A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have 8 cats.
Carter looks like your avatar.
He won't come out from under my bed. He's been there for almost 3 weeks.
I put food and water and a litter box beside the bed. He comes out, does his business and climbs right under again.
He made a hole in the bottom of the boxspring. So he climbs up inside and hides there.

Before that he hid behind the washing machine for almost 2 months. Before that he hid in the closet.
In between those times he comes out and parks on the kitchen counter.
He don't like to be petted. But for a little while I was able to reach out my hand and he would rub his head against it.
But then he went back into hiding.

All the cats but 1 are brothers. They all get along really good. But this one is as anti-social as they come.
I've had cats all my life. These are ferals that were born in florida and made the trip to Maine when the hurricane Irma hit in 2017 and took it all away.
They are about 7 years old now.

If I have to move, I don't know what I will do...
anywhoo..

I like your avatar.
@Ziggy Sounds like you'd prefer strongly to stay where you are.... :)

We don't have any animals, but I know that those who do can get very attached to them...

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully.
I wish Noah would hurry up and build that ark.
Oh wait he already did..
Those onboard don't escape the storm, we go through it.
And yet are protected from it.
They can kill the body, but they can't kill my spirit.
All Aboard!!
:)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Sounds like you'd prefer strongly to stay where you are.... :)

We don't have any animals, but I know that those who do can get very attached to them...
I would like to stay where I am, but my dad has informed me when he dies I will have to find another place to live.
He won't sign the property over to me even though it's been in the family for generations.
He has his reasons but won't share them with me.
So I guess I'm living on borrowed time for now.

I told him, when I leave..
The first thing I will do is bring all the cats to the humane society and have them put down. Because I don't want them ending up with other people that would mistreat them. They are feral cats and only know me. They would probably run off, get run over, or worse.
So once they are laid to rest, then whatever happens next and wherever I end up is in the Lord's hands.
He hasn't let me down yet.

I'm not worried about it.
que sera sera
HUGS

Will Joseph

Jul 11, 2020
New York City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ego/Totesterone... it's a substance that controls you, you don't control it.
Wait.. they have medication for totesterone now.. artificial inflation or deflation of the ego.
Some call it a sex drive.

And the ego and the sex drive are related. Some call that thinking with the wrong head.

That relation between ego and sex drive is interesting, though I'm not sure if I'd believe it. I'm pretty sure that there are some egotistic people who don't have much sex drive. There may be some women with big egos but low sex drives. I can very easily imagine a woman who thinks of herself as very important and celebrated, yet doesn't have much or any sex drive.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would like to stay where I am, but my dad has informed me when he dies I will have to find another place to live.
He won't sign the property over to me even though it's been in the family for generations.
He has his reasons but won't share them with me.
So I guess I'm living on borrowed time for now.

I told him, when I leave..
The first thing I will do is bring all the cats to the humane society and have them put down. Because I don't want them ending up with other people that would mistreat them. They are feral cats and only know me. They would probably run off, get run over, or worse.
So once they are laid to rest, then whatever happens next and wherever I end up is in the Lord's hands.
He hasn't let me down yet.

I'm not worried about it.
que sera sera
HUGS
@Ziggy Oh, sometimes these family/personal reasons can be so obscure, right? but so real in some ppl's minds...though not others...

Keep praying; the Lord gives wisdom...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That relation between ego and sex drive is interesting, though I'm not sure if I'd believe it. I'm pretty sure that there are some egotistic people who don't have much sex drive. There may be some women with big egos but low sex drives. I can very easily imagine a woman who thinks of herself as very important and celebrated, yet doesn't have much or any sex drive.
I think women have estrogen...
I have to see what effect estrogen has as a driver.. I think it makes you emotional, moreso than aggressive.
Do Women Have Testosterone? The Truth About Female ...
https://knowyourdna.com › do-women-have-testosterone
Women have higher levels of estrogen and men have higher levels of testosterone. Women's bodies make about 1/10th to 1/20th of the testosterone found in male bodies. There is also a difference in where testosterone is produced in the male and female bodies.

That's an interesting read.

I learn something new everyday

Hello Will Joseph!
Nice to meet you
Welcome to the family
Hugs

Reactions: Will Joseph

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Oh, sometimes these family/personal reasons can be so obscure, right? but so real in some ppl's minds...though not others...

Keep praying; the Lord gives wisdom...
He told me he left it in a trust. But won't elaborate.
There was 20 years of mostly silence between when my mom passed away and when I moved to Maine.
In that time both of my older brothers passed away.
Perhaps he thought I was a lost cause. I don't know.
At fisrt he wasn't very happy about me coming here after that hurricane chased me out of Florida.
The night I pulled in the driveway Him and his girl was waiting for me in the mobile home I live in.
The first thing I was greeted with was His girl looking me in the eye and saying:
"I know you hate me, and I don't care. I don't like you either"

I didn't even know this person, how could I hate someone I didn't even know?
Anywho....
It's been an interesting past 5 years now. Once in a blue moon she may acknowledge I exist.
I treat her with respect anyways. Always ask how she did at the craft fair, most times I just get, "fine" or nothing at all.

I think he left it to her family, and that's fine by me.
I'm just greatful for the time he has given me here. And getting to know him all over again has been... interesting.

Life is funny farouk,
I don't take anything for granted any more.

A day in the Life..
LOL
HUGS

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I wish Noah would hurry up and build that ark.
Oh wait he already did..
Those onboard don't escape the storm, we go through it.
And yet are protected from it.
They can kill the body, but they can't kill my spirit.
All Aboard!!
Who are they? You keep saying they, you never specify anything.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can have the world,
I'm watching a Rally
Have a great day!
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iu

:D

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I don’t even need to say anything after that.
I slept outside the back of a Church last night, it was quiet and peaceful. Then I moved on around 3ish walking out from the carpark to the main street. I then stopped still, seeing what looked like some statue on the sidewalk on the other side of the road. It took me about half a minute to realise some woman was sitting there on the grass scrolling through her mobile phone. I wondered why she was sitting outside a vacant block of land at 3 in the morning.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You do realise that Jesus lived on the streets, it was apart of his mission and lifestyle. Hmm, makes me think.