A new beginning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spent to many years being a wounded Christian. Reading several books gave the Holy Spirit the purchase to pry my open and show me the error of being a wounded Christian.
I have been a Christian since birth, I have had many affirmations during my life. The most awesome led me to step out of a Lutheran sect and reaffirm my Christianity. That is I am a Christian that studied the life, history and teachings of Martin Luther.
The sect of Lutheran I left, the Doctrine is controlled by forth, fifth and more generation pastors. Because of family connections these pastors are royalty and cannot be questioned or called to accountability. I know hard words, but BY THEIR FRUIT YOU WILL KNOW THEM! There is much bad fruit in these sect royalty pastors. If I hear "we are all Christians here we don't need accountability or audit," I will be gone so fast you will never know I was there. This statement is part of the root cause of why I have been a wounded Christian.

It is time for me heal and get active again! Twenty years of dabbling because of the wounds, has been to long!

Al

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I have had many affirmations during my life. The most awesome led me to step out of a Lutheran sect and reaffirm my Christianity..

Good for you, we should walk away from any church or sect where we don't feel comfortable.
I'm non-denominational and don't need any church or pastor to do my thinking for me..:)
Jesus said "You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spent to many years being a wounded Christian. Reading several books gave the Holy Spirit the purchase to pry my open and show me the error of being a wounded Christian.
I have been a Christian since birth, I have had many affirmations during my life. The most awesome led me to step out of a Lutheran sect and reaffirm my Christianity. That is I am a Christian that studied the life, history and teachings of Martin Luther.
The sect of Lutheran I left, the Doctrine is controlled by forth, fifth and more generation pastors. Because of family connections these pastors are royalty and cannot be questioned or called to accountability. I know hard words, but BY THEIR FRUIT YOU WILL KNOW THEM! There is much bad fruit in these sect royalty pastors. If I hear "we are all Christians here we don't need accountability or audit," I will be gone so fast you will never know I was there. This statement is part of the root cause of why I have been a wounded Christian.

It is time for me heal and get active again! Twenty years of dabbling because of the wounds, has been to long!

Al
Experience the collective experiences of Christians on this site with their breadth and width and maybe some depth:rolleyes: of knowledge and even read about their personal experiences, from the serious to the comical topics....

Wounded warriors in Christ are always welcome here :) stick around

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Al
Hey there, Al! Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. So glad to hear you got out of that situation. Accountability is essential to a thriving church whose members walk close to the Lord. Personally I feel that every church should have a Presbyterian form of government meaning that there is no solitary ultimate authoritative figure (outside of the head of the church, Jesus Christ of course); rather any person of authority can be questioned by any person of that church and can have a complain brought against them which must be further investigated by a council of elders. Ultimate control by one figure in a church is a very dangerous thing to allow. It is way too common with us sinful creatures to let power go to our heads. That dispersing of power which is done in Presbyterian forms of church government attempts to prevent that from happening (of course, like everything in this world, even that kind of system is not perfect).

I hope you will find a church that is Christ-centered and Bible-based where you will have good fellowship which I feel is necessary to have a close walk with the Lord Jesus in this life. Best wishes to you, dear brother.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Alfred,
I understand the structure you speak of to a certain point. My first husbands brother - in-laws pastored one church for 25 yrs or more then his Son took over the same church at his retirement.

Now I am not a preacher nor pastor but to me this seems like nepotism as opposed to God's will. Here too the same members remain w/ o real growth of the congregation.

Jesus said " go into all the world and preach the gospel....." so as I said I do not understand this that happens in probably all denominations ( one reason I despise labels)

Reactions: dhh712

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Al
Welcome to Christianity Board! I hope you enjoy it here.