A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's only a matter of transliteration. There is no question about how God's Name appears in the Bible.

You should research this, because what I'm saying is true. "Jehovah" is a word made up to keep people from actually saying God's Name.

This is your JW's party line. You've put a name in place of God's Name that is not His. So what you speak here, you speak against the Watchtower.

Much love!
Men say they made up Gods name-They are full of it. The world is about to find out-Jehovah is the only true God.

A single teaching from Jesus proves every trinity religion on earth does not belong to him= John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ)--- See The only true God sent another, he did not come down here. And one must know the Father as the only true God to get eternal life. And know the one he sent=Jesus.
The real reason why Paul named only the Father as God at 1 Cor 8:6. The Father is Jehovah.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did you quote a Scripture???
I shared many scriptures in our talks- Your darkness rules your existence. I have had about enough of your darkness-I merely plant seeds, another waters, God makes it grow, but not many are fertile soil in their hearts and the darkness remains until its to late. Time is running out. This world will not improve, it will keep getting worse. We are living the pangs of distress,( Matt 24:8) soon Babylon falls and triggers the tribulation which will be way worse than now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men say they made up Gods name-They are full of it. The world is about to find out-Jehovah is the only true God.
I'm just telling you how that name "Jehovah" came to be, some many centuries after the time of Christ.

They took the letters of God's revealed Name, YHWH, and combined it with the vowels of Adonai, lord, and came up with Jehovah, so no one who was reading it would be tempted to pronounce His True Name, which was not that.

You are clinging to a supposed name of God that is specifically NOT His True Name. That's why they made it, because it was NOT the real thing.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See The only true God sent another, he did not come down here.
And the Word was God . . . and the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us.

I know you reject the Trinity, however, that is how the Scriptures make sense, show harmony, and can be faithfully translated.

Do you believe the teaching that Jesus is the Word, though not being God, rather, being "a god"?

Much love!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How well do you know Koine Greek? Are you educated in it? Self studied?
I consult those who are educated in Koine Greek, as do my brotherhood.....and John 1:1 in Greek is clear as it identifies two “gods” in that verse.....but in Greek the word “theos” (god) doesn’t only mean Yahweh. It is used for any “god, goddess or divinely authorised personage”. Yahweh called the judges in Israel “gods” because they had his authority to judge in his behalf. (John 10:31-36) All authority had to be given to Jesus by his Father, who sent him. (Matt 28:18)

If the divine name was still in use, the trinity would not exist, solely on the basis of the accurate translation of John 1:1....it would read....”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (“ho theos”, meaning Yahweh) and the Word was a god (“theos” without the definite article).
How can Jesus be “with God” and at the same time, BE God?

Jesus at his baptism became the “Christ” (anointed one) becoming his Father’s representative on earth. He came in the name of his Father and in spite of the fact that the Jews had eliminated God’s name from their speech, it was still clearly in their scripture....a name they were instructed to use “forever” (Exodus 3:15)....but the pronunciation was lost due to lack of use in their speech and the construct of the written Hebrew language made it difficult to ascertain the correct way to say it..
I've never agreed with the Kingdom Hall version of John 1:1. It's polytheistic at best, and that's in complete disagreement with the Scriptures, so I know immediately without being a Greek scholar that their version is false. From my Greek schooling and studies since, I see their version is false.
John 1:1 as it s translated in the NWT is correct because of the very reason that you stated.....we are not polytheistic, but those of the RCC who introduced the doctrine of a three in one “godhead” invented the concept from pagan ideas.....not from the scriptures. Triads of gods in pagan religions predate Christianity by centuries. The first Christians were all Jewish, and they would NEVER have accepted a Messiah who claimed to be God (ho theos).

The scripture mentioned above...(John 10:31-33) is a case in point....
“Once again the Jews picked up stones to stone him. 32 Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to you many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are you stoning me?” 33 The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy; for you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” (theos) 34 Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? (theos) 35 If he called ‘gods’ (theos) those against whom the word of God (ho theos) came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified— 36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s (ho theos) Son’?

The Greek reads very differently from the English translation. The definite article identifies and separates Yahweh from his son, “sanctified and sent into the world”.
Read in Greek we can see from the use of the definite article that the Jews were not accusing Jesus of claiming to be “ho theos” (Yahweh) but simply “theos” (a god or divine one).
Did you want to look at this together?
The scriptures do not teach that Jesus is Almighty God, or even that he shares any kind of equality with the God that he himself worships.
John 1:18.....No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.”

How many people saw Jesus? How can God be “begotten”? The begetter has to precede the begotten. No son exists before his father.
“Monogenes theos” means “only begotten god”...a divine one......the very first of God’s created sons. (Rev 3:14; Col 1:15)

After his return to heaven what did he say in his revelation to John?

Revelation 3:12....

“‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.”

Four times in that one verse Jesus speaks about his God......can God worship himself?
Who gave Jesus that Revelation? (Rev 1:1)

There is not one single statement from either God or his son that says Jesus is Yahweh.....not one.
We are not told to pray to Jesus....we are not told to worship him either, because in the Lord’s Prayer Jesus includes himself by addressing his God as “OUR FATHER”......and saying that his name is to be “hallowed” (made holy, sanctified).....you cannot sanctify a name you never use. (John 17:26)

As the creator of language, God knows his name in all foreign tongues......to quibble over the pronunciation whilst at the same time using the English translation of “Jesus” is hypocritical because you believe that Jesus is God, and yet you do not use his Hebrew name.
I believe that there is way more evidence for the trinity to be proven false than there ever is for suggesting otherwise.

Reactions: Wrangler

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and John 1:1 in Greek is clear as it identifies two “gods” in that verse.....but in Greek the word “theos” (god) doesn’t only mean Yahweh.
Then the next question is, how many Gods do you worship? Is your Godhead a pantheon? Do you have a God and demigod? There is in fact only One God, I think we all know that. That is, one True God. (I'm anticipating 'gods many and lords many', as though that were speaking of true gods.)

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one single statement from either God or his son that says Jesus is Yahweh.....not one.
Now, If man were to dictate to God how He should write His book, you can maybe define some terms and go off searching for them. Just the same, let's not overlook what we do have.

On passage I take seriously is here,

Zechariah 14:1-4 KJV
1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Who is it Who will stand on the Mount of Olives on that day?

Oh and there is much to tell us Who Jesus Is, with no uncertainty.

Much love!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared many scriptures in our talks-
No you haven't!
Your darkness rules your existence. I have had about enough of your darkness-I merely plant seeds, another waters, God makes it grow, but not many are fertile soil in their hearts and the darkness remains until its to late. Time is running out. This world will not improve, it will keep getting worse. We are living the pangs of distress,( Matt 24:8) soon Babylon falls and triggers the tribulation which will be way worse than now.
Still can't quote Scripture? I can.

NWT
John 20
Thomas said to Jesus "My Lord and my God".
Rev 20 they will be tormented day and night forever and ever

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just telling you how that name "Jehovah" came to be, some many centuries after the time of Christ.

They took the letters of God's revealed Name, YHWH, and combined it with the vowels of Adonai, lord, and came up with Jehovah, so no one who was reading it would be tempted to pronounce His True Name, which was not that.

You are clinging to a supposed name of God that is specifically NOT His True Name. That's why they made it, because it was NOT the real thing.

Much love!
So say men. I say God has always made his name known and always will.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Word was God . . . and the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us.

I know you reject the Trinity, however, that is how the Scriptures make sense, show harmony, and can be faithfully translated.

Do you believe the teaching that Jesus is the Word, though not being God, rather, being "a god"?

Much love!
In the Greek lexicons. in the 2nd line the true God is called a Greek word that ends in v=God--The Logos is called the Greek word that ends in g=god. 100% proof that is how that gets translated = 2Cor 4:4--Satan= the god of this system of things called the Greek word that ends in g=god and the true God called the Greek word that ends in v=God. These are facts.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you haven't!

Still can't quote Scripture? I can.

NWT
John 20
Thomas said to Jesus "My Lord and my God".
Rev 20 they will be tormented day and night forever and ever
You keep quoting that all the way until Jehovah shows you.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Greek lexicons. in the 2nd line the true God is called a Greek word that ends in v=God--The Logos is called the Greek word that ends in g=god. 100% proof that is how that gets translated = 2Cor 4:4--Satan= the god of this system of things called the Greek word that ends in g=god and the true God called the Greek word that ends in v=God. These are facts.
Which Bible translations are errors and Satanic?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Bible translations are errors and Satanic?
Everyone that has Gods name removed by the wicked religions who refuse to put it back in support of satans will. Those translations mislead all into not entering Gods kingdom.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone that has Gods name removed by the wicked religions who refuse to put it back in support of satans will. Those translations mislead all into not entering Gods kingdom.
Name our Bibles that are errors and Satanic!