Will anyone else be bitter this Christmas?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot going on in the world and I am probably not alone in feeling bitter this time of year.

A while ago I wrote about things going on in my life and how they have effected my spiritual life. Despite how hard I have tried to get back the faith I have lost my efforts have been for nothing. After some events I have given up trying to restore the relationship I once had with God and this will be the first Christmas I will spend bitter towards him. I know how horrible that sounds and maybe I am wrong, and for that I am sorry. God was once like a father to me and I feel like I have lost something valuable to me when I look back at that time. I am giving up trying to mend things because I know it is all over now, some wounds just cannot heal. I might still be a Christian but not as strong of one as I once was. Religion no longer plays the huge part in my life it once did.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the lust of the flesh that Satan brings you back into the world. Lust of material things, things you hold onto, and lust of women. It is Satan that drives you from God, that's his job. Ask yourself this, where else could I go, but to the Lord.? It is Never God's fault that you fail, its you, all you. God is always there seeking to restore you.

John 10:28 - And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a lot going on in the world and I am probably not alone in feeling bitter this time of year.

A while ago I wrote about things going on in my life and how they have effected my spiritual life. Despite how hard I have tried to get back the faith I have lost my efforts have been for nothing. After some events I have given up trying to restore the relationship I once had with God and this will be the first Christmas I will spend bitter towards him. I know how horrible that sounds and maybe I am wrong, and for that I am sorry. God was once like a father to me and I feel like I have lost something valuable to me when I look back at that time. I am giving up trying to mend things because I know it is all over now, some wounds just cannot heal. I might still be a Christian but not as strong of one as I once was. Religion no longer plays the huge part in my life it once did.
Most of us, at one time or another in our walk with God, have had wilderness times when everything appears to be bleak and tough. From my own experience it is difficult to get out of the wilderness times by ourselves. During one of my bleak times I kept praying but things didn't get any better, but then I realised I was concentrating more on myself and my feelings than on God. Once I came to this realisation God then spoke into my spirit saying. 'Just be and let me'. Just those few simple words from that wonderful source took all the pressure off and I was released from that bleak wilderness time.

So I would say stop concentrating on your self and instead give yourself over to God and listen to him. Don't worry about it all because, as i was told many years ago, worry is a sin. Just don't try too hard.

Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God

Last edited:

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will anyone else be bitter this Christmas?
I won't be. I've learned the secret to life is a positive mental attitude. Even when things are at their worst you can always find reasons to be thankful; and if you want to you can find reasons for a bleak outlook even in the best of circumstances. It's up to you bro.

Reactions: Pearl

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't be. I've learned the secret to life is a positive mental attitude. Even when things are at their worst you can always find reasons to be thankful; and if you want to you can find reasons for a bleak outlook even in the best of circumstances. It's up to you bro.
I wish more people would understand this and practice it.

Reactions: Pearl