7 reasons why Peter was not perfect after Pentecost and was guilty of sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he's just trying to "prove" that no one can stop sinning.

Much love!
I believe we are not sinless but believers do sin less and wrestle against it whereas it was natural prior to the new birth. Believers love God and hate sin. We love the things God loves and hate the things God hates since we have the Holy Spirit in us we can know and understand the things of the Spirit. The battle is real and I have no apologies to make for recognizing their is a real enemy out there and we need to put on the full armor of God as per Paul instructions in Ephesians 6. That is not to excuse our own sinful desires and blame those on the devil. We need to recognize the difference between those types of temptations of the flesh and those of the enemy. The warfare is real whether or not we want to admit their is a real spiritual battle happening daily.

hope this helps !!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words mean what they mean in context. To call someone a "sinner" in one context has to do with a person who willfully pursues the sin nature, and does not attempt to overcome it with righteousness.

In another context, the idea of a "sinner" may simply have to do with identifying him with the rest of the human race, all of whom are tainted with the sin nature, and may have nothing to do with the choice to pursue sinning as a lifestyle.

So we have 2 different senses of "sinner," depending on the context. In one case, all men are "sinners," because all have the sin nature, both saint and sinner. And in another sense, the "sinner" is one who pursues sin as a lifestyle--something saints do not do.

Even the saint is a "sinner" in one sense. In another he is not. I hope you recognize the difference!
Amen!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed and the bible does not paint a good picture of the saints in both testaments but reveals their human weaknesses. Point being we all need Gods grace and mercy for none of us are perfect/ sinless although we strive to be like Him in obedience and yielding our will to His will.
Um . . . perhaps trying the same exercise . . . read everything the Bibe says about Peter, and tell me if you still think he was a bozo.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we are not sinless

Well I don't believe ANY Human is Sin-LESS.
But UNDERHANDLY...that claim is repeatedly "CLAIMED"....by one person "SPEAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS" for another person.

but believers do sin less and wrestle against it whereas it was natural prior to the new birth.

As Scripture Reveals...
I see a Division. (A fence if you will...)
•One side...Converted IN Christ
•Others side...All others.

•Converted IN Christ...expressly Defined "IN" Christ.
•All Others...under the guise of their "titles", Christian, Catholics, Baptists, Spiritualists, Believers, Water Baptized, Man-made Church Member...blah, blah
"None" of those "Titles" express a Biblical Revealing of "Converted IN Christ".

•Converted "IN" Christ...expressly "Forgiven" BY the Lord God, For their SIN AGAINST God, For "having NOT Believed" (and their subsequent Confessed belief) IN Him, His Word, Jesus, and His Almighty Power, Christ.

I have repented TO my Lord God.
He has Forgiven the Whole of me (Body, soul, spirit) of my SIN AGAINST The Whole of Him.

Did my Forgiveness... MAKE me Sin-LESS...?
Not at All.
It made my SIN AGAINST Him Forgiven.
It made me (by His Power) Never Again Able To SIN (Disbelieve) Against the Lord God Almighty.

That was Offered to me BY the Lord...
I accepted His Offer.
I am forgiven (wholly, Body, soul, spirit) and Free From Ever Again Sinning Against my Lord God.

Believers

A generic term.

love God and hate sin. We love the things God loves and hate the things God hates since we have the Holy Spirit in us we can know and understand the things of the Spirit.

The battle is real and I have no apologies to make for recognizing their is a real enemy out there and we need to put on the full armor of God as per Paul instructions in Ephesians 6.

Well aware the Battle IS Real.
Well aware Trickery and Deceit is "cloaked" in "general terms" and worms it Confidance into the hearts and minds of those IN Christ.

Discover the number of "church MEMBER" congregates; Priests; Preachers; .... "Years after the Fact of proclaiming (the generic term BELIEF...) announcing to NEVER having had Believed.
Ya personally...I prefer the Truth upfront...without relying on a presumptive "generic" term.

That is not to excuse our own "sinful desires"

• That statement is an absolute Condunrum to me...

• Maybe you could Identify what a "sinful desire is"...an example maybe?

those "types of temptations" of the flesh...

• Maybe you could expound on the "types"...examples?

Glory to God,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He judged Peter , do you disagree with him if not why not ?

if so why ?

I don't think judged is the right word. It's not used in the account in Scripture. It seems you intend to present Peter as a sinful man under judgment by Paul, but I'm not going to join you.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not to excuse our own sinful desires
Do you desire sin?

Please don't just overlook this question as if I'm trying to be snide. But I don't believe the new creation desires sin in the slightest!

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And quit reading into things I never said nor implied. I'm not going to take the bait ..................

You can go fishing in other waters today as I have no interest in rabbit trails...............

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And quit reading into things I never said nor implied. I'm not going to take the bait ..................

You can go fishing in other waters today as I have no interest in rabbit trails...............

Assuming this is to me - who knows? - it's a pity you don't want to get into the meat of the discussion! But that seems to be the pattern whenever I start to dig into the details with you.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said it did.

next........................
Do you desire to sin?

You don't have to answer me.

This is to make a point.

The new creation does not desire sin, the old man does. Who are you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rabbit trails...............
Call it what you want . . . just the same . . . you've started a thread to refute the notion that someone could live without sinning, using a passage from Galatians.

Do you desire to sin?

(for myself, no)

Can you refrain from sin for 5 minutes?

(for myself, I think yes, though I'm not the true judge)

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And quit reading into things I never said nor implied.
What are you thinking I'm reading into your words? Generally I'm a rather careful reader. Something specific? Or just a general statement against?

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming this is to me - who knows? - it's a pity you don't want to get into the meat of the discussion! But that seems to be the pattern whenever I start to dig into the details with you.

Much love!
no that is not true as I'm ALWAYS on the receiving end of all the questions which are a constant barrage on your part. It doesn't end up as a discussion but an interrogation as I'm put on the witness stand and you become the prosecuting attorney.

That is how I see it being played out all the time. I'm eating my lunch and all of a sudden I get a half a dozen notifications all from you.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no that is not true as I'm ALWAYS on the receiving end of all the questions which are a constant barrage on your part. It doesn't end up as a discussion but an interrogation as I'm put on the witness stand and you become the prosecuting attorney.

That is how I see it being played out all the time. I'm eating my lunch and all of a sudden I get a half a dozen notifications all from you.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.
That IS something to make one go Hmmm.

Sorry you feel so harrassed! But this IS a discussion forum.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've discussed the OP at length and I'm not repeating myself so enjoy the reading as I've answered the questions you've been asking.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not challenging hypocrisy.
I'm challenging The OP declaring Peter's behavoir a sin.
Tell me what Jesus thinks about hypocrisy after reading Matthew 23.

After-all Jesus is the Truth and the Standard for Truth.

Thanks !