99.9999% of all professing Christian's aren't saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting religion...and considering I read your posts, I know some of this.
So do you base your religion on scripture or a particular translation of the Bible?
A life of poverty can be read into the Gospels and there were those that followed that.

Judging....if you take Christianity seriously you are going to end up judging....but as you know there are warning about that....first off ya better know the scriptures well....got to have "your ducks in a row" or Luke 6:42 applies. Ya know because at times it is like a double barreled shotgun....one barrel aimed at the sinner and one back at you. Careful pulling that trigger.

"Paul would have said cast out..." I am thinking in the most serious cases he might have supported that. Now what did Christ say about casting out....All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37

Still I agree with you because I believe in a strict orthodoxy....within reason. How do you put that in motion? From what you are describing....as a church....not real big on love and hugs and seems there would be a lot of judging and condemnation. Comfortable atmosphere for worshipping the Lord and fellowship...? Some people thrive on that. So how would you describe the spirit of your church?
Well i have not had to deal with it but a few times . one was man who had left this Third wife
and was going to marry another woman . I constantly reminded him it would be adultery .
In the end he went ahead and married and i cut off communication from him .
How is that for an example . He is in adultery and that marriage will be adultery in the eyes of The LORD
lest he seperate or his wife dies . I prayed and prayed for that man . I even pleaded with him not to do it .
I think that is the only one i have had to cut off . I gave him over to GOD . God judges those outside the church .
And yes there are hugs and etc within the group . Though a few i cant hug cause i only communicate with them over the phone .
They too are a part of the body as well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well i have not had to deal with it but a few times . one was man who had left this Third wife
and was going to marry another woman . I constantly reminded him it would be adultery .
How is that for an example . He is in adultery and that marriage will be adultery in the eyes of The LORD
lest he seperate or his wife dies . I prayed and prayed for that man . I even pleaded with him not to do it .
I think that is the only one i have had to cut off . I gave him over to GOD . God judges those outside the church .
And yes there are hugs and etc within the group . Though a few i cant hug cause i only communicate with them over the phone .
what happened to forgiving 70 x 7?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man didnt repent my friend . So how can he then be restored back into the church .
But i do keep praying he will sorrow to repentance .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it send the message to him that you only care for him if he does as you say.
NO my dear friend i was not the ONE who first said that . JESUS DID . Them are HIS words .
It aint about me and he knows that . its about submitting to Christ . not me , TO CHRIST .
Correction and following the biblical pattern is not hate , its not sin , ITS LOVE and i pray for that man to repent .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
NO my dear friend i was not the ONE who first said that . JESUS DID . Them are HIS words .
It aint about me and he knows that . its about submitting to Christ . not me , TO CHRIST .
Correction and following the biblical pattern is not hate , its not sin , ITS LOVE and i pray for that man to repent .
however, you judge him as unworthy of your company.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so basically, all the talk of forgiveness becomes a means of control
A means of safety . For the church itself so as leaven dont grow . And safety for him , so perhaps he will sorrow to repentance .
Aint a thing wrong with what i did . Even if i felt so sad for him , it was necessary .
I have an idea , instead of trying to get me to err and take him back , why dont you pray HE repent .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Say as you will . But he must repent .
IF we allow folks to come fellowship and they remain in sin we will destroy our churches . OH WAIT they already did that
with seeker friendly .
aren't we to treat the unrepentant as one would a tax collector? How did Jesus treat the tax collectors? Did he cut them off?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The size of the New Jerusalem

Revelation 21:16
"When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, its length and width and height were each 1,400 miles."

In kilometres that is 2253.082 km Length, Height and Width

So what is the total area in Heaven, let's do the maths.

1400³ miles = 2744000000 miles
2253.082³ km = 11437497020.662 kilometers

So how many souls can fit in Heaven? :D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are supposed to correct the church . Evangelize to the lost .
Learn the biblical pattern and stop over thinking things .
your understanding then of correcting the church amounts to cutting off those that disagree with your interpretation of the scripture. Isn't that what Rome practised to the point of capital punishment during the dark ages?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, its length and width and height were each 1,400 miles."

infinitely- the kingdom of heaven never will cease to grow :)

Reactions: Josho

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yay the math is here. Yay for mathing!

Reactions: Josho

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are supposed to correct the church . Evangelize to the lost .
Learn the biblical pattern and stop over thinking things .
and what does 'over thinking' mean? Isn't the term 'over thinking' just another ploy to shut down any who do think outside the imposed boundaries of those claiming greater insight?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WOW four wives! Are you sure you shouldn't gather around and lay hands on him......and break his arms! I mean anoint him with oil! If you use enough oil maybe he will have trouble keeping his footing and the girls will get away.

Ya got to feel for the guy. Unlucky in love of just stupid?
Hopefully he was divorcing them.
Adultery?....ya that is another topic. But I understand how some people feel about it.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and what does 'over thinking' mean? Isn't the term 'over thinking' just another ploy to shut down any who do think outside the imposed boundaries of those claiming greater insight?
No , over thinking is when we find excuse or make excuse to go around the simple plain teachings of Christ and the apostles .

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aren't we to treat the unrepentant as one would a tax collector? How did Jesus treat the tax collectors? Did he cut them off?
Procedures in discipline
  1. Arrange a private meeting with the offender.
  2. If a private meeting fails, meet with them and several witnesses.
  3. Admonish and warn them.
  4. As a final resort, bring the matter up to the whole church.
  5. Remove their membership, and avoid them.
  6. Be ready to forgive them when repentance occurs.

Reactions: amigo de christo