A God of Hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted the message in post #214.
So you scrolled all the way back to find it, but were too lazy
to bring it back with you to create this post?

Proverbs 6:6 NIV
Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So you scrolled all the way back to find it, but were too lazy
to bring it back with you to create this post?

Proverbs 6:6 NIV
Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

Here it is. For the third time.

All Christians should have some measure of expertise about the Old Testament.

A small portion of my daily reading plan for today:

”Then this message came to me from the LORD: ‘Son of man, suppose the people of a country were to sin against me, and I lifted my fist to crush them, cutting off their food supply, and sending a famine to destroy both people and animals alike. Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were there, their righteousness would save no one but themselves, declares the Sovereign LORD.

Or suppose I were to send an invasion of dangerous wild animals to devastate the land and kill the people. Even if these three men were there, the Sovereign Lord swears that it would do no good - it wouldn’t save the people from destruction. Those three alone would be saved, but the land would be devastated.

Or suppose I were to bring war against the land, and I told enemy armies to come and destroy everything. Even if these three were in the land, the Sovereign LORD swears that they could not save the people. They alone would be saved.

Or suppose I were to pour out my fury by sending an epidemic of disease into the land, and the plague killed people and animals alike. Even if Noah, Daniel and Job were living there, the Sovereign LORD swears that they could not save the people. They alone would be saved by their righteousness.

Now this is what the Sovereign LORD says: How terrible it will be when all four of these fearsome punishments fall upon Jerusalem - war, famine, beasts, and plague - destroying all her people and animals. Yet there will be survivors, and they will come here to join you as exiles in Babylon. You will see with your own eyes how wicked they are, and then you will feel better about what I have done to Jerusalem. When you meet them and see their behavior, you will agree that these things are not being done to Israel without cause, says the Sovereign LORD.’”

(Ezekiel 14:12-23, NLT)

Do you hold that this message from the Sovereign LORD to Ezekiel is suspect?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message has been provided three times. None of your replies answered the question that you were asked.
What was the question?

I see the problem. TLDR
Skipped the post due to excessive length and zero interest.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What was the question?

The first question: Do you hold that this message from the Sovereign LORD to Ezekiel is suspect?

The second question: What do you find suspect about God’s message to Ezekiel?

I see the problem. TLDR
Skipped the post due to excessive length …

The “excessive length” of the post is God’s message to Ezekiel, which you chastised me for not bringing back. I then brought it back.

… and zero interest.

I have more interest in what you think than you do.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to the detective. - LOL
Huh? You must have greater capacity to reason than this. Economics applies to all. Detectives have limited resources and cannot consider everyone equally suspect.

Proximity is a major factor of suspicion. People on the other side of the world as not as suspected as people a vic met with in the last 24 hours.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right. Genocide for everyone else.
That makes it okay to commit genocide?

How can God's ways be higher than our ways if he operates
at a lower standard of morality than he holds us to?
Are you questioning God's definition of morality? Or are you questioning the Biblical account?

Last edited:

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not my area of expertise.
Everything is suspect.

I know some fine Christians that don't accept the creation account as literal.
They side with science.

Frankly, I'm torn. The view that Genesis is not literal adds more problems than it solves.
If Adam was NOT the first man, then what becomes of the Fall and the implications of it?

It's easier to put the blinders on, as you seem to have done, and just
believe what ever the church tells you. Much easier.
The creation account can be literal or allegorical, and still be true either way. You don't have to accept it as literal, to accept it.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something is suspect...
Your post that I quoted.
Yes. Like your claims. - LOL
(sorry, that was such a good setup)
My joking reply.
Which says NOTHING about Ezekiel OR "the Sovereign LORD".
The first question: Do you hold that this message from the Sovereign LORD to Ezekiel is suspect?

Your nasty reply of loaded accusatory questions.
Implying that I was questioning God (the Sovereign LORD) ... AND that your opinions are his.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your nasty reply of loaded accusatory questions.

There’s nothing nasty or accusatory in the two questions.

You said, “Everything is suspect.”

I quoted a message from God to Ezekiel and asked, “Do you hold that this message from the Sovereign LORD is suspect?” You either do or you don’t. You didn’t answer. That leaves me with your assertion, “Everything is suspect.”

I asked, What do you find suspect about God’s message to Ezekiel?” You haven’t said. Again, I’m left with your assertion, “Everything is suspect.”

Implying that I was questioning God (the Sovereign LORD) ...

That’s the impression you’ve given me - and probably others - with your assertion, “Everything is suspect.”

I’ve offered you multiple opportunities to address the impression.

…. AND that your opinions are his.

I‘m not the one who‘s asserting, “Everything is suspect.”

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, “Everything is suspect.”
So you are trying to prove that not everything is suspect? - LOL
Probably in the hopes of bludgeoning me with my own words for the selfish pleasure of proving me wrong, I suppose.
I'll have to draw the line right here.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Had this question been posed to me I would have answered, no.

My answer to the first question makes the second question not applicable.

Freedm

Aug 3, 2023
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm questioning those who gave us a questionable account of such things.

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus – Textual Criticism 101​

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus - Textual Criticism 101 - Berean Patriot
So then you're questioning the account. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're essentially saying that you doubt the veracity of the old testament. Why are you just not clear on that? You're creating a lot of posts, without saying much of anything. Maybe instead of using clever one liners to answer questions (without actually answering them), use a few more words and actually explain your position. It's been quite painful to read this thread since you started in on it. If you want to discuss, explain your position. If you don't want to discuss, why are you here?

Reactions: Matthias