99.9999% of all professing Christian's aren't saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. Luke 7:47

So the question is....what kind of sins do you think the average Christian commits?
Forgivable ones.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to be a downer but we must be reminded that God only saved 8 people from the flood. It is estimated that the population on earth could have been as high as 1 billion at the time of the flood almost 2000 years after Adam.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to be a downer but we must be reminded that God only saved 8 people from the flood. It is estimated that the population on earth could have been as high 1 billion at the time of the flood almost 2000 years after Adam.

I am not sure what you are getting at and I do not want to assume.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pew Research says there are estimated to be 2.3 billion Christians on the earth out of 8 billion or near-total population. I would guess that out of those who claim to be Christians only make that claim because their mother told them they were, nothing but a check the box on a form because they knew they were not a Muslim or Buddist or Hindu or Rap Artist. Being very generous I would guess that out of the 2.3 billion who checked that box I would say less than half truly are (just guessing). If so that is 1.15 billion Christians in a population of 8 billion. That would be about 12% of the population. A narrow road relatively speaking indeed.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what you are getting at and I do not want to assume.
First, I know it's not the same thing I'm just pointing out if you and I were hanging out in 1999 BC eating a rabbit on a stick and speculating on how many God was going to save from the flood we both most likely would have guessed a higher number.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I know it's not the same thing I'm just pointing out if you and I were hanging out in 1999 BC eating a rabbit on a stick and speculating on how many God was going to save from the flood we both most likely would have guessed a higher number.

We might not have known the scripture either.....thanks for the rabbit, got any gravy for that.
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Genesis 6:13

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hate to be a downer but we must be reminded that God only saved 8 people from the flood. It is estimated that the population on earth could have been as high as 1 billion at the time of the flood almost 2000 years after Adam.

Pretty sure it was nowhere near 1 billion.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pretty sure it was nowhere near 1 billion.
Look, I was there counting them....the animals included, however due to paper shortage, ahhhhh, bark ie and poor quality crayons, I might have been out by one or two.....ahhhhh, let me just check my facts; one or two rabbits....they're quick you know!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A distinct minority in comparison to the world. Not a minority when it comes to professing Christians imo. Christ said "many" will try to enter and not be able to. He didn't say "most" will not be able to enter.

I sure hope you are correct sir. The Bible does indicate that all who have not "sinned against the holy spirit will be resurrected, which of course is the vast majority of mankind. But we don't really look to a lot of survivors coming out of the great tribulation. Jesus compared the upcoming destruction to Noah's day, in which there were only a few survivors in compared to the world population.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Not only what you posted here, also in Romans 9:27 there were so many millions of Jews they were metaphorically compared to grains of sand of the sea yet only a small remnant would be saved (3,000 in Acts 2 at Pentecost). So even Biblical precedent indicates only a small minority of accountable adults to be saved....God's people have been in, are in the minority.
In Paul's epistle to the Ephesians, to bring unity to this congregation Paul gave them seven ones that make up the foundation of Christianity, (Ephesians 4:3-6). Two of those 'ones' is one body/one church (Ephesians 5:23; Colossians 1:18) and one faith. Christ established one church that goes by one system of faith. Christ did not establish denominationalism with 1000's of fake "churchES" that go by 1000's of contradicting faithS. John 17:17 God's word is truth and truth never contradicts itself. On judgement day, only those in this one body who possessed that one faith will hear the words "well done, thou good and faithful servant...enter thou into the joy of thy lord." While all the rest will hear "I never knew you, depart from Me" no matter how sincere or zealous they were in what they believed. Since 1=1 I would say the OP is not incorrect in the 99% estimate. (Matthew 7:13) .. few there be that find it....the proportion of those saved is said to be few compared to those lost. The narrowness of the gate shows there are certain commands, requirements, necessities that must be meet to enter and most people who ever lived will reject them taking the easy road to condemnation.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ not powerful enough?

Yes but it must be in order
You can just claim “I’m born again” “I’m saved” don’t make you born again or saved!

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Proof of true faith is humble s humble subjection and obedience to Christ and His holy church!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys,
What did the feed all the big cats and wolves?
Manna? Maybe the other five clean animals? Who knows. Good question. Maybe he put them in a state of hibernation. Maybe it was a DNA data base instead of actual animals who knows. We see through the glass dimly on Earth. All I know is if God said it, it happened.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys,
What did the feed all the big cats and wolves?

I’d love to know this too but I don’t think we ever will. This is why I don’t interpret this part literally but with heavy symbolism.
Something happened and this was the best way to put it into words.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I get an Amen?!

(Is anyone else tired of reading posts like this?)

(Satire)
Yes I am!
Paul explained it in such simplicity....
Romans 10 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
¹⁰ For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
¹¹ For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
¹² For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
¹³ For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Mouth (confess) and Heart (believe)....
How much simpler can it get?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but it must be in order
You can just claim “I’m born again” “I’m saved” don’t make you born again or saved!

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

You could have lead with that. Agreed.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Manna? Maybe the other five clean animals? Who knows. Good question. Maybe he put them in a state of hibernation. Maybe it was a DNA data base instead of actual animals who knows. We see through the glass dimly on Earth. All I know is if God said it, it happened.

Agreed, all that could have happened. But why not feed them the floating dead bodies of sinners?