9-23-2023 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Dalmires “See Here Is Water” Acts 8;36-39

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9-23-2023 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Dalmires “See Here Is Water” Acts 8;36-39, Matthew 28;19. Colossians 2;11-12

God bless you everyone. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. If you have breath in your lungs praise the Lord. I want to tell you of a story that is found in the book of Acts. In the text the Eunuch says “See here is water, what stops me from being baptized?” Philip said if you believe in Jesus then you can be. Eunuch said I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. This is a wonderful event that happened and the Lord told me to preach on it because I learned that someone is being baptized today. I had asked the Lord to tell me what to preach on and then I later learned of the baptism. See, you ask and you shall receive. You knock and the door will be opened. This story came to my mind instantly. The Eunuch and Philip.

Now Philip was a prophet of God and a very humble, obedient man of God. The Eunuch was the Queen of Ethiopia’s right hand man. He was in charge of a lot of things. Now this Eunuch came across the book of Isaiah. On the road riding in his chariot, he was reading the book of Isaiah. Sometimes when we read the Word of God, we don’t understand everything and that’s okay. The Holy Spirit will give us understanding and knowledge. When the Eunuch was reading the book of Isaiah, he wasn’t understanding everything. As Philip came down the road, he asked the Eunuch what was he reading. He said the book of Isaiah and Philip asked him if he understood it. The Eunuch said no and wanted Philip to explain it to him. So Philip began to explain to the Eunuch the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Now the book of Isaiah goes back and forth with the beginning of man and then up to the New Testament. It kind of explains both sides, the Old Testament and the New Testament. Philip chose to explain to him the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Eunuch, in his heart, received every word because why would he say “see the water, what stops me from being baptized?” As a young teenager I can remember being baptized and it was a beautiful experience to know I was going to be baptized. I was young then and later on in life I backslid but then came back to God. I asked my dad if I needed to be baptized again and he said no. He said no because I will always be a child of God. I was already baptized and even though I went out and now I’m coming back in, I will always be a child of God. This was a beautiful feeling to know this and to hear it from my dad. The same is true for you even if you are not baptized or you are baptized. Baptism is a public thing. The Eunuch wanted to go to the water to be baptized. He wanted to make it a personal thing with Christ and a public thing to everyone else.

Three Points of Baptism

1) Baptism is a True Confession of Knowing Who is God and Receiving Him as Your Personal Savior:

This is a true commitment and nothing to play around with because God is a jealous God. You can’t serve two masters. You can’t have one foot in and one foot out. You begin a journey of faith, united in Christ. We renounce service to sin and give our loyalty and service to God. You renounce sin and everything you did back then, you let go. You let it go and give your loyalty to God. Our loyalty to Christ should be day and night and night and day.

2) Obeying God’s Commands:

This can be hard for some people. Sometimes it is easy for us and sometimes it is hard for us. We are still living in this flesh and temptation is going to come because the devil is going to throw it at you. It is up to you to have faith in God that you can overcome the temptation and that you can say No to the temptation. No to cigarettes, No to alcohol, No to cursing. Blessings, praises and cursing cannot come out of the same mouth. Have faith in your God. He is Mighty!

3) Baptism Is Making Our Commitment To God Public:

When the Eunuch said see there is water, he wanted to make it public. That is what our sister is doing today by being baptized. She is making it public so that every eye can see. It is like when John the Baptist baptized Jesus. John said the Lamb of God has come. Jesus made it public because it is a command of God to be baptized and others are supposed to see it. It’s a command and even children can get baptized as long as they believe that Jesus died on the Cross for them. Jesus died on the Cross for ALL of us. Yes He did. Glory be to God the Father and to Jesus Christ the Son of God. Surrender to the King.

AMEN