A CORONATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
SEVENTY YEARS AGO

Seventy years ago I was just a little lass,
And recall the joyous day the queen was crowned.
We’d painted flags in school
And watched the preparation
As we all looked forward
To our young queen's coronation.

Seventy years ago, I remember very well,
The build up and the hype as the day drew close.
We read all there was to read
About the princess and her prince
There’s not been such excitement
Either before or ever since.

Seventy years ago, on a dismal dreary day,
The family all sat round our wireless set.
As we listened avidly
To the commentary on the air
Of this great historic day
I wished with all my heart I could be there.

Seventy years ago, with my ears glued to the set
I heard the Abbey choir sing “Zadoc the Priest”.
Then “Vivat, vivat Regina Elizabeta”.
It was such a stirring sound
And we let out a joyful cry
As our lovely Queen Elizabeth was crowned.

I wrote this for the diamond jubilee in 2012 but with the coronation of King Charles so near I thought it quite topical.

Last edited:

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SEVENTY YEARS AGO

Seventy years ago I was just a little lass,
And recall the joyous day the queen was crowned.
We’d painted flags in school
And watched the preparation
As we all looked forward
Our young queen's coronation.

Seventy years ago, I remember very well,
The build up and the hype as the day drew close.
We read all there was to read
About the princess and her prince
There’s not been such excitement
Either before or ever since.

Seventy years ago, on a dismal dreary day,
The family all sat round our wireless set.
As we listened avidly
To the commentary on the air
Of this great historic day
I wished wished with all my heart I could be there.

Seventy years ago, with my ears glued to the set
I heard the Abbey choir sing “Zadoc the Priest”.
Then “Vivat, vivat Regina Elizabeta”.
It was such a stirring sound
And we let out a joyful cry
As our lovely Queen Elizabeth was crowned.

I wrote this for the diamond jubilee in 2012 but with the coronation of King Charles so near I thought it quite topical.
I loved the Queen. She helped people in all the ways she could and was well loved - she understood the Biblical idea that to rule is to serve, as Jesus did. I'd get upset when people said that one day she'd step down. I said the Queen would NEVER do such a thing - she vowed to do her duty until the end. And I was correct. I think based on that you can see where my enthusiasm and belief ended up choosing my forum name for a long time now. She is missed by all who loved her.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I loved the Queen. She helped people in all the ways she could and was well loved - she understood the Biblical idea that to rule is to serve, as Jesus did. I'd get upset when people said that one day she'd step down. I said the Queen would NEVER do such a thing - she vowed to do her duty until the end. And I was correct. I think based on that you can see where my enthusiasm and belief ended up choosing my forum name for a long time now. She is missed by all who loved her.
God warns that kings are no good and only end in power diffencial. It also states we can not serve two masters. These are VERY clear. If you support man made royalty you refuse to acknowlage these important lessons the bible teaches you, plain and simple, full stop the end.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There's a little book called 'The Servant Queen and the King she served' With a forward by the queen herself.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Queen Elizabeth is not a figure to be mourned, but a symbol of an empire responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history, who reaped massive amounts of wealth stolen from its colonies.

Wake up to yourselves.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God warns that kings are no good and only end in power diffencial. It also states we can not serve two masters. These are VERY clear. If you support man made royalty you refuse to acknowlage these important lessons the bible teaches you, plain and simple, full stop the end.
What about King David? Whom Christ is going to raise again one day?

Reactions: WPM

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Zachariah please remember that this is the creative writing section of the forum. If you wish to have a debate about royalty then perhaps start your own thread in a different forum.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Zachariah please remember that this is the creative writing section of the forum. If you wish to have a debate about royalty then perhaps start your own thread in a different forum.
I just thought I would share my poem because the next coronation will be in just a few weeks but it seems to have upset some people. Do you think i should delete it @Rita ?

Reactions: liafailrock

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just thought I would share my poem because the next coronation will be in just a few weeks but it seems to have upset some people. Do you think i should delete it @Rita ?
A resounding ‘ No ‘ ……you have done nothing wrong Pearl. Members need to respect that debate is not Suitable for all areas of the forum. The poem is important to you and you wanted to share it, this should be a safe area of the forum to do just that xxx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A resounding ‘ No ‘ ……you have done nothing wrong Pearl. Members need to respect that debate is not Suitable for all areas of the forum. The poem is important to you and you wanted to share it, this should be a safe area of the forum to do just that xxx
Thank you.

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whats the debate. The queen supported the pope and paedophilia amongst many other things. This is truth. I personaly don't call that a very good person. But hay, you guys can worship who you want.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the debate. The queen supported the pope and paedophilia amongst many other things. This is truth. I personaly don't call that a very good person. But hay, you guys can worship who you want.
You are being critical , raising negatives and expressing your views on the subject. There are places on the forum for that , but not here.

Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a little book called 'The Servant Queen and the King she served' With a forward by the queen herself.
The more I read about great people who inspire me, I learn who inspired them. This deepens my appreciation for greatness.

The King inspired the Queen, who inspired Pearl to write a wonderful poem for all of us to enjoy and reflect on.

Queen Elizabeth is not a figure to be mourned, but a symbol of an empire
I'd love to chat with you about this, as Rita said, in a different forum.

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just to explain: This thread is not about the late Queen. It is just a remembrance of the 1953 coronation from a child's point of view.
But some people refuse to see that and there are always some who will act in an unChristian-like manner who want to spoil things.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are being critical , raising negatives and expressing your views on the subject. There are places on the forum for that , but not here.
I can't read his hostile posts @Rita as I have him on ignore.

• Love
Reactions: WPM

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Queen Elizabeth is not a figure to be mourned, but a symbol of an empire responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history, who reaped massive amounts of wealth stolen from its colonies.

Wake up to yourselves.

You sound like you have a bit of a victim mentality. This explains your hatred of the Queen.

Last edited: