A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I wouldn't believe that someone existed if I had met them previously.
I understand completely. I wouldn’t have believed in Jesus unless I met him. Well I would have believed that there was a dude named Jesus at some point that we based our whole times off of. This is year 2021 since Jesus. Not 2021 since Allah, Buddha or the spaghetti monster.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I understand completely. I wouldn’t have believed in Jesus unless I met him. Well I would have believed that there was a dude named Jesus at some point that we based our whole times off of. This is year 2021 since Jesus. Not 2021 since Allah, Buddha or the spaghetti monster.
You personally met Jesus, and yet you still use the term believe. Jesus himself has proven himself to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is God of the whole universe, but yet you still say you should believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You personally met Jesus, and yet you still use the term believe. Jesus himself has proven himself to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is God of the whole universe, but yet you still say you should believe.
Let me rephrase that for ya. “I know Jesus”

Reactions: Nancy

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Doubt will always exist but God is A stone that will not be moved by storms or tidal waves he is A rock that does not break he is with us all.

Reactions: Nancy and jessiblue

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know that all religion's have one thing in common. That you must believe.
Yes all religions do have one thing in common. They all seek to worship and communicate with God. But only Bible Christianity presents the one true God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And only Bible Christianity presents the Lord Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world. Therefore there is only one true Gospel, and only one true means of salvation -- Christ Himself.

Reactions: amigo de christo

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yes all religions do have one thing in common. They all seek to worship and communicate with God. But only Bible Christianity presents the one true God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And only Bible Christianity presents the Lord Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world. Therefore there is only one true Gospel, and only one true means of salvation -- Christ Himself.
I said all religion's depend on belief, the same tactic the sale's person uses to convince people to buy stuff they don't need.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It has been well documented that a sociopath can not function under normal emotional conditions, therefore they feel nothing for their victim's. But all their emotions are still intact (Such as empathy) (Remorse) Look at that person's beliefs, and you will find it's the beliefs themselves that have disabled their ability to feel. Notice this also works the opposite way around, where a belief can intensify an emotion (Like guilt or fear)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been well documented that a sociopath can not function under normal emotional conditions, therefore they feel nothing for their victim's. But all their emotions are still intact (Such as empathy) (Remorse) Look at that person's beliefs, and you will find it's the beliefs themselves that have disabled their ability to feel. Notice this also works the opposite way around, where a belief can intensify an emotion (Like guilt or fear)
I don't think that's right. Some people lack the connections in the brain. Or there are other physiological factors.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello, I.O.U,

Do you ever watch anything youtube channels about true crimes? Have watched many of them they are all interesting to listen to, some messed up things people do too. All depends on the circumstances, emotions, feelings, surroundings, whatever is going on in the mind of the person, how long have the thoughts been around, what were the parents like.

All I know in just something extra to add because your profile says Atheist, even though you are Atheist that does not bother me. The only extra thing would like to add is that when never knowing God or who Christ Jesus was, in my own life. Darkness was always around, and heavy weight was always on my shoulders, along with hate in my heart. (Just desired to share).

Thank you for your time,
With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you be an atheist and believe my testimony? It doesn't make sense. Either you believe in God or you just believe that I think I know God. If you believe me then you should not be an atheist. Jesus Christ is as real as you typing on this forum. I as well really don't care what you believe or don't believe in. It is totally logical to not believe in something or someone until you see and know. But as Christians we walk by faith not sight. God will let you know he is real if you want to know. Then you walk by faith. It is important to him that people put their full trust in him without seeing him. I don't know why that is so important to him but it is.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
How can you be an atheist and believe my testimony? It doesn't make sense. Either you believe in God or you just believe that I think I know God. If you believe me then you should not be an atheist. Jesus Christ is as real as you typing on this forum. I as well really don't care what you believe or don't believe in. It is totally logical to not believe in something or someone until you see and know. But as Christians we walk by faith not sight. God will let you know he is real if you want to know. Then you walk by faith. It is important to him that people put their full trust in him without seeing him. I don't know why that is so important to him but it is.
@Mantis I love how Hebrews 11 keeps using the phase: "by faith...by faith...by faith...", over and over. It builds up to the exhortation in chapter 12. :)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis I love how Hebrews 11 keeps using the phase: "by faith...by faith...by faith...", over and over. It builds up to the exhortation in chapter 12. :)

Amen to that! This world can just drag you down to the ground and stomp the life out of you. And most people go through that before they admit they need help from Jesus. I understand how people can lose faith. Especially if they are believing in Jesus without knowing him. I think Jesus gives unto certain people enormous faith. He came so directly to me and called my name I think to give me faith because I needed it. I knew God was real but didn’t know who he was. If he hadn’t called me I would not know that Jesus is real. I would probably have drunk myself to death by now. I praise God that he pulled me from darkness and gave me faith.

Reactions: Truman and MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen to that! This world can just drag you down to the ground and stomp the life out of you. And most people go through that before they admit they need help from Jesus. I understand how people can lose faith. Especially if they are believing in Jesus without knowing him. I think Jesus gives unto certain people enormous faith. He came so directly to me and called my name I think to give me faith because I needed it. I knew God was real but didn’t know who he was. If he hadn’t called me I would not know that Jesus is real. I would probably have drunk myself to death by now. I praise God that he pulled me from darkness and gave me faith.
@Mantis The transforming work of God in the believer's life is truly wondrous. :)

Did you quit wine, etc., totally? some Christians do; some don't.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not true. You know doubt within religion is met with scorn, and ridicule. Real answers to real questions are not dependent on believing more and more.

I am sorry if those who should be answering your question could not and so scorned you.

Christianity is based on historical fact, not on cleverly invented stories.
May I recomment the book by Lee Stobel, 'The Case for Christ.'
It is his investigation into the facts concerning Jesus, his death and resurrection. He started as an unbelieving atheist and ended up as a Christian, the facts are that compelling.

May I further suggest that you leave your current church and find one where they will answer your questions.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not true. You know doubt within religion is met with scorn, and ridicule. Real answers to real questions are not dependent on believing more and more.
However, there are real answers to real questions that are not believed.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said all religion's depend on belief, the same tactic the sale's person uses to convince people to buy stuff they don't need.
Some things you need.

Are you tossing a baby with the bathwater?

Much love!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis The transforming work of God in the believer's life is truly wondrous. :)

Did you quit wine, etc., totally? some Christians do; some don't.

Pretty much. I mean sometimes I may have a glass of wine or a beer but it is like maybe once or twice a year if that. I was never like a physically dependent alcoholic. I was more like a functioning alcoholic. The problem is that I used to chase the buzz until I was trashed, then I would keep drinking. Sometimes I blacked out.

I have no desire to be drink or be drunk now. None. So that helps. I think God just removed the cravings for it. Praise God!

Reactions: Truman and farouk