A Different Look at Genesis - Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's always a different 24 hr. period. It is always in the present tense, there is no yesterday but there is always a tomorrow within the context. Ergo, it is more than a single 24 hr. period, your question is answered.

It is still a period of 24 hours and does not prove that day in genesis means anything other than a day, a period of 24 hours.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is still a period of 24 hours and does not prove that day in genesis means anything other than a day, a period of 24 hours.

Genesis does not say 24 hours. It says periods of dusk till Dawn being a day.

That is extremely literal and days are not literally 24 hours. Close, but not exactly.

It does not allow for making a day anything but that amount of time.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then I'll go back to the original, 2 Pet. 3:8. The word "day" G2250 is the equivalent of H3117 where God is saying that to him a 1000yrs. are as a literal 24 hr. day.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Genesis does not say 24 hours. It says periods of dusk till Dawn being a day.

That is extremely literal and days are not literally 24 hours. Close, but not exactly.

It does not allow for making a day anything but that amount of time.

How ever you want to time it genesis talks about 6 days for creation and one day of rest.

There are no biblical reasons for believing that creation took longer than 6 days.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Then I'll go back to the original, 2 Pet. 3:8. The word "day" G2250 is the equivalent of H3117 where God is saying that to him a 1000yrs. are as a literal 24 hr. day.

And you are clutching at straws.
Do you believe that because a day equals a thousand years that Jesus was tempted in the desert for 40 000 years?
Do you have an example of how this explaination of how God is timeless applies to genesis.
Can you explain how Jesus was sinless while liying about creation?
He said thatman was from the begining of creation, that is there was no evolution, no long periods of time unless of course he lied.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How ever you want to time it genesis talks about 6 days for creation and one day of rest.

There are no biblical reasons for believing that creation took longer than 6 days.

The reforming of the earth from its devastated state of the war in heaven took six days. Not 6000, not 6 million, but six days, defined as sunset to sunrise.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Windmill said..."He said that man was from the beginning of creation, that is there was no evolution, no long periods of time unless of course he lied."

It's all dealing with context. The simple fact is of all the hundreds of prophecies that speak of "that" day is speaking of a day sometime in an unmeasurable future until it arrives. To believe that every time the word "day" is used is speaking of only a 24hr. day is ludicrous. If you can't name a specific date like a prophecy will be fulfilled on Oct. 27, 2017 then it can be significantly longer than one literal day. It really isn't a strong argument for debating my opinion piece. It's like asking, Show me one verse where God said, Thou shalt call the collection of My Word, the Bible. It can't be done but that doesn't negate the reality.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reforming of the earth from its devastated state of the war in heaven took six days. Not 6000, not 6 million, but six days, defined as sunset to sunrise.

We have no idea when or where this battle took place. Presuming it was upon the earth is a giant leap of guesswork. How is that different from my opinion piece, which at least has a more realistic flow of logic, imo?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have no idea when or where this battle took place. Presuming it was upon the earth is a giant leap of guesswork. How is that different from my opinion piece, which at least has a more realistic flow of logic, imo?

It was on the earth and in the heavens.

Where do you think all those asteroids and meteorites came from? Did God create them or are they the debris of war?

What rendered the earth shapeless and void? I already provided versus from Isaiah that God does not create that.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corel, First, I went through all 29 posts and there was no Isaiah verse offered. "Debris of war", that's a new one. When God created the universe, He set things in motion, time took care of everything else. What we may consider random events in the universe probably have a reason and purpose that God only knows. I believe the "big bang" was simply the God snapping his fingers when He thought and Jesus said, "Let there be...", and the HS provided the energy for it, all at the same moment in time. I believe the earth is a re-purposed asteroid and that's why it was w/o form and void. Perhaps He caused a planet to explode light years away and for the shards to drift through the universe and created this galaxy and after a few more collisions, set things in motion for our solar system to line up the way it has, all for the purpose of setting the rock we call Earth on path to its precise location so He can create here, everything He has.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not for an argument, but what war in heaven?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not for an argument, but what war in heaven?

Revelation 12:7-12 New International Version (NIV)
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corel, First, I went through all 29 posts and there was no Isaiah verse offered. "Debris of war", that's a new one. When God created the universe, He set things in motion, time took care of everything else. What we may consider random events in the universe probably have a reason and purpose that God only knows. I believe the "big bang" was simply the God snapping his fingers when He thought and Jesus said, "Let there be...", and the HS provided the energy for it, all at the same moment in time. I believe the earth is a re-purposed asteroid and that's why it was w/o form and void. Perhaps He caused a planet to explode light years away and for the shards to drift through the universe and created this galaxy and after a few more collisions, set things in motion for our solar system to line up the way it has, all for the purpose of setting the rock we call Earth on path to its precise location so He can create here, everything He has.

CoreIssue Well-Known Member
Isaiah 45:18 New International Version (NIV)
18 For this is what the Lord says—
he who created the heavens,
he is God;
he who fashioned and made the earth,
he founded it;
he did not create it to be empty,
but formed it to be inhabited—
he says:
“I am the Lord,
and there is no other.

So how did it become shapeless and void between verses one and two?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:7-12 New International Version (NIV)
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
First thanks for the scriptures,
second, this was not a war at all, but a symbolic message of the end of a warfare that had been going on since the garden of Eden. this vision is the TAKING back of the dominion that was lost by the first man Adam. this vision is about the Arrival of the Last Adam. meaning the birth of Christ, the messiah, which is recorded in the book of Matthews chapter 2. all the major player in Revelation is found in matthews chapter 2.

if one would keep one hand on Revelation chapter 12, and the other hand on chapter 2 of Matthews one will see it the same event in history.

and two, no angel was thrown out of heaven, only one who accused the brethren lost his seat of Power/Authority before God.

and three, just because a vision is seen in heaven don't mean it took place there.

I suggest you read Matthews Chapter 2 with Revelation chapter 12.

be blessed.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the scriptures,
second, this was not a war at all, but a symbolic message of the end of a warfare that had been going on since the garden of Eden. this vision is the TAKING back of the dominion that was lost by the first man Adam. this vision is about the Arrival of the Last Adam. meaning the birth of Christ, the messiah, which is recorded in the book of Matthews chapter 2. all the major player in Revelation is found in matthews chapter 2.

if one would keep one hand on Revelation chapter 12, and the other hand on chapter 2 of Matthews one will see it the same event in history.

and two, no angel was thrown out of heaven, only one who accused the brethren lost his seat of Power/Authority before God.

and three, just because a vision is seen in heaven don't mean it took place there.

I suggest you read Matthews Chapter 2 with Revelation chapter 12.
be blessed.

Very literal rule, not symbolic.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very literal rule, not symbolic.
Symbolic Meaning to understand chapter 12
Woman = represent a Church, (the remnant of Israel, here Judah, the church in the wilderness)
Dragon = a person, be it representative of a political, or religious power. (here king Herod)
Red in this chapter = blood
Stars = messenger, (human, or angelic). here human
Sun = gospel, or word of God
Moon = Mosaic Law

and the third of the stars of heaven, NOT ANGELS ........ :eek: say what?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woman = represent a Church, (the remnant of Israel, here Judah, the church in the wilderness)
Dragon = a person, be it representative of a political, or religious power. (here king Herod)
Moon = Mosaic Law

Moon = Mosaic Law

Figurative language of known meaning is literal.

The woman is Israel

The 12 stars the 12 tribes

The sun Jacob

The moon Rachel

The Dragon Satan

One third of the stars are the angels that rebelled in the war in heaven

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Windmill said..."He said that man was from the beginning of creation, that is there was no evolution, no long periods of time unless of course he lied."

It's all dealing with context. The simple fact is of all the hundreds of prophecies that speak of "that" day is speaking of a day sometime in an unmeasurable future until it arrives. To believe that every time the word "day" is used is speaking of only a 24hr. day is ludicrous. If you can't name a specific date like a prophecy will be fulfilled on Oct. 27, 2017 then it can be significantly longer than one literal day. It really isn't a strong argument for debating my opinion piece. It's like asking, Show me one verse where God said, Thou shalt call the collection of My Word, the Bible. It can't be done but that doesn't negate the reality.

Would you please explain how this is relevant to what you quoted from my post.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I have read genesis chapters 1+2 many times and I have neve encountered any verses there that support this idea of 'The reforming of the earth from its devastated state of the war in heaven'.
Where do you find this idea?

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Corel, First, I agree with your view on Rev. 12.
Isaiah 45:18 New International Version (NIV)
18 For this is what the Lord says—he who created the heavens,he is God;he who fashioned and made the earth,he founded it;he did not create it to be empty,but formed it to be inhabited—he says:“I am the Lord,and there is no other.

Created - H1254 - to cut down, select, choose, dispatch, do. Formed - H3335 - squeeze into shape, mould…, potter, purchase. Looking at these two words I get that he reshaped (molded) the earth by cutting off all the rough edges making it relatively smooth as a potter would with a lump of clay. As the universe is also his creation there are things that have a noble purpose (suns, moons) and things that have an ignoble purpose (asteroids, space dust, etc.)