A man thought he was the antichrist then thought he was God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question in title

• Yes he did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No he didnt

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry not interested.

Sorry to hear, but alas the truth is not for everyone at this time, only for those who are truly hungering and thirsting for it, the vast majority of professed believers are not interested in truth, no what they seek is that which tickles their ears, that which will coincide with their own beliefs.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
believers in what? encouragement is the last thing most believers need I guess
lol
Sorry didn't see this as it wasn't a direct reply.
I don't need to guess about this I can trust scripture such as heb 10: 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
or 1thess5:11 among others.

Then there is the experience of talking with Christians who face disapointment and difficulties in there Christian lives and need encouraging, prayer etc.

I also know from my own life that it is not a simple pathway of following Jesus, I need reminders, challenges and encouragement to continue.

Let me give you an outstanding example.
Duncan Campbell became a Christian at a scotish revival meeting, he started attending his local church, even though the minister was not a Christian. As a young Christian he grew through the continuong revival meetings.
Years later He learnt that that nonchristian minister was challenged by his faithfull attendance at the local church and was a significant part in that mans converstion.

Attend church, who knows what affect you will have!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Attend church, who knows what affect you will have!
amen, the heir needs to be under the servants until he inherits, I def agree. While he is there he will either learn--say for instance what the definition of "Church" really is, or what Scripture really says @ "Easter," or etc--or he will not learn; he will change his mind or he will not, he will find and follow Jesus' words literally--in all of his literal finding--or he won't, and etc. "Attending church" should take on a completely different meaning imo

Reactions: Helen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
men, the heir needs to be under the servants until he inherits, I def agree.
May I suggest that you study the history of revival.
Every revival of Christianity is linked to a 'church', That is an organised group of believers who were committed to meeting together weekly to worship God.
That is were every Christian, who claims to love Jesus will be found regularly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Every revival of Christianity is linked to a 'church', That is an organised group of believers who were committed to meeting together weekly to worship God.
That is were every Christian, who claims to love Jesus will be found regularly.
They are deceived, and I bet I could give you 100 signs to verify it wadr, the definition of "a church" is not Scriptural for one, that "pastor" has surely signed a Contract for Jesus, right, all "donations" are tax-deductible, and etc. Not saying that even Roman Centurions (which describes them perfectly ok, I was one for years) can't be accepted, so don't get me wrong

Meeting together in a building to ritually "worship," for God's sake, it's strictly a Saturnalia ok, go find Jesus doing that one single time if you can

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wadr I find the progression of an acid trip to be the nearest analogue, except the acid trip forces self examination and so I would do that over the other, and I am not being facetious here
Emo-fests for spiritual "women," no offense meant to literal women

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are deceived, and I bet I could give you 100 signs to verify it wadr, the definition of "a church" is not Scriptural for one, that "pastor" has surely signed a Contract for Jesus, right, all "donations" are tax-deductible, and etc. Not saying that even Roman Centurions (which describes them perfectly ok, I was one for years) can't be accepted, so don't get me wrong

Meeting together in a building to ritually "worship," for God's sake, it's strictly a Saturnalia ok, go find Jesus doing that one single time if you can

Oh well you've rubbished the entire history of Christianity including the New Testiment.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wadr I find the progression of an acid trip to be the nearest analogue, except the acid trip forces self examination and so I would do that over the other, and I am not being facetious here
Emo-fests for spiritual "women," no offense meant to literal women

I'm curiose just who today do you consider to be a Christian and who in history?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh well you've rubbished the entire history of Christianity including the New Testiment.
yes, I can see how it might appear that way lol. I can only suggest that a lot of rubbish has been scribed to us, and I am prepared to defend the pov with Scripture. But wadr I note that you haven't addressed any of the points, what do you feel got trashed?

does your congregation still sing "when we all get to heaven" bac?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes, I can see how it might appear that way lol. I can only suggest that a lot of rubbish has been scribed to us, and I am prepared to defend the pov with Scripture. But wadr I note that you haven't addressed any of the points, what do you feel got trashed?

does your congregation still sing "when we all get to heaven" bac?

"May I suggest that you study the history of revival.
That is were every Christian, who claims to love Jesus will be found regularly.'post 31

'They are deceived, and I bet I could give you 100 signs to verify it wadr, the definition of "a church" is not Scriptural for one, that "pastor" has surely signed a Contract for Jesus, right, all "donations" are tax-deductible, and etc. Not saying that even Roman Centurions (which describes them perfectly ok, I was one for years) can't be accepted, so don't get me wrong

Meeting together in a building to ritually "worship," for God's sake, it's strictly a Saturnalia ok, go find Jesus doing that one single time if you can" post 32.
Jesus was acustomed to attend his 'church' the synagoge Luke 4 says that, Paul also was acustomed in act 17 to attend synagoge and to preach in 'churches' that he often set up and organised.
Whether you like it or not Christianity is bound up with organised worship and service. It goes by the name of church.
Ever read about David Brainerd and the churches he established among american indians? or John Eliot, or Whitfield ordained as a CoE vicar he preached in the open air and in churches that would recieve him and he too formed churches.

Look at today,I'm aware of a group of african churches in africa training young men to go and evangelise other tribal groups, this together with all missionary work is only humanly possible because of the giving by Christians in churches.

You have refused to look at Christian history, but in an attempt to broaden your mind look up the phd article, " The Missionary Roots of Liberal Democracy." should you read it you will be surprised at the influence of Christianity.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You have refused to look at Christian history, but in an attempt to broaden your mind look up the phd article, " The Missionary Roots of Liberal Democracy." should you read it you will be surprised at the influence of Christianity.
Wadr I have not refused, and your phd guy would naturally have an investment in promoting missions as a good thing, when they are a major contributor of many of our current ills imo. I could suggest some books on missions, written by those affected by them who were actually there rather than behind a desk, but I guess you wouldn't prolly like them much. I mean Liberal Democracy? Like that is a good thing?

Doesn't even the title reek of like "How missions established the new king of the world?"

No offense but the real Mission books are prolly gonna make you cry, ok, I mean note your missions eradicated all the Spanish Catholic missions on the west coast as soon as it suited them--wiping out the Californio's with them--at least so to speak, what missions did to Puerto Rico is pretty well documented now, what they did to India is likely to finally come to court soon, etc.

Missions are strictly military rapproachments, just put a flower in the gun first lol, except prolly by those who went to serve, the unwitting sycophants. I can't think of a single culture that benefitted from missions, but if your phd mentioned one that stands out to you then pls name it and we'll see I guess. The guy is terminally deceived imo, and I bet if you quoted a single paragraph it would become apparent. You certainly have my permission if you like

As to the influence of Christianity Jesus I'm in a forum full of Islamophobic Cult of Sol adherents now lol, go ahead and tell me some more about the influence of Christianity. I might even accuse you of being disingenuous here, you seem to have gotten past the point of "witnessing" being backing strangers into a corner to profess at them, yet you fwd missions?

Fwiw I would be considering "stammering lips" in the context of your missions, ok, iow were they doing God's will, certainly, but that doesn't mean they won't have plenty to be judged for themselves.

Missions are evil, sent as punishment, and should not be confused with seeding churches which are voluntary, right.
Missions are fabulous! From a Catholic pov

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus was acustomed to attend his 'church' the synagoge
Go with that then, of course I can't disagree with "attend," if you think He sat in congregation and worshipped the way you define that term you will still certainly have to imagine it I guess, bc you can't Quote it. And wadr you only call the synagogue the "church" by the same bad reasoning imo, synagogues can also be held in a field.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen