A man thought he was the antichrist then thought he was God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question in title

• Yes he did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No he didnt

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this person a Christian?
If yes then no he hasn't.
If no, then he has committed it.

The person thought he was the antichrist (intrusive thoughts tried to convince him) then he thought he was Jesus (again intrusive thoughts). Before this episode, he DID confess Jesus as the son of God and his savior, so on that note I believe he was a Christian and still claims to be...

So what do you think?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Before this episode, he DID confess Jesus as the son of God and his savior,
Based only on that I would say he is a Christian and because he suffers from an unknown mental illness hence the intrusive thoughts.
There is no way he could have committed the unforgivable sin.
Jesus said he does not quench a smoulding wick.
We fail to understand the depth, reach and passion of Jesus's love for us and even more for the struggling lambs.

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based only on that I would say he is a Christian and because he suffers from an unknown mental illness hence the intrusive thoughts.
There is no way he could have committed the unforgivable sin.
Jesus said he does not quench a smoulding wick.
We fail to understand the depth, reach and passion of Jesus's love for us and even more for the struggling lambs.
If the alleged man thinks he’s God, then he is antichrist...’

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreed with you there. I'm just trying to figure out how to counsel him.
I did not realize that this is an actual scenario. All you can tell him is"Don't let your imagination run away with you".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Such as? I have more information if you're interested.

Agreed with you there. I'm just trying to figure out how to counsel him.

This is a very sad soul.
He needs professional help. I haven't found that these types can be 'counselled'...they are already busy listening to the voices that are telling them this stuff.

Bless you...H

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Or he is mentally ill.

Here is a challenging question for you.

A mother comes to your church and brings with her, a child who is visible disturbed.
How would your church welcome them and help them?
( by disturbed I mean unable to sit still, violently twiching, makeing strange loud noises and reacting with screeches to loud noises. )
Would people be found to sit with that child, would they be welcomed each week or would they be asked to leave?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A mother comes to your church and brings with her, a child who is visible disturbed.
How would your church welcome them and help them?
I don’t attend church.

by disturbed I mean unable to sit still, violently twiching, makeing strange loud noises and reacting with screeches to loud noises. )
You just described today’s church.

Would people be found to sit with that child, would they be welcomed each week or would they be asked to leave?
Maybe Luke 8 would be a good place to start. The one in question is a man.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i'd maybe be careful there, we are called to be elohim too, and you are getting this scenario second-hand, the subject might not have put it that way, or etc. "He thinks he's God" is a cliché, after all.

we may be privy to a convo made more in confidence to a confidant here, wherein one is being a bit more brutally honest than they might normally be in public? After all, most believers are or were doing what was being said anyway, whether they have the stones to admit it or not, me included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus