A new Catholic perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Agree Wakka she was no more nor less than any other Holy person in scripture you do not see people running around with statues of Enoch and He walked with God. She may have been rightous especially in her younger days before the Birth of Christ. But once that was done no where does it say Mary was without sin Only Christ was sinlessMary was a sinner just like everyone else.

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Wakka;22087)
All she was was just a mother. She's hardly mentioned in the Bible. There's not much to value.
Wow.........so I guess the mother of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer and the second person in the Trinity, isn't much value. I would strongly disagree......and there's 1.2 billion people on this planet that would disagree. But I respect your opinion:)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(goldy;22088)
I thought that Christians can pray for one another. According to your logic, this is a sin. If you truly feel this way, you should never ask anyone to pray for you again. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jesus say things like, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whoever sins you forgive are forgiven. Whoever sins you retain are retained" I know that's in my bible, and he was referring to His disciples. Or what about, "Whatever you bound on earth will be bound in Heaven. Whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven". Hmmmmmm, sounds a whole lot like what we call confession!!! By the way, we don't worship Mary. If you think we do, could you provide evidence for this?
Praying for one another is not the same as saying another person can decide you are forgiven or what your penality should be.It is nothing like a confession.I do not know if you worship Mary but a large number in your faith worship her

AtHisfeet

Nov 8, 2007
What about when Jesus asked the disciples, "Who do men say that I am?"And Peter said, "You of the Christ, the Son of God."And Jesus said, "I say you are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."Setting aside the debate about whether Christ was building his church on Peter or on what Peter professed; I was always taught from the Bible that the "church" Christ was building was not a church that you could see as an earthly entity that it was spiritual. Can you think of the verses that teach that?

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;22089)
Agree Wakka she was no more nor less than any other Holy person in scripture you do not see people running around with statues of Enoch and He walked with God. She may have been rightous especially in her younger days before the Birth of Christ. But once that was done no where does it say Mary was without sin Only Christ was sinlessMary was a sinner just like everyone else.
I disagree.......Please prove to me that Mary was a sinner. If you quote, "All have sinned" from scripture, I have a 4 week old daughter. Has she sinned? I guess not all have sinned then?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(goldy;22094)
(kriss;22089)
I disagree.......Please prove to me that Mary was a sinner. If you quote, "All have sinned" from scripture, I have a 4 week old daughter. Has she sinned? I guess not all have sinned then?I Peter 2:22, II Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15 all scriptures that says Christ was without sin.To say Mary was sinless ruins the world point of Christ as Saviour of the world.Jag

preciousmessage

Oct 28, 2007
(goldy;22088)
I thought that Christians can pray for one another. According to your logic, this is a sin. If you truly feel this way, you should never ask anyone to pray for you again. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jesus say things like, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whoever sins you forgive are forgiven. Whoever sins you retain are retained" I know that's in my bible, and he was referring to His disciples. Or what about, "Whatever you bound on earth will be bound in Heaven. Whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven". Hmmmmmm, sounds a whole lot like what we call confession!!! By the way, we don't worship Mary. If you think we do, could you provide evidence for this?
Hi,I'm glad I have an opportunity to discuss the Bible with you. Welcome aboard, may we come into the unity of faith. The immaculate conception, as I'm sure you know, is not that Jesus was sinless and more sublime, but that Mary was sinless and separated from the rest of humanity. ... Yet Mary came into this world with a sinful nature as the rest of mankind. Even Christ came into this world with the "likeness of sinful flesh." (Rom. 8:1-3). Something to consider.Thanks, Jake

preciousmessage

Oct 28, 2007
(goldy;22090)
Wow.........so I guess the mother of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer and the second person in the Trinity, isn't much value. I would strongly disagree......and there's 1.2 billion people on this planet that would disagree. But I respect your opinion:)
It is very evident that God saw something in Mary. She must have been an extremely godly woman, to be sure! God did see Mary as very special. Yet, if I may say softly, a huge majority of those who believe in the doctrine of the immaculate conception does not necessarily make it so. The quality of scripture certainly is more precious than a majority of man. blessings in Christ,Jake

AtHisfeet

Nov 8, 2007
The word of God says that Mary was blessed among women not blessed above women. And in her praise to God she called God "my savior." If she was without sin she wouldn't need a savior.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Though she was a blessed and Holy woman her blood never mixed with that of Christ, science here, the Baby makes its own blood it is only nourished by the mothers.I hope know one here turns this into a Catholic bashing thread but catholics please understand this is a Bible teaching/discussion site and it seemsthe catholic church believes in much that isn't Biblical so there is bound to be disagreementsso lets try to keep it civil we are not against you personally we just do not follow your religiousteachings or traditions or that of any other religion unless it is in scripture.

AtHisfeet

Nov 8, 2007
I'm not interested in Catholic bashing.But I'm looking for Biblical answers to someone who brings up these doctrinal issues.

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(AtHisfeet;22070)
I have encountered someone who says that Christ founded the Catholic Church, so that is the only church.
Please prove to me that it isn't the true Church........

Dave...

Aug 16, 2007
Hi goldyDo you believe that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone?God blessDave

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Wakka;22077)
Yes. And what power does the Pope have in forgiving other peoples sins, changing laws, and being above others when it comes to righteousness.We are all the same humans and we have all committed a sin. Even the Pope.I don't value the Papacy at all, nor his laws.
First of all, do you think we worship the pope or something? Next, of course you don't value the Papacy.........YOU'RE PROTESTANT!!! You probably don't value the pope anymore than I value some Joe the televangelist.As for calling no man father, please refer to these passages (there are many more, but I will just name a few), Luke 16:24, what does the rich man refer to Abraham as? Did he get it wrong too? What about Acts 7:2, did St. Stephen get this wrong too? What about Acts 21:40, 22:1? Did St. Paul get this one wrong too? And you will notice right after Jesus says call no man father, he also says call no man teacher. Do you know what the word "doctor" means? It means Teacher, in Latin. So therefore, any Protestant megachurch who has a pastor who has a doctorate in theology is going against Scripture.......according to this line of thinking. Perhaps the silliest argument to this passage is, what do you call the man who gave you birth? If you say, "my father", you just went against Scripture!! This argument is very shallow and weak. Jesus is simply using hyperbole in this passage to reiterate that it's important to put no human person above Him.

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Dave...;22165)
Hi goldyDo you believe that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone?God blessDave
Great question. If you're referring to the doctrine of Sola Fide (spelling?), we don't believe in this. In a nutshell, we believe you have to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. But then we have to prove this......that's where works come in. It's not an either/or for us......it's a both/and. It's not only faith, it's not only works. Hope this helps

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(AtHisfeet;22107)
I'm not interested in Catholic bashing.But I'm looking for Biblical answers to someone who brings up these doctrinal issues.
Which biblical answers are you looking for?

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;22101)
Though she was a blessed and Holy woman her blood never mixed with that of Christ, science here, the Baby makes its own blood it is only nourished by the mothers.I hope know one here turns this into a Catholic bashing thread but catholics please understand this is a Bible teaching/discussion site and it seemsthe catholic church believes in much that isn't Biblical so there is bound to be disagreementsso lets try to keep it civil we are not against you personally we just do not follow your religiousteachings or traditions or that of any other religion unless it is in scripture.
I'm not on here to ruffle feathers, although it's bound to happen when there are disagreements. I'm also not so naive to just think you will accept Catholic doctrine like a bolt of lightning. There isn't anything wrong with disagreement, as long as people do it in a Christian way. I think you would agree with that. I appreciate this post.
smile.gif

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;22091)
Praying for one another is not the same as saying another person can decide you are forgiven or what your penality should be.It is nothing like a confession.I do not know if you worship Mary but a large number in your faith worship her
Kriss, please prove that Catholics worship Mary. If you just "assume" we do, please watch what you say. This is a very dangerous way of thinking. As for confession, that's OUR interpretation of those verses. To me, it's very clear. No offense, but I'll take the interpretation of an institution that has been in place for 2000 years as opposed to someone who's been on earth for less than 100........assuming you are under 100 years old:angel1:

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(AtHisfeet;22092)
What about when Jesus asked the disciples, "Who do men say that I am?"And Peter said, "You of the Christ, the Son of God."And Jesus said, "I say you are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."Setting aside the debate about whether Christ was building his church on Peter or on what Peter professed; I was always taught from the Bible that the "church" Christ was building was not a church that you could see as an earthly entity that it was spiritual. Can you think of the verses that teach that?
If the church was an invisible entity, wouldn't we have to agree on all matters of faith and morals? Last I checked, there were 33,000 plus Protestant denominations worldwide, and one, holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Catholics agree on ALL matters of faith and morals......we are unified and one. Yes, there are dissenters of the Church. But these are individuals who choose to dissent, not the Church.