A Different Look at Genesis - Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let’s focus on what happened after God created Adam.
For example, young-earthers want to believe that when God created Adam, after His day of rest, He created Eve and they woke up the next morning and went straight to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. However, the bible doesn't say that! Gen. 1:24-31 gives us an outline of the sixth day of creation. In Gen. 2:1-20, the bible goes into a little more detail about the 6th day. When discussing the time of creation, the bible uses the word “generations” in Gen. 2:4, I think the usage of that word, implies a longer period of time then six 24 hour days but a day of a thousand years, in my opinion, makes a lot more sense. I also think that the last phrase of Gen. 2:5 – “…and there was not a man to till the ground ” implies a longer time than a single day as the plant life God created needed time to expand and grow. When God created the fish, fowl and animals, I believe he created more than two of each. I think the whole earth was teeming with life all being fruitful, and multiplying before Adam was made.

We don’t know how long Adam was in the garden alone before God made Eve. I would guesstimate about five hundred years, if we consider a thousand yr. “day”. That gives Adam time to work and cultivate the garden until God decides that he needs a “companion/helper”. I believe that until the fall God’s creation was eternal and I believe that included plant and animal life as well. We also don’t know how long they both lived in the garden before the fall. I believe it's possible they could have lived thousands of years in the garden because they were created as eternal beings with access to the Tree of Life. In fact, before sin entered into the world everything was eternal because there was no death. Everything that God created was very good! There was no rot and decay among the plant life. From Gen. 1:29-30 it can be assumed that there were no meat eaters and everything that ate had a vegetarian type diet.

God told everything He created to be fruitful and multiply and I believe that was meant for Adam and Eve as well. Here are a couple of things you may not have considered before and were the catalysts for writing this paper. I was asking God for wisdom and knowledge concerning this issue and He led me to Gen. 3:16 and to look at it differently. One, is that as perfect human beings, they most likely had use of 100% of their brain, whereas science tells us that presently we only use about 10% of our brain. Imagine their intelligence! Sometimes they are pictured as doe-eyed innocents lost in a majestic garden and other times they’re pictured as little more than ignorant cave people but I believe both of those pictures vastly under-estimate the perfection of God’s creation.

Here is another thing that is never spoken of. Did you know that Eve must have had children before the fall because as part of their judgment in Gen. 3:16, God changed the parameters of child birth? “Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.” If she had never had children how would she know the difference? How can something be “multiplied” from nothing?

I think if we reverse engineer this verse we can assume that prior to the fall childbirth was virtually painless and the length of pregnancy was much shorter. I believe it is very possible that they had hundreds or thousands of children before the fall!

As many of the prophetic fulfillments echo historical timing, I would guesstimate they lived around 3500 yrs. (3 ½ days/years) in the garden before the fall. This would bring Earth’s age closer to 16,000 yrs. or more, which falls closer in line with scientific theories regarding the dates of their evolution of man. The biblical record of childbirth just starts after the fall, when death entered into the equation and "time" began to matter! The day of the “fall” can also be considered as Adam’s birthday, as that is the day he and the rest of humanity began to die.

Recognizing this possibility solves three of the mysteries that surround the stories in Genesis. The first is that this would explain the “others" that Cain was concerned about (Gen. 4:14). The second would be the identity of the “sons of God” that mated with the daughters of men in Gen. 6:4. The third would be where the “giants” came from that are also found in vs. 4.

Is it possible that in God’s mind He separated the children of Adam and Eve into two groups? Perhaps the ones conceived before the fall which were eternal and had no prior knowledge of evil He considered “children of God” and those conceived after the fall would be considered the “children of men” because they lost access to the Tree of Life and were no longer His children but the children, so to speak, of the Evil One now that they had received the basic sin nature that we all would inherit.

Speaking to that issue, I’m not a scientist but it’s my opinion that both of those trees had genetic/dna consequences. The Tree of Life extended their lives and added to their aspect as eternal beings, which was one of the aspects of the likeness of God in which they were created. From their partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the only way it made them more like God was the newly acquired knowledge and awareness of evil. That knowledge, I believe, was also inherently passed down through the generations via our gene pool passed down through the man’s seed. That is why God had to use His seed and a virgin so Jesus could be born w/o that basic sin nature. It was the only way He had a chance to live a sinless life and thus become the pure and spotless Lamb that was sacrificed for our sakes.

This also explains why they were so long-lived before the flood. It took time for the eternal aspect of their DNA to degrade down to the point where our life span had decreased to 120 years or less.

I also believe the antediluvian civilization because of the sons of God were far more advanced then we give them credit for and thankfully most of that knowledge was lost in the flood. As man was created in God’s image we most likely received the desire to explore and create as well. Imagine the things we could come up with if we had access to 100% of our brain. I believe they excelled at agriculture and animal husbandry and as herbalists and many other “earth” sciences that we lost because of the flood.

When evil came upon the earth it wouldn’t surprise me if their knowledge took a darker turn towards genetic manipulation and plant based chemistry. Perhaps they are the ones that created the ancient carnivores like T-Rexes, maybe in an effort to eradicate bothersome creatures who were ruining their planting efforts, and such and it’s not impossible that they mixed human and animal DNA to come up with the creatures from Greek Mythology as well, whose stories were passed down from the sons of Noah which were added to or changed as what happens when tales are passed down through the generations. Let’s not forget the possibility of plant-based chemical enhancements and DNA manipulation that could create the “giants” and “men of renown” also from Gen. 6:4.

I’m not declaring everything in this article to be the truth but as seekers of the truth shouldn’t we consider all the possibilities that are out there? These are just some of the thoughts I’ve pondered over the years on this, to me, very interesting topic. I do have one question for those who have a leaning towards evolution. What would the “half-life” register of a creature with either eternal or partial eternal DNA? It wouldn’t surprise me if it registered a couple hundred million years or more!

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don’t know how long Adam was in the garden alone before God made Eve.
well first off, you hit it on the head as to how long they was in the Garden, the bible don't say, correct.
Here is another thing that is never spoken of. Did you know that Eve must have had children before the fall because as part of their judgment in Gen. 3:16, God changed the parameters of child birth? “Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.” If she had never had children how would she know the difference? How can something be “multiplied” from nothing?
BINGO, this is what I been preaching all the time.
Recognizing this possibility solves three of the mysteries that surround the stories in Genesis. The first is that this would explain the “others" that Cain was concerned about (Gen. 4:14). The second would be the identity of the “sons of God” that mated with the daughters of men in Gen. 6:4. The third would be where the “giants” came from that are also found in vs. 4.
Bingo again, this is what I been saying.
Is it possible that in God’s mind He separated the children of Adam and Eve into two groups? Perhaps the ones conceived before the fall which were eternal and had no prior knowledge of evil He considered “children of God” and those conceived after the fall would be considered the “children of men” because they lost access to the Tree of Life and were no longer His children but the children, so to speak, of the Evil One now that they had received the basic sin nature that we all would inherit.
Bingo again, there is a righteous line from Adam, and a unrighteous line from Adam, US, hence the NEED to be born again.
Speaking to that issue, I’m not a scientist but it’s my opinion that both of those trees had genetic/dna consequences.
or maybe psychiatric, or spiritual consequences. for fruit can be spiritual, as with the fruit of the Spirit. behavor pattern forming, for we're what we eat...... (smile).
I also believe the antediluvian civilization because of the sons of God were far more advanced then we give them credit for and thankfully most of that knowledge was lost in the flood.
it's true and right in the bible, Cain built a city, not a house, but a city. Jabal was the first to live in tents, (a portable House, one could move) and domesticated cattle, see Gen 4:20. and Jubal, Jabal brother who played musical instrument, Gen 4:21. Tubalcain, a master Smith in brass and iron, Gen 4:22. this brass and Iron could have been for home use and well as for war. for
Genesis 6:13 "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth".

so violence was in the earth as well as peaceful religion,
Genesis 4:26 "And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD".

also they had other crafts also. example "boat building", hence shipyards. because Noah lived before and after the flood. and with boat building one needed saws, hammers. with boat building comes mathematics, because the cubit was used to measure. God was the first tailor, he made Adam and Eve their first clothings, and look at what we got today. ... so the antediluvian world was booming.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We don’t know how long Adam was in the garden alone before God made Eve. I would guesstimate about five hundred years

Or as creation was 6 ordinary days he was there for a day before Eve tempted him into rejecting God.

If you are going to use the day=1k years do please use it everywhere in the bible. Jesus was tempted for 40k years, Israel was in egypt for 400 days etc etc

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or as creation was 6 ordinary days he was there for a day before Eve tempted him into rejecting God.

If you are going to use the day=1k years do please use it everywhere in the bible. Jesus was tempted for 40k years, Israel was in egypt for 400 days etc etc

Hi Windmill, I don't believe that a day in the bible is always 24hrs. (ex. Dan. 9:24-27). With wisdom from the HS we can learn and contemplate different meanings and still be authentic to God's word. The word "day" in the OT has several possible translations (H3117) as do most words in the bible. One is not being a good Berean if they take every word in the bible at face value because many times they mean something different from one's first consideration.

Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Windmill, I don't believe that a day in the bible is always 24hrs. (ex. Dan. 9:24-27). With wisdom from the HS we can learn and contemplate different meanings and still be authentic to God's word. The word "day" in the OT has several possible translations (H3117) as do most words in the bible. One is not being a good Berean if they take every word in the bible at face value because many times they mean something different from one's first consideration.

Actualy with basic education one learns that 'day' meaning is found from the context in which it is used so when someone talks about day 1 or day 2 or day 3 the meaning in not several ages or several thousand years but simple the first, second and third day.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actualy with basic education one learns that 'day' meaning is found from the context in which it is used so when someone talks about day 1 or day 2 or day 3 the meaning in not several ages or several thousand years but simple the first, second and third day.

but not always

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "Day" is used in term of a. an event. or b. solar period of times. or c. God's table of time, figuratively speaking.

but to have a 24hr. literal DAY, one must have several thing in motions. 1. a star, our sun shining, 2. the earth rotating. and 3 a protective atmosphere.

now the problem with a "solar" day, or literal 24hr period of time is that the sun did not shine until God "DAY" 4, (see Genesis 1:14-19) especially verse 14.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Looks like you are trying to invent your own fable about creation.
We don’t know how long Adam was in the garden alone before God made Eve. I would guesstimate about five hundred years, if we consider a thousand yr. “day”.
Genesis chapter 1 does not allow you to impose such a bizarre interpretation on the meaning of *day*. *Evening and morning* covers a 24 hour period, and the Fourth Commandment confirms that God was speaking about a normal work week of six literal 24 hour days.
I believe it's possible they could have lived thousands of years in the garden because they were created as eternal beings with access to the Tree of Life.
The manner in which the Fall comes after creation shows that very little time elapsed be tween the two things. Not thousands of years, which would even contradict the Bible, which tells us that Adam lived for only 930 years. Why are you letting your imagination run away with you?
Here is another thing that is never spoken of. Did you know that Eve must have had children before the fall because as part of their judgment in Gen. 3:16, God changed the parameters of child birth?
No we did not know this and you are probably the only one who has come up with this fantasy. Why don't you just stick with the Bible account: So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
As many of the prophetic fulfillments echo historical timing, I would guesstimate they lived around 3500 yrs. (3 ½ days/years) in the garden before the fall.
No you are really compounding your errors. This is PURE BALONEY.

Is it possible that in God’s mind He separated the children of Adam and Eve into two groups? Perhaps the ones conceived before the fall which were eternal and had no prior knowledge of evil He considered “children of God” and those conceived after the fall would be considered the “children of men”
No, it is not possible, and it is just more nonsense. There is no biblical evidence that human beings were called *sons of God* in the OT. That term is reserved for angels.
The Tree of Life extended their lives and added to their aspect as eternal beings, which was one of the aspects of the likeness of God in which they were created. From their partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the only way it made them more like God was the newly acquired knowledge and awareness of evil.
Now you are actually presenting HERESIES, claiming the Adam and Eve partook of the Tree of Life, and that partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil made them more like God, when it did the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Satan was lying to Eve when he told her that they would become gods by disobeying God. They became like Satan in his rebellion and disobedience. And they certainly did not partake of the Tree of Life.

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. (Gen 3:22,23)

You may think that this is a very clever re-interpretation of the Creation and the Fall, but what you have done is become a minion of Satan. The devil is the arch deceiver, and if you can influence someone who is new to the faith or weak in the faith to believe this rubbish, you have done Satan's work for him.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch 111, You are free to believe what you want. I am just expressing an opinion and if you think any of this would lead anyone away from God than perhaps the strength of your faith should be questioned.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How long is the prophetic "that day", the last days, the Day of the Lord, etc.? The answer is most certainly not 24 hrs.

As in my post 5 the meaning of day comes from the context.
So can you show where the context gives the meaning of 24 hours but the meaning is other than 24 hours.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don’t know how long Adam was in the garden alone before God made Eve. I would guesstimate about five hundred years, if we consider a thousand yr. “day”. That gives Adam time to work and cultivate the garden until God decides that he needs a “companion/helper”. I believe that until the fall God’s creation was eternal and I believe that included plant and animal life as well. We also don’t know how long they both lived in the garden before the fall. I believe it's possible they could have lived thousands of years in the garden because they were created as eternal beings with access to the Tree of Life. In fact, before sin entered into the world everything was eternal because there was no death.
Everything that God created was very good!

But not perfect due to the war in heaven corrupting the earth.

There was no rot and decay among the plant life. From Gen. 1:29-30 it can be assumed that there were no meat eaters and everything that ate had a vegetarian type diet.

God told everything He created to be fruitful and multiply and I believe that was meant for Adam and Eve as well. Here are a couple of things you may not have considered before and were the catalysts for writing this paper. I was asking God for wisdom and knowledge concerning this issue and He led me to Gen. 3:16 and to look at it differently. One, is that as perfect human beings, they most likely had use of 100% of their brain, whereas science tells us that presently we only use about 10% of our brain. Imagine their intelligence! Sometimes they are pictured as doe-eyed innocents lost in a majestic garden and other times they’re pictured as little more than ignorant cave people but I believe both of those pictures vastly under-estimate the perfection of God’s creation.

No.

That would've made such children innocent unless they also ate of the tree.

I think if we reverse engineer this verse we can assume that prior to the fall childbirth was virtually painless and the length of pregnancy was much shorter. I believe it is very possible that they had hundreds or thousands of children before the fall!

As many of the prophetic fulfillments echo historical timing, I would guesstimate they lived around 3500 yrs. (3 ½ days/years) in the garden before the fall. This would bring Earth’s age closer to 16,000 yrs. or more, which falls closer in line with scientific theories regarding the dates of their evolution of man. The biblical record of childbirth just starts after the fall, when death entered into the equation and "time" began to matter! The day of the “fall” can also be considered as Adam’s birthday, as that is the day he and the rest of humanity began to die.

Speaking to that issue, I’m not a scientist but it’s my opinion that both of those trees had genetic/dna consequences. The Tree of Life extended their lives and added to their aspect as eternal beings, which was one of the aspects of the likeness of God in which they were created. From their partaking of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, the only way it made them more like God was the newly acquired knowledge and awareness of evil. That knowledge, I believe, was also inherently passed down through the generations via our gene pool passed down through the man’s seed. That is why God had to use His seed and a virgin so Jesus could be born w/o that basic sin nature. It was the only way He had a chance to live a sinless life and thus become the pure and spotless Lamb that was sacrificed for our sakes.

This also explains why they were so long-lived before the flood. It took time for the eternal aspect of their DNA to degrade down to the point where our life span had decreased to 120 years or less.

I also believe the antediluvian civilization because of the sons of God were far more advanced then we give them credit for and thankfully most of that knowledge was lost in the flood. As man was created in God’s image we most likely received the desire to explore and create as well. Imagine the things we could come up with if we had access to 100% of our brain. I believe they excelled at agriculture and animal husbandry and as herbalists and many other “earth” sciences that we lost because of the flood.

When evil came upon the earth it wouldn’t surprise me if their knowledge took a darker turn towards genetic manipulation and plant based chemistry. Perhaps they are the ones that created the ancient carnivores like T-Rexes, maybe in an effort to eradicate bothersome creatures who were ruining their planting efforts, and such and it’s not impossible that they mixed human and animal DNA to come up with the creatures from Greek Mythology as well, whose stories were passed down from the sons of Noah which were added to or changed as what happens when tales are passed down through the generations. Let’s not forget the possibility of plant-based chemical enhancements and DNA manipulation that could create the “giants” and “men of renown” also from Gen. 6:4.

I’m not declaring everything in this article to be the truth but as seekers of the truth shouldn’t we consider all the possibilities that are out there? These are just some of the thoughts I’ve pondered over the years on this, to me, very interesting topic. I do have one question for those who have a leaning towards evolution. What would the “half-life” register of a creature with either eternal or partial eternal DNA? It wouldn’t surprise me if it registered a couple hundred million years or more!
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch 111, You are free to believe what you want. I am just expressing an opinion and if you think any of this would lead anyone away from God than perhaps the strength of your faith should be questioned.
It is not the strength of my faith that is in question, but the faith of those who may not be fully convinced that we are dealing with FACTS in Genesis, not fantasies, fables, legends, and conjectures. There have been enough attacks on Genesis over the years to weaken the faith of many.

All you have done is put forward some very BIZARRE ideas without a scrap of Scripture to back them up. And Christians have a duty to not present Bible truth as nonsense.

All your conjectures are refuted within the Bible. If Adam lived for only 930 years then he did not live for thousands of years. If man's work week corresponds to God's week of creation, then it did not go on for thousands of years either.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrew 4:7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.”

The context is God has chosen a day, this day is called 'today'. Nowhere does it implie that this day is more than a day.

That "day" has been every day since it was written.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not the strength of my faith that is in question, but the faith of those who may not be fully convinced that we are dealing with FACTS in Genesis, not fantasies, fables, legends, and conjectures. There have been enough attacks on Genesis over the years to weaken the faith of many.

All you have done is put forward some very BIZARRE ideas without a scrap of Scripture to back them up. And Christians have a duty to not present Bible truth as nonsense.

All your conjectures are refuted within the Bible. If Adam lived for only 930 years then he did not live for thousands of years. If man's work week corresponds to God's week of creation, then it did not go on for thousands of years either.

As I stated in the post does something that was created immortal really have a "birth" day? Or is it even considered a birth? As stated I believe His "life" began being counted when death entered the world. God's timing is not our timing. Don't limit him to our understanding.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But only as 'The Day' that is Today. It is not an unending period of time.

It's always a different 24 hr. period. It is always in the present tense, there is no yesterday but there is always a tomorrow within the context. Ergo, it is more than a single 24 hr. period, your question is answered.