A Calvinist Conversation with God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu should stop digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Why don't you simply look up in a dictionary what propitiation and atonement mean, see they are different and stop making up your own definitions to advance an unbiblical agenda.

You do not have to be honest with me, but please be honest before your God.
You apparently want us to believe that you have discovered some great truth that no one else can understand. I think that it is called Pharisaism.

Paul warned us about the likes of you. "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently want us to believe that you have discovered some great truth that no one else can understand. I think that it is called Pharisaism.

Paul warned us about the likes of you. "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" 2 Corinthians 11:3.
Stop being pre-pubescent. If you would bother to look in the basic Strongs concordance (never mind linguistic books) yo would see there is a vast difference between atonement and propitiation.

That is your problem and name calling and ad-hominems does not change that fact.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop being pre-pubescent. If you would bother to look in the basic Strongs concordance (never mind linguistic books) yo would see there is a vast difference between atonement and propitiation.

That is your problem and name calling and ad-hominems does not change that fact.
Both words, basically mean the same thing. Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world. Your problem is that you can't believe it, so you want to either add something to it or take something away from it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both words, basically mean the same thing. Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world. Your problem is that you can't believe it, so you want to either add something to it or take something away from it.
Look in a bible dictionary and learn something.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know then you should tell us. You are always telling us to look up something.
I already gave you the definitions.

But here they are again.

propitiation is an appeasing sacrifice, or a sacrifice that is acceptable

Atonement is a swapping of things. IN Scripture it is the removing of our sin and given the righteousness of Christ.

Propitiation makes atonement possible but they are different.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already gave you the definitions.

But here they are again.

propitiation is an appeasing sacrifice, or a sacrifice that is acceptable

Atonement is a swapping of things. IN Scripture it is the removing of our sin and given the righteousness of Christ.

Propitiation makes atonement possible but they are different.
What is important is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world and in doing so reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Have you done that?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is important is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world and in doing so reconciled us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Have you done that?
So you are a universalist Okay but biblically Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of the world.

He only atoned for those whom He became Savior for individually by faith. Once again you are not allowed to redefine words at your whim.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are a universalist Okay but biblically Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of the world.

He only atoned for those whom He became Savior for individually by faith. Once again you are not allowed to redefine words at your whim.
A universalist believes that everyone will be saved regardless of what they believe, I am not a universalist.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A universalist believes that everyone will be saved regardless of what they believe, I am not a universalist.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
Once again repeating a lie does not make it true! Jesus is THE propitiation for the sins of the world. Not the atnement of the sins of the world. You need to stop this false thing. This is about the sixth time you wrote it and six times you are wrong.

Don't take my posting the definitions for these. Look up blue letter bible and learn for yourself.

But as your learning curve seems incredibly slow let me post the definitions again.

propitiation means th eacceptable sacrifice or appeasing sacrifice

atonement means a swapping from one to another (to the believer jesus took our sin and imparted His righteousness to me) He potentially is the atonement for the sins of the world but the atonement does not take place until one receives Jesus, then their sins are removed.

If you wish to continue to misdefine atonement I will continue to call you a universalist based on the correct definition of atonement.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that I am bias against Calvinism, it is that I am pro Gospel. Calvinism is a terrible doctrine that makes God out to be an unmerciful tyrant. If you continue in it you will never see heaven. Martin Luther did not accept John Calvins doctrine of predestination. Hell is going to be full of Calvinist because it is blasphemy.
Only to you because your bitterness has blinded you.

I cannot speak for the whole of Calvins writings. I just deal with the five points which are extremely biblical.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only to you because your bitterness has blinded you.

I cannot speak for the whole of Calvins writings. I just deal with the five points which are extremely biblical.
The five points of Calvinism came out of the perverted mind of John Calvin. There is nothing in the Bible about the five points of Calvinism. There is nothing in the Bible about God predestinating people to heaven or to hell. You have chosen to pervert God's word.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not bias... he just don't likie the false doctrine!
View attachment 41706
So Calvin's teaching that sinners need a saviors is false.

This hatred of Calvin and of calvinists doctrine is unreasonable, in that is saying that 50 % ( or what ever percentage follow calvinism ) of those who claim to be Christian are not actually Christian.

Jesus's teaching about judging others is pertinent here.
Those making this sort of judgement should be aware they will be judged as strictly as they have judged others.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Calvin's teaching that sinners need a saviors is false.

No, calvin taught that God has only provided for a few calvinists to be saved... everyone else has NO opportunity for salvation and they are doomed to hell

This is all false doctrine coming from John Calvin who also believed it5 was OK to murder people who disagreed with his doctrine of demons. He was a sick twisted, demented murderer.

This hatred of Calvin and of calvinists doctrine is unreasonable

Calvinism is not scripture... Jesus was not a calvinist! clueless-doh.gif

It's funny you think you are persecuted because others won't snap to and lock step with the fake gospel of calvinism.

You people (catholics too!) are known to murder those that don't agree with your false doctrine and you'd do it today in modern times if the police were good at catching murderers agree.gif

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The five points of Calvinism came out of the perverted mind of John Calvin. There is nothing in the Bible about the five points of Calvinism. There is nothing in the Bible about God predestinating people to heaven or to hell. You have chosen to pervert God's word.
So does that mean you reject all of what are called the "five points of Calvinism"? I want to make sure I do not misunderstand you.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does that mean you reject all of what are called the "five points of Calvinism"? I want to make sure I do not misunderstand you.
I reject all doctrines, religions and teachings that pervert the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Calvinism is right at the top.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject all doctrines, religions and teachings that pervert the historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. Calvinism is right at the top.
And yet you cannot show why they are false. Do you reject all five points of TULIP? So you would be an acolyte of Jacob Armenius then.

Pray tell please give us a summation of what you just called "the historic gospel of Jesus Christ".