A Closer Look at the Genesis Creation Account

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I speak of what I know to those I know are born of God. Otherwise I stay silent.
....I still hear crickets....
There is a difference between choosing to stay silent and not knowing what to say.....

Can you not admit that you just don’t know? You already said that “those questions” were “beyond your understanding”...I’m really sorry about that because if anyone claims to be one of the elect, then they would know exactly how to answer those questions. I am not one of the elect and I have known about God’s Kingdom for decades.

The Kingdom of God was the theme of Jesus entire ministry....how did you miss it? (Luke 4:43; Luke 8:1; Mark 1:38) Paul too, even when under house arrest bore witness to the Kingdom of God. (Acts 28:23)

Even the Jews were looking forward to God’s Kingdom....but they lost it by denying their Messiah and putting him to death.

Do you not see a gaping hole in your knowledge? I’m sure if you did some research, you could find the answers....these are important questions.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
....I still hear crickets....
There is a difference between choosing to stay silent and not knowing what to say.....

Can you not admit that you just don’t know? You already said that “those questions” were “beyond your understanding”...I’m really sorry about that because if anyone claims to be one of the elect, then they would know exactly how to answer those questions. I am not one of the elect and I have known about God’s Kingdom for decades.

The Kingdom of God was the theme of Jesus entire ministry....how did you miss it? (Luke 4:43; Luke 8:1; Mark 1:38) Paul too, even when under house arrest bore witness to the Kingdom of God. (Acts 28:23)

Even the Jews were looking forward to God’s Kingdom....but they lost it by denying their Messiah and putting him to death.

Do you not see a gaping hole in your knowledge? I’m sure if you did some research, you could find the answers....these are important questions.
Good day.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just like to correct that mistranslation which does not say that at all....

Can we examine the whole passage....?

“Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men; and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross. Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name; that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(Philippians 2:5-11 - ASV)

It only takes a little twist in interpretation to make the Bible say what it doesn’t.

So, first of all Jesus is said to have “existed in God’s form”, not that he was God.
So what “form” does God have? John 4:24 says that “God is a spirit” So Jesus was in the same “form” as his Father. He was a spirit being before coming to earth to be born as a human.

He did not count equality with his God as “something to be grasped” although when he received the power of God’s spirit at his baptism, and demonstrated his ability to perform miracles, he could well have grasped it if he had wanted humans to worship him...he never did.
As a human “he humbled himself becoming obedient even unto death“...so to whom was Jesus “obedient”? And why would one part of God need to be obedient to his other equal self?

But after he had finished his earthly course and faithfully given his life for mankind, he returned to heaven after his God resurrected him. (Acts 2:24) Then it says....”God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name”....how does one part of God “exalt” an equal part of himself? And how can one part of God give himself a name that is above what he already has as “the Most High” (Psalm 83:18)

So we can bend our knee in humble respect and appreciation to God’s Son, acknowledging him as our Lord and savior, but “every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” If Jesus was God, then nothing in this passage makes any sense. All glory would have gone to Jesus, who went through the most awful trials for our sake and yet......it was his God and Father who sent him (John 17:3) and was glorified by his sacrificial course.....if God had not made that provision, we would have been without hope.....so credit where credit is due. Full credit goes to the Father, and full appreciation should go to his servant Jesus. (Acts 3:13, 26)

When you use a passage of scripture to prove something that the Bible does not teach, you end up proving the opposite. This is why we need to read more carefully.....often passages are interpreted in a way that gives a distorted impression....and we know whose interests that serves.
Exactly Aunty Jane, I don't understand how people can equate our Lord with God, when God is the father and Jesus Christ the son, when Jesus Christ never said he was God, but always referred to God as his Father.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Genesis 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,a]">[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

i sometimes wonder if mankind in chapter 1 is different from the man in chapter 2
Genesis 2

7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

And I sometimes wonder if Adam and Eve were created specially for God and placed in the specially created garden of Eden which was then set apart from the 'mankind' in the rest of the world in chapter one.
Hi there, @Pearl,

I have not been following the thread, so do not know what has been said previously: but, looking in, your entry looked a little lost and alone here, unremarked upon and lonely, so I thought I would say, "Hi", and come alongside you for a moment to look at what you have said. :)

I believe that the first chapter is an overview and that the second chapter takes up the creation of mankind, and gives further detail in regard to the creation of mankind, with the forming of Adam in chapter two.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:45-47, (see also:- 1 Corinthians 15:22; 1 Timothy 2:13-14) , refers to Adam as, 'the first man': and the teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ as, 'the last Adam,' hinges on that fact, doesn't it?

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exactly Aunty Jane, I don't understand how people can equate our Lord with God, when God is the father and Jesus Christ the son, when Jesus Christ never said he was God, but always referred to God as his Father.
My father was a human, and when he begat a son, me, it wasn't a dolphin.
When God begets a Son, why is it that so many believe that God begets a being other than his own species... God?

Reactions: Cooper and charity

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God begets a Son, why is it that so many believe that God begets a being other than his own species... God?
There is only God Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ our Savior.

So you are telling me there is more than one God, where in the Bible it says thou shall worship no other Gods before me, for I am a jealous God?
So you are advocating Polytheism?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, @Pearl,

I have not been following the thread, so do not know what has been said previously: but, looking in, your entry looked a little lost and alone here, unremarked upon and lonely, so I thought I would say, "Hi", and come alongside you for a moment to look at what you have said. :)

I believe that the first chapter is an overview and that the second chapter takes up the creation of mankind, and gives further detail in regard to the creation of mankind, with the forming of Adam in chapter two.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:45-47, (see also:- 1 Corinthians 15:22; 1 Timothy 2:13-14) , refers to Adam as, 'the first man': and the teaching concerning the Lord Jesus Christ as, 'the last Adam,' hinges on that fact, doesn't it?

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris
Thanks Chris. It always made me wonder why there were two accounts.

Reactions: charity

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

So you are telling me there is more than one God, where in the Bible it says thou shall worship no other Gods before me, for I am a jealous God?
Did you not know that Jesus is the fulfilment of the Old Testament?

Jesus is the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David. Revelation 5:5

He is the promised seed of Adam who would crush Satan’s head (Gen. 3:15).

He is the descendent of Abraham through whom every nation on earth would be blessed (Gen. 12:3).

He is the son of Judah, who reigns eternally as king, whose garments are washed in the blood of grapes, and whose hand is on the neck of his enemies (Gen. 49:8-12).

He is the Passover Lamb who was slain to protect God’s people from the Angel of Death (Exod. 12).

He is the greater son of Israel who came out of Egypt, and He is the great redeemer who brings his people out of a bondage and slavery that is far worse than anything the Israelites experienced there (Exod. 12-14).

He is the true bread from heaven that actually nourishes and feeds his people (Exod. 16).

He is the Rock from whom the only life-giving water flows (Exod. 17).

He is the fulfillment of the Law, perfectly obeying not only the 10 Commandments, but all 613 from the day of his birth (Exod. 20).

He is the One through whom we enter into our lasting Sabbath rest, not just for one day out of seven, but for every day from now through all eternity (Exod. 23:10-12).

He is our great High Priest who offers his very body as an atonement for the sins of his people (Exod. 28-29).

He is the radiance of God, the exact representation of his being, and is the very presence and glory of God among his people, even more than the ark or the pillars of cloud and fire (Exod. 40:34-38).

He is the once for all sacrifice that God offered on the altar on the Day of Atonement on Calvary, and at the same time he is the scape goat that was sent out of God’s presence into the wilderness on account of the sin that he bore (Lev. 16).

He is like the bronze serpent that was lifted up and when people look to him in faith, they find forgiveness and healing (Num. 21).

He is the star that shall come out of Jacob, and the scepter that comes out of Israel (Num. 24:17).

He is a city of refuge for guilty sinners to run into and find shelter (Num. 34).

He gives us every blessing for his obedience to God’s perfect commands, and he paid the price for the curse we deserved for our every disobedience (Deut. 28).

He leads his redeemed people into the Promised Land where they will dwell with him forever (Joshua 3).

He is our conquering warrior, victorious over the powers of sin and death (Joshua 5).

He is the righteous judge and savior who never fails to defend and protect his people when they repent and turn back to him (Judges 2).

He is the offspring of David whose kingdom has been established forever (2 Sam. 7).

He is the very temple of God, which though destroyed was raised again in 3 days (1 Kings 8; 2 Chron. 3).

He is our chief prophet and teacher who restores true religion by calling us away from our idols to return to the One True God (1 Kings 18).

He is leading a remnant out of Babylon back to the Holy Land (Ezra 7).

He is Job’s hope and ours because we know that our Redeemer lives and at the last he will stand upon the earth (Job 19:25).

He is the eternally begotten Son of the Lord Most High, whom kings fear in his anger, and who blesses those who take refuge in him (Psalm 2).

He was for a time forsaken by God on the cross, so that those who are found in him might never be rejected (Psalm 22). And yet, his body did not see corruption, because, as David sang, God did not abandon him to Sheol, but raised him physically with an incorruptible body (Psalm 16).

He is the shepherd of his sheep, who restores the soul of his fold and leads us in paths of righteousness (Psalm 23).

He purges us with a cleanser much stronger than anything the hyssop branch can spatter on us—he washes us clean in his very blood so that we might be whiter than snow (Psalm 51).

At his command the angels would bear him up lest his foot strike a stone, yet he did not call on their aid, but welcomed the cup the Lord had for him to drink (Psalm 91).

He is the greater Son of David who will sit at Yahweh’s right hand until all his enemies are as footstools, and is the priest forever in the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110).

He is the Word of God incarnate, and the only lamp for our path (Psalm 119).

He is the very wisdom of God made manifest in the flesh (Proverbs).

He is the only purpose in life that matters (Ecclesiastes).

Jesus is the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley, and he is the husband who brings his beloved to the banqueting table and who satisfies her fully in his love (Song of Songs 2).

He is the sign to Ahaz, one named Immanuel and born to a virgin (Isaiah 7).

He is the great light shining to a people walking in darkness, coming out of Galilee of the nations; He is the child born who is called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end, and on the throne of David and over his kingdom, he will establish and uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore (Isaiah 9).

He is the shoot coming from the stump of Jesse, and righteousness will be the belt of his waist. During his reign, the wolf will dwell with the lamb and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together, and a little child shall lead them (Isaiah 11).

In his coming, the glory of the Lord is revealed and all flesh shall see it together (Isaiah 40).

He is the Lord’s servant, in whom his soul delights, and with whom he is very well pleased (Isaiah 42).

He is Israel’s only savior and besides him there is no other (Isaiah 43).

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. He is the one who bore our griefs and carried our sorrows. He was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we were healed (Isaiah 53).

He is anointed by the Lord to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prisons to those who are bound. He proclaims the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; and he comforts all who mourn (Isaiah 61).

He creates the new heavens and the new earth and he will dwell with his people there forever (Isaiah 65).

He is the balm in Gilead that heals the sin-sick soul; he is the great physician who restores the health of his people (Jer. 8).

He is the Righteous Branch from David who will deal wisely and execute justice and righteousness in the land (Jeremiah 23).

He drinks the cup of the wine of the wrath of God so that his people will be spared (Jer. 25).

He ushers in the new covenant in his blood, a covenant written on the hearts of his people, and marked by his forgiveness of our sin (Jer. 31).

He is the very manifestation of the never-ceasing steadfast love of God. His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; for great is his faithfulness (Lam. 3).

He brings life to dead men’s bones; by his Spirit he causes breath to come where death had reigned (Ezek. 37).

He is the Son of Man whom the Ancient of Days gives all dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, and that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion (Dan. 7).

He is the merciful husband who takes back his unfaithful wife, and allows us to once again call him “My husband” rather than “My Baal” (Hosea 1-3).

He brings the Day of the Lord, which will be a day of great terror and judgment for all who do not know him, but everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Joel 2).

He is the ruler from Bethlehem Ephrathah, whose origin is of old, from ancient days (Micah 5).

He arrived as king in Jerusalem righteous and having salvation, yet he was humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey (Zech. 9).

He is the refiner’s fire and the fuller’s soap, refining us like gold and silver (Mal. 3).

He is the sun of righteousness, who will rise with healing in his wings, and as a result of what he has done, we, like calves, will go out leaping from our stalls (Mal. 4).

Jesus Christ is the only remedy for the infinite gap between our Holy God and sinful humanity. He is the only bridge from one side to the other. He is the only hope for every downcast soul. He is the only comfort for our sorrow. He is the only healing for our diseased hearts. He is our only true joy in a world full of fleeting pleasures. He is the reason for our existence and we exist to give him praise. So set your heart and your mind and your soul and your strength on him and give him worship.

Source unknown.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...when Jesus Christ never said he was God...
That is COMPLETELY FALSE. Jesus of Nazareth did say He was God. Not once but several times. And when men worshipped Him as God, He accepted that worship. I have already posted the pertinent Scriptures many times, but there are some here who continue to promote this heresy.

Only God the Son -- as the Lamb of God -- could take away the sin of the world. So when people deny that Jesus is God, they also deny that they can be saved. And when they call Jesus "a god" (as do the JWs) they assert that Jesus is another one of those false gods, which means that He cannot be the Savior.

But here is what the Bible says regarding God our Savior and His blood: Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God [THEOS], which He hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28) Since the Father sent the Son to die on the cross and shed His blood, this verse is speaking about God our Savior -- the Lord Jesus Christ.

So that there will be no misunderstanding, and so that the mouths of all the naysayers and heretics will be shut, here is what Paul says about Christ:

But hath in due times manifested His Word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. (Titus 1:3,4)

So what do we see in these two verses from Titus:

God our Savior = the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior
God the Father = the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Is this Polytheism? Absolutely not. Why, because the Father, the Son (the Word, and the Holy Ghost are ONE GOD (the Godhead):
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7 KJB) This verse was expunged from the modern bible versions to hide the truth from people. It has solid Bible support.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

KJV 1 Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
KJV John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The Father and Son are both God, and they are one. How they are one is a question you needn't ask. Obviously the Son is the express image of the Father. So I would venture to say they look alike, and they are of the same nature, and character. But the Father most certainly has the preeminence, having them greater rank being the source of all authority and power. Beyond that, I don't presume to either ask or offer an opinion, because I don't know, it's holy ground, and who am I to pontificate on the Almighty?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Man begets man....spirit begets spirit....angels are spirits but they are not God. Jesus was created as a spirit, (the same “form” as his God) but that does not automatically make him God or even his equal.

Yahweh has no equal....(Psalm 83:18)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you not know that Jesus is the fulfilment of the Old Testament?

Jesus is the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David. Revelation 5:5

He is the promised seed of Adam who would crush Satan’s head (Gen. 3:15).

He is the descendent of Abraham through whom every nation on earth would be blessed (Gen. 12:3).

He is the son of Judah, who reigns eternally as king, whose garments are washed in the blood of grapes, and whose hand is on the neck of his enemies (Gen. 49:8-12).

He is the Passover Lamb who was slain to protect God’s people from the Angel of Death (Exod. 12).

He is the greater son of Israel who came out of Egypt, and He is the great redeemer who brings his people out of a bondage and slavery that is far worse than anything the Israelites experienced there (Exod. 12-14).

He is the true bread from heaven that actually nourishes and feeds his people (Exod. 16).

He is the Rock from whom the only life-giving water flows (Exod. 17).

He is the fulfillment of the Law, perfectly obeying not only the 10 Commandments, but all 613 from the day of his birth (Exod. 20).

He is the One through whom we enter into our lasting Sabbath rest, not just for one day out of seven, but for every day from now through all eternity (Exod. 23:10-12).

He is our great High Priest who offers his very body as an atonement for the sins of his people (Exod. 28-29).

He is the radiance of God, the exact representation of his being, and is the very presence and glory of God among his people, even more than the ark or the pillars of cloud and fire (Exod. 40:34-38).

He is the once for all sacrifice that God offered on the altar on the Day of Atonement on Calvary, and at the same time he is the scape goat that was sent out of God’s presence into the wilderness on account of the sin that he bore (Lev. 16).

He is like the bronze serpent that was lifted up and when people look to him in faith, they find forgiveness and healing (Num. 21).

He is the star that shall come out of Jacob, and the scepter that comes out of Israel (Num. 24:17).

He is a city of refuge for guilty sinners to run into and find shelter (Num. 34).

He gives us every blessing for his obedience to God’s perfect commands, and he paid the price for the curse we deserved for our every disobedience (Deut. 28).

He leads his redeemed people into the Promised Land where they will dwell with him forever (Joshua 3).

He is our conquering warrior, victorious over the powers of sin and death (Joshua 5).

He is the righteous judge and savior who never fails to defend and protect his people when they repent and turn back to him (Judges 2).

He is the offspring of David whose kingdom has been established forever (2 Sam. 7).

He is the very temple of God, which though destroyed was raised again in 3 days (1 Kings 8; 2 Chron. 3).

He is our chief prophet and teacher who restores true religion by calling us away from our idols to return to the One True God (1 Kings 18).

He is leading a remnant out of Babylon back to the Holy Land (Ezra 7).

He is Job’s hope and ours because we know that our Redeemer lives and at the last he will stand upon the earth (Job 19:25).

He is the eternally begotten Son of the Lord Most High, whom kings fear in his anger, and who blesses those who take refuge in him (Psalm 2).

He was for a time forsaken by God on the cross, so that those who are found in him might never be rejected (Psalm 22). And yet, his body did not see corruption, because, as David sang, God did not abandon him to Sheol, but raised him physically with an incorruptible body (Psalm 16).

He is the shepherd of his sheep, who restores the soul of his fold and leads us in paths of righteousness (Psalm 23).

He purges us with a cleanser much stronger than anything the hyssop branch can spatter on us—he washes us clean in his very blood so that we might be whiter than snow (Psalm 51).

At his command the angels would bear him up lest his foot strike a stone, yet he did not call on their aid, but welcomed the cup the Lord had for him to drink (Psalm 91).

He is the greater Son of David who will sit at Yahweh’s right hand until all his enemies are as footstools, and is the priest forever in the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110).

He is the Word of God incarnate, and the only lamp for our path (Psalm 119).

He is the very wisdom of God made manifest in the flesh (Proverbs).

He is the only purpose in life that matters (Ecclesiastes).

Jesus is the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley, and he is the husband who brings his beloved to the banqueting table and who satisfies her fully in his love (Song of Songs 2).

He is the sign to Ahaz, one named Immanuel and born to a virgin (Isaiah 7).

He is the great light shining to a people walking in darkness, coming out of Galilee of the nations; He is the child born who is called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end, and on the throne of David and over his kingdom, he will establish and uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore (Isaiah 9).

He is the shoot coming from the stump of Jesse, and righteousness will be the belt of his waist. During his reign, the wolf will dwell with the lamb and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together, and a little child shall lead them (Isaiah 11).

In his coming, the glory of the Lord is revealed and all flesh shall see it together (Isaiah 40).

He is the Lord’s servant, in whom his soul delights, and with whom he is very well pleased (Isaiah 42).

He is Israel’s only savior and besides him there is no other (Isaiah 43).

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. He is the one who bore our griefs and carried our sorrows. He was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we were healed (Isaiah 53).

He is anointed by the Lord to preach good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prisons to those who are bound. He proclaims the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; and he comforts all who mourn (Isaiah 61).

He creates the new heavens and the new earth and he will dwell with his people there forever (Isaiah 65).

He is the balm in Gilead that heals the sin-sick soul; he is the great physician who restores the health of his people (Jer. 8).

He is the Righteous Branch from David who will deal wisely and execute justice and righteousness in the land (Jeremiah 23).

He drinks the cup of the wine of the wrath of God so that his people will be spared (Jer. 25).

He ushers in the new covenant in his blood, a covenant written on the hearts of his people, and marked by his forgiveness of our sin (Jer. 31).

He is the very manifestation of the never-ceasing steadfast love of God. His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; for great is his faithfulness (Lam. 3).

He brings life to dead men’s bones; by his Spirit he causes breath to come where death had reigned (Ezek. 37).

He is the Son of Man whom the Ancient of Days gives all dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, and that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion (Dan. 7).

He is the merciful husband who takes back his unfaithful wife, and allows us to once again call him “My husband” rather than “My Baal” (Hosea 1-3).

He brings the Day of the Lord, which will be a day of great terror and judgment for all who do not know him, but everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Joel 2).

He is the ruler from Bethlehem Ephrathah, whose origin is of old, from ancient days (Micah 5).

He arrived as king in Jerusalem righteous and having salvation, yet he was humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey (Zech. 9).

He is the refiner’s fire and the fuller’s soap, refining us like gold and silver (Mal. 3).

He is the sun of righteousness, who will rise with healing in his wings, and as a result of what he has done, we, like calves, will go out leaping from our stalls (Mal. 4).

Jesus Christ is the only remedy for the infinite gap between our Holy God and sinful humanity. He is the only bridge from one side to the other. He is the only hope for every downcast soul. He is the only comfort for our sorrow. He is the only healing for our diseased hearts. He is our only true joy in a world full of fleeting pleasures. He is the reason for our existence and we exist to give him praise. So set your heart and your mind and your soul and your strength on him and give him worship.

Source unknown.
But not one of those scriptures says that Jesus is God. Only that he features prominently in God’s purpose in redeeming mankind, who were sold into slavery to sin and death by the disobedience of Adam.

If Adam had not chosen to disobey his God, Jesus would never have been needed to act as redeemer....he would never have been born as a human.....and his role in the Kingdom would have been redundant......but he would still have played an important role as “the Logos” who has been “with God” since his creation.....he has always been “the Word”....God’s chief spokesman.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many SDA's have ever knocked on your door?
Mormons used to come knocking but they had nothing to tell us about God's Kingdom....

Direct answer?....drum roll.....yes I am a JW. After much study, I chose to become a disciple of Christ about 50 years.

Wait for it....
violent

But perhaps now you can answer my direct question....
Can I ask you to define God’s Kingdom scripturally so that you can tell someone else in understandable terms exactly what it means?
What will the kingdom mean for humankind and this earth? What is its purpose?

I will be interested in your answer......
Are you a publisher or a pioneer?

What is your founder (Charles Taze Russell) doing buried under the Egyptian Pyramid, also the Freemasons Cross/Crown from the order of the Knights Templars?

Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916) - Find A Grave...

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is COMPLETELY FALSE. Jesus of Nazareth did say He was God. Not once but several times. And when men worshipped Him as God, He accepted that worship. I have already posted the pertinent Scriptures many times, but there are some here who continue to promote this heresy.
What if the suggestion that “the Son of God” is “ Almighty God”, is the real heresy....after all this whole doctrine was not made official in “the church” until over 300 years after Jesus died. Since the Jews have never believed in a triune God, and Jesus himself never said he was God Almighty, shouldn’t we scrutinise every scripture used to suggest something the Bible never comes right out and actually states?

Only God the Son -- as the Lamb of God -- could take away the sin of the world. So when people deny that Jesus is God, they also deny that they can be saved. And when they call Jesus "a god" (as do the JWs) they assert that Jesus is another one of those false gods, which means that He cannot be the Savior.
Since there is no such person mentioned in scripture, perhaps the title “God the Son” needs to be shown in the Bible......please tell us where we can find that. And while you do that please find “God the Holy Spirit” as well....both seem to be missing from every translation I have consulted.

The Lamb of God is his Lamb, provided to act as our substitute payment for the sin of Adam.
Jesus was the exact equivalent of Adam, needed to pay the redemption price....”a sinless life for a sinless life”. For an immortal God to become a human and die is an impossibility. No mere humans can kill God. It would be an overpayment in the extreme.....like providing 100 million cans of bug spray to kill one mosquito. All Jesus needed to be was sinless......he did not need to be God...although he was divine in his origins....willingly submitting to his Father’s law as Abraham demonstrated the same willingness to sacrifice his son at God’s request.

But here is what the Bible says regarding God our Savior and His blood: Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God [THEOS], which He hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28) Since the Father sent the Son to die on the cross and shed His blood, this verse is speaking about God our Savior -- the Lord Jesus Christ.
Well, it is speaking about the sacrifice of the Christ, but it is mistranslated to suggest something that is not there in the Greek, which like other languages, has different phrasing to English.
That phrase actually says “which he purchased with the blood of his own”....meaning the blood of his own son.

So that there will be no misunderstanding, and so that the mouths of all the naysayers and heretics will be shut, here is what Paul says about Christ:

But hath in due times manifested His Word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. (Titus 1:3,4)

So what do we see in these two verses from Titus:

God our Savior = the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior
God the Father = the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The title “savior” is not confined to Jesus Christ. His father who sent him as savior is also a savior.
The Word means “deliverer”....so assuming that this title relates only to Jesus is not scriptural.

Jude 25 says...

“Now unto him that is able to guard you from stumbling, and to set you before the presence of his glory without blemish in exceeding joy, to the only God our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and power, before all time, and now, and for evermore. Amen. (ASV)

God is called “the only God and savior THROUGH Jesus Christ”.....so God saved us through the sacrifice of his Christ.

Is this Polytheism? Absolutely not. Why, because the Father, the Son (the Word, and the Holy Ghost are ONE GOD (the Godhead):
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7 KJB) This verse was expunged from the modern bible versions to hide the truth from people. It has solid Bible support.

Sorry, that does not hold up under scrutiny....for starters 1 John 5:7 is known to be spurious. It reads more correctly.....
“And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one. (1 John 5:7-8 -ASV)
No trinity here....
There is no support for anyone wanting to “expunge this verse” because your own version supports the trinity....so why would they? Why would they hide “the truth” when it was their own belief? Do you not see how inconsistent your claims are?

Worshipping three gods is polytheism. Squeezing them into one head is imaginary, not scriptural.

You really need to do some proper study Enoch.....you don’t even know when someone is pulling the wool over your eyes.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you a publisher or a pioneer?

What is your founder (Charles Taze Russell) doing buried under the Egyptian Pyramid, also the Freemasons Cross/Crown from the order of the Knights Templars?

Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916) - Find A Grave...
I was wondering when the dirt was going to be dished....good grief is this what you need to do to justify your beliefs?

Do you see when Russell died? 1916. What he started back in the late 1800’s was barely off the ground when he passed away, and there was so much yet to know and to understand. The light on the path was still dim, but as time progressed, the light got brighter. (Proverbs 4:18)

True to Daniel’s prophesy on the “time of the end” God was going to “cleanse, whiten and refine” a people because there would be a need to do that at this time in history. Written 500 years before Christ walked the earth, Daniel’s prophesies would not be understood until that time. (Daniel 12:4, 9-10)

Since all three of these measures are processes, designed to cleanse and refine...and to remove the stains that have contaminated God’s worship over many centuries, we believe that it began with Russell and a group of associates who undertook a serious study of the scriptures to confirm whether Christendom was actually teaching Bible truth. It was a slow and concentrated search through the Bible, which was know to all of these men from different denominations of Christendom, who were troubled by the hypocrisy and teachings they saw in the clergy and their leadership...in much the same way as Jesus found the Jewish faith at his first appearance....contaminated by the traditions of men rather than the word of God.

From those small beginnings, something big was started in fulfilment of Daniel’s prophesy. (Isaiah 60:22 has also foretold this)
Russell was convinced that the great pyramid in Egypt was somehow part of Bible prophesy and his belief was demonstrated in his gravesite. He would not have such a thing today because of the increased knowledge we have, but because it is illegal to desecrate a gravesite, it still stands to this day.

The Freemasons were also a mysterious group, but they understood the sanctity of God’s name....something the group was recognising from the scriptures.....but as understanding progressed, these were found to be a wrong turn in their investigations. They carried on however, refining their beliefs one by one, doctrine by doctrine. It took many years of study and prayer to come to their conclusions and in this 21st century we are now staring down the barrel of the greatest tribulation the world will ever experience, (Matthew 24:21) foretold by Jesus as proof that he is now ruling in his Kingdom, directing the greatest preaching campaign the world has ever seen....in every nation on earth. (Matthew 28:19-20)

So, the early musings were just that....explorations of things that were to be revealed as detours and distractions on the path to truth. Sacred mysteries were to be understood only in this time of the end, which we believe began in 1914 CE, according to Daniel’s prophesy. No one knows when the end will come, but Jesus told us to “keep on the watch” and that is what we have done. (Matthew 24: 43-44)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacred mysteries were to be understood only in this time of the end, which we believe began in 1914 CE,
You use the term (CE or Common Era) in your dating above, why do you disregard (AD or After Death) of Jesus Christ, a common term used by Christian's and the western world?

Do you deny the death of Jesus Christ?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You use the term (CE or Common Era) in your dating above, why do you disregard (AD or After Death) of Jesus Christ, a common term used by Christian's and the western world?

Do you deny the death of Jesus Christ?
Oh dear....AD is Latin and it stands for Anno Domini...”the year of our Lord” relating to his birth, not his death. BC relates to the time Before Christ. I thought everyone knew this? o_O

When I see how much you guys don’t know, it makes me sad....who is failing you in these things?
Are they not easy to confirm or dismiss with a bit of research? Seriously...

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Russell was convinced that the great pyramid in Egypt was somehow part of Bible prophesy and his belief was demonstrated in his gravesite. He would not have such a thing today because of the increased knowledge we have, but because it is illegal to desecrate a gravesite, it still stands to this day.

The Freemasons were also a mysterious group, but they understood the sanctity of God’s name....something the group was recognising from the scriptures.....but as understanding progressed, these were found to be a wrong turn in their investigations. They carried on however, refining their beliefs one by one, doctrine by doctrine. It took many years of study and prayer to come to their conclusions and in this 21st century we are now staring down the barrel of the greatest tribulation the world will ever experience, (Matthew 24:21) foretold by Jesus as proof that he is now ruling in his Kingdom, directing the greatest preaching campaign the world has ever seen....in every nation on earth. (Matthew 28:19-20)

So, the early musings were just that....explorations of things that were to be revealed as detours and distractions on the path to truth. Sacred mysteries were to be understood only in this time of the end, which we believe began in 1914 CE, according to Daniel’s prophesy. No one knows when the end will come, but Jesus told us to “keep on the watch” and that is what we have done. (Matthew 24: 43-44)
Charles Taze Russell falsely predicted Oct 1914 as the second coming of Jesus Christ

1914:
Charles Taze Russell (1852-1916), the WTS founder, believed that Christ had secretly arrived in the year 1874 and that he would establish the Kingdom of God on Earth in 1914-OCT. Russell based this prophecy on a "bewildering number of dates" which he recovered from his studies of the Bible and the Great Pyramid.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear....AD is Latin and it stands for Anno Domini...”the year of our Lord” relating to his birth, not his death. BC relates to the time Before Christ. I thought everyone knew this? o_O

When I see how much you guys don’t know, it makes me sad....who is failing you in these things?
Are they not easy to confirm or dismiss with a bit of research? Seriously...
Once again Antichrist? non-christian worlds (CE) Common Era in your dating, as opposed to using (AD) "Why"?

Many would consider this to be the spirit of antichrist