A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know that all religion's have one thing in common. That you must believe.
Do you not also have to believe in the secular world of men? Why do you flip the light switch to the "on" position with the idea of getting some light on a subject?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lot's of religious organisations today are based on real spiritual teachers in history. So yeah, who cares.
I'm not interested in lots of religous organisations, but in Christianity.
Can you falsifie Christianity, show that Jesus did not rise from the dead?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You personally met Jesus, and yet you still use the term believe. Jesus himself has proven himself to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is God of the whole universe, but yet you still say you should believe.
Do you believe there is any reality to what the two orbs men name as eyes in your head send to your brain? What if you had been naturally born blind? Would you believe exactly the same thing about what is right in front you because another person told you what was there?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And you know that the opinions of men are to make no difference to a person who is truly in love with God and following Him alone:

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

Jesus was ready to walk on as a man all alone. Ultimately this is where, I believe, God wants us to be. Getting idea into your head so you can state it with your lips is one thing, but to get it into your heart that when and where the rubber meets the road you can do it is quite another.

People will say that Jesus had and advantage, and they would be correct, but God made the impossible possible. This perhaps the primary reason Jesus was sent...
You may believe that God's spirit dwells in you, speaks through you, but that doesn't make you God. If you consider yourself to be a teacher and guide for the wayward, then you should know what the Bible says about those who teach (Teachers of God's word are under more scrutiny than all others)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may believe that God's spirit dwells in you, speaks through you, but that doesn't make you God. If you consider yourself to be a teacher and guide for the wayward, then you should know what the Bible says about those who teach (Teachers of God's word are under more scrutiny than all others)
While we are still walking by faith, it needs to be one step at the time as the Spirit directs and leads. Most people fail to do that probably most of the time. I do not exclude myself from such failures.
You doubt that Spirit directs and leads, but if you have never been there, how can you say even that much for certain...

I am familiar with many things written in the Bible, but then we come to what knowledge I may have about it all. The only real knowledge I have, I do believe, is whatever God has given to me. I also believe that when I am not following His lead, I am in serious trouble. That has happened to me more than once.

So then my advice to you is to go back to the beginning starting with this verse:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

That verse says that first you must believe that he is. If you do not, then my advice is to seriously ask of Him for help. If you are not interested enough to do that then, I would suggest that you strive to eat, drink and be merry while you still have time and opportunity.

As you said, I am not God. I cannot save you and I cannot even make you want to approach God. I cannot make you believe that God is. But you came to the forum with questions. I have answers and other people here have answers, answers which may not help you, but again, is there anything we can directly do about that?

I also believe that there is ending place in God for those walking in faith... but the only way to get there is through faith. You probably remember what the scripture reads concerning that:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

I am also familiar with these word penned by Paul:

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:5-7

Add to the given names of Paul and Apollos, the name of Amadeus and here we are...

You take it from there!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
While we are still walking by faith, it needs to be one step at the time as the Spirit directs and leads. Most people fail to do that probably most of the time. I do not exclude myself from such failures.
You doubt that Spirit directs and leads, but if you have never been there, how can you say even that much for certain...

I am familiar with many things written in the Bible, but then we come to what knowledge I may have about it all. The only real knowledge I have, I do believe, is whatever God has given to me. I also believe that when I am not following His lead, I am in serious trouble. That has happened to me more than once.

So then my advice to you is to go back to the beginning starting with this verse:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

That verse says that first you must believe that he is. If you do not, then my advice is to seriously ask of Him for help. If you are not interested enough to do that then, I would suggest that you strive to eat, drink and be merry while you still have time and opportunity.

As you said, I am not God. I cannot save you and I cannot even make you want to approach God. I cannot make you believe that God is. But you came to the forum with questions. I have answers and other people here have answers, answers which may not help you, but again, is there anything we can directly do about that?

I also believe that there is ending place in God for those walking in faith... but the only way to get there is through faith. You probably remember what the scripture reads concerning that:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

I am also familiar with these word penned by Paul:

"Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:5-7

Add to the given names of Paul and Apollos, the name of Amadeus and here we are...

You take it from there!
How do you prove to yourself that you are one of the real Christian's? (Do the fake Christian's even know if they're not real Christian's)

Matthew 24:24
24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect:

Now that verse is saying a great deal about how deception could reach those people set apart by God himself "Elect"

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you prove to yourself that you are one of the real Christian's? (Do the fake Christian's even know if they're not real Christian's)
I do not 'prove' anything as you mean it. If it is proven to me it is God doing it in my heart and mind because I have opened to Him. Like everyone else if at any point, I do not love the truth or my love for truth, is diminished, I can move into delusion. God is always there to help us with that, but we must continuously connect with Him. Alone, we are lost. If we have been 'saved' we may certainly become 'lost'!

People, I believe, that is they know the truth they are or will be saved. The scripture says that knowing the truth will set us free, but again people have different ideas on just what that means.

To me it simply means knowing Jesus, who is the Truth [I believe this.] Who knows Jesus so as to see his face clearly all of the time? The search goes on...or it should!

Matthew 24:24
24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect:

Now that verse is saying a great deal about how deception could reach those people set apart by God himself "Elect"
As I already said, people can and do become deluded because they did not have or lost their love for the truth. One does not have to know the Truth precisely in every detail in order to love it. If that were, probably few or none would love the truth and then all would be deluded continuously.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I do not 'prove' anything as you mean it. If it is proven to me it is God doing it in my heart and mind because I have opened to Him. Like everyone else if at any point, I do not love the truth or my love for truth, is diminished, I can move into delusion. God is always there to help us with that, but we must continuously connect with Him. Alone, we are lost. If we have been 'saved' we may certainly become 'lost'!

People, I believe, that is they know the truth they are or will be saved. The scripture says that knowing the truth will set us free, but again people have different ideas on just what that means.

To me it simply means knowing Jesus, who is the Truth [I believe this.] Who knows Jesus so as to see his face clearly all of the time? The search goes on...or it should!

As I already said, people can and do become deluded because they did not have or lost their love for the truth. One does not have to know the Truth precisely in every detail in order to love it. If that were, probably few or none would love the truth and then all would be deluded continuously.
So you could be a fake believer being delusional about everything you believe makes you a real Christian. Because you base you beliefs on the emotional experiences that you say come from God.

(Scientific research has revealed that emotions play a big part in a persons beliefs. It was found the emotional side of the brain was activated when certain Nun's were praying to God. This gives my research far more weight considering the fact that beliefs have no area of our brain where they can be assimilated and processed, other than setting off emotional reactions in the person. I could go far further on this point, but I'll leave that for now.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you could be a fake believer being delusional about everything you believe makes you a real Christian. Because you base you beliefs on the emotional experiences that you say come from God.

(Scientific research has revealed that emotions play a big part in a persons beliefs. It was found the emotional side of the brain was activated when certain Nun's were praying to God. This gives my research far more weight considering the fact that beliefs have no area of our brain where they can be assimilated and processed, other than settings off emotional reactions. I could go far further on this point, but I'll leave that for now.
No, I am not a fake believer. I stated the possibilities as well as a bit from my past experiences. In the Spirit I am not in doubt.

You trust science and the conclusions of your 'logical brain'. Science at its best among men starts out with assumption or assertions and moves forward from there. You will never find the Truth in that direction. That is not a maybe!

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What are you, IOU, stupid? I told you this is not about what I believe, but that it is about what I've experienced. Even if every other person you've ever met is talking about their "belief," I'm not one of them.
I just had a drink of water. That is my experience.
I'm starting to think that you are either one of the most close-minded people I have ever met, or you get your jollies out of yanking our chains...either way, in my book, you are stupid. S.T.U.P.I.D. - stupid! Period. Smarten up!
The truth hurts...and then if you'll let, it will set you free. It's your choice...decisions have consequences. Later...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Scientific research has revealed that emotions play a big part in a persons beliefs. It was found the emotional side of the brain was activated when certain Nun's were praying to God. This gives my research far more weight considering the fact that beliefs have no area of our brain where they can be assimilated and processed, other than settings off emotional reactions. I could go far further on this point, but I'll leave that for now.
Carts and horses . . .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you, IOU, stupid? I told you this is not about what I believe, but that it is about what I've experienced. Even if every other person you've ever met is talking about their "belief," I'm not one of them.
I'm starting to think that you are either one of the most close-minded people I have ever met, or you get your jollies out of yanking our chains...either way, in my book, you are stupid. S.T.U.P.I.D. - stupid! Period. Smarten up!
The truth hurts...and then if you'll let, it will set you free. It's your choice...decisions have consequences. Later...
Fashionably denying all believing . . . believing that belief is invalid . . .

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know, after that, I feel better! Thanks, IOU, I owe you! lol

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Umm, I'd say you're confronted by what I'm posting, then projecting how you feel on me. Your beliefs don't care about you, me, or anyone else. You don't even care about Jesus teachings in this regard.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Raca:
Why did Jesus warn against saying the word 'raca' in Matthew 5:22? | GotQuestions.org

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Umm, I'd say you're confronted by what I'm posting, then projecting how you feel on me. Your beliefs don't care about you, me, or anyone else. You don't even care about Jesus teachings in this regard.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Raca:
Why did Jesus warn against saying the word 'raca' in Matthew 5:22? | GotQuestions.org
Angry? Slightly irritated because you treated me like I was a fool and didn't know what I was talking about. You asked me if I would be honest with you and I told you I would do my best. Then you ignored what I said and have spent every day since doing your thing.
You are the one in danger of hell fire, not me. Process that. You're good practice for people here...keep it up!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Angry? Slightly irritated because you treated me like I was a fool and didn't know what I was talking about. You asked me if I would be honest with you and I told you I would do my best. Then you ignored what I said and have spent every day since doing your thing.
You are the one in danger of hell fire, not me. Process that. You're good practice for people here...keep it up!
I don't recall calling you out as a fool, or idiot, or stupid. I'm more likely to call myself out an idiot, as a warning when I fall back to my old thinking.