A Curious Question For Non-Trinitarians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you its a mistranslation in the ot--100% fact. I dont make things up.

I proclaim to you that the translation is correct.

The truly accurate direct translation Lord Jesus Christ's words from Greek to English of John 8:58 is "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

That "I AM" is "ego eimi" which also appears in Exodus 3:14; therefore, just like when Jesus says "My God, My God why have you forsaken Me" (Matthew 27:46) referring hearers to Psalm 22 which includes "They pierced my hands and my feet" (Psalm 22:16), in the same manner Jesus said "I AM" (ego eimi) referring hearers to Exodus 3:14 (Septuagint OT is Greek) where God says to Moses "I AM the Being" (ego eimi ho on) - the truly accurate translation.

As the scriptural evidence shows, Jesus' words recorded in John 8:58 refer back to God's words in Exodus 3:14 and the continuing passage such as God's instruction to Moses to say "YHWH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you" (Exodus 3:15) which is also Jesus Christ's message Who is like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15).

In John 8:58, Jesus declares Himself to be God.

Your assertion about mistranslation is antichrist.

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you have it, Lord Jesus Christ is YHWH since He says "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

Jesus says I AM, and He did not say "I was created".

Regardless how far back in time one projects, the Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus Christ's words of I AM trumpet true, so Jesus is everlasting.

The week before any of the angels were created, Jesus' words of I AM harmonize truthfully, so Jesus is everlasting.

The Apostle Thomas confessed “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28) to the Risen Jesus Christ, so Jesus being God is Apostolic teaching.

YHWH God is everlasting.

Jesus is everlasting.

No one else is everlasting, none other is everlasting God (Isaiah 45:5).

The everlasting YHWH God is Lord Jesus Christ for He declares "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

Jesus is the beginning of creation (Revelation 3:14) in that:
  • "All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being" (John 1:3), SO THE SON OF GOD, JESUS, BEGINS THE CREATION AND COMPLETES THE CREATION.
  • "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation" (Colossians 1:15), SO THE SON OF MAN, JESUS, IS THE LEADER (THE FIRSTBORN) OF ALL THE BORN AGAIN (JOHN 3:3-8).

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28) - the Son of God.
  • In Revelation 3:14 we find Christ referring to Himself in His capacity of truly God.
  • In Colossians 1:15 we find Paul referring to Christ in His capacity of truly Man.

Emmanuel, Jesus, is truly Almighty God, YHWH (Revelation 1:8).

The truly accurate direct translation Lord Jesus Christ's words from Greek to English of John 8:58 is "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

That "I AM" is "ego eimi" which also appears in Exodus 3:14; therefore, just like when Jesus says "My God, My God why have you forsaken Me" (Matthew 27:46) referring hearers to Psalm 22 which includes "They pierced my hands and my feet" (Psalm 22:16), in the same manner Jesus said "I AM" (ego eimi) referring hearers to Exodus 3:14 (Septuagint OT is Greek) where God says to Moses "I AM the Being" (ego eimi ho on) - the truly accurate translation.

As the scriptural evidence shows, Jesus' words recorded in John 8:58 refer back to God's words in Exodus 3:14 and the continuing passage such as God's instruction to Moses to say "YHWH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you" (Exodus 3:15) which is also Jesus Christ's message Who is like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15).

You can claim anything you want. The Hebrews say its error. Its their language. Jesus is not Almighty God- James 1:1 he teaches he serves 2 separate beings. One is God, one is Jesus. They are always mentioned separate of each other over and over. Rev 1:1--God gave the revelation to Jesus. If he were God he already had it. Same with the kingship-If he were God, he was already king but he was appointed for 1000 years, then he must hand it back to his God and Father and subject himself-1Cor 15:24-28)--Your translations are error filled. The truths i share are in every translation. The bible does not teach 2 different truths. Your bibles do.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can claim anything you want. The Hebrews say its error. Its their language. Jesus is not Almighty God- James 1:1 he teaches he serves 2 separate beings. One is God, one is Jesus. They are always mentioned separate of each other over and over. Rev 1:1--God gave the revelation to Jesus. If he were God he already had it. Same with the kingship-If he were God, he was already king but he was appointed for 1000 years, then he must hand it back to his God and Father and subject himself-1Cor 15:24-28)--Your translations are error filled. The truths i share are in every translation. The bible does not teach 2 different truths. Your bibles do.

The Jews, or Hebrews as you called them, disbelieved in Messiah Yeshua, Lord Jesus, yet you cling to the Jews as an authoritative source on the matter, so you are dead wrong.

James 1:1 contains nothing stating that Jesus is not God; on the other hand, the Apostle Thomas testified that Yeshua is God with "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).

The Apostle Peter testified that Jesus is God with "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1).

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28) - the Son of God. See post #234 for scriptural detail.

These translations are accurate, but your thoughts are in error which leads to everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46) - whether you believe in everlasting punishment or not.

Keiw, regarding 1 Corinthians 15:24-28, you have irreconcilable passages for your claim that Jesus is only man not God. You seemed to have missed “the God and Father” and “He is excepted” and “then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.” The words of Lord Jesus “I and the Father are One” (John 10:30) impact 1 Cor 15:24-28 such that Jesus and the Father comprise the One True God. You are confusing the mention of "Son", that is, your thoughts fail to acknowledge that Jesus, truly Man, can relinquish the kingdom per 1 Cor 15:24-28 while Jesus, truly God, reigns forever - see the following quoted passages. Also, “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” as written by the Apostle Paul (1 Timothy 1:17, 1 Timothy 6:15 [King of kings is Jesus], Revelation 19:16 [King of kings is Jesus], John 18:37 [Jesus declares Himself to be King]), the same Apostle Paul that wrote 1 Cor 15:24-28. Also, the Apostle John recorded ‘Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.”‘ (Revelation 11:15). There is not contradiction when it is known that Christ is Jesus is God.

Immanuel (Matthew 1:23), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, Yahweh (Revelation 1:8).

Last edited:
Reactions: PinSeeker

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do hear it the way its actually meant.....
No, with all due respect, AJ, you don't. Kermos has stated it as clearly as possible. I encourage you to read his (her?) recent posts. The only thing I would add is... well, first:

Perhaps you can present a clear and direct statement from God or his Christ that they are part of a "godhead" with the holy spirit.....who are all equally "God"......I would like to see where John presents God or Christ ever saying that.
Christ Jesus Himself bears it out very clearly in John 14.

An "abstract concept"...is that what you call it?
Well, actually, I was referring to the concept that a person cannot be separated from his/her word or breath ~ in the sense that you cannot really be separated from what you say or from your breath. I take back that that concept is abstract. :) You know… because I can see you, I can hear you, and I can feel your breath… or I could, anyway, if we were in close proximity to one another… :)

Since when is the Bible said to have 'abstract concepts' about the nature of God and his son?
Yeah, never, so, agreed.

The fact that they are called Father and son in the first place is proof that God wanted us to recognize their relationship as we humans would understand it...
Partially, yes, but really much more than just that. Read on.

...The Father as the "Begetter" and the Son as the "Begotten". The Son is the creation of his Father....his "firstborn". (Colossians 1:15)
"Firstborn," in Paul's context, is regarding preeminence, and not merely "born before anyone else" ~ the very same context in which David is made firstborn, though he was born after all his brothers. And as you know, Jesus is the last Adam:

“'The first man Adam became a living being'; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit... The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven... As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the Man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven... Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the Man of heaven" (1 Corinthians 15:45-49).​

Who said that the Redeemer had to be God incarnate?
No mere man is qualified to mediate between God and man except One Who is both God and man. The author of Hebrews is very clear about this fact.

An immortal God cannot die...nor can mere humans kill God...the idea is ridiculous.
Well, but Jesus has the ability, as God, to lay down His life on earth and then take it up again, which He said very clearly in John 10, when He says, "I lay down my life for the sheep... I lay down my life that I may take it up again... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord... I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again... This charge I have received from my Father." And to head off at least one of your objections, yes, He received that charge from His Father, just as He said, but He would not have received this charge if He, by His own accord, could not execute this charge. God alone gives life and has command over it, and Jesus is there saying He is God also, because He, fully God as He is, has command over His own earthly life.

Okay so here's a good place to put in the addition to what Kermos has said:

We can take a look at YHVH's covenant with Abram (soon to become Abraham) in Genesis 15. Normally, the two parties to the covenant being made would have both passed through the halves (front quarters on one side, hind quarters on the other) of the animals to ratify the covenant, both parties essentially saying, "If I don't keep my end of the covenant, this is what will happen to me; I will be cut in half." But as you know, YHVH put Abram into a deep sleep and then walked through the animal halves alone, and in effect saying:

"If I don't keep My end of this covenant, this is what will happen to Me," and, on behalf of Abram (and thus all his progeny), "If you don't keep your end of this covenant, this is what will happen to Me,"

YHVH, in the Person of Christ Jesus, did the latter.

He says there that The Son was "sent" by his Father, (whom Jesus identified as "the only true God") to give his life for them. (John 17:3) Did Jesus die? If he didn't, the ransom is not paid and we are still doomed.
See above. Of course He did. It might behoove you not to stop at John 17:3 and read on to John 17:5, where He prays with absolute confidence for the Father to "glorify (Him; Jesus) in (His; the Father's) own presence with the glory that (He, Jesus) had with (Him; the Father) before the world existed."

And here also, Jesus's high priestly prayer, as we refer to it, is confirming to us that Jesus pre-existed everything... He was not "born" ~ except only to the extent that He submitted Himself to being born of a woman, to take on the form of man for our sake, as Paul says in Philippians 2. As John has said previously, "All things were made through Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made... In Him was life, and the life was the light of men" (John 1:3-4)

Yes, I see that very clearly.....since Isaiah 35 is a prophesy about the future...
Yes and no. He's talking about salvation of men ~ being born again of the Spirit ~ which was occurring then, is now, and will continue to happen until Christ Jesus returns. This is the initial fulfillment. So, regarding your statement, no, it is not future only.

But after Christ's triumphant return and the ensuing Judgment, Christ consummates the kingdom and we have the new heaven and new earth. This is the ultimate fulfillment. So, here, yes, it is future only... right now.

So again, yes and no... or rather, in order, no and yes. :)

I'll rely on my God to undo the damage that satan has caused and give us back what Adam and his wife lost for us....it wasn't heaven.
LOL! Agreed. :)

Grace and peace to you, AJ.

Last edited:

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question I was hoping to maybe get some answers on from non-Trinitarians. Here goes: Using scriptural proofs, what would you say is the difference between serving the man Jesus Christ and serving God? I ask because this question presents itself in the following passage of scripture:

22 Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eye-service as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. 23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. Serve Christ the Lord. 25 But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality. (Colossians 3:22-25)

The Trinitarian interprets "the Lord" here to be one and the same in every verse, referring to the Lord Jesus Christ, whom Paul's readers were being encouraged to serve with sincerity of heart, in fearing God. The non-Trinitarian, however, interprets verses 22-24 to be references to serving God, whereas the phrase in v.24 "Serve Christ the Lord" is a sudden transition to talking about serving the man Jesus Christ.

So how from scripture is serving the man Jesus Christ different from serving God?

Blessings in Christ to all who respond.
Hidden In Him
First of all, I love all Christians, Trinitarian or not!

1 Cor 8:5-6,

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.
There are many gods, but only one Yahweh. There are also many lords, but Christians out to make Jesus their Lord. He knows more than all the others.

One God - the Father. Even if the scriptures did mention a "God the Son" (which of course it doesn't), he'd still not be God.

Acts 2:36,

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
One part of God making another part Lord?

Christ = Greek "Anointed" Who exactly anointed God (if Jesus is God)?

God bless.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews, or Hebrews as you called them, disbelieved in Messiah Yeshua, Lord Jesus, yet you cling to the Jews as an authoritative source on the matter, so you are dead wrong.

James 1:1 contains nothing stating that Jesus is not God; on the other hand, the Apostle Thomas testified that Yeshua is God with "My Lord and my God" (John 20:28).

The Apostle Peter testified that Jesus is God with "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1).

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28) - the Son of God. See post #234 for scriptural detail.

These translations are accurate, but your thoughts are in error which leads to everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46) - whether you believe in everlasting punishment or not.

Keiw, regarding 1 Corinthians 15:24-28, you have irreconcilable passages for your claim that Jesus is only man not God. You seemed to have missed “the God and Father” and “He is excepted” and “then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.” The words of Lord Jesus “I and the Father are One” (John 10:30) impact 1 Cor 15:24-28 such that Jesus and the Father comprise the One True God. You are confusing the mention of "Son", that is, your thoughts fail to acknowledge that Jesus, truly Man, can relinquish the kingdom per 1 Cor 15:24-28 while Jesus, truly God, reigns forever - see the following quoted passages. Also, “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” as written by the Apostle Paul (1 Timothy 1:17, 1 Timothy 6:15 [King of kings is Jesus], Revelation 19:16 [King of kings is Jesus], John 18:37 [Jesus declares Himself to be King]), the same Apostle Paul that wrote 1 Cor 15:24-28. Also, the Apostle John recorded ‘Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ; and He will reign forever and ever.”‘ (Revelation 11:15). There is not contradiction when it is known that Christ is Jesus is God.

Immanuel (Matthew 1:23), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, Yahweh (Revelation 1:8).

They know the language better than any trinitarian does. Look up Ho Theos( The God)= only the Father is called that in the NT--Its in the second line at John 1:1, but plain Theos in the last line= a god small g=Fact.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.

Actually, I don't think Jesus' statement in John 8:58 declares He is God. We are told in the passage in Exodus that the Angel or messenger of the Lord appeared in the bush. Jesus statement in John 8:58 is a declaration that it was Him who spoke to Moses. Jesus also said that the words He spoke were not His but the Father's. It seems to me that He did the same in the burning bush, He spoke the words of the Father.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, I don't think Jesus' statement in John 8:58 declares He is God. We are told in the passage in Exodus that the Angel or messenger of the Lord appeared in the bush. Jesus statement in John 8:58 is a declaration that it was Him who spoke to Moses. Jesus also said that the words He spoke were not His but the Father's. It seems to me that He did the same in the burning bush, He spoke the words of the Father.
Jesus in the flesh and Jesus in Heaven one can say are two different things ? or come from another angle ?
Well on earth he is Jesus ? and in Heaven he is Christ Jesus.
Now most who had faith in Jesus on earth only thought he maybe the Christ ? but Nathaniel knew he was the Christ directly. now that was because Nathaniel was the epitome of Israel in fact, he was Israel ! it's self, as Jesus explained the fact and what Nathaniel will see ! and only Jacob was the only man before that given that Title, by an Angel in fact !

Remember the name Emmanuel = God with us ? that is Jesus name of who he was ? and Jesus was what he did ? = Saviour of your Soul. and Christ = Your Lord ?
So he is your Lord and Saviour ! and also he is with you !

Now as to the Holy Spirit ? well without that you have nothing ! the phone line is dead so to speak.

Then again as to God ? well there is nothing without God ! so he sent out his only begotten Son and then we got the Holy Spirit, so that is all in regards to God !
Yes their are 3 in one that led to God in fact.

Now who claims that you can come to God the Father without the 3 in one ?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They know the language better than any trinitarian does. Look up Ho Theos( The God)= only the Father is called that in the NT--Its in the second line at John 1:1, but plain Theos in the last line= a god small g=Fact.

Oh, so you claim there are two gods based upon that which you wrote regarding John 1:1 in your quoted post.

You disagree with the Word of God because the Word of God states there is One True God (Isaiah 45:5).

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In John 8:58 Lord Jesus does not mention Moses, in fact, Jesus reaches farther back in time to Moses' ancestor named Abraham.

Here is the Word of God "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

Please notice that my next post to you does not include mention of Exodus 3:14.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane @Keiw @Butch5

Truly, Lord Jesus Christ says "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

So, one week before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM ring true.

And, two weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM resound true.

And, three weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM are true.

And, the minute prior to the minute any of all the angels were created Jesus' words of I AM trumpet true.

And, the week prior to any of the angels being created Jesus' words of I AM harmonize truthfully.

No matter when in time one seeks before Abraham was born, Jesus Christ's words of I AM remain absolutely true.

Going back in time, Jesus is always I AM, never created, He is always I AM.

Going back in time, anytime in all eternity because Jesus says "before Abraham" with no exceptions, Jesus Being.

Behold, Going back in time, Jesus Being.

JESUS IS EVERLASTING going back in time.

Jesus says "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).

The angel Gabriel declared to Mary about Jesus "He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end" (Luke 1:33).

Behold, Going forward in time, Jesus Being.

JESUS IS EVERLASTING going forward in time.

GOD is exclusively the One that IS EVERLASTING going back in time and going forward in time.

God is everlasting.

Jesus is everlasting.

Everlasting YHWH God is Lord Jesus Christ for He declares "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8, see also Revelation 21:6 and Revelation 22:13), thus says He Who is coming on the clouds!

"I am YHWH, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God" (Isaiah 45:5).

"Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me" (Isaiah 43:10).

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28) - the Son of God.

All people that think Jesus Christ was created hold to news that is not the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:6-7), so you have no gospel at all.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everlasting YHWH God is Lord Jesus Christ for He declares "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).
That is not a logical deduction. Satan existed before Abraham too, so acording to your logic then Satan is also God YHVH. And all the angels too.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no capitalization in the original Greek (Koine) of the New Testament, and there is no definite article. The NWT is a heretical translation in many places, re-engineered to fit a preconceived set of beliefs.

Grace and peace to you, Keiw.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Jesus in the flesh and Jesus in Heaven one can say are two different things ? or come from another angle ?
Well on earth he is Jesus ? and in Heaven he is Christ Jesus.
Now most who had faith in Jesus on earth only thought he maybe the Christ ? but Nathaniel knew he was the Christ directly. now that was because Nathaniel was the epitome of Israel in fact, he was Israel ! it's self, as Jesus explained the fact and what Nathaniel will see ! and only Jacob was the only man before that given that Title, by an Angel in fact !

Remember the name Emmanuel = God with us ? that is Jesus name of who he was ? and Jesus was what he did ? = Saviour of your Soul. and Christ = Your Lord ?
So he is your Lord and Saviour ! and also he is with you !

Now as to the Holy Spirit ? well without that you have nothing ! the phone line is dead so to speak.

Then again as to God ? well there is nothing without God ! so he sent out his only begotten Son and then we got the Holy Spirit, so that is all in regards to God !
Yes their are 3 in one that led to God in fact.

Now who claims that you can come to God the Father without the 3 in one ?
Sorry, I'm not following you here. The passage in Exodus tells us that the Angel of the LORD appeared in the bush. It doesn't say God appeared in the bush. In John Jesus is telling the Jews that it was Him who spoke to Moses.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
In John 8:58 Lord Jesus does not mention Moses, in fact, Jesus reaches farther back in time to Moses' ancestor named Abraham.

Here is the Word of God "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

Please notice that my next post to you does not include mention of Exodus 3:14.

No, He doesn't mention Moses, but the title "I AM" is what the Angel said to Moses. In the passage the Angel or messenger of the Lord appears to Moses and God speaks through Him. The Angel of the Lord in this case is Jesus, He spoke for God in the first person. He said,

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (Exod. 3:14 KJV)

When Jesus says to the Jews, 'before Abraham was I AM' He's quoting this passage from Exodus. If He was just saying that He existed before Abraham He'd say, before Abraham was, I was. By saying "I AM" He's leading them to the passage in Exodus, telling them that it was Him who spoke to Moses.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
@Aunty Jane @Keiw @Butch5

Truly, Lord Jesus Christ says "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58).

So, one week before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM ring true.

And, two weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM resound true.

And, three weeks before Abraham was born Jesus' words of I AM are true.

And, the minute prior to the minute any of all the angels were created Jesus' words of I AM trumpet true.

And, the week prior to any of the angels being created Jesus' words of I AM harmonize truthfully.

No matter when in time one seeks before Abraham was born, Jesus Christ's words of I AM remain absolutely true.

Going back in time, Jesus is always I AM, never created, He is always I AM.

Going back in time, anytime in all eternity because Jesus says "before Abraham" with no exceptions, Jesus Being.

Behold, Going back in time, Jesus Being.

JESUS IS EVERLASTING going back in time.

Jesus says "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).

The angel Gabriel declared to Mary about Jesus "He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end" (Luke 1:33).

Behold, Going forward in time, Jesus Being.

JESUS IS EVERLASTING going forward in time.

GOD is exclusively the One that IS EVERLASTING going back in time and going forward in time.

God is everlasting.

Jesus is everlasting.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8, see also Revelation 21:6 and Revelation 22:13), thus says He Who is coming on the clouds!

"I am YHWH, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God" (Isaiah 45:5).

"Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me" (Isaiah 43:10).

All people that think Jesus Christ was created hold to news that is not the Good News (Gospel) of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:6-7), so you have no gospel at all.

You're missing the point. Jesus isn't claiming to have existed forever. He's alluding to the burning bush. Jesus didn't exist since eternity past. Paul said that Jesus was the first born of all creation.

NAS Colossians 1:15 And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. (Col. 1:15 NAS)

He doesn't reign forever. That's a poor translation. Translators have done a poor job translating the words olam and aion. They do not mean forever. Paul tells us that Jesus must reign until all enemies are put down and then He turns the kingdom over to the Father.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (1 Cor. 15:24-28 KJV)

Here Paul differentiates between Jesus the Son and God the Father. He says plainly that when all enemies are put down Christ will deliver the Kingdom over to God, the Father, and then Christ will be subject to God, the Father. Paul tells us plainly here that God is the Father.

Jesus said that He proceeded forth and came out of God

The problem is that people equivocate on the word God. The word God is used in Scripture as a title and a reference to the one true God of Israel. People don't distinguish the difference and that's where the confusion comes from. In the Bible the one true God is the Father, Jesus stated that plainly. Paul also said that there is one God, the Father. The word God is used of pagan gods just as it is of the one true God. The Greek word theos is used of deities. Jesus is Divine just as the Father is Divine, however, they are not the same. As we saw from Paul, The Father is the ultimate authority. He is NEVER subject to anyone. And, NO ONE is His equal. Even when all things were put under Christ, He was given all authority, Paul says that the Father was excepted from that. The Father was never under the Son's authority.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that people equivocate on the word God. The word God is used in Scripture as a title and a reference to the one true God of Israel. People don't distinguish the difference and that's where the confusion comes from. In the Bible the one true God is the Father, Jesus stated that plainly. Paul also said that there is one God, the Father. The word God is used of pagan gods just as it is of the one true God. The Greek word theos is used of deities. Jesus is Divine just as the Father is Divine, however, they are not the same. As we saw from Paul, The Father is the ultimate authority. He is NEVER subject to anyone. And, NO ONE is His equal. Even when all things were put under Christ, He was given all authority, Paul says that the Father was excepted from that. The Father was never under the Son's authority.
True, the son is not his own father. It should be that simple, but somehow the meaning of simple words flies out the window and we end up saying that the son and the Father are one and the same. Go figure!

You are right about the meaning of the word, "god." Corinthians declares that there are actually many gods (1 Cor 8:5), and there are many gods. The Ancient Near Easterner would understand that "god" means someone with power and authority, including other humans. I think not saying God's actual name, Yahweh, causes many problems. His title, "God" is not at all unique, whereas His name, "Yahweh" is quite unique. He used it some 6,800 times in the OT. Odd we hardly ever hear it in the church assemblies though.

Yahweh is Yahweh and Jesus is Jesus. Very simple concept that our Yahweh given brains can actually understand. They're certainly not designed to grasp three people are actually somehow one person. Huge disconnect there.

God bless

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Fact: the Apostle Peter used the direct object with Theos, as in "tou theou" (the God) referring to Jesus when Peter wrote "Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1).

Your words in your post are a LIE where you convey that Lord Jesus is not referred to as "the God" in the NT.

Reactions: PinSeeker

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus isn't claiming to have existed forever... Jesus didn't exist since eternity past.
Oh... yes, He is, and yes, He has... :)

Paul said that Jesus was the first born of all creation.

NAS Colossians 1:15 And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. (Col. 1:15 NAS)
"Firstborn," in Paul's context, is regarding preeminence, and not merely "born before anyone else" ~ the very same context in which David is made firstborn, though he was actually the last born in his family (after all his brothers). And as you know, Jesus is the last Adam:

“'The first man Adam became a living being'; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit... The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven... As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the Man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven... Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the Man of heaven" (1 Corinthians 15:45-49).

He doesn't reign forever. That's a poor translation.
He does reign forever, but the context there is regarding this age, the age before His return, which will He will bring to a close upon His return. Paul in no way says Jesus will not reign after the close of this age.

In the Bible the one true God is the Father, Jesus stated that plainly.
Yes, and He also said that anyone who had seen Him had seen the Father, and that He and the Father are one. The one true God of Israel is the triune Jehovah.

Jesus is Divine just as the Father is Divine, however, they are not the same.
Distinct in Person, yes.

The Father is the ultimate authority. He is NEVER subject to anyone. And, NO ONE is His equal. Even when all things were put under Christ, He was given all authority, Paul says that the Father was excepted from that. The Father was never under the Son's authority.
Agreed. And but you would acknowledge, surely, that Christ Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Grace and peace to you.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
True, the son is not his own father. It should be that simple, but somehow the meaning of simple words flies out the window and we end up saying that the son and the Father are one and the same. Go figure!

You are right about the meaning of the word, "god." Corinthians declares that there are actually many gods (1 Cor 8:5), and there are many gods. The Ancient Near Easterner would understand that "god" means someone with power and authority, including other humans. I think not saying God's actual name, Yahweh, causes many problems. His title, "God" is not at all unique, whereas His name, "Yahweh" is quite unique. He used it some 6,800 times in the OT. Odd we hardly ever hear it in the church assemblies though.

Yahweh is Yahweh and Jesus is Jesus. Very simple concept that our Yahweh given brains can actually understand. They're certainly not designed to grasp three people are actually somehow one person. Huge disconnect there.

God bless
Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.