A Humble Person Does Not Stoop

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8-21-19
Continued from: We Live In A Society That Competes:

It is said that a humble person does not stoop smaller than he or she is; he or she stands at his real height seeing the reality of how small he or she is compared to God. When he or she humbles their-selves , they does not have to put on an act anymore because they has the real thing. He, of course, is opposed by those who do not have the real thing and experiences some form of persecution -such as a loss of friends.

Jesus said: "if they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you". But humility causes us to begin to fit into God's Kingdom and into the purpose He has for our lives which is fellowship with Himself. In trusting humility, we can open the door of our hearts to Jesus Himself and consummate our spiritual marriage to Him through a real, personal, loving relationship.
Revelation 3:20

Simply put, any relationship is an exchange of love-the giving and receiving of love. I think, our Lord makes this exchange possible through the power of His love that He offers us continually. The Bible says that we can love God because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

I think that Jesus holds His love out to us 24 hours of everyday-He is that available.

Love always, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and marks

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agree, Humble does not mean being walked over, or to creep about with ones face to the ground.

Num 12 -3
"Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth."
And as we know Moses had all of God's authority behind him, and was a great leader. :)

Humility is not outward show, but being ruled over in the heart by the Father.

IMHO

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, Humble does not mean being walked over, or to creep about with ones face to the ground.

Num 12 -3
"Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth."
And as we know Moses had all of God's authority behind him, and was a great leader. :)

Humility is not outward show, but being ruled over in the heart by the Father.

IMHO
Amen, I find that in all of my studies, as we as Christians would humble ourselves unto GOD The Father and His Son our Lord Jesus, that He will exalt us in due time when needed. :) 1 Peter 5:6

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God opposes the proud, and gives grace to the humble.

In the recognition of our weakness and need is our greatest strength. That's where we find God's grace.

Much love!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember when I realized what it means, "You're the lifter of my head."

You hold my head up straight! You make me to stand tall! Shoulders back, eyes up. That's what my Father wants for this son!

Much love!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie