A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dishonesty
It's this kind of stuff that disinterests me in getting into a discussion with you. I pick out some words that go to the heart of what I'm responding to. Call me a liar if you want, it doesn't bother me, people think all kinds of nutty things. I'm just not interested in having discussions about Christianity with people that either can't keep a civil tongue in their head (not you), or revert to these personalities crap. I'm just not interested.

If you can step it up a level, that may be different, but you'll need to demonstrate that kind of change.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not my question. Obviously, you just want to repeat your mantra that contradicts what Thomas actually said (which was an exclamation) AND not answer my question. Your silence speaks volumes.
As does your deflection. So I'm not going to follow you down the garden path, get over it.

Much love!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's this kind of stuff that disinterests me in getting into a discussion with you. I pick out some words that go to the heart of what I'm responding to. Call me a liar if you want, it doesn't bother me, people think all kinds of nutty things. I'm just not interested in having discussions about Christianity with people that either can't keep a civil tongue in their head (not you), or revert to these personalities crap. I'm just not interested.

If you can step it up a level, that may be different, but you'll need to demonstrate that kind of change.

Much love!
Prov 28:1 - The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Just weak on your part Marks!

• Haha

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I find insightful with 3n1 believers is how they are so reticent to give ground on this subject. They would rather compromise their own integrity than give a millimeter of ground when dealing with the text. @marks what is there to lose? Why couldn't you go for the hard question and apply an honest answer? What is the cost in doing so? Will you lose your hope? Will you lose your faith? Will you lose your reputation? Why can't you allow the Word of God to speak freely without forcing your theological position on it? Excommunicado?

Makes no sense whatsoever!

F2F

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
James 2:19

John 20:28
-
New International Version
Thomas said to him (Jesus), “My Lord and my God!”

New Living Translation
“My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

English Standard Version
Thomas answered him (Jesus), “My Lord and my God!”

Berean Standard Bible
Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

Berean Literal Bible
Thomas answered and said to Him (Jesus), "My Lord and my God!"

King James Bible
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

New King James Version
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

New American Standard Bible
Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find insightful with 3n1 believers is how they are so reticent to give ground on this subject. They would rather compromise their own integrity than give a millimeter of ground when dealing with the text. @marks what is there to lose? Why couldn't you go for the hard question and apply an honest answer? What is the cost in doing so? Will you lose your hope? Will you lose your faith? Will you lose your reputation? Why can't you allow the Word of God to speak freely without forcing your theological position on it? Excommunicado?

Makes no sense whatsoever!

F2F
Try to understand . . . it's not the topic, it's your style and manners.

Gee! Why can't you let the word speak to you? Do you see how easy it is to make all these vain statements? Not interested.

Much love!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Gee! Why can't you let the word speak to you? Do you see how easy it is to make all these vain statements? Not interested.

Much love!
Why not try and answer the question?
hmmx1:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find insightful with 3n1 believers is how they are so reticent to give ground on this subject. They would rather compromise their own integrity than give a millimeter of ground when dealing with the text.
Such is the nature of IDOLATRY.

So very common in Christiandom, a hallmark is they cannot admit any weakness to their belief. An open mind on say, something political, can admit for Proposition A, there are legitimate arguments for and against and after careful consideration, they come down on X.

Closed-minded does not begin to cover the destructive affects of one’s IDOLATRY. A simple test is what is more important:
  • A. Bringing people to Christ (The Great Commission)?
  • B. The IDOL (doctrine, in this case)?
An IDOLATOR will not give up their IDOL even if it means rejecting The Great Commission.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets make this very clear - this not about a victory! It's not a tug-of-war where you are trying to get people over the line! What's at stake here is "truth" and the textual criticism required to discover it fullest meaning. If John 20 led us to the doctrine of the Trinity then we must except it as truth (it doesn't). Using textual context such as John 20:17 establishes the fact that Jesus has a God and Father, no different to the Lords bothers & sisters (our). In reality there is no change in that relationship by faith. Yes, Jesus is God's beloved Son and in time we all will be beloved sons as we rule with Christ being his body. It's fruitless getting all hot under the collar over imported doctrines nowhere to be found in the Scriptures of truth. We are better spending our time examining the Word and asking the right questions in the hope we will be revealed the right answers.

F2F

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk about deflection. It’s not the topic, you offended me! Unbelievable.

In logic, this is called Ad Homenim. No matter how ‘horrible’ our style and manners are, you can put on your big boy doctrinal pants on and discuss it, including honestly answering probing questions that reveal the relative strength and weakness of the various arguments.

Alternatively, have the self-control to avoid threads that offend you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's fruitless getting all hot under the collar
So then don't. And don't project onto me some kind of imagined emotionalism because I have standards for discussion. We aren't a church council hammering out doctrine for the centuries, we're just two guys online. I'm interested in respectful discussion, with valid things being said. If that's not happening, I've got better things to do.

I'm saying these things to you so that you may take it to heart and grow.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reality there is no change in that relationship by faith. Yes, Jesus is God's beloved Son and in time we all will be beloved sons as we rule with Christ being his body. It's fruitless getting all hot under the collar over imported doctrines nowhere to be found in the Scriptures of truth.
IDOLATORS cannot admit this last part. If only you rely on extreme Eisegesis …

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol - it must be a pandemic Marks.
No, just a couple of guys online that I've been conversing with who can't seem to keep on their own side of the fence, and can't seem to stop being insulting, and projecting, and all that rot, and just have a respectful and - there's that word - honest discussion.

Because it's not an honest discussion when you engage in personalities and all that with people you've never even met! Better to stay on topic, and, news flash, I'm not the topic.

If you want to discuss me maybe start a new thread, and you can all go to town on it. Or just do it here, I don't really care.

Much love!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Talk about deflection. It’s not the topic, you offended me! Unbelievable.

In logic, this is called Ad Homenim. No matter how ‘horrible’ our style and manners are, you can put on your big boy doctrinal pants on and discuss it, including honestly answering probing questions that reveal the relative strength and weakness of the various arguments.

Alternatively, have the self-control to avoid threads that offend you.
I'd rather not see Marks wounded by these chats, but rather respond honestly to the text. Engage with its intent, "till the ground" so to speak as a "fellow worker" of the same soil. Don't run from the field because the heat of the day is too much. True, the "feeling" of the heat may be painful causing one to leave, but stay and test the integrity of your own work! Wisdom is hidden from plain sight which is why the Lord spoke in Parables. There is honour in searching for those pearls of great price.

God be with your searching Marks!

F2F

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's in your best interest to challenge those notions, questioning their origins and allowing the Word to instil right images. Happy to explore that with you anytime.
F2F

I think that you have totally missed what I had originally posted.

Why would I need for you to show me your understanding when it is obvious that you have not understood the validity of what I had originally posted. You are claiming something that you do not have.

Goodbye

• Love