kiddies,or honoring God and giving thanks for his grace.

Don't foul that by giving Pagans first place,and us as those who paint a veneer over the supposed rites of Satan. Righteousness stepping onto the supposed cloven hoofprints of God's adversary, is just silly.

Condemning celebration Christians honor that are dates not at all related to the Pagan calendar, is slander against the church.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the early Christian fathers considered it evangelism to commandeer certain Pagan holidays, among which are Christmas and Easter.

They should have done the same with Halloween, even dedicating it to "the dead in Christ." It would have been a profitable teaching opportunity.
Would you dress up in drag to witness to drag queens about Jesus .
Would you walk around kissing a man and holding hands with said man to witness to gays about JESUS
Would you punch out old ladies and men to witness to those with anger issues who did such things
about JESUS .
THEN WHY THE HECK would we particpate in that which honors satan , paganism , TO WITNESS about JESUS .
WHY would we dress up on helloween to witness to the lost .
WHY would we blend the pagan into that which is holy and then use the excuse it can help win souls .
WOULD you stand up in church and to make a liar feel comfortable tell lies
Would you to win a pedophile to Christ , start rubbing on children and say things like We welcome all .
SOMETHING has went DEAD WRONG in todays evangelism . The RCC is satans child
but its not his only child .
WOULD you hold up signs of murdered people and say We welcome all murderes here .
SO why does the church hold up rainbow banners under the guise of tolerance .
WOULD YOU , would you organize a team of leaders
to get up and put pictures of naked children in order to make pedophiles feel love and accepted in your church .
I PRAY TO GOD folks wake the heckup and fast and realize SEEKER FRIENDLY which led to all incluisve
IS NOT LOVE , NOR OF GOD but IS OF THE DEVIL

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It amazes me how you and others here seek to instigate hatred against a community of people you know not one thing about.

And are so self righteous, that you and others refuse,and are proud even of this, not to even begin to educate your ignorance.

Hate screeds,bigotry,such as you and others promote,is the act of Satan,and sin,repeatedly.

Further,and this is obvious to those who are not afraid of educating themselves, or is that Satanic too?

Neither Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving for that matter, or our birthdays, fall on the Pagans celebration dates of Autumnal Equinox, Samhain, nor Yule.

Which means Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter and Christmas, are ours. Not theirs.

So too are birthdays. Which,contrary to the opinion of some, give thanks to God for giving us life, as his breath made us a living soul.

So stop with the lies and slander of ignorance. Give GOD ALL THE CREDIT,for being God.

Instead of insisting dates Christians recognize as Thanksgiving,Easter, HALLOWEEN, and Christ's Mass, and our date of birth,are either fun for the kiddies who typically play dress up and pretend to be characters most other times of year, or are opportunities to give thanks for the bounty at our respective tables, or are giving thanks to Father God for blessing us with baby Jesus, and then raising him from the dead.

Just as we are when we believe in the good news born of those two calendar days we later honor and give thanks for our blessed salvation.

Constantly claiming we stole Pagans celebrations for ourselves is false. And is incredibly disrespectful to Christ.

Our celebration days are our way of entertaining kiddies,or honoring God and giving thanks for his grace.

Don't foul that by giving Pagans first place,and us as those who paint a veneer over the supposed rites of Satan. Righteousness stepping onto the supposed cloven hoofprints of God's adversary, is just silly.

Condemning celebration Christians honor that are dates not at all related to the Pagan calendar, is slander against the church.
I keep looking for scripture to correct me from your writing , but i cant seem to find any .
AND , what DID i say . I SAID we can HONOR christmas , passover which some call easter
WE JUST cant bring the pagan TRASH of satan into it .
AND as far as helloween . YEAH i said HELLOWEEN cause i wont use hallow in that wicked festival
which in no way or form should any christain partake of .
What lies did i say . PLease by all means tell me . I stand ready for correction .
DID I NOT say that i myself celebrate christmas , passover , ressurection , AND YES we dont know the actual days of any of it .
I said i even do that . I JUST SAID dont bring the pagan into it . BUT if i be in error , BY all means
a whole lot less of emotions and rather biblical scripture DO BRING . You are loved my friend .
BUT DO SHOW ME in scripture where i am wrong . PS , dont run to a pastor , run rather into the bible and bring that doctrine
to show me my error . Dont run to what seemeth or feeleth right either , for there is a way that seems , that feels right to
man but the end is death . SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE MY ERROR . PLEASE do so cause if i be in error , i sure dont want to be in error

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ps i celebrate thanksgiving too . just no pagan do i bring into it .
Now hurry and get in the bible and show me by scripture my error . Hurry cause i sure dont want to be in error .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep looking for scripture to correct me from your writing , but i cant seem to find any .
AND , what DID i say . I SAID we can HONOR christmas , passover which some call easter
WE JUST cant bring the pagan TRASH of satan into it .
AND as far as helloween . YEAH i said HELLOWEEN cause i wont use hallow in that wicked festival
which in no way or form should any christain partake of .
What lies did i say . PLease by all means tell me . I stand ready for correction .
DID I NOT say that i myself celebrate christmas , passover , ressurection , AND YES we dont know the actual days of any of it .
I said i even do that . I JUST SAID dont bring the pagan into it . BUT if i be in error , BY all means
a whole lot less of emotions and rather biblical scripture DO BRING . You are loved my friend .
BUT DO SHOW ME in scripture where i am wrong . PS , dont run to a pastor , run rather into the bible and bring that doctrine
to show me my error . Dont run to what seemeth or feeleth right either , for there is a way that seems , that feels right to
man but the end is death . SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE MY ERROR . PLEASE do so cause if i be in error , i sure dont want to be in error

Your imagination is all that can bring Paganism into Christians celebration.

And when you admit you can't find Scripture to support education or God's primacy,given the degree of hatred you display for ancient people God said we are to love, I believe you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your imagination is all that can bring Paganism into Christians celebration.

And when you admit you can't find Scripture to support education or God's primacy,given the degree of hatred you display for ancient people God said we are to love, I believe you.
To love dont mean we accept that which is pagan . Love actually corrects
And as far as my imagination i can show you a whole lot of paganism in christmas and easter
and as far as helloween , that should stand alone as evil .
WHEN we celebrate christmas , WHAT are we supposed to be remembering and celebrating
THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST . NOT A LIE , not a lie that tells of an imaginary all knowing entity
that knows all about us , KNOWN AS SANTA CLAUSE ,
THE LAST TIME I CHECKED ONLY GOD KNOWS ALL ABOUT US .
And what is it we are teaching our children , A LIE . GO ahead tell me ITS TRUE there is this all knowing man
in the north pole that knows EVERYTHING about us .
And as far as christmas trees and etc , I SUGGEST you do some research about WHERE that comes from .
And dont even begin to get me talking about some of them christmas songs we all sang around the tree .
O ancient YULETIDE . DO YA you even know what YULETIDE IS or was .
As for easter , DO you even know what the bunny represents or the eggs .
OOPSY . LIKE i said DONT BRING THE PAGAN INTO IT .
SURE i remember christmas , AND i keep it real simple . ITS SIMPLY about the birth of JESUS
NOTHING ELSE pagan .
SURE i remember the passover and the ressurection . AGAIN i honor his death and ressurection
NOT THE PAGAN CRAP they put into it .
As far as thanksgiving , that one perhaps is the most simple one of all . NOT much pagan can i find in it .
DID YOU know that before the first thanksgiving in america was , THE CHURCH had long
celebrated a certain day known as thanksgiving . They fasted the whole day
they prayed to GOD , they came together and all said what they were thankful for .
THEN they had a huge meal together honoring GOD . LIKE i said i do not attack folks because
they rememeber The birth of CHRIST , his death or his ressurection . BUT KEEP THE PAGAN DUNG out of it .
PAGAN dont honor GOD . IT makes him angry and SPECIALLY if we try and PUT HIS NAME IN IT .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To love dont mean we accept that which is pagan . Love actually corrects
And as far as my imagination i can show you a whole lot of paganism in christmas and easter
and as far as helloween , that should stand alone as evil .
WHEN we celebrate christmas , WHAT are we supposed to be remembering and celebrating
THE BIRTH OF JESUS CHRIST . NOT A LIE , not a lie that tells of an imaginary all knowing entity
that knows all about us , KNOWN AS SANTA CLAUSE ,
THE LAST TIME I CHECKED ONLY GOD KNOWS ALL ABOUT US .
And what is it we are teaching our children , A LIE . GO ahead tell me ITS TRUE there is this all knowing man
in the north pole that knows EVERYTHING about us .
And as far as christmas trees and etc , I SUGGEST you do some research about WHERE that comes from .
And dont even begin to get me talking about some of them christmas songs we all sang around the tree .
O ancient YULETIDE . DO YA you even know what YULETIDE IS or was .
As for easter , DO you even know what the bunny represents or the eggs .
OOPSY . LIKE i said DONT BRING THE PAGAN INTO IT .
SURE i remember christmas , AND i keep it real simple . ITS SIMPLY about the birth of JESUS
NOTHING ELSE pagan .
SURE i remember the passover and the ressurection . AGAIN i honor his death and ressurection
NOT THE PAGAN CRAP they put into it .
As far as thanksgiving , that one perhaps is the most simple one of all . NOT much pagan can i find in it .
DID YOU know that before the first thanksgiving in america was , THE CHURCH had long
celebrated a certain day known as thanksgiving . They fasted the whole day
they prayed to GOD , they came together and all said what they were thankful for .
THEN they had a huge meal together honoring GOD . LIKE i said i do not attack folks because
they rememeber The birth of CHRIST , his death or his ressurection . BUT KEEP THE PAGAN DUNG out of it .
PAGAN dont honor GOD . IT makes him angry and SPECIALLY if we try and PUT HIS NAME IN IT .
Now you're showing your real face.

And you are full of hate,and proudly ignorant.

For you Pagan = Satan.

Like I said, education is not Satanic. While slander,bigotry,and hate,as you display as one who actually knows nothing of the people
you hate, is.

There's nothing more to discuss. You shall never learn.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're showing your real face.

And you are full of hate,and proudly ignorant.

For you Pagan = Satan.

Like I said, education is not Satanic. While slander,bigotry,and hate,as you display as one who actually knows nothing of the people
you hate, is.

There's nothing more to discuss. You shall never learn.
There is plenty to discuss, IF it comes from the scriptures and dont contradict them .