A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1
I don't know if there is a God/Creator. I don't know, and I won't be believing there is to fit in with the culture of this age.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe being angry at your brother is when you are in danger of hell fire. A brother is someone who genuinely believes in God, not being angry at an atheist that does not believe in God. Or do you believe? I can’t remember.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I am sure you have all seen on the news at some point, of a woman who believes her son is innocent of some horrendous crime he has been charged with. No matter what the prosecutor has proven, of all the evidence that the defence can not escape, that woman can not accept her son has committed a crime. But why? Because she believes her son is a good boy, and she raised him in a good home, with good morals. So entrenched is her belief that she is a good mother, accepting the facts about her son is certain death to her belief.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This guy came to the site. I welcomed him. He asked me if I would be honest with him. I said I would. I took him at face value. What he did was what some would call, "treating me like I was a goof."
Friends from my former life would've put him in the hospital for that. Me, I forgive him.
He's blinded by the god of this age. He doesn't believe in God. How can you stay mad at a blind fool?
You don't. You pity him. He doesn't know what he's missing. And he has no concept of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Too bad.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
This guy came to the site. I welcomed him. He asked me if I would be honest with him. I said I would. I took him at face value. What he did was what some would call, "treating me like I was a goof."
Friends from my former life would've put him in the hospital for that. Me, I forgive him.
He's blinded by the god of this age. He doesn't believe in God. How can you stay mad at a blind fool?
You don't. You pity him. He doesn't know what he's missing. And he has no concept of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Too bad.
What is he missing? What am I missing? What's anyone missing?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm not interested in lots of religous organisations, but in Christianity.
Can you falsifie Christianity, show that Jesus did not rise from the dead?
Not sure how I missed this.

How to falsify Christianity? I am sure that I have for myself over and over, but I was brave enough let go of my beliefs to do that. If that doesn't come first, then there is no way my beliefs would allow me to accept it could be falsified.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you not also have to believe in the secular world of men? Why do you flip the light switch to the "on" position with the idea of getting some light on a subject?
Yes. Everytime I walk into a shopping centre, it is expected that I do believe everything the retail clerk tells me. But should I?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you believe there is any reality to what the two orbs men name as eyes in your head send to your brain? What if you had been naturally born blind? Would you believe exactly the same thing about what is right in front you because another person told you what was there?
That's an interesting experiment. Can a person who can not see or hear come to believe in Jesus. Ever met anyone who has?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, I am not a fake believer. I stated the possibilities as well as a bit from my past experiences. In the Spirit I am not in doubt.

You trust science and the conclusions of your 'logical brain'. Science at its best among men starts out with assumption or assertions and moves forward from there. You will never find the Truth in that direction. That is not a maybe!
Don't Christian's say "God gave you a brain to use" Now you say I can't trust my brain that God gave me to use. That's not fair.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Everytime I walk into a shopping centre, it is expected that I do believe everything the retail clerk tells me. But should I?
Your choice! Why should you eat natural food?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's an interesting experiment.
Experiment? Is that all it would be? How important is a person? If it were you own child lacking sight and hearing should you care?

Can a person who can not see or hear come to believe in Jesus. Ever met anyone who has?
Because I do believe in the God I have no doubt that anyone who was called would be able to 'hear', to answer and to follow. That we may not understand it completely with our carnal brain means nothing.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

You would perhaps like to be able to explain everything perfectly about everything by means of the scientific method or some other method? Don't count on it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't Christian's say "God gave you a brain to use" Now you say I can't trust my brain that God gave me to use. That's not fair.
Where does fairness as you understand it come into the picture. Some people were born in abject poverty and live there a natural lifetime. How fair is that?

I won't tell you what to do or what not to do. You are the one who must choose to live for God or not. The choices are yours. If you want advice and I am able I will give it. To take it or not is again your choice.

What I see is a very troubled world of men in trouble. I cannot fix it, and I do not believe that God is going to... at least not as many people are hoping. The USA is not God either and people who are trusting the USA to make it all better are likely to be very disappointed. The only positive Hope I see is in God and His Way. If do not see that I still wish you well.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Experiment? Is that all it would be? How important is a person? If it were you own child lacking sight and hearing should you care?

Because I do believe in the God I have no doubt that anyone who was called would be able to 'hear', to answer and to follow. That we may not understand it completely with our carnal brain means nothing.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

You would perhaps like to be able to explain everything perfectly about everything by means of the scientific method or some other method? Don't count on it.
You seem to have a serious grievance with science and it's methodologies, believing science to be a hindrance to real faith in God. All the while having no issue with yourself utilising the common computer system to post text about how I should not trust the very thing your trusting will reach me.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Where does fairness as you understand it come into the picture. Some people were born in abject poverty and live there a natural lifetime. How fair is that?

I won't tell you what to do or what not to do. You are the one who must choose to live for God or not. The choices are yours. If you want advice and I am able I will give it. To take it or not is again your choice.

What I see is a very troubled world of men in trouble. I cannot fix it, and I do not believe that God is going to... at least not as many people are hoping. The USA is not God either and people who are trusting the USA to make it all better are likely to be very disappointed. The only positive Hope I see is in God and His Way. If do not see that I still wish you well.
Leviticus 18:25.
Even the land has become defiled, so I am punishing it for its sin, and the land will vomit out its inhabitants.

(Mother nature has had enough of us I think)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have a serious grievance with science and it's methodologies, believing science to be a hindrance to real faith in God. All the while having no issue with yourself utilising the common computer system to preach to me about how useless and untrustworthy science really is.
I have no grievance with science. When I was in high school it helped me to focus. When I went to college my first major was in science. I still believe that pure science can be a good thing. Can anyone discard all of the results around which seemingly came about by means of scientific applications? Not me!

People cannot find God through pure science because of missing pieces and wrong starting points. Nevertheless people apparently do, as you indicate, find a lot of things through science such as this computer in front of me.

Science does not solve people's worst problems. Which scientist should we trust to solve today's problem with what is called Covid-19? Who has enough scientific or other knowledge to decide which scientist or even group of scientists have the best knowledge and are trustworthy with regard to what some have named a pandemic? Not me!

I do not believe that the problem with Covid-19 is only one of science. What are we to do then when after centuries of apparently scientifically based "advancements" continue to have some very serious problems? Is this not in spite of the best ideas, theories, solutions or "facts" that scientific minds can offer. What is best? How would I know that?

Are there any people on this forum who act as if they either have, or know who among men does have, the best solution to the Covid-19 problem?