A Biblical View of the Refugee Crisis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, Christians in the Holy Land fear us, i've seen that firsthand

Who else do the Christians in the Holy Land fear, other than us? Did you also see first hand who else they fear?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“We must obey God rather than men.“ (Acts 5:29b)

The Bible is full of prophets criticizing their government. So does the Lady who’s applauding this post of yours. Whether her criticism serves God rather than men can of course be questioned.

What you have written here makes me question the honesty with which you actually want to help Christians in the Middle East. Apparently you don’t even want to hear their opinion, because it interferes with your particular eschatology. So I suppose you think that those Middle Eastern Christians who wrote and signed the Kairos document should also be careful of those demonic forces you deem yourself immune to:

Kairos Document

The document you have linked to is a well written document with nice words, but the substance of the said document bears little understanding of God's purposes for the land. From my reading o the document, it is a guilt trip generator for people who may superficially read the document to gain support for their ideological purposes as expressed within the document.

Concerning my ability of helping them in their needs, that is a question I can easily defend. Firstly, I do help to the best of my abilities those around me with whom I rub shoulders with. At present, I do not rub shoulders with refugees from the middle eastern conflicts and as such I am not is a position to help them. I do rub shoulders with people in my immediate vicinity who need my help and support which I willingly give appropriately following God's direction in those matters.

You can continue to post your guilt trip generator posts but this conversation between us is over.

You have an axe to grind and a beef to express, based on your understanding of the situation of where you live. Where I live the circumstances are very different.

May you be able to continue giving as lead.

Shalom

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read on the internet that Merkel of Germany admits to 'no go zones' in Germany. That is where the immigrants have taken over and not even the police are allowed to go in due to the violence and crime. Can't say enough about that Christian effort.

So, not only now does Germany have to create safe zones for their women at public events, but they have to create no go zones for no one to enter in at all.

How do you like those refugees now?

Stranger

Reactions: brakelite and Helen

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Just read on the internet that Merkel of Germany admits to 'no go zones' in Germany. That is where the immigrants have taken over and not even the police are allowed to go in due to the violence and crime. Can't say enough about that Christian effort.

So, not only now does Germany have to create safe zones for their women at public events, but they have to create no go zones for no one to enter in at all.

How do you like those refugees now?

Stranger
Stranger, we’ve been there and done that. It would be nice had you given the source where you read that. Because – even though I eagerly follow the German press (both liberal and conservative leaning), I have not heard of Merkel saying there were no-go-zones, nor can I think of any zones in Germany I wouldn’t go to, other than certain parts in the East that are infested with Neo-Nazis.

The right-wing’s obsession with refugees supposedly attacking women is repulsive to me for its hypocrisy and sexism. Quite obviously right-wingers don’t give a damn about women’s rights. They even voted for a guy who was caught bragging about grabbing any woman he likes by the pussy. So it seems as if whenever a non-white person commits a sexual assault, it’s not women’s well-being that the right is concerned with: it’s the opportunity to smear an entire minority for the actions of very few of its members and it’s the feeling that their property is violated: White women are for white men to rape alone. If that wasn’t so you would focus on the major place of brutality against women: a woman’s home and very own social circle.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Stranger, we’ve been there and done that. It would be nice had you given the source where you read that. Because – even though I eagerly follow the German press (both liberal and conservative leaning), I have not heard of Merkel saying there were no-go-zones, nor can I think of any zones in Germany I wouldn’t go to, other than certain parts in the East that are infested with Neo-Nazis.

The right-wing’s obsession with refugees supposedly attacking women is repulsive to me for its hypocrisy and sexism. Quite obviously right-wingers don’t give a damn about women’s rights. They even voted for a guy who was caught bragging about grabbing any woman he likes by the pussy. So it seems as if whenever a non-white person commits a sexual assault, it’s not women’s well-being that the right is concerned with: it’s the opportunity to smear an entire minority for the actions of very few of its members and it’s the feeling that their property is violated: White women are for white men to rape alone. If that wasn’t so you would focus on the major place of brutality against women: a woman’s home and very own social circle.

Hello, did you do a google search with the search parameter of "no go zones Germany", I just have and the following link is as stranger has reported: - Angela Merkel admits German NO-GO zones are 'a REALITY'

Perhaps you need to take your sun glasses off so that you can see the trees for the forest.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was on the internet for all to see. You could find it if you wanted. Where does it say that there are no-go-zones for Neo-Nazis? Maybe you just aren't German or white enough.

What is repulsive is that they have to create zones for German, real German, women to be protected from your precious refugees. Really, does a women have a right not to be raped? Men talk about a lot of things, yet they usually don't carry them out as your precious refugees do. There were rapes in Germany for sure by white men. But not that much, and it is controlled. With this race of refugees, they cannot control it. Because it characterizes them as a race. Those precious refugees. How do you like them now?

What you really detest is that your false sense of Christianity in wanting the Government to open it's doors to these refugees as an act of so called love of Christ, is shown to be a mistake as I told you it was. Are you showing the love of Christ to the real German people who are being raped and robbed and not allowed to go in certain areas of their country. Yeah, that's real love junobet. I believe I will pass.

Stranger

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Hello, did you do a google search with the search parameter of "no go zones Germany", I just have and the following link is as stranger has reported: - Angela Merkel admits German NO-GO zones are 'a REALITY'

Perhaps you need to take your sun glasses off so that you can see the trees for the forest.
Thanks, quite fascinating how the Daily Express managed to distort what Merkel was actually saying. Watching the original interview on n-tv, you’ll find Merkel did not quite blow your horn, in fact she again is emphazizing “the Christian conception of the human being”, that right-wing organs such as the Daily Express obviously do not share. On the off-chance you understand German: "Es geht um das christliche Menschenbild"

My hope would be that Merkel actually acts on her grounding in Christian family values when it comes to decide on the possibility for Syrian refugees rights to get their families here. Alas, I reckon it will be for the SPD to push that issue.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, quite fascinating how the Daily Express managed to distort what Merkel was actually saying. Watching the original interview on n-tv, you’ll find Merkel did not quite blow your horn, in fact she again is emphazizing “the Christian conception of the human being”, that right-wing organs such as the Daily Express obviously do not share. On the off-chance you understand German: "Es geht um das christliche Menschenbild"

My hope would be that Merkel actually acts on her grounding in Christian family values when it comes to decide on the possibility for Syrian refugees rights to get their families here. Alas, I reckon it will be for the SPD to push that issue.

imho it seems 'love one another' has to be a two way transaction not one raping and blowing up the other - twinc

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
imho it seems 'love one another' has to be a two way transaction not one raping and blowing up the other - twinc
Alas it works that way for most of the world. But if we want to follow Christ, who loved us first, and loved us still even when we nailed Him to the cross, we’ll have to do better than that:

“43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.“ (Matthew 5:43-48)

As Dorothy Day put it: “I really only love God as much as I love the person I love the least.”

That said: the assumption that every refugee is a rapist, terrorist you name it, just because some are is plain wrong. Most of them are just ordinary people like you and I who are in dire need of Good Samaritans.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alas it works that way for most of the world. But if we want to follow Christ, who loved us first, and loved us still even when we nailed Him to the cross, we’ll have to do better than that:

“43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.“ (Matthew 5:43-48)

As Dorothy Day put it: “I really only love God as much as I love the person I love the least.”

That said: the assumption that every refugee is a rapist, terrorist you name it, just because some are is plain wrong. Most of them are just ordinary people like you and I who are in dire need of Good Samaritans.

Oh yeah, most of the refugees are ordinary people. The kind that no-go-zones must be created for. The kind that safe zones for German women must be created for. They are 'ordinary' in the country they are from. They are not ordinary in the Western Christian culture. They are ordinary to you, no doubt.

Stranger

B

brakelite

Stewardship in a Biblical sense means taking care of things that belong to another. That includes refugees...but also must include those of our own households who have first priority when it comes to safety and security. We need to be sensible about this, and use discernment. One doesn't place a known fraudster in charge of church funds, even though he has claimed to have repented. Your stewardship cares for the repentant sinner, but doesn't place him in a place of temptation.

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stewardship in a Biblical sense means taking care of things that belong to another. That includes refugees...but also must include those of our own households who have first priority when it comes to safety and security. We need to be sensible about this, and use discernment. One doesn't place a known fraudster in charge of church funds, even though he has claimed to have repented. Your stewardship cares for the repentant sinner, but doesn't place him in a place of temptation.

brakelite:
I like it a lot....Even in ancient times, the tribes of Israel would take in strangers (refugees) usually as singles and families. I don't think they would take in thousands at a time for safety reasons and the great chance of their culture and beliefs being undermined in short order, whether deliberately or not. The many strangers or sheer volume pouring in at one time would guarantee less assimilation. Pockets of resistance to the norms and mores of the tribes would occur. Chaos would ensue

I would think God would not allow such a thing to happen. Belief and cultural integrity for a tribe or nation is paramount.

See the word association bro..

APAK