A Common Error

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a common error for religious preachers/teachers to assume that the Pauline Gospel of Grace should be blended in with what Jesus and the 11 preached to the Jews who were under the Law of Moses. I feel this is a deadly error that will send many to Hell.

Gal 1:8 NKJV
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

It is a fact that God has given humankind different requirements down through history. The Pauline Gospel of salvation by faith in what God did on the cross (His shed blood) is without precedence in the scriptures. When a person fails to see this they will always blend the Law of Moses (what Jesus and the 11 taught to the Jews) with grace and destroy both of them. Paul warned about this in Rom. 2:16 and Rom 16:25.

Rom 2:16 NKJV
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 NKJV
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

It is clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the promised "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles. The following scriptures support this fact.

Matt 10:5 7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23 24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5 7 and Matt 15:23 24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all the promises God made to the Jews that were written about Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8 above.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross. But that purpose was “hidden in God” and revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. (Eph 3:9). The church for this age of grace (the Church of His body) started when Paul preached the gospel of grace that was given to him by Jesus.

It is my obligation/burden to try and get people to see this terrible error.

H. Richard

Reactions: FHII

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a common error for religious preachers/teachers to assume that the Pauline Gospel of Grace should be blended in with what Jesus and the 11 preached to the Jews who were under the Law of Moses. I feel this is a deadly error that will send many to Hell.

The error is to ignore the truth in Christ for a misunderstanding of Paul. Jesus didn't point to Paul. Paul pointed to Jesus.
Paul preached the same kingdom of God that Jesus preached.

The deadly error of a cheap grace gospel will send people into outer darkness...not hell. Jesus was not under the law of Moses. There is nothing above God.

It is very common to misunderstand Paul...notice

2 Pet. 3:16 He (Paul) writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Gal 1:8 NKJV
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

It is a fact that God has given humankind different requirements down through history. The Pauline Gospel of salvation by faith in what God did on the cross (His shed blood) is without precedence in the scriptures. When a person fails to see this they will always blend the Law of Moses (what Jesus and the 11 taught to the Jews) with grace and destroy both of them. Paul warned about this in Rom. 2:16 and Rom 16:25.

Rom 2:16 NKJV
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 NKJV
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

It is clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the promised "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles. The following scriptures support this fact.

Matt 10:5 7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23 24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5 7 and Matt 15:23 24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all the promises God made to the Jews that were written about Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8 above.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross. But that purpose was “hidden in God” and revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. (Eph 3:9). The church for this age of grace (the Church of His body) started when Paul preached the gospel of grace that was given to him by Jesus.

It is my obligation/burden to try and get people to see this terrible error.

H. Richard

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to prove.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry but I have no idea what you are trying to prove.

The gospel of God's grace WAS NOT preached by Jesus or the 12. My saying that does not mean that I am discounting what Jesus did with the Jews. When Jesus and the 12 walked on this earth they were under the covenant based on the Law of Moses. That covenant has been put aside until those saved under God's grace have completed the "BODY OF CHRIST"".

I believe the gospel of grace is based on faith (belief) in the work of Jesus (GOD) on the cross PLUS NOTHING.

Rom 1:16-17 --- The Just Live by Faith
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
NKJV

1 Cor 15:1-5
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
NKJV

Jesus Christ died for our sins

He was buried

He rose again the third day

PERIOD.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The gospel of God's grace WAS NOT preached by Jesus or the 12. My saying that does not mean that I am discounting what Jesus did with the Jews. When Jesus and the 12 walked on this earth they were under the covenant based on the Law of Moses. That covenant has been put aside until those saved under God's grace have completed the "BODY OF CHRIST"".

I believe the gospel of grace is based on faith (belief) in the work of Jesus (GOD) on the cross PLUS NOTHING.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."
NKJV

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

NKJV

He was buried

PERIOD.

There is no gospel of God's grace. There is a gospel of the kingdom according to grace. Grace is the means not the message.

This is just one of many errors...although it is very seductive to those who are looking to sin and get away with it.

Notice this...

Phil. 1:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

Whose grace? God's?...not directly..no it is Paul's grace. The grace that Paul received from God. Paul taught the gospel BY grace.

The gospel is not in word only but in power (grace).

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

He was buried

PERIOD.
ah yes, the obstinate PERIOD lol.

Two ways to interpret "Christ died for our sins" ya know.
No Son of Man may die for another's sins
is in There too buddy, doesn't matter if you can see it or not ok

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

NKJV

NKJV

He was buried

PERIOD.

Yes, I understand that but am not sure what the problem is.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi HR, I think you may be overlooking something. Yes, Jesus taught, lived and died under the law because he had to in order to be the perfect sacrificial Lamb sufficient enough for our salvation. He had to accomplish that first, to be the eternal sacrifice for mankind, in order to establish the eternal way of salvation by grace. There were many ways that Christ pointed to the way of grace w/o stating it outright. It started w/ His expansion of the law in Matt. 5 to include our thought life. He stated that He came to fulfill the law which means to complete it. In Luke 16:16, he states that the law and the prophets were taught until John (the baptist) and since then the kingdom of God was being preached which was pointing the way to grace they just didn't know it yet. When he summed up the ten commandments to two, he was pointing the way to grace. Every time he seemingly flaunted the laws of the sabbath, he was pointing the way to grace. Individual grace is all through the OT so it wasn't a new concept to his audience. The "church" was established in Matt. 10 and many of his prophecies were for the era of grace. That Gentiles would become followers of God was foretold in the NT.

When Peter had his vision about the gentiles no longer being unclean (and everything else under the law that was considered unclean) and salvation being offered to them and his witnessing them speaking in tongues after baptism were all pointing to grace, it's just that having lived under the law for so long, it took the disciples some time to figure out it was no longer necessary. Grace started being taught by Peter, when he realized that having never been under the law, they were not beholden to it. There was some confusion until Paul, an expert in the law, helped to persuade them otherwise. The error comes when one tries to separate Israel and the Gentiles. As Paul points out, God no longer "sees" those differences.

The law will never return, the 144,000 will come to Christ like we all did. The law will not be in the millennium. Those who believe that are totally missing the point of the latter parts of Ezekiel.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There seems to be no end to your unbelievable misrepresentations. Almost all you posts have very serious flaws. The Gospel of Christ is the Gospel of Grace from start to finish, whether preached by Christ or any of His apostles including Paul (and also from Genesis to Revelation). There is only ONE Gospel of Grace, and it also totally different from the so-called "Doctrines of Grace" of the Calvinists.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes; there is not one gospel of Paul and another gospel of Jesus.

1Co 1:11, For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12, Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13, Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1Co 3:1, And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2, I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3, For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co 3:4, For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1Co 3:5, Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1Co 3:6, I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

One could add James to the equation; since he also was an apostle.