A Biblical View of the Refugee Crisis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promised Abraham, that all nations would be blessed through him (Genesis 18:18). This promise got fulfilled in Jesus Christ, in whom there is “neither Jew nor Gentile” (Galatians 3:28).

Don’t you believe all races descended from Adam?

So Stranger, tell us, does the God you believe in value white people over black ones?

Yet the Jews are God's chosen people.

Did God create the races?

So, junobet, would you answer my question first?

Stranger

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Yet the Jews are God's chosen people.
Yes, the Bible tells us God chose the Jews to bless all nations through the Jew Jesus Christ.

Did God create the races?

So, junobet, would you answer my question first?

Stranger
I think I already answered your question. Your refusal to answer mine speaks volumes.

But again: I believe God created every single human being on this earth in His image.

Both the Bible and modern science tell us that all human races are of one origin.
Apparently the cradle of humankind was in Africa. When people wandered up north protection against the sun became less of an issue, getting enough Vitamin D became more of an issue, hence there's different skin-colours.

So now back to my question: Do you believe people created every single human being on this earth in His image? Or do you believe in polygeny instead, with some races not stemming from Adam? And do you believe God loves white people more than He loves black people?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, the Bible tells us God chose the Jews to bless all nations through the Jew Jesus Christ.
rather diff than "the Jews are God's chosen ppl" i guess, huh
there are no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom
I think I already answered your question. Your refusal to answer mine speaks volumes.
ha, better get used to that with him i guess. He will not answer you bc he knows the Bible will out him if he does
although it is surely justified differently. How, i cannot fathom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
<snip>

It wasn’t Muslims who drew borders in the Middle East with a ruler. The problems we now see in the Muslim world are very much caused by Western colonialism followed up by George W. Bush’s insane war in Iraq that left Saddam's old Ba'aht-fighters humiliated and with nothing to do but to radicalize (How Saddam's fighters help Islamic State rule). The children that now drown in the Aegean sea are innocent of any of this. As for that ‘Muslim settlement’ you suggest: where should that be? And would you yourself like to be exiled there?

Again two wrongs do not make a right, but the present refugee problem came about many years later and it was orchestrated by the Islamic world in its fight to prove that Allah is a strong god than the God of the Jews and to keep pressure on Israel. I am sure that if the constant attacks against Israel by the Islamic world were to cease that the help given to the refugees would increase. But the Islamic world does not want that. They want pressure on the rest of the world to eventually come up against Israel to destroy it. Something that is prophesised in Revelation 16:12-16.

Again you’re reading scripture as if you were gazing into a crystal ball rather than listening to the word of God that calls us to compassion with the stranger and to meet the need of the needy in the very same way that we’d want our own needs to be met.

Since you do not know me except by what I might reveal in my posts, your charge that I am gazing into a crystal ball rather then listening to the word of God is a false charge governed by your prejudice and bias. I believe that I have a better grasp on the Prophecies that are being fulfilled today and the invasion of Islamic refugees is also spoken about in scripture in Jeremiah 51:12-14​

Jeremiah 51:12-14: -
11 Make the arrows bright!
Gather the shields!
The Lord has raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes.
For His plan is against Babylon to destroy it,
Because it is the vengeance of the Lord,
The vengeance for His temple.
12 Set up the standard on the walls of Babylon;
Make the guard strong,
Set up the watchmen,
Prepare the ambushes.
For the Lord has both devised and done
What He spoke against the inhabitants of Babylon.
13 O you who dwell by many waters,
Abundant in treasures,
Your end has come,
The measure of your covetousness.
14 The Lord of hosts has sworn by Himself:
"Surely I will fill you with men, as with locusts,
And they shall lift up a shout against you."

Why has the Lord filled the nations with men and said that they will lift up a shout against you, a shout of apparent victory by claiming the lands of the nation as belong to them even though their numbers in the nations will still be small.

Why is this happening? Because the nations tried to heal Babylon instead of bringing God's wrath to bear against BABYLON. That has now fallen to the Medes, i.e. Iran, to destroy Babylon, and we are opposing them even though they do not realise that they are doing the will of God and bringing God's wrath against Babylon, i.e. the Land of the Chaldeans.

Should I not be listening to God's word in these prophecies? By all means yes, but you have put me and God down by claiming that I am crystal ball gazing by reading and listening to God's words.

Yes, all of us have different callings and the Lord can be served in many ways. I very much admire the effort you and your wife made to serve Him. However, if I insulted the people you ministered to or said their misery is their own fault, you’d probably be very right to call me out for such unchristian demeanor.

It would seem to me that I am not the only one calling you out for unchristian behaviour/demeanour.

Yes we should be ministering to the needy and loving those who also hate us and showing God's nature through our actions to them. A Loving God who cares for their salvation. But, in bringing to them the salvation message through our care for them as they "flee" their homelands because of the conflicts in them has a God set limit. Jesus said when he sent out the seventy disciples to minister in the towns and cities that if they enter a house and their peace is not reciprocated to them, then they are to shake off the dust of the house/city from their feet and move on to another house/city where your peace is welcomed and returned to you.

Now that is in God's word also (Matthew 10:11-15 and Luke 10:1-12) and should be listened to with wisdom also.

Godly wisdom does not always present itself in the first instance. A Christian organisation wanted to build a hostel/orphanage for school children in a village because the village was cut off by floods during the monsoon season and the children could not regularly attend school or they were forced to stay in the village with no one to care for them.

The hostel/orphanage was not the right solution. A better solution was to build a bridge across where it flooded. This meant that teachers were more prepared to teach within that village and did not feel trapped. The village was able to prosper because they could trade their produce all year round, and the children could come and go to school every day. The cost was the same as building the hostel/orphanage, with on ongoing maintenance costs as the new bridge would be maintained by the local community out of the increase in their prosperity.

Is not finding a working solution more beneficial for the refugees than just simply feeding them such that they become dependant on your generosity. I know which outcome is preferable.

Shalom

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But again: I believe God created every single human being on this earth in His image.

Both the Bible and modern science tell us that all human races are of one origin.
Apparently the cradle of humankind was in Africa. When people wandered up north protection against the sun became less of an issue, getting enough Vitamin D became more of an issue, hence there's different skin-colours.

So now back to my question: Do you believe people created every single human being on this earth in His image? Or do you believe in polygeny instead, with some races not stemming from Adam? And do you believe God loves white people more than He loves black people?

No you didn't answer the question. Did God create the races of men? You appear to say no in this latest explanation of climate influence. So, yes or no. Did God create the races of man?

I will gladly answer your questions when you first answer mine.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how stranger works, btw - never being satisfied with answers provided to his questions, he avoids all questions he can’t answer.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how stranger works, btw - never being satisfied with answers provided to his questions, he avoids all questions he can’t answer.

That is a lie. Show me where my question was answered.

This is how 'aspen' works. He is afraid to speak directly to someone because he will be found out to be stupid, and a racist himself, in my opinion.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

This is how 'aspen' works. He is afraid to speak directly to someone because he will be found out to be stupid, and a racist himself, in my opinion.

Stranger
i have to witness for him here, although i would never do this IRL, i hope you understand.
i'll add that this does not mean it is true, but i have got the same impression, and i have many unanswered posts to back it up.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have to witness for him here, although i would never do this IRL, i hope you understand.
i'll add that this does not mean it is true, but i have got the same impression, and i have many unanswered posts to back it up.

Your unanswered posts are due to your idiocy. Not because you present any credible questions.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger

Nah, i am just scared of you Stranger ....lol

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cartoons don't further your position. They reveal your position is untenable and you must resort to cartoons. A common theme for buffoons.

Stranger

Keep trying to reframe the narrative, Stranger......maybe you’ll get a few suckers out there to believe your separatist garbage, your idea that love is weakness, and your ends justify the means morality........It doesnt make it right, no matter how you spin it - it is antigospel.

Reactions: junobet

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
God promised Abraham, that all nations would be blessed through him (Genesis 18:18). This promise got fulfilled in Jesus Christ, in whom there is “neither Jew nor Gentile” (Galatians 3:28).

Don’t you believe all races descended from Adam?

So Stranger, tell us, does the God you believe in value white people over black ones?

as I have read it vast areas of almost everywhere where once barren, inhospitable and uninhabited especially like the Americas, Australia etc but with just a little help were developed by the immigrants themselves mostly - how about repeat performances imho - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
- there will be neither other non Christians also imho - twinc

it must be understood, grasped and accepted that our Christian Saviour is also the Saviour of the world

it is very important for both Christians and non Christians to grasp this. understand it and accept it as true because God says so - there are only Christians in God's ultimate plan and only Christians and devils - twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep trying to reframe the narrative, Stranger......maybe you’ll get a few suckers out there to believe your separatist garbage, your idea that love is weakness, and your ends justify the means morality........It doesnt make it right, no matter how you spin it - it is antigospel.

I didn't reframe anything. I was speaking in context with the discussion. You come in from the gallery with your bias remark but now can't support it.

Your accusation that I say love is weakness and the ends justifies the means is empty and false. You just don't like my position because it is against your racisim.

Stranger

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
No you didn't answer the question. Did God create the races of men? You appear to say no in this latest explanation of climate influence. So, yes or no. Did God create the races of man?

I will gladly answer your questions when you first answer mine.

Stranger
Yes, out of Adam God created all races in His image. Now your turn, but somehow I doubt your going to answer any of my questions.

Our conversation just reminded me of a little episode that occurred in my home town not so long ago:

My town’s soccer-team hosted a game against another team, notorious for its fascist fans. Be it on purpose be it by accident, two of these fascist fans strolled into a bar, notorious for its extremely left-wing guests. Didn’t take long for one of the local Antifa's black-block guys to walk up to the Nazis' table and ask “Are you Nazis, or what?” The two stood up, looked him straight into the face and said: “yes”. (Don’t know whether it was a miracle or the patron’s amazing peace-keeper qualities, but the two made it out of there in one piece. Thank God for that.)

Now I got to give it to these two Nazis: while I certainly find their ideology despicable, at least they had the guts to own up to it.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
- there will be neither other non Christians also imho - twinc

it must be understood, grasped and accepted that our Christian Saviour is also the Saviour of the world

it is very important for both Christians and non Christians to grasp this. understand it and accept it as true because God says so - there are only Christians in God's ultimate plan and only Christians and devils - twinc
Yes I have no doubt that eventually all people will come to the knowledge of the truth. To help in this we do good to represent our faith accurately by striving to imitate Christ and to mirror the love He has shown us in our words and deeds.

As it says in Lessing's Ring-Parable:

"Well, then! Let each one, freed of prejudice, strive toward The goal of an uncorrupted love! Let each who has a ring take up the challenge Of bringing his stone’s hidden strength to light! May he succeed with gentleness of spirit With heartfelt toleration and forbearance Good deeds, and deepest confidence in God! And should the stone begin to show its powers At work among your children’s children’s children Then when a thousand thousand years are over I’d ask you to approach this bench again. Some wiser man than I will sit in judgment And render a decision!" http://www.gkoehn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/NathanTransExcerpt.pdf

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Again two wrongs do not make a right, but the present refugee problem came about many years later and it was orchestrated by the Islamic world in its fight to prove that Allah is a strong god than the God of the Jews and to keep pressure on Israel. I am sure that if the constant attacks against Israel by the Islamic world were to cease that the help given to the refugees would increase. But the Islamic world does not want that. They want pressure on the rest of the world to eventually come up against Israel to destroy it. Something that is prophesised in Revelation 16:12-16.

Since you do not know me except by what I might reveal in my posts, your charge that I am gazing into a crystal ball rather then listening to the word of God is a false charge governed by your prejudice and bias. I believe that I have a better grasp on the Prophecies that are being fulfilled today and the invasion of Islamic refugees is also spoken about in scripture in Jeremiah 51:12-14​

Why has the Lord filled the nations with men and said that they will lift up a shout against you, a shout of apparent victory by claiming the lands of the nation as belong to them even though their numbers in the nations will still be small.

Why is this happening? Because the nations tried to heal Babylon instead of bringing God's wrath to bear against BABYLON. That has now fallen to the Medes, i.e. Iran, to destroy Babylon, and we are opposing them even though they do not realise that they are doing the will of God and bringing God's wrath against Babylon, i.e. the Land of the Chaldeans.

Should I not be listening to God's word in these prophecies? By all means yes, but you have put me and God down by claiming that I am crystal ball gazing by reading and listening to God's words.

It would seem to me that I am not the only one calling you out for unchristian behaviour/demeanour.

Yes we should be ministering to the needy and loving those who also hate us and showing God's nature through our actions to them. A Loving God who cares for their salvation. But, in bringing to them the salvation message through our care for them as they "flee" their homelands because of the conflicts in them has a God set limit. Jesus said when he sent out the seventy disciples to minister in the towns and cities that if they enter a house and their peace is not reciprocated to them, then they are to shake off the dust of the house/city from their feet and move on to another house/city where your peace is welcomed and returned to you.

Now that is in God's word also (Matthew 10:11-15 and Luke 10:1-12) and should be listened to with wisdom also.

Godly wisdom does not always present itself in the first instance. A Christian organisation wanted to build a hostel/orphanage for school children in a village because the village was cut off by floods during the monsoon season and the children could not regularly attend school or they were forced to stay in the village with no one to care for them.

The hostel/orphanage was not the right solution. A better solution was to build a bridge across where it flooded. This meant that teachers were more prepared to teach within that village and did not feel trapped. The village was able to prosper because they could trade their produce all year round, and the children could come and go to school every day. The cost was the same as building the hostel/orphanage, with on ongoing maintenance costs as the new bridge would be maintained by the local community out of the increase in their prosperity.

Is not finding a working solution more beneficial for the refugees than just simply feeding them such that they become dependant on your generosity. I know which outcome is preferable.

Shalom
Well, Jay Ross, probably every generation of Christians sported a fraction that was convinced to see the signs for the time being nigh and that connected the Book of Revelation to all kinds of characters and events of their respective times. I’m a New Covenant mainline Christian, who believes that Christ may come back this second or in thousands of years. So let’s just agree to disagree on the validity of your prophetic Biblical interpretations.

One point I hope we can agree on is that, we ought to be awake and ready for His coming at all times. To me – and hopefully to you, too - being awake and ready means to follow Christ’s all-engulfing commandment to love God and to love my neighbour like I love myself. Love for my neighbour includes love for my enemies. And to love people like myself means to put myself into their shoes and then do unto others as I would have others do unto me.

Now I give you that it may be a bit hard for you to put yourself into a Muslim refugee’s shoes when you never met one and when you quite apparently don’t know much about the circumstances that made these people flee their countries.

But if I was in a Syrian's shoes, this is what I'd want: I would not want to be killed, nor would I want to be forced to kill. I would not want to waste my life away being fed in some refugee camp whilst waiting for a war to end that’s been raging for years. I would not want welfare, I’d want the chance to build a viable future for myself and for my family. I might even be desperate enough to go on a treacherous journey for that. And I’d want all the help I can get.